Fable - Ask A Hundred Bolts and a Prayer

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Zharzohved Vaultkeeper

Lord of the Deepvaults
Character Biography
Link
Agatha.
I hope this missive reaches you in whatever condition it is that you deserve. Ain't often I call for anyone to come to the Deepvaults, but I need to speak with you as soon as possible. The idiot that I sent to deliver this message should have also come with a chest of gold bars. You'll forgive the amount of men I had to send with it. Come to the vaults as soon as possible. You help me with this, there's more where that came from. Bring your best with you.

Zharzohved of the Clan Vaultkeeper

A few months to wait was nothing for a Dwarf. In the meantime, he did what he did everyday. Poured over his ledgers and spent his time tinkering in the delpths of the world. He found his peace in locking mechanisms and crossbow designs as he and his ancestors had for years beyond count. When other peoples and clans worshipped their gods, the Vaultkeepers found salvation in the click of a safe. The pulling of a lever and the smell of the furnace. He dreaded going up to see daylight again or deal with the petty surface dwellers and their problems. But the old Dwarf had problems of his own. Problems that he was running too thin on manpower to fix...

The Deepvaults were a wide network. Both vast and petty treasures locked away by everyone from Kings to slaves. All were welcomed to make use of the Vaultkeepers' security. That meant expansion. That meant hiring more Dwarves and more smiths. And that meant finding things that you wished you hadn't in the stone.

Vaultkeeper's chambers were far from what one might expect of a dwarf with such wealth. It was plain and stone. Stern faces of ancestors long past stared down at him in their stoicism. Zharzohved's long white beard fell down over his belly. He wore a dwarf lord's finery. Rings of silver adorned his large fingers and he stood in front of a fireplace holding a goblet made of solid gold. He'd been peering into the flames when Rhoknovad entered.

"Lord. Scout just led the mercenaries down from the surface. Their Captain wishes to see you."

"Mhm. Let her in."

When she entered, Zharzohved turned around but did not make eye contact. It wasn't disrespect. It was just his way. Agatha was one of the few surface dwellers he could actually stomach.

"Go on lass. Si' down anywhere. Don't much care," he moved to sit in a stone seat by the fire and spoke dryly. "Took ye fookin' long enough to get here Aggs, hm? Were you waitin' on me to die, is tha' it?"

• Gasp
Reactions: Agatha