Private Tales A Girl's Trip

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Charity Briarthorne

Mischief-Maker
Cherry Rose Inc.
Character Biography
Link
The sun shone cheerily in the cloudless blue sky and the carriage bumped along at a leisurely pace. Four women sat inside, on their way to their first family vacation.

Charity laid on her back on the seat, her head in Honey's lap. She reached up and gently pushed Honey's hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. A soft smile was on Charity's lips and her fingertips softly brushed against Honey's cheek as she lowered her arm. "Im so glad you could come with us! How'd you get Zilvra to give you the time off?" Her smile widened as she quietly talked with Honey.

"Oh!" Charity suddenly gasped as if she had just remembered that there were two other women in the carriage. She rolled to her side and dug around in her bag that rested on the floor. "Here it is!" Pulling out a small bag cinched closed with a drawstring, Charity passed it over to Eilerias. "Hey. I got this bag of candy for ya. Urchin said he thought you might like it and asked me to give it to ya!"

"So Mother,"
Charity turned her head to look at Gwen. "What's Heticate like? Is she as awesome as Faust?" Charity asked curiously.

Eilerias
Honey
Gwendolyn Vollmund

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Honey and Eilerias
Eilerias squinted as she looked out the window, nervously fiddling with the empty spot on her finger where her engagement ring had previously sat. She had taken it off during an argument and sent it flying somewhere under a bookshelf only a few weeks prior. Since then, she had been staying in Charity's room. She hadn't seen Isak. She wasn't sure she wanted to. Ever since she left some strange meeting set up by Gwen, she had been even more confused and upset with her life and her child's life.

She left Alliria because she loved him. She didn't want to see him suffer when the child came and it was obvious it wasn't his. She didn't want her or the child to be a weak spot for him. She wanted him to be happy, even if it meant she couldn't. Coming back, she was greeted with secret meetings, hushed conversations, and arguments that seemed to last for days.

She looked over to Charity laying comfortably in Honey's lap, playing with her hair. She was smiling. They both looked so...happy...so in love. Eilerias never considered herself to be a jealous person, but that must have been the sick feeling she was experiencing as she stared at the two of them. She wanted that kind of happiness, but she would never ask for it. Maybe it wasn't in Sol'Nityr's plans for her.

"Huh?" The sour look left her face, replaced with confusion as she looked at the bag Charity tossed to her. "Oh..Oh!" She nodded and stashed it in her pocket. "Urchin's a sweetie, isn't he!" She smiled warmly. "I don't know how he always knows exactly what I need. Teas, candies, strange combinations of foods I dreamt of. He must be psychic or something." She laughed, leaning on Gwen's shoulder.

"Yes Gwen, tell us about her. We barely had time to learn anything about Faust before she showed up. It would be nice to be prepared, right?" She looked up at her face. "Is she as destructive as Faust? Does she like to bite people, too? Can she change clothes with magic?"

Honey smiled down at Charity, gently stroking her hair as she rested her head in her lap. There was something so comforting about Charity's simple contentment just to be in her company. It made Honey feel so relaxed. So safe. She didn't need to put on an act to impress her, she could just be herself and Charity was happy with that. It was so comforting. A feeling that Honey hoped would never go away.

"Im so glad you could come with us! How'd you get Zilvra to give you the time off?"

"Oh, I just told her I had a job prospect," Honey explained. "High profile client. I'll have to pick up some work while we're away... That or just mix together some purple make up, cover myself in fake bruises and say I was robbed by bandits on the way home. Don't you worry yourself, sweetpea, I'll think of something. Regardless, I desperately needed a break. Just to be somewhere other than the dank, depressing Shallows for a few nights. It'd be nice to actually see the sun for once. Honestly, I think a little trip will do me a whole world of good... Especially with you three lovely ladies," she complimented the group as a whole. Much as she'd like to lean down to kiss Charity right now, she was trying to leave a positive impression on Gwen. She doubted that Eilerias would mind at all, but Gwen was Charity's mother, and of course the woman understood perfectly well that Honey was not even close to being good enough for her daughter. Honey knew that too, so she would attempt to act perfectly polite and proper while in Gwen's presence, and not say or do anything that may offend her.

"Urchin's a sweetie, isn't he!" She smiled warmly. "I don't know how he always knows exactly what I need. Teas, candies, strange combinations of foods I dreamt of. He must be psychic or something."

"Oh, he's a little sweet potato pie," Honey easily agreed. "I think those are boiled sweets, supposed to help with nausea. Are you still feeling nauseous at all, love?" she asked Eilerias with concern. "Hopefully this trip and the fresh air will do you a world of good. Just put your feet up and relax while you're away. You know, we should get you a little bell. If you feel ill or need anything at all, you can just ring it and me and Charity will come running." While Honey was doing her best to be positive, she was actually quite worried about Eilerias's pregnancy. Luckily, thanks to Zilvra's magic, she and the other girls that worked the Shallows didn't need to worry about unwanted pregnancies, but from what she understood, morning sickness should only last for a few weeks. Poor Eilerias seemed to be going through a particularly difficult pregnancy, and Honey was rather concerned for Eilerias's health. And at this rate, the child's too.

Gwen was uncomfortable with this entire affair. She sat in her usual attire. Robed and hooded.

She had not spoken to any of her daughters sense her meeting with Isak. She had Cleo pull Elirias away before her and Isak had begun speaking.

Only Gwen had left. She had said nothing to her daughter then.

As she had until now.

Two eyes glowed from the darkness the hood provided. Her blonde hair delicately braided.

The lightening softly crackling through her hair softly illuminating her hazy grey eyes like lightening crackling across the grey, dead clouds that hung above a battle torn forest of old.

Most of it focused directly on honey who sat across from her.

Another set of golden eyes would glimpse from the depths of her hair. A small creature that kept to itself and the shadows.

The idea that she was being dragged from her precious archives and her honor bound duties to Gilgamesh had left her...

“grumpy.” To say the least.

She had suggested to allow Heticate could come visit when she found time away from her school and her students.

Charity’s nature made this a simple impossibility. After her spat with Faust she had become hungry to meet and challenge every sister that held repute in her fathers family.

To meet them. Learn from them. Befriend them...and fight them. Heticate was another of the older sisters.

Charity being the youngest followed by Angelica, a couple of her stranger sisters and Faust, Heticate had been a young daughter of Gwens when Gwen and Gilgamesh were still a chaotic couple happily drowning in bloodshed and profits. While one of the strongest fighters Heticate abhorred violence in all forms.

She had become a master to teach and while a formidable foe she would often run when given the chance. Heticate attacked times and texts, techniques and magic she absorbed it and taught.

The school she presided over as head mistress and head educator was prestigious but open and kept very much to itself. The correct circles knew of its existence and those benefactors were more than enough to keep the school highly profitable and extremely productive.

It did not matter if you were an orphan from the slums, or the daughter of the highest nobility.

The skills and talents of its students were what admittance looked for. Young’s girls from all walks, taken, appraised, and educated for succession whatever field they were deemed best suited, most revived a normal education, but for those that rose above.

The cream that rose above the cream...

They received an education above the standards any mortal could...

”She’s a teacher, and a bit...obsessive..But she’s a good sort. Takes care of her students and produces what we require.” Gwen said somewhat awkwardly. Her family as it were was not something she was used to being asked about.

Describing her daughters like a doting mother was not something Gwen had ever even considered being forced to do. So her response came off a bit cold, and in all honesty a bit vague as well.

“We should be arriving in a few more minutes.” She said slightly pulling away from Elirias. The girl had been more clingy than usual. This wasn’t in and of itself a bad thing. Gwen loved Eli.

It was the change. Gwens hackles always raised at any change in anyone close to her. It meant unpredictability.

Was it a change for the better or worse? Both for them and for Gwen.

“She can do many things..” Gwen said still a bit awkward, but looking at Charity she smiled at the girls happiness.

The smile faded like a lit candle being extinguished as her eyes met Honeys. She indeed did not think her worthy of her daughter, and seemed to be saying exactly what honey was thinking with her actions and plain stare.

Soon the carriage would come to a halt. “Ah..” Gwen would say enjoying the chance to end the conversation. “We’re here.” She said with relief entering her neutral tone.

Last edited:
"Oh, he's a little sweet potato pie," Honey easily agreed. "I think those are boiled sweets, supposed to help with nausea. Are you still feeling nauseous at all, love?"

"It comes and goes, but thankfully its not as often anymore," Eilerias responded to Honey, "I was taken to some physician a while back and he said it was normal to still have morning sickness past three months but it should start getting better. I really hope he's right. Five months of this nonsense has already been too long. I wish it were over already, truly." She sighed quietly, looking back out the window as she clung to Gwen.

"The worst part is sleeping. I just find it hard to do even though I'm just...so tired. Isak said I had been talking in my sleep last time I was home, but I feel like I haven't slept in weeks." She rested her head on Gwen as she yawned, noticing the small pair of eyes peeking out from her hood.

"Hopefully this trip and the fresh air will do you a world of good. Just put your feet up and relax while you're away. You know, we should get you a little bell. If you feel ill or need anything at all, you can just ring it and me and Charity will come running."

"Thank you Honey, but I wouldn't want to miss out on anything! I spent quite a bit of time here over the past few months. My father lived here. His house is still perfectly preserved." She paused, preparing to overshare her previous experience in Fal'Addas. "Well, I suppose I was the one who did the preserving, considering the guards refused to set foot in there since a little incident which resulted in quite a few deaths...including his. Don't worry though, I'm not a bloodthirsty murderer. He was unkind to people and tried to kill me more than once, so I think it was within my rights to stop that devil of a nobleman before more people could be hurt."

She let out a little laugh. "It really is a beautiful place and you can't even tell there was so much blood caked in the floors. I'll have to take you guys there." She looked at Charity. "You're free to take whatever gold or jewels you find as long as you don't take my mother's locket or ring. Oh! Gwen, he's got tons of books in his library. He wrote a lot of them himself...things about shadow magic and necromancy, and all sorts! I know you like books, so you can take whatever you fancy."

“We should be arriving in a few more minutes.” She said slightly pulling away from Elirias. The girl had been more clingy than usual. This wasn’t in and of itself a bad thing. Gwen loved Eli.

Eilerias felt Gwen pull away and reluctantly let go of her arm, moving away to give her space. "Are we really that close?" She peered out the window both to admire the familiar scene of Fal'Addas and hide the disappointment on her face as Gwen continued to speak.

Perhaps it was the absence of her fiancé's presence or the constant flirtation between the two women sitting across from her. She felt lonely for the first time since joining the Cherry Rose.

Soon the carriage would come to a halt. “Ah..” Gwen would say enjoying the chance to end the conversation. “We’re here.” She said with relief entering her neutral tone.

"Finally." She huffed as the carriage stopped. She allowed the others to exit first before following suit, taking a deep breath of the fresh forest air. She glanced around, smiling softly as enjoyed the scene. "Welcome to Fal'Addas!" She said, her voice much more cheerful. "So...what are we doing first? Is now an appropriate time to meet Heticate or should we find other means of entertainment?"

"Oh, I just told her I had a job prospect," Honey explained. "High profile client. I'll have to pick up some work while we're away... That or just mix together some purple make up, cover myself in fake bruises and say I was robbed by bandits on the way home. Don't you worry yourself, sweetpea, I'll think of something.
"A job prospect eh?" Charity asked sitting up. "Well if ya need a "client" you know where to find me!" She had mischievous grin on her lips as she gently turned Honey's face and kissed her. Charity could feel Gwen's disapproving glare boring into her but she didn't care. She knew her mother wasn't too happy about her relationship with Honey, and she had promised Honey that she would try to behave herself. But Charity could only behave for so long. And besides, what fun was it to behave when there so so many little chances to sow chaos?

She reluctantly pulled away from the kiss, knowing better than to try anything too intimate with Honey around her mother, and settled with just holding Honey's hand.

”She’s a teacher, and a bit...obsessive..But she’s a good sort. Takes care of her students and produces what we require.”
"A... Teacher?" Charity repeated disappointedly. "And Faust was an innkeeper... Do all my sisters have such normal jobs? Aren't any of them like, I don't know... Spies? Assassins? Pirates? Badass warriors?" Charity sat back in her seat pouting. "Next you're gonna tell me one of 'ems a nun!" she spat. "Cate better not be one of those strict uptight teachers! They're the worst!"

"You're free to take whatever gold or jewels you find as long as you don't take my mother's locket or ring.
Charity's expression quickly cleared as Eilerias told her about her father's house. "HELL YEAH!" Charity cheered, and began yanking empty pouches out of her pack counting as she went. She had planned on acquiring a large share of loot while she was there, but Charity was shocked that somebody would tell her where it was and let her have as much as she wanted.

Welcome to Fal'Addas!" She said, her voice much more cheerful. "So...what are we doing first? Is now an appropriate time to meet Heticate or should we find other means of entertainment?"
Charity helped Honey out of the carriage and looked around at her surroundings with awe. She had never seen such a beautiful place before. Everything looked like it had been built and crafted with such care. Of course as Charity was looking around, she was making a mental note of the locations of all the shops and merchant stands.

"I dunno about you guys but I'm starving and could use a drink..." Charity yawned. "Hey Mother, did Cate give you a certain time to meet her? If its not gonna be for a while, I'm sure I could find a way to entertain myself!" she quipped with a wicked grin. "Oh! Actually let's find somebody to give us a tour! I wanna see more of the city!"

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
  • Bless
Reactions: Honey and Eilerias
The lightening softly crackling through her hair softly illuminating her hazy grey eyes like lightening crackling across the grey, dead clouds that hung above a battle torn forest of old.

Most of it focused directly on honey who sat across from her.

Damn. Describing Gwen's gaze as piercing would be an understatement. She was practically glaring daggers at her. She kept trying and trying to make a good impression but it was utterly useless. Gwen hated hair. Damn it, was there nothing at all that she could do right? Was it because she was stroking Charity's hair? Should she stop? No, probably not. It wouldn't make much difference, and Charity might suddenly wonder why Honey wasn't showing affection anymore. While Honey was extremely aware of Gwen's dislike for her, Charity seemed completely oblivious. Either that or she simply didn't care. Of course, Charity knew something Honey didn't. Honey was seriously overestimating how much Gwen disliked her. If she REALLY hated her. Well... Honey would most likely be dead.

”She’s a teacher, and a bit...obsessive..But she’s a good sort. Takes care of her students and produces what we require.”

"You've got such an interesting family," Honey complimented Gwen in an attempt to break the tension. "So many daughters and all so completely unique. Much as I love both Charity and Eilerias, the pair of you are like chalk and cheese. I can hardly imagine two people so different. I'm really interested to see what Heticate is like... But a teacher? You must be so proud. Such a fulfilling job. I'd love to be a teacher. Not that I'd be any good at it though. I'm great with children, I just don't really have anything substantial to teach... Music, maybe." Well, she did have her own particular skill sets, but that wasn't exactly something she'd like to be educating children in.

Five months of this nonsense has already been too long. I wish it were over already, truly."

"Well, the worst part is over," Honey tried to reassure her. "Now the sickness should start to pass and the kicking begins. I've heard it's amazing when mother's feel their babies kick for the first time. And you get to start choosing names and getting the nursery ready. Do you and Isak have any names in mind? What are you hoping for? A boy or a girl?" Of course, Honey was currently unaware of any trouble between Eilerias and Isak, and as far as she knew, these were both two blissfully happy parents, eagerly awaiting the birth of their first child. If she'd know how complicated everything truly was... Well, perhaps she would've chosen her words a bit more carefully.

"The worst part is sleeping. I just find it hard to do even though I'm just...so tired. Isak said I had been talking in my sleep last time I was home, but I feel like I haven't slept in weeks."

"That must be hard," Honey agreed easily. "Lack of sleep can be really frustrating. I know. You're really tired all the time and it can make you really absentminded and forgetful... I have a few home remedies that you can try if you like. Have you tried a little lavender in your pillow. The scent can be really relaxing."

Well, I suppose I was the one who did the preserving, considering the guards refused to set foot in there since a little incident which resulted in quite a few deaths...including his. Don't worry though, I'm not a bloodthirsty murderer. He was unkind to people and tried to kill me more than once, so I think it was within my rights to stop that devil of a nobleman before more people could be hurt."

"I... Oh..." was all Honey could think to reply. In a matter of seconds she had gone from planning on asking Eilerias more about her father, to offering her condolences on his death, to having no idea what to say whatsoever. "I'm so sorry, I had no idea. I can't imagine... I mean, you're just such a kind and loving person, I just assumed your family were... I'm really sorry that happened to you Eile. I can't understand why anyone would want to hurt you." Damn, Honey was learning a lot today.

"A job prospect eh?" Charity asked sitting up. "Well if ya need a "client" you know where to find me!"

Honey raised her eyebrows in annoyance at Charity's comment. She shouldn't be making jokes like that around her mother! What if Gwen figured out what she did for a living? ... Little did Honey though that Gwen almost certainly already knew what she did for a living and trying to hide it was both pointless and ridiculous. When Charity moved in to kiss her though, Honey froze on the spot. She didn't pull away, but she didn't exactly return the kiss either. Honestly, was the kiss really necessary when Gwen had been glaring across the carriage at her throughout the entire journey? Could Charity not wait a few more minutes until they had a little privacy? Well, at least they were here now. Now Honey at least had enough space to avoid eye contact with Gwen and simply feel her scowling eyes burning holes into the back of her head instead of having to look at them.
Do all my sisters have such normal jobs? Aren't any of them like, I don't know... Spies? Assassins? Pirates? Badass warriors?" Charity sat back in her seat pouting. "Next you're gonna tell me one of 'ems a nun!"

"Well, isn't Eilerias practically a nun? And the two of you get along just fine," Honey pointed out... Of course, Eilerias might be a little less chaste than your average nun, but she had the religious side of it down at least.

When the carriage finally stopped, Honey was extremely grateful for Charity's help getting out of the carriage. She was always extremely clumsy when it came to heights, so having a confident woman like Charity to take her hand was a great help. As soon as her feet touched the floor though, she was completely overwhelmed by the city that surrounded her. "Oh Gods above Charity, it's beautiful!" Honey gasped, doing a little twirl to take in all the beautiful scenery. "I bet even the merchant council doesn't get a view like this!" And with that, she excitedly clasped Charity's hand in hers and the pair took a better look around.

"Oh! Actually let's find somebody to give us a tour! I wanna see more of the city!"

"Oh yes, let's explore!" Honey quickly agreed. "I want to see everything!"