Private Tales A Bounty of Opportunity

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"If it will make you feel better then you can slap me once we are free of the guards. Until then do not act like the woman you are but the one they want you to be. Not a strong, intelligent woman but a submissive, witless wench they can squeeze and harass as much as they like. Suffer the shame for now and make your brother pay for it tenfold later on. Your pride is not worth both our lives."

Valerie heard Acteon's last comment before leaving the room and nodded as he was right about one thing. Her pride sometimes got in the way of her Intelligent, something she was surely working on. As they left the room together, she felt Acteon draw close and she drew closer, letting him block her intelligently so that the guards wouldn't be able to clearly make out who she was. She may have dressed like a commoner and dyed her hair but her skin would always be as fair as royalty for she was bound by blood.

Valerie leaned into the bar maiden character she was when she first might Acteon, giving a peck on Acteon's cheek as he played the overconfident sellsword. But upon hearing the comment about her body, Valerie ball her hand into a fist a violent nature was ready to spew out of her but something stopped her and she released her fisted hands. Temper and a killing spree would only be a way to draw more unwanted attention, so she would let the comment be made keeping a mental note of what signate ring the guardsmen wore.

All guard's men wore some sort of signate ring which showed their rank, and the signate of the guard which made the comment about the fugitive Valerie was of a high rank but not high enough to work closely with her brother.

"Never forget it. She took it all and kept asking for more! Doubt anyone got any sleep from all our noise!"

Upon hearing Acteon's confident answer, Valerie held back a laugh as what he said was probably true for It wasn't uncommon for a bar-maiden to sleep with a customer. She didn't really have a reason for sleeping with Acteon, only that he was the first man to keep up with her firey banter and he found interest in a woman leading a rebellion against her family. Things that she found attractive in any man.

"If you do not want that man to die you better stop me because next time I see him I will kill him. Looking at you like that and having the gall to comment about it after."

"oh come on, It just one little comment but I'm never opposed to seeing you in action. Didn't think you would care if another man looked at me like that but then again you did give me your expectation about what you wanted our little relationship to look like. Possessiveness is just one of the traits that you possess." Valerie whispered back as she thought it quite funny seeing Acteon frustrated about something that was said to her.

Again, she had been a bar maiden for a long time and was used to men making comments about her beauty, She found the attention quite nice at times, and at other times, she found it annoying.

Valerie came to a halt as they reach the very back part of the tavern which held a bookcase on one side of the wall while the other sides of the wall were decorated with bar decoration and candle lampost hanging on the very back wall. It was a dead-end of course and the guards had sniffed around there but none of them could solve the puzzle of the mysterious dead end. Valerie turned to Acteon and pulled him close letting his body pinned her to the very back wall. She then reached her hand upward toward the candle lampost and turned it on its side revealing that it was actually a lever hidden in plain sight. The bookshelf silent slide up and without another moment to they moved the secret passageway. Valerie slid the bookshelf closed and the candle lampost turn back into its original place.

The passage was dimly light as lamplight had been placed to light the path. "Works like a charm..." Valerie said before leading the way through the passage. It contained a lot of stuff about the kingdom and study books about battles. All things her brother had probably read as did she. One thing that would probably catch Acteon's sharp eye was the herbs and medicine Valerie kept down there. It was all made by her. "before you asked, yes... I use to study herbs and medicine when I use to be a bar maiden." Valerie said not really wanting to talk about the reason why she dabbles in such things but knew it would surface later on.

"my mother... before marrying my father and becoming Queen... use to practice the art of a thing they call... scienec. I wanted to be just like her, it was one of the only connections I had of her... the books she left behind were one of the greatest things I've ever read. But like many of my tales, once my brother came into contact with his power... he turned the people against my mother and had her hanged right in front of me. I could remember it so clear. Her clothing had been torn, her hair a mess but her eyes were soft and her smile as she looked at me for the last time...." Valerie stopped herself. It had seemed that even though she didn't want to admit it. Like every warrior, she had trauma.

After the little scene with the far too casual guard, the rest seemed to stop paying attention to them and focused on their current task. An outcome that Acteon appreciated. He did not want to have to keep track of more men to kill because they thought they could do something with his lover.

Where she ultimately led him was to a dead end hallway with a bookshelf. His suspicions rose upon seeing it. Not uncommon for those using secret passages to hide them at the end of hallways with a full shelf of anything. Once it had been bottles of cheap wine and another time bags of beans that a criminal used to hide their secret exit or hideaway with when he was a guard. She had picked a classier look and one that was more likely to discourage much traffic. Most commoners had little interest in random books when they knew how to read and write.

He used his body yet again to block the view of her. No doubt any passer by would just assume they were being naughty in an out of the way place because the guards were kicking in doors and going through rooms. The entrance opened and they slipped in when no one was watching them. Acteon had made sure of that by listening for any footsteps or breathing and any scents that might give someone away.

After the passage was hidden and secured once more, they began to head down it. The sights on this side surprised the Allirian a bit. Books, tomes, and scrolls were everywhere along with an alchemist's workshop. Was she creating poisons down here to use on her brother?

Valerie answered his unspoken question. The purpose of the items before she regained her memories was known to him. No need to bring up what was obviously a touchy subject for her. The purpose after was more in a self educating, academic sort of way. He could understand the desire to keep informed on such subjects. A person in a position of authority, power, or wealth always needed to keep their edge over others and knowledge was key to that.

When she stopped, Acteon came up behind her. His arms were wrapped around her and a soft kiss placed on the top of her head. No words for now. No need for them. She would speak when she wished and he had already done enough to piss her off for now. Best to just play the supportive lover she no doubt wanted.

He gave her some time. Moments. Minutes. He did not track any of it. He just waited until it felt as if she was ready to be spoken to again.

"Your mother was a scholar. Not a strange thing. We have all sorts of them in Alliria. Our college teaches and trains them. They work after graduation in workshops to produce all sorts of products, such as paints and adhesives. Vital to the economy. But they have other names for their craft than science. Alchemy. Herbalism. Healers. Your workshop here reminds me of an alchemy workshop. Perhaps once you are on the throne you can invite scholars in and have them teach you and your subjects about their crafts?"

Valerie areis Lenaeris

"Your mother was a scholar. Not a strange thing. We have all sorts of them in Alliria. Our college teaches and trains them. They work after graduation in workshops to produce all sorts of products, such as paints and adhesives. Vital to the economy. But they have other names for their craft than science. Alchemy. Herbalism. Healers. Your workshop here reminds me of an alchemy workshop. Perhaps once you are on the throne you can invite scholars in and have them teach you and your subjects about their crafts?"

"Science is just the general name that I use to name Alchemist, Herbalist, and Healers. I wouldn't be opposed to scholars in Valoria, but right now let's focus on the war at hand." Val said as she accepted Acteon's hug but not even a hug could get rid of all the things that had happened to her or the things that she had seen. "We should get moving, I highly doubt staying down here can be any safer than staying in the tavern room." Valerie said pulling away from Acteon's grasp as she had enough of hugging, wasn't her favorite thing to do.

Valerie grabbed a big leather sack and stuff most of all her important bottles of posions and things around that nature inside, gathering all of her mother's books and notes as well. Val wasn't going to take a chance of her brother gaining more of an upper hand. "Alright... let's go..." Valerie said as she started for the exit of the passage. It was far but it would get them out of Valoria's city walls and closer to Valerie's main fortress Dag. "This passage was built before my time working here. White winter tavern is a well known place, pulls in a lot of locals and a lot of money. I would have regret burning it down..." Valerie said making conversation as they walked.

"This passage can get use close to the Fortress of Dag. That's where the savages live... and where I make most of my commands. Once I become Queen, I promised the Savages that I would represent them and make them a part of Valoria once more." Valerie explained as their was a lot of history and alliance to go through but she would only bring it up as time would call for it.

"So your not just making an alliance with me but all of Valoria. Dags included."

They would walk the stone tunnel a little more before a lit gated door could be seen. It was still the early morning but the sun was out letting it golden rays touch everything it could touch.

So the hug did not go over very well. Valerie might have accepted it (for a moment), but Acteon could tell how little she enjoyed or wanted it. He would have to figure out some other way to comfort her next time, if he even attempted it at all. Certainly she declared herself his lover but she refused to actually bend in her own rigid need to push others away. He was fine with her continuing that. Just meant he had less to worry about with someone else trying to take advantage of her emotionally.

He helped her gather up all of her things and put them away in his own bag or carried her bags. The brunt of the weight he took on himself. There was the whole expected duties of the man aspect, but mostly he knew how much stronger his body was than her own. No human could hope to match him physically after all. It would take a komodi or an orc.

As they left to continue down the passageway, she began to speak on these other people she called savages. Seemed odd how her name for them and the duty to them she seemed to feel did not match up. Was it some inherent view of supremacy over them that she was unaware of as the cause or perhaps one inherent in her human subjects? Hard to say. He knew little of the local culture.

At the end of the passage and her speaking, Acteon decided it was time for him to voice his own end of things.

"I do not know these Savages and I do not care to know them. My alliance is with you. If your actions are in their best interest and our alliance benefits them then that is excellent. But if something should happen to you then I will have obligation to them. They can seek me out for an alliance with them directly if they wish. I am not opposed, but I will hold no loyalty to them just because I do for you. I will not be their enemy either unless they make me one."

He would not bow down to her. She might be a Queen with her own duties and obligations, but he was a man with his own separate from her. His family took priority over everyone and everything else. He would sacrifice his entire homeland if the choice was between his family and his people. Not an altruistic line of thinking, but rarely was anyone's. To expect anything less than selfishness and self centered beliefs from others was foolhardy.

Valerie areis Lenaeris

"I do not know these Savages and I do not care to know them. My alliance is with you. If your actions are in their best interest and our alliance benefits them then that is excellent. But if something should happen to you then I will have obligation to them. They can seek me out for an alliance with them directly if they wish. I am not opposed, but I will hold no loyalty to them just because I do for you. I will not be their enemy either unless they make me one."

"Even though I'm Queen, once I lead my people to freedom... the savages, although part of Valoria... will be their own section. I will not make decisions for them, only the decisions that affect all of valoria. The savages won't know this until it's too late but after the war, everything that the dragon-borns think they are going to control, the weapons... their armies that I help built will cease to exist under the power, but only to be under my control. Knowing how they operate, they could turn on valoria and try to conquer it with force but I won't allow that. I don't want another war, so I will end that war before it can even begin. It's like chess... a queen can move all around the born but I never underestimate the power of a pawn." Valerie explained as they finally reached the gate.

She wouldn't care if Acteon had changed his opinion on her, she would think that if he was in her position he would do the same thing. Had he not already? Valerie didn't know his sub-plans but she had felt that him wanting her to claim him as her lover, even go as far as to maybe marry him one day wasn't just about love. There had to be more, something more that he wanted... How did she know this? Valerie saw her own ambition in him. Just like she wanted what she wanted, Acteon's fell somewhere along that line.

Valerie walked a second listening for anything that could alert her of an ambush and when she found nothing alarming, she open the gate stepping out into the fresh air. She closed the gate behind her once Acteon had followed her out and then she kicked until the latch of the gate bent so that it could not be open from the outside or the inside. "We can fix that later but I want to put as many obstacles in front of my brother as I can," Val explained before turning and scouting the open plains. Valerie step forward once more letting the sun hit her raven hair and light complexion, she closed her eyes and let her sense's come to her. This was her way of getting the direction to the fortress, simple by what was in the air. Her senses were stronger than a wolf... as strong as a dragon.

• Sip
Reactions: Acteon Cass
As the throneless Queen spoke the more he came to understand her plans. These Savages she mentioned were just a tool to help her gain what she was owed. Their thoughts of the future were not her own, but she was willing to let them think it until it was too late for them. It was something he himself would do. But he wondered what it would cost her. Perhaps there would be more uses for them after it was all over?

At the end of the tunnel he did not question her breaking the lever. Yet again an action he would have taken as well. No need to explain, yet she felt the need to. Why? Was she feeling insecure after his earlier talk about the Savages and who his alliance would be with? Seemed unlikely but was possible. The woman held her inner emotions and thoughts tightly hidden. It was different than his own use of social masks. She let most of her feelings show so far, but the deep ones were not. It might prove an issue.

"Tell me more about yourself. More about your plans, if you feel safe to do so. Your brother seems to have gained an advantage, for now. How will you counter and seize the momentum from him?"

Acteon wanted to get her speaking again. The more he knew the more he could help. The more he helped the sooner he put her firm rear back on the throne and she could provide the aid he would need with his own plans. But even if it all fell through for her, he had at least gained something in this land.

His gaze settled upon Valerie. A predatory smile crossed his lips. A look of satisfaction and desire came over his eyes.

Yes. He had gained plenty already.

Valerie areis Lenaeris

After feeling for the fortress with her incredible senses, she heard the dulcet tones of Acteon once more.

"Tell me more about yourself. More about your plans, if you feel safe to do so. Your brother seems to have gained an advantage, for now. How will you counter and seize the momentum from him?"

"Common request. Many people want to know me and what I'm thinking but I'm not that simple and even though I have shared a lot, sometimes things are harder to share than others." Valerie replied as faced the direction they needed to head for. "As for my plans... How I will counter... I think we already have discussed some of that early before the ambush at the tavern. We were going to sneak around the palace and gather information on Ali and his stronghold but why go for his information when I can take the bull by its horns and hunt Ali myself. I haven't hunted a warlock but there is a first time for everything." She said letting Acteon in on her new thought process.

If she could find Ali and capture him, She could easily gain a bigger upper hand on her brother than he had on her. Valerie would probably torture Ali before killing him because she wanted to break him like he had broken her and her family. Then she would send Ali's body back to her tyrannical brother and War would break loose. It was like Valerie had said early, She might be a queen but she would never underestimate a pawn, Ali was a pawn and one that she would have to remove in order to checkmate the king.

Ulric's punishment would be fitting and would be brutal and just like he had made poor Valerie watch her parent's brutal fate, She would watch his come to pass but her mind needed to remain focus on the goal at hand.

"If we capture Ali and brutal kill him, that levels out the plane field. You were wondering why I haven't used my dragon, well... Ali is the main problem. His magic is strong enough to turn my own dragon against me. I've seen it with my own eyes. Of course, fire can't hurt me but it took me a long time getting my little beast to calm down before it could go on a rampage and destroy everything I'm fighting to gain back. I keep Selfire locked up for good reason. He's a danger and although I want to let him free... the world would look for ways to shoot him down." Valerie explained as they would walk along the now dirt path leading to the lands of Dag.

Off the path-side was the woodland. Valerie knew a couple of villages could be found in the wood parts but she didn't bother them as they had never sought out help from the kingdom. The villages even though under her rule, remained independent and Valerie would allow that as long as they didn't cause a fuss.

• Popcorn
The way Valerie answered Acteon made him wonder if she was trying to stay mysterious for him. She was young after all and that was a common trait people tended to be attracted to. It would only make sense if she was trying to seduce him or keep him interested then she would want to keep that mystery as long as possible. Personally he did not care if someone was mysterious or not as far as attraction went. His attraction was more to her appearance and their shared ambitions. Getting to know more about her would make their interactions together smoother and more pleasant.

What did fully catch his attention was how she planned to directly go after this warlock and kill him. An assassination attempt made personally. Very interesting. So she was the type to do such acts herself. The follow up mention of brutally killing him let him know all he needed on what her exact desire for doing it personally was: vengeance. An attractive act but perhaps not the best state to be in when dealing with a dangerous prey. She could end up killed or captured if she did not end the man right away.

The dragon was mentioned again. He still had doubts about her claim. Perhaps some draconic creature that was able to breath fire but not a true dragon. He had met one of those once and heard plenty of stories about what others had done. No one would be able to control such beings anymore than they could control a god.

But she mentioned being immune to fire. That was something he could believe. He looked over at her and studied her once more. Such a short woman full of vanity and pride. Perhaps she was as much made of fire as the flames of a hearth? She certainly held the passion and temper to be.

"So we are going to assassinate this Ali person then. Something I can help you with. Try not to let your emotions cause you to slip. I would rather you stay alive and in perfect condition for me. I am growing fonder of you as time passes."

The Allirian would smile to her. It was not a lie. He certainly was enjoying her company more as they went along and anything happening to her would put a damper on his plans. Flames could consume their fuel too quickly and kill themselves off if they burned too hot after all.

"As for you telling me more about yourself, I was never asking for anything deep. Your favorite foods. Your favorite colors. What clothes you enjoy best. Such things are as welcome. Be hard to buy you a gift not knowing your tastes even if I know your deepest truths."

Valerie areis Lenaeris

"So we are going to assassinate this Ali person then. Something I can help you with. Try not to let your emotions cause you to slip. I would rather you stay alive and in perfect condition for me. I am growing fonder of you as time passes."

Valerie simply laughed at the Allirian's concern. The traveler was right to give his advice but Valerie already knew that emotions would be the downfall of her vegence. Time and patience would be the key to such a plan, it was the reason why she was leading Acteon into hiding because it would force her brother to continue on with his plan, thinking that he had won the battle when in reality he had lost the war. Like a firey dragon, Valerie would rise again and this time, no one who went against her name, her throne would be able to protect themselves from her brutal wrath. She was the blood warrior, a dragon heart, Val was the Red Queen of Valoria, who wanted what she wanted and didn't let anything get in her way... not even if it was love. because even love was something she thought would need to be conquered.

"I'm not a man with heavy testosterone. I will wait and let my brother think he has one and when all is said in done... I will start taking his chess pieces off the board one by one." Valerie said as if making an unbreakable vow to herself and those who would hold a spot in her future.

"As for you telling me more about yourself, I was never asking for anything deep. Your favorite foods. Your favorite colors. What clothes you enjoy best. Such things are as welcome. Be hard to buy you a gift not knowing your tastes even if I know your deepest truths."

"but in the end result, you do want to get to know me on a deeper level. It might be the basic questions at the beginning but it always ends up being some deep truth. I neither care for those things either because they distract me from my one goal in life, so if you have deep questions ask away. I will reply truthfully. but if you ask your questions, I'm entitled to mine."

There the negotiator was, always making some sort of deal... it was her specialty.

"By me a gift? You make me laugh. I need no gift other than the head of my brother and his loyal companions." Valerie said, presenting her side of things and how she viewed them.

• Sip
That seriousness and ambition never once left the woman. Truly she was a former royal. All of royal blood he had met were like that in one way or another. They took themselves very seriously and had some kind of grand plan to be put into motion. Not all of them involved war or violence, but the scope was always there. This woman who had agreed to become his lover was no different. He would need to be careful around her or there might be trouble if her pride was injured.

But that was a minor detail. Simply a trait amongst those born into power. One he understood and certain shared a bit of himself. His father had seen the worse parts of it tempered however by disowning him for a time and forcing him to earn his own place. So while he still had his grand ambitions as well, he knew he was earning it as well as being due any power he obtained in the future.

She was going through a similar journey. Perhaps a better fit than he first knew.

That smile was still on his face. "Would your brother's head not be more of a tribute and less of gift, my Queen?"

A predatory gleam came over his eyes. His smile more of a self assured smirk. The comment was set up like a tease but the look on his face as he said it spoke more seriousness than humor.

"For your information for information offer, I will accept it."

His gaze fully went onto her. She had all of his attention and focus now.

"What were you doing in that tavern working as a wench? I imagine your-" His eyes not so subtly drifted up and down her feminine figure. "-talents in the bedroom are no coincidence. Might they be connected?"

He cared little what the actual answer was and if his assumption was correct. Her blood was royal and the moment her firm ass was on the throne there would be no questions on her activities while off it. Even if someone did ask he planned to silence it himself. Not as if an Allirian was all that concerned with titles of nobility and past acts. All that mattered was what was true now in the moment of today.

Valerie areis Lenaeris

"Would your brother's head not be more of a tribute and less of gift, my Queen?"

"That is correct but it would make me the happiest in the world to see the color drain from my brother's face as I plunge my dagger into his throat. My revenge means more to me than again in the world but sometimes I feel that when that glorious day comes and I stand face to face with him... I won't be able to do it because what I really seek is answers. Answers to all my brother's madness before I go and execute or torture him." Valerie said being honest with herself.

She had imagined that day repeatedly and every time she did, different outcomes would form in her head. Valerie truly did not know what the future held and she didn't want to know. If fate called for her to die, she would die leaving an everlasting scar on her brother's mind and If fate gave her a chance to kill him... she would take the opportunity with joy in her cold heart. An eye for an Eye was what they called it.

The conversation went on until it seamlessly found its way to why she was a bar maiden.

"What were you doing in that tavern working as a wench? I imagine your- talents in the bedroom are no coincidence. Might they be connected?"

"I told you a little about my past last night during pillow talk... some of it might have left your mind but I will refresh your memory."

Valerie paused for a moment and then continued on.

"I told you about the ball in which my brother interrupted with his bloody games. Slaughter many, including my parents but what I didn't tell you in detail, is how I got away from his madness. It was simply... I ran. I didn't stop running until I found myself outside the castle grounds. I had wandered into a dark forbidden forest and well, ball gowns aren't really made for running.

I can remember the sounds of guards chasing after me. Never once did I look back. I ran and ran until tripped... I guess and dashed my head against a stone. It's a bit blurry about what happened but I can remember walking up to the sounds of vultures circling ahead. Their dark eyes feasting upon my body but upon seeing me awake they fluttered away. Anyways, I remember sitting and looking around terrified of my surrounding. Not knowing where I was, How I go there, or even who I was.....

bashing your head against a stone can cause disruptions to the brain. Wasn't anything serious but I went a whole year or so without remembering a thing about my life. I was taken in by the owner of the bar and lived a simple quiet life until my memories returned naturally. The rest is well history." Valerie said quickly finishing out her monologue as a war camp and heavily armored fort could be seen in the distance.

The Allirian listened as she spoke. Certainly she did mention some of the points, but had left just as much out of it. Seemed the whole story was too full in her head to remember exactly which parts were shared. Or perhaps he had forgotten. There were other more perky things distracting him at the time. Usually he kept his eyes and ears open at all times but when his more primal side was let loose it was not uncommon for details to slip out of memory.

As she spoke however familiar sights began to appear. A war camp and a fort. If he was to bet then he would claim they belonged to her. No doubt he would soon be proven correct. Sure bets were boring, but when the risk of lose being their lives boring was best.

As they drew ever closer, he decided to shift the subject. More on her history could come later. He was not going to be leaving her side any time soon so there would be plenty of chances.

"So what will you be telling your people about me? I imagine calling me your lover would not go over well. Your new guard or adviser perhaps? Although you could also tell the truth and tell them I came to this land because of the bounty on your head."

His eyes drifted to her own.

"So many opinions for you dear."

Valerie areis Lenaeris

"So what will you be telling your people about me? I imagine calling me your lover would not go over well. Your new guard or adviser perhaps? Although you could also tell the truth and tell them I came to this land because of the bounty on your head."

"Savages are a different kind of breed. They would know in an instant if I were to lie to them, and I gave a promise I wouldn't. I will keep your name true, Acteon the Traveler and my lover is what they will know you as. They will not like you at first and will put you through many hard tests but I went through their silly test and passed. SO I think you can do it too!" Valerie explained as she wasn't scared to let anyone know they were in love. She would break a lot of hearts, as many savage men had fallen for her beauty but she didn't care.

After a few more moments of walking, they had made it to the entrance of the camp, and brute avage guards approach them. They had many scars and were almost as big as an ogre, their faces hardened and eyes cold as steel. "Regina, quis hic est qui astat ad latus tuum?" One of the strong guards asked.

"Nomen Acteon est, Hospes voco. Ipse meus est amans et homo qui me adjuvet Fatum compleat. Nullius mali est aut nullius minae." Valerie answered as they would come to a stop. The guards give Acteon a brief look and then nod their heads. "how does little man plan to help us?" The other guard speak as the savages knew English but not perfect English. Their speech always made Valerie laugh, it had become a source of entertainment but she never judge them on it.

"you would be surprised by the things he can do. Also his not as stupid as other men in the world. He knows how to get us through the fire unburnt, just like me." Valerie explained and then the two guys look at Acteon and then at each other.

They laugh loudly as they didn't have faith in the little man, not yet. "Need I remind you, that you are in the presence of your queen? Hold your tongues still or I will cut them off..." Valerie said with a serious face which shut them up. They both nodded and they began to escort their queen and the little man to the war camp.

A brow was raised when she told him her plan. The truth would be told that they were lovers. Not the option he expected to be chosen. When it came to political affairs the truth rarely got you anything but trouble. Certainly being caught in a lie would be fatal, but one could avoid that outcome while there was no alternative with the truth. Yet she was choosing it. The troubles must not have been as dire from it as he thought.

What was concerning was the reaction of the guards once they came to the camp. They spoke in a language he was unfamiliar with (rarer than one might expect) and by the end of it took what was said rather comically. Laughter and questioning of his worth to them. She defended him, but it was not taken seriously. A dangerous reaction as already that temper of her's was flaring up.

A hand was placed on the small of her back. A little press to calm her and let him take control of the situation before it escalated in a direction he did not want. If it was to escalate, and it would, then it would be in his favor.

A smile on his face, Acteon stepped forward. In a tone all too calm, he spoke up.

"What can I do plan to help you? By teaching you simple fools how to properly wage and win a war. Teach you just what you are lacking. Teach you why it is best to hold your tongues than dare possibly insult me or my lovers."

Without warning in one swift motion his shortsword was drawn from its sheathe and buried deep into the neck of the guard who had dared question his value and laughed at Valerie's words. He threw his full inhuman force into the act which combined with the natural toughness of his victim's flesh saw the weapon snap after cutting clear through.

Acteon dropped the broken portion of the blade onto the ground. His words still as calm as before but with a twist of something bloodthirsty and sinister on the edge of it followed.

"In war never judge strength on appearances. Never let your guard down. Never assume you have the advantage. And never speak to your Queen with so little respect again or next time I will not be so merciful."

His attention was turned to Valerie. The look on his face softened to the point of lacking any of the earlier aggression and sinister tones. His arm was offered out to her.

"Shall we continue inside my love?"

Valerie areis Lenaeris

"Shall we continue inside my love?"

Wiping away the little blood splatter on her cheek, Valerie ignores Acteon's questions and squats down to the blood drain guard. Her face hardens, but her mind is calm. "Tutus egredere, et draco meus lapis animam tuam vindica." Valerie spoke softly before closing the dead guard's eyes. "I will make an annocument in honor of Lent..." Valerie spoke to the other guard.

"I need you to take Lent's body and move it too the burial site." Valerie instructed and the other guard heistated before moving at her command.

"let this be a lesson Acteon, you are tied to me. Every action you do I have deal with the result. When you are here in my camp, your weapons are to be steathe. ALWAYS.." Valerie commanded as she stood up and looked at Acteon. She loved Acteon but she also loved handle things herself.

"I have earned their trust, so please think before you do things..."

Without another moment she walked away from the bloody scene and started toward her own royal tent. Her advisor came up to her and Valerie whispered her commands. He nodded and rushed off.

"My maidens will take care of me and you. After I will need to introduce you to your new family, and then after that... you can get settled." Valerie Explained as everything seemed to move fast, with a great war coming up into place.

Acteon just watched as Valerie went about her business of addressing the fallen guard. Some sort of funeral was being established for them. What it could be was a mystery that he had little interest in leaning. Every place and people seemed to have drastically different ways of handling death. For him if the person was not his lover or family then his care would be rather lacking. A fact he never did speak out loud. People got touchy when someone died and it would do more harm to his reputation than any potential good.

Once she was done, he got a mini lecture. He just looked at her with no remorse in his eyes. "Understood."

Then the two of them were off to resume their business.

Eventually an advisor joined her and the pair whispered. If he was curious he could have overheard the conversation, but he did not take the time to do so. What was said would remain unknown for him. If it would involve him then she would have informed him. Best he be good for now and behave.

The advisor left and just as he suspected the important part concerning him was mentioned. Just letting him know they would be heading to her tent to be taken care of by her maidens. The word family was used and it got a brow raised.

"I take it I will be left alone for some time."

It was that last comment that got his attention for the question. She said you not we. Seemed she was not keen on involving him in certain affairs. Wise decision. Despite how close they had gotten, not that much time had past since they first met. Easier to know if you wanted to take someone to your bed than if you could trust them in that amount of time.

For now he just followed her lead.

Valerie areis Lenaeris