Kasim Areth

The Prodigal Son
Character Biography
Link
Hello Everyone!

With the new year here I thought this would be a good time to bring up something I and several others on Chronicles have done previously; 30 Day Projects.

Obviously it is a huge tradition around the world to create "New Years Resolutions". Unfortunately, at least in my experience, a lot of these resolutions tend to fall through for one reason or another. This is of course normal, but last year I stumbled upon a popular streamer by the name of Day9 who did this neat little thing with his community called the 30 Day Projects.

What are they?

These 30 Day Projects are just that, projects or goals small(or big) of things that we would like to accomplish.

These projects can be anything at all. A small sub-goal of a bigger project, the beginnings of a greater plan for the future, or even just reading a single book. Whatever you decide, the point is to make the greatest amount of progress you can without feeling like you’re overworked.

To give some examples; My Project last year was to write the first five chapters of my book. Someone else's was to do a drawing every single day, and still someone else challenged themselves to change their diet! The goals can be anything you want to achieve.

The idea is that with a group and an exact time-frame you are more likely to complete your project. The group is there to help you along with your project(whether by sharing their own goal or offering advice). It is also there for when you’re struggling, having an off day, or just not feeling it. The point of doing this in a group is that we can lean on each other and talk things over so we can try to encourage one another to complete our stated goals.

It is not a bad thing to adjust your goal or change it depending on what you are capable of doing. It is also not bad to ‘fall behind’, the point of this exercise is to try your best to achieve your goal, but not kill yourself trying to do it.

The end result will hopefully be achieving something you can at the very least be proud of.

Of course this is in no way mandatory, but I encourage everyone to join if they feel like it. Last year quite a few of the people who participated found that something good came of it, and I would love for more people on Chronicles to join in and find the same result.

I'm putting this up now because I want everyone to have a good chunk of time to think of a project for themselves and give time for others to join in. I'll also be listing the participants as well as the projects they choose to take on(If you'd rather I not list it but still want to participate just tell me to list it as private!)

Start Date:
February 1st
End Date:
March 1st

Participants & Projects:
Kasim Areth - I want to read and finish at least four new books over the course of the project and discuss them with someone who has also finished them. Will list books later.
Gunnar Bergstrom - I'd like to spend an 4 hours per week studying for my Microsoft Certifications
GingerFruit - I'm going to pack a lunch and do ten minutes of stretching.
Malachi - I will try and run twice a week at my work gym.
Kjaran Mak Aodha - I'll try to be more active climbing or running during placement. Also Drinking less? There was a lot of Irish slang in there.
Keiran MacArthur - My aim is to read eight books.
Netherworld - I want to paint every day, even if it's just an hour or so.
MadGeekGal - My goal is to at least start and finish two books that I have bought but not yet read.
Zepisys - My goal is to finish drawing and designing character and writing my own scifi fan story as well as finish coding my site :)

Last edited:
I'm going to pack a lunch and do ten minutes of stretching. The former because i'm always starving at work and resort to junk, and the latter to chase away the pains of an old injury.

Two small habits that'd ripple into good health!

I'll probably stall going on the lash for a wee while. Pinting's gas craic altogether but the wallet will be happy!

On the flip side of that I'll try to be more active climbing or running during placement. Last one all I wanted to do was get me head down once I was in the door. I am at the weekend but t'would be class to be out during the week as well. Weather be a bit more deascent come February as well so I'll have no excuse.

Good luck as well to the rest of ye with the plans made.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Kasim Areth
My goal is to finish drawing and designing character and writing my own scifi fan story as well as finish coding my site :)

Not a drop touched since December and while I've not been out everyday, I'm still far more active during this placement than I was the last. Only 7 weeks to go thanks be to God. Hope everyone else's projects are going grand.

Only got halfway through one book due to illness and corporate visits at work. Going to pick it up this month and see if I can finish.