Dreadlords Zeph's super mega awesome funtime party extro... extrava... shindig!

Threads open to all members of the Dreadlords group
With every sentence spoken Maseno felt his browline elevate. He was seeing a side of Thraah this evening he did not know existed though, he supposed, considering her nature he should not have been so surprised. The more time he spent with her, the more he was finding just how close to her magically attuned element she was.

It brought out a smile that was equal parts warm, amused, surprised, and curious. Might have even brought some color to his cheeks as he dropped his head over a soft chuckle to give himself a moment longer to puzzle out an appropriate response.

He knew what some of the male Initiates of their year might say to such obvious flirtations. Fire Kitten indeed.

"Well," Maz began as he looked back up at her, brightened, "you certainly have a way of cheering me whenever you are around."

"Forgive me, I do not often entertain the gossip vines, but is it true what I heard... that you punched Leander in the halls?"

• Dab
Reactions: Thraah
"Sure did!"
She swung at the air as if to demonstrate.
"But it wasn't in the Halls, we were on mission and he was being a dick, like, WAY more of a dick than usual."
She waited a whole second before adding.
"He keeps picking up girls, like physically. He just lifts em up and carries them like a sack of taters. What even is that?"
The laugh at the end of her statement ran the risk of running away into hysterics at the ridiculousness of it.
Wait... did Maseno say she cheered him up?
"Aheah!"
Her temperature rose to high levels and like Maz her own cheeks blushes at the realization.
*Fuck yeah!*

Maseno Luana

• Wonder
Reactions: Maseno Luana
Thraah's exuberance earned her a hearty laugh from Maz, one that carried like thunder in the distance.

"Picking them up?" he wondered, having never seen Leander do such a thing. Then again, he spent rather little time around the blond Initiate - their paths rarely crossed.

"That is a ... strange choice of habit." And a rude one for that matter if there was no necessary reason for him to be picking girls up to begin with. If they were injured, a bridal carry was far more safe and effective either way, but Maz had a difficult time picturing Leander acting with care towards anyone. The boy truly only seemed to care for his own reflection.

To each their own, he supposed.

"I suppose he will think twice now, hm?" his smile persisted in amusement now, envisioning the moment Thraah's fist connected with that lanky boy.

• Dab
If you told Thraah that she had single handed won the Anirball Cup she would not have looked more pleased with herself.

"Chyeah he will. Silk stocking full of shit that he is. You're worth ten, no a hundred fucking Leander's and I don't care who knows it!"
She really didn't. Thraah has a low opinion of wealth and the wealthy when she arrived at the academy but Maseno, Stormy, Liv and even Proctor Perrine had begun to change her mind about it. Oddly it just hyper focused her anger onto the ones who WERE assholes. As far as she was concerned they had no excuse. If Stormy could deal and still be a good person then anyone could.

• Cthuulove
He could not help but chuckle but he also would not openly agree to such a comparison.

"I should not want to be on your bad side ever, Thraah, so I will endeavor not to pick up any girls without first asking permission," his chuckling continued unabashed as the Initiate shook his head, "unless of course it is necessary or they are my wife."

In which case, he intended to fulfill every sweeping romantic gesture he knew, including those that required the actual sweeping-off-their-feet. For the wife, that was.

• Melting
It took all her willpower not to cry out permission, to blatantly insist nay demand that Maseno pick her up in his hunky toned arms this instant.
So instead she playfully shook her fist at him.

"Heh, you'd better!"

But he was talking about a wife.
A wife?

"Your wife? Wow Maz, you're thinking long term."

Unless...

"Hey, you're not like, already uh spoken for or anything right?"

Thraah has heard that some nobles get their marriages arranged by family. She supposed that it was possible that he was engaged. He was old enough right?
It got her thinking of her own family and she felt an impulse to tell him everything.

Maseno Luana

Last edited:
  • Bless
"Yes, I suppose I am."

Graduation was coming soon enough for the majority of his class peers, but Maseno's rise to ranking would occur a bit differently. He'd not be joining them for the newly arranged graduation courses. Either way, once he was a fully fledged Dreadlord his next major step was to find a wife and start a family. To fulfill his duty to his House would be priority, so that he might then turn to his duty to Vel Anir undistracted.

"No," Maz dismissed the query of betrothal away with a wave of a hand, "though that would be easier for certain, my eldest sister refuses to arrange a match. She insists I make my own choice."

A long and deep inhale was then followed by a heavy sigh, "So at some point I must be presented to Court and then begins the task..."

It was overwhelming to think of, and he'd faced far more difficult challenges more times than he could count as an Initiate.

• Frog Sweat
Ew.

"Ew, fuck Maz that's rough so... you gotta be presented like a stallion at market?"

The idea was weird and gross. Her folks had all married because they wanted to and no other reason. Perhaps worse was Maz casual take on it. He seemed resigned to the idea of loveless marriage. He even called it a task. As if it was some chore he was obligated to do.

"You don't have to right? I mean you can choose, your sister says so. Why not do that?"
Kicking her legs against the tombstone was more about keeping herself from fidgeting than anything else.
"It's what my folks did and my dad is married to two women so imagine how hard he's working."
Was that too much?
It felt like a lot but Thraah was a bit too tired and a bit too stoned to really care.
She felt the liberty of talking about something she wasn't really supposed to flush her system and her body temperature rose by a couple of degrees more.
If he asked now she knew she'd tell him everything but unlike Perrine it was not a fearful feeling that filled her, it was exciting. She knew he'd keep a secret.

He kept one already and it was a pretty big to her.

Maseno Luana