Private Tales Why start a war if not for love?

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Excitement and joy crashed down the bond at the faint brush of his mind to hers. There were flickers of images, thoughts, of a beautiful lake and flowers. There was not an ounce of fear and when she brushed across his worry she smoothed it with a mental embrace of love.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Lorcán
"I'm touched you care so much about my safety," Midir murmured with a slight smile before taking a sip of his wine. They both knew, of course, just how little that was true. He thought he might feel some kind of sadness or disappointment knowing that his son hated him so but he didn't. If anything there was a sense of pride. Only a person who truly hated him, who desired to end his life, could plunge the dagger into his heart and take the power that came with the Autumn crown. He had ever intention that fae was his son.

"I can only guess at the types of question they were asking Maeve, but I imagine they were about how the crown passes. it is a guarded secret and who better to know than the mate to the Prince," he grimaced even as he said it, the disgust for what they had done written plain on his face. "There is very little they can do to remove me from the board, but I don't know if my theory is right. These meetings are necessary so we can confirm it. Build a case... Lorcan if a war starts again with Summer this could go on for centuries. Think how many people - fae and not - that could die."

Lorcan cast his father a dark look. It wasn't the time for jokes.

Again he tensed at the sound of his mate's name falling from the Erlking's lips, and after a moment of regret and panic he was soothed by the gentle brush against his mind and calmed by the knowledge that she was safe..

I love you. The Prince sighed in his own mind, and his chest ached with the need to be closer to her.

He heard something about crowns and secrets, but he wasn't paying proper attention again until the mate of the Prince was mentioned and he straightened, letting out a sharp huff..

"I'm sure you realise how little I care about such things right now." he frowned. Yes, perhaps he was blinded by his rage, but it was like a physical force demanding that he right the wrong and return the balance by repaying the bastards ten-fold.

"Just as they cared not an ounce for such things when they tortured my Mate." he snarled and stood. "I'll wait, but not long, and not for you or them or whoever in fuck's name might die because of what they did, in a war that they started. But because I don't wish to spend the next few centuries fighting a fucking war." he growled. He wanted to spend it with Maeve, safe, happy..

"A week. That's my best offer." his gaze darkened as he looked down at his father. He wasn't entirely sure if his mind could wait even that long before instinct took over and drove him on a mindless hunt for Mercutio. His father had bore witness to such a thing himself enough times to know what would happen.

• Cthuulove
  • Sip
Reactions: Midir and Maeve
"A week," the Erlking repeated in agreement, the tingle of magic electrifying the air as the two fae made the pact. Even when it wasn't formal for two so powerful as themselves the universe seemed to decide it for them. The magic of their words less controllably than a woman's wrath. A week was more time than he had expected at the very least. Nairth would hear him out, he wouldn't take silence for an answer to his next letter.

"Very well," he stood and met his son squarely in the eye. "Perhaps when we next talk we can discuss the day of my visit," he inclined his head politely, the words very far from a suggestion. With those parting words the Erlking smiled that slow half smile then turned and made his way back to his studies.

He had a war to plan.

• Smug
Reactions: Lorcán