Fable - Ask Where demons smoke sinners

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

White Swallow

The White Swallow of Narra
Character Biography
Link
Belnegand, the tallest peak in view from Sey'Kube's mountainous vista, it certainly was not the tallest in Seret with some meagre 5 kilometres in height. However, it certainly was the tallest of the active volcanos.

Tipped in snow while the valley beneath blossomed in spring-blooms, it was an ideal time for a pilgrimage. To the top, not possible in a reasonable timeframe, but a small, natural shrine lie somewhere along its sloping girth.

The white swallow briefly sat down to rest his feet, taking in the time to enjoy the view over the green valleys in his most sincere admiration. Could he perhaps see Narra from here? No, not from this side.
If only he could stay here forever.
He could-​
But duty meant to often do things one's heart would not.
The White Swallow stood up and kept walking up, here on Belnegand where it was still green, covered in mountanous blossoms and swaying trees.

The bird watched the human as he hiked up the mountain. She was not a big bird, maybe male harpy eagle sized at most usually. Unless someone messes with her, then she will get bigger.

Anyways the phoenix flutters her wings and flies above the human by a good few hundred feet. It did not matter why he was here, this was her territory and her food source. She was not going to let him go by unchallenged.

Diving down the Phoenix hovers in front of the human and her voice echoed in the air,

"Why doth thou encroach on my territory?" The bird asks with a clam and smooth voice, one that echoed with the wisdom of the ages. She did not show as to her feelings and was, as of right now, neutral to this human.

• Yay
Reactions: White Swallow
For a brief moment, he stood still like a brass statue, then took one step back and three steps forward before gazing up to where a sudden flutter in the wind came from.
Against the glare of the sun, the fiery golden feathers of the bird were hard to see.
Only when she hovered before him would he finally see what it truly was.
A phoenix.

A being rarely seen, yet spoken frequently about. For a moment, the swallow had to consider wisely what to say.
»O great phoenix, rule you not the sky where no man can go? I am but a wanderer on a pilgrimage, not wishing to disturb your prey nor home.«

The phoenix examines the human as he called it great. She was but a simple bird of fire, only great thing about her was that she too would die but she would come back in her nest of cherry branches.

“There is nothing great about me human, I die just like you in the end.” She tells him snapping her beak a few times.

“What is the mission of your pilgrimage?” Zahra asks the human as she had no care in the groveling. She was more interested in this man’s mission.

• Yay
Reactions: White Swallow
» Greateness is not counted in how long one lives, is it not? We are born of dust and died as stone, born as beast and died as bone.«
He bowed, respectuflly.
»My goal is a pilgrimage to a holy site, one not marked by stone or wood.«

“One not marked by wood or stone?” The bird tilts its head then nods, “Who is your god human?” She asks the man. If it was that half giant running around claiming land through violence with his people claiming himself as a god even though in truth it was a mortal being she would smite him where he stood.

Such things annoyed the phoenix. Such ill manors and such kid-like actions. Attacking somewhere which did not want to give up their city to a foregin king? Such actions were reckless.

»Kalik, also known as Hushur, the sea and the sweet water. A deity to surpass all others. One that is beyond corporeal yet real, the one that is not knowing and not not knowing, the one who's true name and form is beyond our comprehension if such qualities even exist to him. One that does not blight the living with its own agendas and mirages. He, he who is the creator of all and everything. So to say, all others who praised as deities by us with little pwoer are too, mortal charlatans.« The White Swallow relaxed his shoulders, his hands moving to point at the mountain once more.

»Though perhaps my pilgrimage is mostly to my own solace, Kalik used to be praised by holy waters, and one of such is located on Belnegand.«

“How is he not not knowing?” The bird asks, “Yet not knowing at the same time?” She tilts her head with a wondering glow to her eyes. Then she shakes her head then moves to the side, “Very well it is obvious you mean no harm to my territory. But I do ask to accompany you. For I have not yet heard of such place before and wish to gaze upon on.”

The phoenix would fly up to the human so her fiery warmth was on him, but it did not get uncomfortable as she examines him once more before flying off to follow him by circling him.

The White Swallow was quiet for a moment, » It means that his perception of the world is beyond any our terms we may attribute to him, «
To be fairly precise, even he knew not precisely what it meant, but accepted the notion that it was beyond the knowledge of mankind.

Hearing out the magnificent phoenix, he nodded his head respectfully before making his way onward.