Private Tales When hell freezes over

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"It's become a when rather than an if then?" he asked. Valthar supposed when to her could be any time in the next five hundred years, but she had specified his fire.

"Why don't I get someone to write you when I return?" he asked. He could not himself, but someone charged only a little to write letters and have them sent with shipments out to the south.

Valthar's free hand slipped around her waist, pulling her tighter against him. He tried to be mindful of her injuries as his lips charted a part towards the shell of her ear.

• Yay
Reactions: Míriel Fëanorna
Miriel lifted her hips slightly as he pulled her closer so that she slid onto his lap proper rather than sat between his legs and hummed slightly as her back pressed to his chest. The extra warmth he generated was a bonus in the warm springs for the jungle elf.

"I've been wanting to go to the North for a very long time, but," it was hard to tell if her sigh was due to her words or his soft kisses. "There was a war with my kin up there between your kind and them and your people do not have a... great reputation for being accepting of outsiders. I wasn't sure if it would be worth the very cold - very, very cold - trip. But I haven't taken a long trip for a while and perhaps I am due one." She shifted carefully on his lap, mindful of his bruises to glance at him over her shoulder.

"I would appreciate a letter just to know you got back ok."

• Yay
Reactions: Baise
"On the whole we are not very accepting of outsiders, no," Valthar replied. His path had been a difficult one, but saying that out loud made him imagine a southern trying to cross the tundra. He was not sure how much charity they would receive, if any, one such a journey.

"I'm sure I can send something back from Belgrath or Molthal too," Valthar said. It wasn't based on much knowledge of those places. As soon as he spoke he wondered if his silence would be taken as grave news.

Having had enough of what-ifs and reviewing the day Valthar pulled his hand free of the water. He traced the outside of her arm and crossed her shoulder, leaving a slowly falling curtain of droplets across her back. Valthar placed two fingers on her chin and urged her to turn her head to meet his lips.

• Yay
Reactions: Míriel Fëanorna
"There's no pressure Val, just if and when you can," Miri had never been the sort to drive herself to the point of worry where it impacted her greatly, even if she did care about her friends. But she always welcomed a letter from wherever they were in the world. It reminded her she was probably due to send one home to her own mother herself.

Her train of thoughts were thoroughly interrupted by his touch on her face and the slight insisting pressure he applied to her chin. Her lips quirked a little but she put up no resistance. Twisting at the waist she turned more in his lap and gave the moment her full attention by closing her eyes and enjoying the taste of the kiss.

• Yay
Reactions: Baise