Private Tales Trial by Fire

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Character Biography
Link
Eberwolf walked through the streets of the destroyed village. It was just outside of his territory so in order to ensure the safety of his people he was obliged to investigate it, and because he knew not to underestimate anything, Kerberos accompanied him.

Kerberos was his dog, a huge, three headed dog the size of a horse. He was Eberwolf's constant companion and one of his closest friends. He had been planning to visit Kyla Scathach soon, his closest 'friend', but they got pushed back with the news of this village's fate.

So there he was, and he walked with his Principe longsword drawn, and ready to kill.

Eberwolf walked through the streets of the destroyed village. It was just outside of his territory so in order to ensure the safety of his people he was obliged to investigate it, and because he knew not to underestimate anything, Kerberos accompanied him.

Kerberos was his dog, a huge, three headed dog the size of a horse. He was Eberwolf's constant companion and one of his closest friends. He had been planning to visit Kyla Scathach soon, his closest 'friend', but they got pushed back with the news of this village's fate.

So there he was, and he walked with his Principe longsword drawn, and ready to kill.
Traveling in the opposite direction towards the two was Moran, having been sent here on request of her newest employer. She was given very little information about the location itself, only an incredibly short description that essentially boiled down to "Clear the place out".

Not that she minded, but she would have liked to know that the village had been pulverized beforehand. It would have been good to know that she wouldn't have to worry about destroying anything while taking care of whatever was lurking here.

Her annoyance at her contact's vagueness was postponed for the moment because holy crap, that's a big dog.

"Mind tellin' me why the hell you're in the same place as my bounty?" She called out to the two ahead of her, a hand prepared to grab the deck of cards in her satchel should things get nasty.

"Mind tellin' me why the hell you're in the same place as my bounty?" She called out to the two ahead of her, a hand prepared to grab the deck of cards in her satchel should things get nasty.

His hand fell to his sword hilt and he replied. "Mind telling me why you're in the middle of a recently destroyed village?"

His combat skills had long since improved to basically supernatural standards since his Ascensions Pilgrimage and he was not going to be quick to trust this woman, though he wouldn't kill her either, at least not without blatant and sufficient provocation.

So unless she was blatantly aggressive, she was liable to survive these next few moments. "You say bounty, therefore I'd imagine you're here to find what did this, so am I."

So unless she was blatantly aggressive, she was liable to survive these next few moments. "You say bounty, therefore I'd imagine you're here to find what did this, so am I."
Moran crossed her arms over her chest. Well, at least he wasn't blatantly in her way. That didn't mean that she was gonna be buddy-buddy with him either, though.

"Then we're on the same side for now. You keep a foot away from me and we'll be just dandy. You don't happen to know anything about what might have done this, do you?"

She made some flippant glances at what was left of the village. Maybe to him, finding out what happened was some important business, but to her, this was just another destroyed village. It wasn't like it was a once-in-a-lifetime thing. That being said, she did have a bounty to fulfill, so she'd rather get this done as soon as possible.

"Then we're on the same side for now. You keep a foot away from me and we'll be just dandy. You don't happen to know anything about what might have done this, do you?"

“I’ve seen this type of thing many times, it could be anything from overzealous bandits to undead hordes to a rogue golem. There’s really no way of actually telling with no actual observance or evidence.” He explained, ignoring the one-foot-away comment.

He looked at the ruins of a nearby building, and approached it. It had been burned to cinders and ash. “Did you see any corpses on your way in? I didn’t, if there’s no corpses then the villagers were either taken alive, or brought back as food or to be reanimated if it’s a necromancer,”

“Did you see any corpses on your way in? I didn’t, if there’s no corpses then the villagers were either taken alive, or brought back as food or to be reanimated if it’s a necromancer,”
"Nah, I haven't seen any bodies." She stood a ways behind, mulling over the wreckage. "I mean, maybe I just didn't look closely enough, I dunno."

If they were indeed taken to be eaten or reanimated, then the perpetrator in question probably wasn't far, she figured. "Well, there's only so far one can go with some corpses, so maybe the guy hasn't gone far?"
(Sir Eberwolf Kinniger )

If they were indeed taken to be eaten or reanimated, then the perpetrator in question probably wasn't far, she figured. "Well, there's only so far one can go with some corpses, so maybe the guy hasn't gone far?"

"Perhaps, this was done within the past few days so they shouldn't be that far, even if they reanimated the lot of the villagers and marched them away as undead.” He said thoughtfully. “Look for footprints, and try to determine how many sets of footprints there are. If you would look to the south, I will do the same to the north.”

“Also keep an eye out for signs of dragging. That might give us a clue.”