Fate - First Reply To Change One's Fate

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join
It was always eerie watching somebody have a vision or communicate on another level. He'd seen it before - many fae had such talents - but it still made the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end when it happened in front of him. Especially without warning. He shuffled his feet and wings awkwardly whilst he waited for it to... stop.

He had half turned to admire a piece of hanging purple wisteria when Ánië spoke.

"Yes, I will stay here, with you, if that is alright?"
Raphael blinked in surprise before his brown bent into a frown. He was here on a mission, to spy on the Summer Court, and looking after a stranger would only hinder things.

"Is there somewhere I can take you... Someone you know who might be able to help?" he frowned. "My world... it is not a safe place," the Autumn Court would eat her alive.

• Cry
Reactions: Ánië Táralóm
At first she just nodded and looked away. She understood in some way, but it was his question that was difficult for her to answer. She could remember some vague things now, a few faces and some names, but she had no idea how to reach them, and she had no idea where they were. But there was one thing that was certain in her, beyond her full understanding in truth, but a feeling she knew without question.

It was not safe where she came from.

"I'm afraid..." she paused, he eyes shifting from side to side for a moment, "...I am alone."

Though her words implied fear, there was little sign of it on her. But in truth she was afraid - whatever had caused her to forget was most certainly still out there, and worse yet, she had no idea what she would be looking at if it was staring her straight in the eye. For all she even really knew, Raphael and his people could be behind all of this - something she doubted very much.

She turned to him, and smiled, "I understand. You have done so much already... I am not as helpless as I was when you first found me, and I'm sure I will remember more as I recover."

And it was true, her physical recovery seemed to be progressing very well, but who could tell how long her memories would elude her? While to her it seemed to be going well, there were four hundred years of recollection to undergo - it was going to take some time, and it was likely going to be difficult.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Raphael
Raphael did not look convinced.

"Well... the least I can do is drop you off to a larger city. Fal'Addas is not too far - three days travel at most," for an elf. He didn't think taking her through the leylines was a good idea in her state; it was harsh enough for a non-fae stomach as it was. With his own injured it was wise to stay out of them, too. One had to keep their mind focused in order to travel the leys. He also didn't like the thought of her wandering these forests alone. A city. People. They were protection. A slim one, if these monsters had decided that they wanted her, but a protection nevertheless.

"It... is an elven city. They might be able to help more."

• Bless
Reactions: Ánië Táralóm
She felt the name on her lips.

Fal'Addas. The ancestral city.

She saw images, foggy and elusive, but familiar and even comforting. She saw faces, places, and a great tree. Fal'Addareth. She took in a deep breath, and remembered a grief - one she could not place, but she was sure it involved this city. But as the thought of finding refuge among her own kind took hold, her uncertainty dwindled. Whatever troubled her would surely come to light before long.

"Yes, there must be someone there who could help... you would take me there?" She canted her head just so, and then turned to look off away from the encampment, "you and your people are very kind. Where are you from?"

• Sip
Reactions: Raphael