Private Tales Tip Toe Through The Window

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
She wouldn't admit it, but Saph really was glad the thing had become a cat yet. She'd always liked cats, and she'd generally had a distaste for terrifying deer monsters who spoke of the ease in killing. The Bocan spoke of its hunger, of how receiving a name would sate it completely.
"Well, what would you do with yourself then? If you aren't going around eating people?".

She found her curiosity in this creature growing as the minute went on, and she intended on quizzing it as much as it would allow. While it did seem to be keeping a few details to itself, the Bocan wasn't being as annoyingly cryptic as the trickster demons from her father's old tales.

A demon, however, it certainly was. It seemed to find delight in her curse, in the pain it brought her. He wasn't sure what a demon knew about feeling and loneliness, but it was hitting the nail on the head with unusual accuracy.

Bocan

"I wasn't, always, this shape. But then, that is a, boring, story. I used to, be something, else." He breathed with a longing behind the words. It was a torment for fae to lie, their tongues feeling a literal burn as the words passed their lips. This time however, the words were almost sweet like a spring breeze instead of the crunch of dead leaves in a whipping winter wind.

It had seemed like forever ago, watching the red haired girl work alongside the tall and strong man. It had been one of the places that made one good out of another. His memories slipped back and forth between times, his transformation into this skewing some thoughts and memories.

"Something, happened. Friends died. Made me, change. Danger to everything without name. Only danger to humans with a name." He, joked at the end? It would have been hard to tell in either form, but especially in his monstrous form. "What about, you? Aside from, your curse. What would, you do, without it?"

She almost found herself feeling sorry for the monster upon hearing its words. No, she did. The Bocan appeared to take delight in her suffering, yes, but was that a consequence of some sort of curse? Its words were cryptic, and she found herself mulling them over in her head, leaving a long silence before she spoke again. Something awful had happened to the Bocan, and it had made it into a monster. It too knew what it was to lose. It knew what it was to be alone. In that way, they had a lot in common, but she couldn't relate to the Bocan. It did not flinch at expressions of violence, almost seemed to revel in it. Its transformation may have left it too far gone, but she had to hold on to whatever humanity she had left.
"I'm sorry", she said, though she reckoned the Bocan cared little for sympathy.

Another silence as they progressed. What would she do if she was cured. Thoughts of home came to mind. Her family, if they could still be called that. Returning seemed impossible and pointless until now. Perhaps she'd come home, to see if her family would accept her. Perhaps she'd be welcomed by those who'd cast her out. No... no, she didn't want that. Not really. It seemed the most logical path in her mind, but if Sapphire were to return to that village, a warm welcome would be far from what she'd seek from those who'd tried to kill her.
"I'd look for somewhere to settle for a while, I suppose. Get good at something, make some money..." . She trailed off, feeling that her answer was lacking. She looked to the cat. "Look, until about an hour ago all I've been planning is to keep moving without having to kill someone. If I could lose this damn curse, well... I'm not quite sure what I'd do. I suppose I should start figuring that out".

Bocan

• Yay
Reactions: Bocan
The sympathy was lost on the Bocan. Maybe if she had found it before it had steeped itself in fear, regret, anger, and sorrow. He missed the pair of workers, the older man that had destroyed the town had gotten away without much trouble. Had made the red haired girl into a monster also, and the man that watched over her had died and been made into something else also.

"Your sympathy, is misplaced." The Bocan spoke quietly, not angry with her, but anger simmering in it's voice no less. Her words however made the cat look at her more sharply. The ideas spinning in its head as it pondered the possibles.

"Once the curse, is gone, you should look. Until, then. Focus on, surviving. Humans are, scared of, what they can not, explain." The Bocan hissed. "Even from, other humans."

• Yay
Reactions: Sapphire
The Bocan showed distaste for her apology. Whether that was out of pride or disgust, she couldn't tell. Either way, she'd make an effort not to bother with such formalities again. The pair began approaching a small village, and a couple of men pulling some agricultural contraption were in view. Sapphire eyed the Bocan, wondering if it was eyeing the men up as potential prey. "I need to pick up some food", she explained, pulling the hood of her cloak from her head.

The Bocan's advice was well received by the girl. She was distrustful of other humans to begin with. The fact that a murderous demon shared the same feelings disturbed her further. She wasn't sure if it was the uncertain that humans feared. Mages were respected, revered in some places. No, humans feared what couldn't be controlled. Hers was a chaotic magic, devoid of any structure or mode of restraint.

Coming closer to the village now, she found it only consisted of a few houses and a small ramshackle inn. She decided to make for that first.

Bocan

• Yay
Reactions: Bocan
The cat kept quiet when they drew near to a human settlement. Keeping close to her though not so close to be mistakenly touched by her. It was certainly interested in keeping her company, but it did not want to test how well the girl's magic could affect him.

When she set her course, the cat followed after silently, avoiding the grabby hands of both adults and children as it kept close behind her.

Sapphire

The inn was a kip. Dust hung in the air in a thickness that neared smog level. A steady stream of white-grey smoke billowed into the bar from the kitchen, right up the noses of the few tenants who made this place their home. She took a seat at the counter, an innkeep ambling along to greet her. He placed a hand on the counter near her own, which she promptly drew away.
"Not seen you around love. Fancy a room for the night, 'tis on the house". He spoke in a vile tone through a gap-toothed grin. There wasn't much about him that wasn't vile, in fact. Sapphire wasn't quite sure if she'd draw away her hand on his next advance. Breaking a few of his fingers wouldn't bother her so much, considering the day she'd had.
"Just looking for some food", she muttered, eyes fixed on the counter. She glanced to the Bocan, ensuring it wasn't about to do something heinously evil. Again.
Bocan