Thread plotting: A return to Malakath

Kiros Rahnel

Lone priest of Itra
Character Biography
Link
So, Asa Renwyk/TheGrayWatcher sparked some brainstorming, and an idea for a thread to return to Malakath and explore the lore and background of the place. Specifically The Crook('s last known location) and the murals, and following along into whatever else we might find. Maybe we’ll make discovery, maybe we won’t; either way I’m hoping this will be a fun way to explore world lore. I don’t have too much structured and planned since we’re starting off investigating clues, I figured we’d just kick things off and see what comes. Place is crawling with gigantic monsters too; probably implies we're gonna have to fight something big along the way

Kiros is sparking the expedition, determined to know more about what happened during Titanfall, the crook’s thief and the meaning of the revealed lore behind it. Kiros is primarily going to be motivated to learn why Itra did what she did, but that’s just his reason for being there. Other characters might be motivated to learn more about the nature of magic, explore a newly discovered land, investigate legend or anything else really. Whatever the reason to tag along, all are more than welcome to join

As for the voyage, we could probably use the Ravaryn stone to hop right in. Unless there’s a reason that we can’t, and we just sail to Petakauata instead. Tagging those who've stated interest already; if you’re interested too, please drop in with a reply!

Asa Renwyk Szesh Raigryn Vayd

So, Asa Renwyk/TheGrayWatcher sparked some brainstorming, and an idea for a thread to return to Malakath and explore the lore and background of the place. Specifically The Crook('s last known location) and the murals, and following along into whatever else we might find. Maybe we’ll make discovery, maybe we won’t; either way I’m hoping this will be a fun way to explore world lore. I don’t have too much structured and planned since we’re starting off investigating clues, I figured we’d just kick things off and see what comes. Place is crawling with gigantic monsters too; probably implies we're gonna have to fight something big along the way

Kiros is sparking the expedition, determined to know more about what happened during Titanfall, the crook’s thief and the meaning of the revealed lore behind it. Kiros is primarily going to be motivated to learn why Itra did what she did, but that’s just his reason for being there. Other characters might be motivated to learn more about the nature of magic, explore a newly discovered land, investigate legend or anything else really. Whatever the reason to tag along, all are more than welcome to join

As for the voyage, we could probably use the Ravaryn stone to hop right in. Unless there’s a reason that we can’t, and we just sail to Petakauata instead. Tagging those who've stated interest already; if you’re interested too, please drop in with a reply!

Asa Renwyk Szesh Raigryn Vayd

Perhaps a Warlock would be useful?

• Devil
Reactions: Kiros Rahnel
Perhaps a Warlock would be useful?
I'm sure magic will be much more useful this time around. He might've heard of the event, Itra's punishment, or both. There's plenty else he might want to investigate too, I'm sure

o.o This would be a good excuse to pull out my archaeologist Artamese.
Would be a perfect fit for her! And an archaeological excursion means financing. And by extension, pay!

“The last time you were here things did not go well. What omens do you herald this time?”
It was indeed a truly foul omen that bid my last presence. Yet Heka's plight has quieted since; waters that lie still better suit investigation.

After all, this was no holy quest; She wouldn't be around this time. Hopefully...

Ignorance is neighbour to negligence. I simply must know.

Last edited:
  • Devil
  • Love
Reactions: Sirius and Xihuitl
Well, looks like we got our party set! I’ll post the starter this weekend. Figure we’ll start the scene with the party arriving in Petakauata by boat before making a journey through the “Valley of Decay” to reach Ravaryn. We could also just start at the Ravaryn stone; either way, we’ll be reaching our destination soon. The objective is to get there sooner rather than later, so we can dive into that delicious lore

I don’t believe anyone from the last thread recorded any of that stuff we encountered, besides Xihuitl, which would make finding the murals again a central point of the journey. We might find even more, and I’d be aiming to explore the place in depth to get a good look at all the cool stufd we might’ve missed last time.

There’s also a pretty good chance of encountering Itra. I do plan to take the opportunity to cement her perspective of the event, and maybe even encounter anyone daring enough to meet her.

If there’s any ideas to toss in, suggestions to make, or concerns about plans please let me know! I'm super flexible with plotting, and I’m happy to change and adjust for participant satisfaction. I’ll be posting the starter within the next couple of days.

Adventure awaits!

And the thread is live! Added one more little subplot to it, which might help us discover a bit more. May become relevant or not, we'll see where the thread takes us.

Anyhow, I've posted the thread here

I'll actually have to bow out. Sorry to disappoint.
All good; appreciate the heads up though, and will catch you in other threads!

I have been needing a vacation and the Dreadlords have receded...

Goes without saying that Xzaar completes this team! The duo reunites~

I will be re-working on a response tonight! Hopefully this one survives!
Looking forward to reading it! My sympathy for lost writing; been there, I'm sure we all have.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Empyrean