Private Tales Those That Carry On

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
She did not take much more of his time once he'd finished his meal. She was not blind to his mindfulness, waiting patiently for her. In truth though she was not terribly hungry, and though she left food on her plate the insisted she was finished.

"It is late now," he said. "Perhaps we should rest. I take my leave of you, now. If any nightly terror concerns you, seek me."

She inclined her head graciously, saying, "thank you, Ereven," as he departed.

As for herself, she remained seated there for a short while more before she also got up to leave. Retiring to her room, she found that like any other night she was not tired as she'd heard it described. She'd had little opportunity, but she'd even observed people as she slept. Meanwhile she, at least since the time she woke without memory, she had not slept. Other elves clearly did, but she'd not yet encountered another of her own people... she could only assume their experiences were the same as hers.

She sat on the bed provided within her room and looked around for a few moments. It was a wonderful, as anything she'd seen woven into form by the diligence of elven-kind seemed to be. She enjoyed the quiet coziness she felt, fueled by the sense of security being so surrounded by kindred sort - and Ereven. He'd shown her great kindness, and was clearly bound by some code of honour he held himself to. She found him reminding her of someone else she knew - or rather, someone else she'd begun to remember.

She decided to lay down, and let her thoughts continue to drift...

…before long, she found herself in that strange state of being she always did when she tried to sleep. There was a sense of familiarity in it, whatever it was - a lucid state of dreaming all while remaining awake, like being in two places at once. In this state, through the eyes of her mind she meandered through a whimsical meadow of light and mist, with green grass and flowers that sparkled like glass caught in beaming rays from the sun. But for as wonderous as it seemed to her this night, like any other, it also felt... absent. Lonely, like it was not how it was supposed to be...

When morning came, her mind departed from that place and she readied herself for a new day. She came to meet with Ereven as they had said, and then followed him to the circle of druids, set about their stones. There was an anxious curiosity that grasped her in these moments, but with her new friend by her side she felt confident that everything would be alright.

"Send forward the outsider, that she may speak,"

Anie hesitated for a second, and then started forward to bring herself before them. She cordially bowed once she'd arrived, and introduced herself again before reciting her tale: how she'd woken, alone in the woods, surrounded by slain monsters - how she'd ran from there and was helped by strange creatures she believe to be Fae. She spoke of her subsequent arrival in the city, and then her journeying to the Life Crystal, where dark horrors were revealed to her, horrors she had worked diligently to avoid.

"I... do not know what these memories mean, or why I have forgotten them in the first place, but I feel as though I must remember them... I need to know how."

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Ereven Theruvanen
The sage nodded at Ánië's answer. His eyes remained shut as they began to speak, their voice seemingly echoed as a magical energy began to circle the druidic stones in the center of the terrace.

"Though you be a daughter of elven blood, my eyes cannot see you. You speak of memories, and of dreams... yet it would seem your dream is not just a dream. Dreams are only memories which grace the mind during slumber... yet if your visions are in your dreams, then you must have mastery of them."

The magic in the circle slowed, then dissipated. The sage opened his eyes, and stared at Ánië now.

"You seek the Somni Stone. It lies not in our dear Falwood, but far away, on Sheketh. Long ago, the Stone was given to a king of Alliria. With it, he could see the dreams of all that which he was to accomplish. However, the Stone drove him mad, as he could not always make his dreams that which he wished to be reality. An Allirian mage by the name of Geltoran took the stone to Sheketh, and hid it away to protect the world from its power. The people of Sheketh, long forgotten to time now, hid the stone away, also fearful of its power."

The sage shook his head. The rest of the circle remained quiet.

"Be careful you do not become too fearful of your own dreams, outsider."

With that, the elf shut his eyes again. In a short time, the magic inside the druidic stones began to glow again. Ereven felt that the sage had spoken his piece and would likely give them no more, and as such slowly made his way down the terrace again, where he would await Ánië. His thoughts were more troubled, however, and though it hadn't been the first time he'd been sent to find some relic or artifact, something about the tale of the Somni Stone had him more concerned than normal...