Open Chronicles Those On High

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Djana was no assassin, but she managed not to jump as the man spoke.

Her spatial awareness was not the best, not when she was lost in thought like this. Still, a frown peckered her face, and quietly she reminded herself not to lose herself within the moment. In a place like this someone who wasn't paying attention was likely to get stabbed.

She had to remember. "Good."

The Cultist said quietly, never turning away from the fires in the valley below. Her eyes wandered for just a moment more, pulling to some of the banners that she could still see flapping in the night.

"What did you see?" She asked quietly, her voice soothingly quiet.

After scouting about for about an hour, I've discovered that these soldiers are heavily armored and extremely talented fighters. The Lord himself is protected by two of his most talented men, both assassins that pledged their allegiance to him. I have yet to find any weakness, but I would like to be allowed to snoop around once they are asleep with my equipment.

Lectrix reported his findings in front of the woman, one arm behind his back and the other at his side, like a soldier. Why am I standing like this? What the hell is wrong with my head.

He just knew he needed to get to his equipment, but the intel he could get from his requested night assignment could prove very useful in his mission, one he was desperate to finish.

• Yay
Reactions: Djana Mahin
She sighed, then waved. "Fine."

Djana knew there was risk in this, but if he was discovered they would just have him executed. Any tale he told about her involvement wouldn't be believed, after all she was the one who had arranged this entire affair.

No motive, no story to stick.

Still, she knew that this had to be done carefully. If it wasn't the whole ordeal could still very easily fall apart, and Djana didn't need another piece of the puzzle falling away. This army itself was already enough of a challenge.

"Do not kill him." She chewed on her lip as she spoke.

Finally, he thought to himself. Once he got to his bracer, he could cut the net that the woman had on his mind, once and for all. Then, he could fool the woman into thinking he was still under his control, while completing his mission.

As you wish ma'am.

He said to his last command, bowing his head slightly as well, and walked off. He made his way down the wall and carefully made way around the soldiers camp toward the kitchen. When he arrived, he eyed the door of the pantry, a smile emerging on his face. He made his way through the wooden door and towards the far right corner.

He carefully removed the board that covered his gear, and was met with his bracer on top of his clothes.

He took off his shirt, exposing his multitude of scars and burns. He removed his bracer from the top of the pile and reached for his undershirt, putting it on. He took a long breath, closing his eyes, finally feeling comfortable in his own clothes. He then opened his eyes and swiftly grabbed the bracer and unbuckled the belts that held it closed. He put it, and a rush of energy was felt. Long ago, he imbued the bracer with a spell he stole from a wizard he killed. The objective of the spell was to protect him from any sort of magic that cursed him, from poison to paralyses. He never expected to use it on mind control, but after a few minutes, he slowly felt in command of his own body. It's not supposed to take that long he thought, but shrugged off the thought.

He began to buckle the belts back together, and once finished, he began to put on the rest of his equipment.

• Yay
Reactions: Djana Mahin
Djana did not move from her spot on the wall.

There was still so much to do, still so much to plan.

One assassin was good, but he would hardly be effective against an army. In fact she was almost entirely positive that he would fail in the end. Djana had no idea of the man's quality, nor his skill. It was an addition to her plan if anything at all, and the simple truth was she needed something more.

Assurance.

Her fingers slowly folded through her hair, straightening curls as she fell into a deep thought. After a moment a smile touched her face, another plan forming within her mind.

This Kingdom needed to fall, but it needed to fall on her terms. Only then would the Great Lord be satisfied.

Once he had his equipment on, he raced to the sides of the building in order to climb up and get a vantage point. He found one in a windowsill, one that overlooked the entire villa, where he had eyes on the woman and the newly arrived army. What he had seen in his trance was a giant army belonging to that of who he thought was a royal, most likely the new husband of the woman getting married, he thought to himself.

Damn, can you say compensating for something?

He chuckled softly to himself, but quickly stopped with the realization that whoever this royal was was a part of the woman's grand plan. He didn't want to kill anyone who was innocent, just his target and stop whatever it was that this lady was planning. Unless, maybe he had the same goal as he did? Maybe he could exploit her? Or maybe his continued association with her could lead to the death of innocents.

He tried to shake those thoughts off. Those would be things that he would take care of later. Right now, he was "under her control." He had to do the reconnaissance that aided his mind's captor. He finally got up of his vantage point, and ran down the tiled roof until he got near the wall. He swiftly climbed down the walls of the structure and jumped toward the wall to meet his "mistress."

(OOC: Damn, I've been gone while, haven't I?)