The War of the Kinniger Dutchy: Outriders planning

Kiros Rahnel

Lone priest of Itra
Character Biography
Link
Hey, just a planning thread for the RP we got underway. I do need to know more about the dutchy; I'd at least like to ensure this rendition lines up with stuff that's already been written elsewhere if we're writing it.

I do have a saga outlined though, so plenty of fuel for an adventurous battle and conclusion. If there's anything to write in or work towards please let me know; I try to be flexible :)

Basic outline of the duchy.

It is an area of land ruled by Duke Remmond Kinniger, and has been locked in war with a clan of vampires for many generations. Thanks to this, every male in the duchy is taught from the age of six onward how to fight, and in the art of war, imagine medieval Spartans in that sense. The women stay behind to tend the land and raise the children. The men are given three months a year to go home and rest, which often results in more children.

Due to the fact that men are usually fighting, there are more women then men, which resulted in their laws allowing more than one wife per man. This also means that they have gotten steadily more built for war by nature’s laws of selection. This means they scorn cowardice and weakness, and their commanders have been perfecting strategy for just as long.

But this also lead to them being isolated from the world, too busy fighting their war to make contact with other nations.

They have superb infantry, moderate archers, exceptional guerilla fighters and very limited cavalry.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Kiros Rahnel
Ah, thanks for the background, should help much! I take it the vampires are organized much the same, underneath one clan? Definitely up to destroy some vampires, I just want to be careful not to destroy something important that horribly speeds up/alters the general over-reaching plot for others. This viliage seems to work though for what I got planned

And also just to confirm here; am I driving? I'll do so; wouldn't mind :)

So long as you don’t overthrow the entire clan, go nuts. We already have a main war thread, but so long as you don’t overthrow the entire clan, or do too much damage to the Duchy, you are free to do as you will. If you have any questions regarding laws or customs or anything really, just ask.

• Bless
So long as ... you don’t overthrow the entire clan, or do too much damage to the Duchy, you are free to do as you will.

Sounds good and lines up with what I have planned. Not planning on taking down the full duchy with this, more of a side-plot. I'm aiming to write it in a way that won't interrupt the main storyline here, so sounds reassuring :D

Mind, Kiros doesn't even know of the dutchy firsthand. He evaded the call to action and only showed up because a magic sky lady told him to do stuff with an ancient spirit-possessed sword :)

And thanks for the direction, much appreciated!

Alright, so just to give a forecast, I have a plot outline planned. Fight scene -> Intermission -> Big fight scene -> Big Finale.

Please let me know if you'd like me to steer the plot towards plot points for your characters too; I'll happily write as flexibly as I can. Please write here or send me a message with any questions, suggestions or planning - I write to accommodate :)

Right Noam, and since the swordsman just left after a battle, feel free to destroy a vampire’s camp, it would cover their flank while their off butchering slavers a short ways away from their own fort. Do that and we can pretty much tie the two RPs together as two sides to the same plot. I’ll make my partners aware of this so that it makes sense to them, and I’ll invite you into the conversation.

• Cheer