Open Chronicles The Town of Ravencrest

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"I am extremely well pleased with this offering, Sung Na. And this is a sample of the trade your people can bring to my kingdom? It seems too good to be true."
She straightened in her throne and motioned for @Kriegslied to examine the gifts and confirm their "Safe" as a traditional precaution.
"I believe such trade would please my subjects as well. When the amethyst mine is reopened I believe we may be able to match your offer and reopen the resource trade that Ravencrest once offered, if you find that acceptable."

Caution. A good quality, something that should keep her from attacking him or pressuring him into her service anytime soon, especially after she sees exactly how much force he commands. They were safe, no enchantments, no poisons, nothing except extremely soft fabric and smooth green rock. “It is acceptable my lady. And I would wish for nothing more than to bring you and your people prosperity. And speaking of the people, I do not think that they are going to calm .org except you as their ruler soon unless appeased or suppressed in some way. I myself have experience in ruling a province back home, my governors are currently handling things back there now, and I can offer counsel should you have need of it.

• Cheer
Reactions: Alexandria Viacian
Kriegslied listened as Sung Na as he offered his assistance in quelling the rabble of the common folk as he examines the gems with some magic spells and then gives his Queen a nod before ordering some servents to take it to her chamber for him.

He stands up and walks back to his spot in the room listening to what he said. There was a loophole in the ideas he may be implying to. One that can be caused by anyone outside of the kingdom or otherwise inside of it. They needed absolute blind loyalty.

The elf would give Sung Na a nod and then look to Alexandria and give her the, I have some information and wish to share if you wish, face he often gave her before informing her of events. But he did not press on the matter in front of their two new potential allies. He simply listened and went back to watching Sung Na like a hawk. Every movement and every word was being absorbed for any small hint of falsehoods and derailment.

• Cheer
Reactions: Alexandria Viacian
“It is acceptable my lady. And I would wish for nothing more than to bring you and your people prosperity. And speaking of the people, I do not think that they are going to calm .org except you as their ruler soon unless appeased or suppressed in some way. I myself have experience in ruling a province back home, my governors are currently handling things back there now, and I can offer counsel should you have need of it."
He was right, if course, the villagers had only last night been sent to their homes with resentment in their hearts. They needed a way to pacify them, keep them happy with her rule until she had some power of her own to exercise.
Bringing in new trade could do it, and if Sung Na could manage that then he may buy them enough time.
"Thank you, you're very generous Sung Na. When we hold counsel for our next plan of action you will be invited to the table."

Kriegslied had something to share, if it was information that could be shared with outsiders he would have done so. But it would be in poor taste for her to leave now, so she motioned him forward to whisper in her ear.

Krieg approaches the queen and whispers in her ear, “There is more then one guard who is upset with your rule.” He tells her, “Its sort of a herd mentality with the shopkeeper and the religious figure following the sheriff.” He pasues giving her a moment to think, “Now if you would not mind my queen. I have a plan that could work to make them less... volatile. And my little birds got the leader of all this rabble and his followers. The elf smiles with a playful glint in his eye. Telling the queen that he had a game to play and he was ready for the hunt that came with it.

“It is something that might pique your interest.”

Alexandria Viacian

“There is more then one guard who is upset with your rule.”
“Its sort of a herd mentality with the shopkeeper and the religious figure following the sheriff.”
“Now if you would not mind my queen. I have a plan that could work to make them less... volatile. And my little birds got the leader of all this rabble and his followers.
She listened intently to the new information, processing what she heard. That religious man... The priest he spoke of... If she remembered correctly he was the one who personally burned her mother at the stake as a hag and a witch... The Sheriff, if it was still the same man holding at office, he was the one who suggested she be sent away instead of killed... She didn't know if she owed him her life, or if he owed her his...

She whispered back, "I am very interested... After this meeting I shall join you in the dungeon and see what manifestation of joy you have for me!"

She turned her attention back to Sung Na, "I'm afraid my duties as queen keep piling up even as we speak! You're gifts are most appreciated and we look forward to doing business with you and your people! We shall speak again later I expect, but for now feel free to roam about the castle, become familiar with the layout and the lands around us."

She turned her attention back to Sung Na, "I'm afraid my duties as queen keep piling up even as we speak! You're gifts are most appreciated and we look forward to doing business with you and your people! We shall speak again later I expect, but for now feel free to roam about the castle, become familiar with the layout and the lands around us."

“You needn’t worry Lady Alexandria, I know all too well the pressures of ruling. I hope that you enjoy the gifts thoroughly, and your willingness to trade is a great relief to me. I wish you well, and I wish you luck. Until next we speak.” He said bowing and leaving. He kept his eye out for suspicious people and possible observance posts. He didn’t trust her spymaster, and he most certainly didn’t like that he was probably watching him somehow, he had skinned men alive and boiled them for less.

(Awwww I feel so loved by Sung Na rn <3)

Krieg watches as the trader leaves the hall. His ears twitch as he thinks on how to keep tabs in all this man and his men all the time. Giving the queen a bow he heads down to the dungeon and await for her there whenever she got done with her own other matters to attend to.

While he waited he pulled up two chairs and sat down closest to the bars that held the fews guards men. They were still knocked out from their little trip here with his Little Birds. He did not both to wake them until the Queen had arrived.

Resting his elbows on his knees and his chin in his hands he watches them and chuckles. Oh if only they knew what was about to happen to them. A owl lands on his shoulder and starts to preen itself. Patting the birds head he leans back and waits some more.

Until eventually the queen arrives, and when she walks through the door he stands up and he and his owl both bow together. “My Queen, I am quite sure you know who these guards are.” He smiles looking at them still sleeping away.

“I didn’t want to wake them as I wanted you to be the one to do so, before we get started in the little thing I worked on all last night. Just for them to know how much deep shit they are truly in.”

Mannelig listened to the exchange and its longevity for a few minutes before shrugging internally and passing off the parchment that was, essentially, a bill to a nearby servant to the woman on the throne. Satisfied that his obligation was done, he meandered off to his men. Knowing most nobility and unruly peasantry, chances were there’d be a purge of guards and armsmen of varying degrees since said soldiers were usually recruited from said peasantry. Following there would be edicts and laws enacted to keep the commoners in line, which they may or may not react well to. Last, there would be the revolt, or lack thereof.

If he was lucky, the villagers would skip the revolt process and he and his men could collect their pay and be done with yet another backwater town with authority issues. If he was unlucky, then he and his men were likely to earn their wages like proper sellswords and burn, kill, and generally slaughter an unknown number of untrained townsfolk until the survivors figured it was easier to live with the yoke of the nobility rather than die in droves. Mannelig knew which option he preferred, but at the end of the day he could also see the reason why peasants revolted at times. Put bluntly, being a peasant didn’t pay well. If you were lucky, you had some extra food in the larder for winter. An unlucky peasant was usually a dead peasant. Statistically, it was far more profitable being a mercenary. At the very least, food wasn’t an issue most days. Retirement wasn’t really an option, but, truth be told, old mercenaries were uncommon at best.

He found his men shifting around on their usual duties and joined in the chit chat. Passersby would see chattering soldiers engaging in idle conversation. Those who knew better would see a mercenary captain discussing the previous night’s events, or lack thereof, and planning out the day’s schedule with his sergeants. Satisfied that little had occurred the night before, the village had remained in their homes albeit grudgingly, and that no one had turned up missing in the night, he gave orders for the day. Maintain posts, watch the village, and, above all, remain alert. They knew as well as he that nobles sometimes didn’t like to pay or decided mercenaries were too expendable or disloyal to continue employing. At best, they were a liability to some or a threat to others. Ravencrest was no different to them, their new ruler untested and unknown so far. If things went well, they’d earn their pay and head off to the next job. If things went poorly…

Well, it wouldn’t be the first time they had to carve their way out of a castle over rivers of blood.

Kriegslied Sung Na Alexandria Viacian