Private Tales The Third Rung

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
A smile touched her lips. It was a rare expression from her, but the moment called for it. She had not expected him to be swayed so easily.

That didn't reduce her thoughts on the lad, just meant that things might after all go her way. Henry would only be the first, and eventually there would be others. It all started here, with one word, with one step. Now she just had to move things along.

"As you know Igot Crane was recently killed." She stared at the boy quietly, mostly to see if he would react.

Yves had mentioned the Archon's sons death, though Selene didn't much care.

"It will come as no surprise that he was doing his fathers work when he wasn't...indulging himself." She frowned, then continued. "In his absence, there are two other students who continue it."

Her fingers drummed on the table. "I need you to find out who they are."

• Sip
Reactions: Harry
The smile caught him by surprise. Her observation of Igot even more so.

“Yes, murdered by Alloi,” He said, not missing a beat. A convincing lie, though if she had mentioned it, she was probably aware that Alloi had been framed. He realized it was most likely a test of sorts.

Hal nodded along with her explanation, “Is there any... lead to go off of? I’m aware of the Archon’s plan, as you had explained it, but how would Apprentices be able to contribute to that? How would I be aware of what to look for?”

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Talus
She nodded slowly. The boy wasn't a complete fool at the very least, he knew to ask questions about where to go and what to do.

He lied, but that was to be expected with all of this. Selene had done the same thing in his place, hell, she had done worse. The memory made her smile again, rare that it happened twice in a day. "They would have been close to Igot."

She explained.

"They will be attempting to recruit other Apprentices, just as Igot had soon intended to." For a moment Selene considered. "I will have to search more myself, but for now that is all I know."

The Dreadlord looked perplexed, an act of course. She would have to set things up just right to ensure that Hal actually had something to find in the first place. Igot did have...minions, but neither of them would be attempting to recruit.

They would have to be steered separately. Perhaps if she went to the Archon himself...

A Dangerous idea, but one with potential. "Observe for now. Find them. In two weeks time we'll meet again."

Close to Igot? He could think of a few lackeys, and from thinking of those under Crane, a feeling of sickness swirled in Hal’s gut. He offered a single nod of his head in response.

“It will be done,” He said, “Is that all you require of me?”

Two weeks was ample time to gather what she required. He wondered, though, how much he would be expected to gather over the two weeks. Hal swallowed hard as he found himself in an increasingly complicated situation.

"For now." She confirmed with a nod.

Two weeks would give her plenty of time to set the stage properly. It would not be too difficult to set up some of the students at the Academy.

The only true hitch in her plan would be maneuvering Crane. It didn't matter much if he were actually plotting or not, she just had to make it appear as though he were. That was easy enough, Selene would simply have to ensure that he conducted a few visits to the academy. She had already planted the seed in Hal's mind, from there the paranoia would grow.

Her first step would be contacting one of her spies in Cranes estate. Through him she would give a glimpse of the truth of what really happened to his son.

That would be enough to get him to the Academy. From there...well she would have to see.

"Be careful Hal." Selene told him. "Things will be dangerous very quickly."

• Scared
Reactions: Harry
He began to leave the room in silence. He was aware of what she wanted, it was quite simple actually. However, he felt overwhelmed. He knew where to start, but had no idea what he would do to learn who was truly involved.

As he opened the door to exit, her warning rang in his ears. He looked over his shoulder, nodded once, then left.

The door quietly clicked behind him.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Talus