Private Tales The start of a new life

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Lara Angiris

Witch/Monster Hunter (In training)
Character Biography
Link
If I wasn't such an vengeful woman I would have been living peacefully by now.

If anything I regret making such a mess of myself, rose would have never wanted me to kill so many people, but what am I to do? I can't simply redeem myself just like that! I need to find a way for me to give myself a proper life.

As I walk through the wood I begin to wonder, am I truly going to try and erase my past? Can I even do that? Am I allowed to do such a thing? Even if I was who knows how long it'd take, I'm already a hundred years old and soon I'll be a hundred and one i can't-

"Hey can anybody hear me!!??" A voice screams, they seem to be in trouble, as I pass through the forest into a dark and damp cave I go and summon my butterflies, their luminous wings flutter about as I look for the voice that shouted for aid.

"Search carefully and don't get harmed, I rather not be writhing in pain simply because a bystander got stuck in here like a moron" I say bluntly, as I search the cavern I spot a group of my butterflies hovering around a small area.

"Oh, for fuck sake, it just had to be an idiot who gets stuck with poisonous vipers." I see a the person standing on part of the ragged wall that had a ledge and they take notice of me, "hey um a little help here?".

This is why I hate people....

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Darkensand
Shrinking back from the edge of his rocky shelf, his fingers twisted in a fast nervous pattern. Pale light trailed and dripped from his hands as the elf drew a glowing pattern in the air. His eyes darted between his spell design and the snakes just a few feet below him. Setting his dripping circle in the air above the angry serpents, Kato pulled a pair of silver coins from the sleeve of his robe. Flipping them up into the air, the bright discs fell down towards the snakes on the cave floor.

As the coins passed through his gleaming sigil, they became streams of molten metal, which flew downward with savage purpose. Four vipers were coated in silver as they leapt and searched upwards, freezing solid. Dozens of snakes remained, and began to wind up the silver bodies of their dead brethren, using them as ready-made bridges to Kato's ankles.

Yelping with the realization he'd just made his situation worse, Kato hastily pulled a small mirror and tiny piece of quartz from his pocket, holding one in each hand. Thinking he'd heard someone outside, he screamed desperately. "Hey! Can anyone hear me?!"

Placing his quartz against his mirror and pointing it at the closest climbing viper, he closed his eyes and spoke a quiet word of Orcish. His quartz glowed brightly, and a beam of sunlight shot from it, through the little mirror, and burned the single viper to ash in a moment.

Then the tiny mirror exploded, and Kato screamed as glass shards pierced his left hand. His right hand dropped the quartz down into the snakes, a bright red burn obvious on that palm. Falling back prone, he pushed himself as far back as he could, cradling his hands as tears formed in his eyes. The pain, the hopelessness.... of course it would end this way. He looked up at the stone ceiling numbly, wondering what death by venom felt like.

Were those.... butterflies?

Scrambling up onto his knees, Kato looked around to see a short elf standing some distance away, giving him a disapproving look. His voice broke a little at the sight of another person. "Hey, uh.... a little help here?"

A viper made it up onto the ledge beside him, and in a panic Kato gave it a swift kick back into the pit below. He looked back up at the frowning woman, blinking to see through his damp eyes. "Please?"

Last edited:
She hears a "please?" and looks at the boy in the eyes, as lara looks down she sees a small rock of quartz, 'well he might have dropped it' using my magic lara pulls it towards her and tucks it in her bag for now, looking back at the man she can see his frightened expression.

Lara lets out a sigh and orders her butterflies over, "I swear some mortals can be rather stupid," she says as she lets a butterfly land on her hand followed by many more, the butterflies slowly turn and fuse together forming a staff that held a black onyx floating in the center and silver vines wrapped around the handle.

As she began chanting out a words "Create a path to safety and lead the sheep to haven" a black colored bridge slowly forms and begins to solidify, "if you fall i will whack your head." She tells the young man as she walked over standing in the middle of the bridge.

Lara noticed vipers climbing up again and proceed to set them ablaze and knocking them back down, the fire spreads to other viper slowly but surely, "how in the living hells does a grown Adult, assuming your even a mature adult, get stuck in a viper nest of all things?" She asks.

'And before I thought people were more careful then this, then again the amount of people I killed can say otherwise.' She thinks to herself.

Kato gaped at her display of skill; a look sent a stone flying into her hand, while a simple gesture spun a staff out of umber insects. A sentence created a bridge to safety. A quick movement and she had spawned a flame that knocked the serpents back, and seemed to spread hungrily after the rest of the nest, but only incinerated the snakes. It appeared effortless. It was stunning. Beautiful.

It made him want to throw up.

Hesitantly, Kato began to make his way towards his rescuer, still clutching his ripped and burned hands. Looking down, he saw the thronging serpents writhing in flames, and wondered if it wouldn't be better to jump and join them in death. He fought to meet the woman's steady gaze, her eyes glinting in two different colors. She looked like a rift in reality, torn from a broken nightmare. Her expression was one of numbness. He got the sense that matters of life and death were minor inconveniences for her, though he couldn't begin to guess what she'd gone through to get to that place.

His inner scholar started posing questions internally that he knew he didn't want the answers to. What are those butterflies made of? Does her school of magic give her command over their given matter? So, if she's a skilled pyromancer that would explain the flame, and then she has the power to form matter from those butterflies.... wait.

It wasn't that simple. It never was. She turned the butterflies into a staff, which I'd assume is a magic tool. Can she form magical tools from this matter? Did I even see if the bridge was formed of butterflies? Or did it spring from nowhere?

He asked none of this out loud, of course, since most magic users found such questions suspicious or rude. Plus, if he were to voice these questions, he'd probably start sobbing. Making it to the other side of the bridge, Kato noticed the woman wasn't holding his quartz anymore. He didn't bring it up, instead bowing at the waist. His folded hands were slick and warm with blood. "Thank you. I was certain I'd never make it out of there."

"It is fine, though I wonder how you ended up here" lara asked curtly, she looks at the elven man and sees crimson droplets coming from his hand

She holds out her hand, "give me your hand, I'll stop the bleeding..." she says softly, she walks over to the man and stopped right in front of him,
"may I see your hand? Or are you uncomfortable?" She asks.

She removes her hood and let's her hair flow down, and puts it up "because I rather you didn't lose to much blood." Lara looks up showing her heterochromic eyes more clearly.

"Ah, I don't believe I've introduced myself, I'm lara." She introduced herself.

Last edited:
Igni was sleeping soundly on the crest of the hill, the bliss she felt resting in the sunshine reflected on her face. She had only just finished a rather filling meal of aurochs, and the remains of the beast lay behind her, dwarfed by her vastness. Her huge, leathery wings also spread out across the ground behind her, just missing the aurochs’ still wet bones, and the hill of her body rose and fell with each contented breath.

It was a few hours after eating that her large, batlike ears began to twitch. She could hear calling, like shouts of distress, though it wasn’t enough to rouse her from her slumber. Only when the sense of magic made her generous coat stand on end did she raise her head, blinking enormous blue eyes in the dazzling sunlight.

“Interesting,” she said.

It had come from downhill, in the forest below. Indeed the whole hill was surrounded by forest. Only its crest was bare and grassy. Igni had a love-hate relationship with woods and jungles. They were so very beautiful, but they often impeded her bulk, and she would find herself stabbed in her soft gut by a broken tree branch or tangled in vines. But these forests weren’t so bad. Hunger sated, curiosity piqued, she heaved her bulk off the grass, folded her broad wings on her back, and made her way down the mountainside.

She wasn’t graceful by any means, though she was careful. Despite her bulk and her girth, she descended the slope without causing too much erosion, though she could do little to suppress the crunching of sticks and leaves under her well- manicured paws.

After perhaps a minute she came across a strange sight. A dragonling standing before a cave. More like the scaled variety of dragon than her kind. Igni did her best to swallow her preconceptions, and spread a warm smile across her whiskered face.

“Greetings, little creature,” she said, fully aware that this, indeed, was an above-average sized creature. “What brings you to my cave this day?”

35750460@300-1586002267.jpg (300×221) (furaffinity.net)