Entertainment The Spice Must Flow

Character Biography
Link

First look at some of the cast from the upcoming Dune film. Any fans of the series here? Even if you've just seen the Lynch film, that's grand.

I'm liking the stillsuits design and the casting. Hoping Hans Zimmer makes a soundtrack as good as Toto. Can't wait to see more of the Fremen and Sardaukar.

I've been a fan of Dune since the original film was released back in the 80's. Digging the stills that were released and impressed by the cast. If I had one concern it's that I haven't seen Fayd Rautha cast and he was a fairly integral antagonist for the film but I'm keeping an open mind. Love Josh Brolin being cast as Gurney Halleck.

I read the first book a while back and loved it. Don’t recall and lot of the details though, might have to reread before the movie comes out.

The computer RTS game Emperor: Battle for Dune actually got me interested in Dune. After that, I read the first three books and thought they were awesome. And Dune was my very first roleplaying experience, way back on message boards in like 2001. So yeah, love Dune.

God Emperor of Dune was where shit started getting a little weird and where the series lost my attention, so I haven't read anything beyond that. The cast here seems fair enough, although I don't particularly see Villeneuve's apparent necessity of turning Dr. Kynes into a woman as anything more than a transparent attempt at virtue signaling. I hated Oscar Isaac in Star Wars, but that was more because of his character than the actor himself. He seems like a fine actor and I'm sure he can do well with the part.

It's kinda weird how in a series with so much imagination and influence on other stories, there's never been a truly successful film adaptation of Dune.

I've always meant to read the series, but I have seen all the movie renditions. The old 80s version has always been a creative source of inspiration for me.

I'm not sure how I feel about the cast. I know Hans Zimmer is composing the music, so I'll at least love the soundtrack!