Fable - Ask The Siren's Song

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Honey

Character Biography
Link
The Siren's Song was a tavern on the edge of the Allirian Docks, hidden deep in the Shallows were all the seediest sailors and smugglers could be found. As soon as they tied to shore, these men of ill repute all flocked to their local watering hole for cheap drink, cheap drugs and cheap women to share their company. It was not uncommon for Honey to be seen at the tavern seeking potential clients. But tonight, she was providing a different kind of entertainment. While several of Zilvra's other "girls" were upstairs seeing to the sailors more immediate needs, Honey was using her lute and her sweet satin voice to draw in a crowd. The establishment was called The Siren's Song, after all, and one could certainly be forgiven for believing that a siren was occupying the tavern tonight.

Honey sat cross legged on a small table in front of the fireplace, lute in her lap, elevated so that the patrons could see her from every corner of the room. With the warm light of the fire behind her, the woman's golden hair was practically glowing. Those while the girl might look like an angel with golden hair and a white summer dress, the lyrics of her song were considerably more sinister.

"Gather round sailors and seafarers all,
Come hear the siren's song,
For the ocean beckons and you hear her call,
And she'll be your grave before long.

But before you surrender to her charms,
And you find your eternal rest,
Come spend a night in the siren's arms,
Place your head upon my breast.

Oh, my lover, don't fear my voice,
Don't fear the cold ocean's clutch,
For my skin is warm and my lips are moist,
And my body yearns for your touch.

Make love to me in the sea, sailor man,
Make love to me on the shore,
Make love to me every way you can,
Make me scream out for more.

Take me till you are spent, my love,
Satisfy your every desire,
Let go of your troubles in the world above,
Sink down with me in the dire.

Let the ocean take your final breath,
As you join with me under the sea,
Embrace the gentle touch of death,
And rest for all eternity."

Despite the song's rather dire subject matter, it got a very warm reception from the crowd, along with some rather vulgar proposals to take her up on her offer. "Sorry boys, they already paid me to sing for the rest of the hour. But if you can't wait that long, I have some friends over there who I'm sure would be happy to help," Honey suggested, pointing to a couple of girls who were watching over a card game, focussing their flirtations on whoever happened to be winning at the time. Some of course were disappointed by the rejection, but before they could make too much fuss, Honey cut off the conversation by strumming the lute and beginning another song. Perhaps something less erotic this time. It seemed this crowd couldn't even appreciate a simple song without their little friends popping up to say hello.

The sweet sound of singing floated on the still night air as Charity walked along the docks. She scoffed at their drunken attempts to get her attention, occasionally offering a rude gesture in return. Don't these men have something better to do than harass every woman that walks by? Charity wondered.

Before she knew it, Charity had arrived at the Siren's Song. Entering the crowded tavern, she took a seat at a nearby table and waved to Honey with a smile. She looked like an angel sitting there on the table in her dress with the fire illuminating her hair. Charity leaned back in her chair spellbound, unable to look away from the woman with the voice of a siren.

As Honey finished her final song and the patrons returned to their drinks, Charity rose out of her seat. She pushed her way past the tables to Honey and draped her arms over her shoulders. "Hey beautiful!" she said, placing a gentle kiss on Honeys lips that lasted a bit longer than it probably should have. "Another wonderful performance! Did you write those songs yourself?"

Charity spent a moment gazing into Honey's eyes. "Uh... Let's get you something to dink. I'm sure you must be parched after all that singing!" she said with a light blush. Charity took Honey's hand and helped her off the table, before leading her to the bar. "Ale for me," she said waving the barmaid over. "And..." Shit! She hadn't the faintest clue as to what kind of drinks Honey liked. "Uh... whatever she wants." Charity finished lamely gesturing towards her companion.

They talked for a few minutes before a a gruff voice boomed behind them. "Outta da way girlie! Yer time's up and I want a turn so yer gonna have ta get back in line!" a brawny man interrupted, placing a hand on Charity's shoulder and shaking a bag of coins at Honey. Charity turned to study the man out of the corner of her eye. "Sorry, but she's mine for the rest of the night. I'm sure one of the other girls would be more than happy help you though." she said calmly, shrugging his hand off. While she spoke calmly, the look in her eyes told an entirely different story, and the man quickly backed away.

Once the man had left, Charity turned her attention back to Honey. "Hey, let's go somewhere a little more private to talk. Can't have these dumbasses trying to steal you away from me all night!" she laughed.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Honey
Half way through one of her final songs, Honey caught sight of a familiar face that made her beam the brightest smile, also flushing slightly from embarrassment. Charity was here. Honey wondered, had she simply come in seeking a drink or had she actually sought her out. Instinctively, she hoped the latter were the case, but upon closer reflection, that probably wouldn't be for the best. In fact, it would probably be better for the pair to keep their distance after their previous encounter. Charity was a good kid. Honey was going to get her into trouble.

Still, once her final song had finished, she greeted Charity in her usual friendly manner. "Charity, sweet pea, what are you doing in a dank little hovel like this?" she asked, approaching the girl with arms open to wrap her in a friendly embrace... It seemed that Charity had another greeting in mind though. She completely neglected the friendly vibes and went straight for the kiss... Oh damn, what had Honey gone and done now?

She returned the kiss instinctively, but followed it up with an awkward little laugh, nervously rubbing the back of her neck. "Well, I'm happy to see you too! And yes, I wrote that one... Well, not wrote exactly, but I came up with the words at least." Honey couldn't write, so she just had to try her best to make up her own words and remember them as best she could, which meant the lyrics tended to change from performance to performance. Still, the song seemed to have gone down well.

"Well, I've been singing all night and I'm absolutely parched, so I certainly wouldn't say no to a drink," she accepted the kind offer as she followed Charity to the bar. "A red wine for me, if that's alright." ... Though, probably best not to order more than one, considering what happened the last time she got drunk.

"Sorry, but she's mine for the rest of the night. I'm sure one of the other girls would be more than happy help you though."

... Oh dear. This could become a problem. Not that Honey wasn't grateful to Charity for chasing that pig away. If anything, it was a massive relief to have someone stand up for her for once. Still, for a personal friend to be chasing off potential customers... Zilvra wouldn't like it. Not at all. Honey had to put a stop to this before things got out of hand.

"Hey, let's go somewhere a little more private to talk. Can't have these dumbasses trying to steal you away from me all night!"

"Good idea, sugar. What's say we take this outside?" upstairs would've been preferable, but Honey wasn't really supposed to use the rooms upstairs for anything besides business. Taking Charity by the hand, Honey led her through the crowds, weaving her way between the tables towards the back door and into the alley. Luckily all of the other girls had taken their customers upstairs, so they wouldn't be interrupting any overly enthusiastic lovers.

Once they were both outside, Honey closed the door behind her to make sure there wouldn't be any interruptions. "Hey, I'm really glad to see you again, Charity," Honey said sweetly. "I kind of... Wanted to apologise for last night. Sorry, I got a bit carried away. I tend to get a little over friendly when I've had a few too many drinks... But in my defence, it's really your own fault for kissing so damn well. Do you use some kind of lip salve? It's really tasty. Strawberry flavoured?" Honey teased in her usual playful tone, as if she felt absolutely no human attachments and everything was just a game to her.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne
Charity happily allowed Honey to lead her outside to an alleyway to chat.

"Hey, I'm really glad to see you again, Charity," Honey said sweetly. "I kind of... Wanted to apologise for last night. Sorry, I got a bit carried away. I tend to get a little over friendly when I've had a few too many drinks... But in my defence, it's really your own fault for kissing so damn well. Do you use some kind of lip salve? It's really tasty. Strawberry flavoured?" Honey teased in her usual playful tone, as if she felt absolutely no human attachments and everything was just a game to her.
"I'm glad I got to see you too! Urchin said this is where you could usually be found." Charity tilted her head in confusion as Honey apologized. A feeling that she was missing something important began nagging at her in the back of her mind.

"Its okay! Really! We both overdid it at the party, so no need to feel sorry!" Charity blushed as Honey complitmented her kissing. "Was my kiss really that good? I honestly didn't know what I was doing... Never really kissed anybody before... So I'm glad you enjoyed it! You're not too bad yourself! But you've had a lot of practice though haven't you? So what was I expecting?" Charity giggled.

"Yeah it was strawberry flavored salve! Eile bought it for me as a gift on one of her trips with Isak! Though she knows I don't usually use that kind of stuff..." Why was Honey acting like nothing had nothing had happened between them?

Suddenly, realization about what she had been missing hit Charity like a heavy hammer. "Oh god... Oh Honey... I'm so sorry... I guess I took what happened last night the wrong way..." Charity's face burned bright red in embarrassment and she scratched the back of her head. "We did have an awful lot to drink..." she mused. "Uh... Anyway... I-Its not like I thought you actually liked me or anything," she said slightly pouting. "I hope you didn't get the wrong idea either." Charity would give up all the loot in the world for Honey. But she wasn't about to tell Honey that. It just didn't seem like Honey shared the same feelings. A misunderstanding between friends... That's all it was. Well, that's what Charity tried to tell herself anyway.

Charity felt like a fool for believing that Honey actually liked her. But now they had both had a chance to sober up, Honey was back to treating Charity like they were just friends.

Even though she was thoroughly embarrassed, Charity didn't want her time with Honey so quickly. She desperately tried to think of something - anything - to keep the conversation going. "I didn't know you could play the lute! You're really good at it too! Have you been playing a long time?"

Last edited:
  • Cry
"Was my kiss really that good? I honestly didn't know what I was doing... Never really kissed anybody before.

"Wait, what?" Honey asked, sounding slightly horrified. "You've never kissed anyone before... Ever?" Well fuck! Now Honey felt awful. She had just chalked it all up to a drunken bit of fun. But this was the first kiss that Charity ever had and it had been with a drunken whore. Poor kid. She deserved so much better. "Oh Charity, I'm so sorry, I had no idea. I'd never have done anything like that if... Look, I feel awful, okay. I really shouldn't have assumed. Not everyone's a shameless slut like me after all. Damn. Your first kiss. I'm really sorry, love. It should've been something special." And there Honey went again making assumptions. Thinking that just because of the kind of woman she was, the experience for Charity wouldn't have been "special". Of course, Honey seriously underestimated just how much Charity liked her. After all, who would ever have feelings like that for a woman in her line of work?

"Uh... Anyway... I-Its not like I thought you actually liked me or anything,"

"Oh, darling, don't be silly, of course I like you!" Honey insisted, pulling Charity in for a hug. "Absolutely love you to bits! You're a perfect sweet heart! It's just... Well, you know what I'm like. Not exactly the kind of girl you want to bring home to meet your mother, am I? I mean, in my line of work, it doesn't matter who you like and who you don't like. It's all about who's got the coin in their pocket. There's always a different man every night. Feelings don't come into it. And romantic relationships... Well, they're just not a good idea. I know some of the other girls have tried it, and it just doesn't work. There's jealously and anger and tears and throwing things... It gets really messy. Trust me, you don't need that kind of drama in your life. You're a good kid. You deserve so much better. Someone that can give you everything without... You know... Work getting in the way."

Poor Charity. She was putting on a brave face, but she looked really, genuinely upset. What the hell had Honey done, playing with a nice girl's feelings like that? Reaching out, Honey tenderly took Charity's hand in hers. "Hey, why don't we finish our drinks and head somewhere a bit nicer? You know, somewhere the creeps won't bother us. I've already made enough coin with my songs tonight. The boss won't mind. We can play a few hands of cards or something. Have a nice friendly chat and get to know each other better. Put last night behind us." Maybe one of those drinking games. Honey was always up for a good drinking game... But no spin the bottle. DEFINITELY no spin the bottle.

• Cthuulove
"Oh Charity, I'm so sorry, I had no idea. I'd never have done anything like that if... Look, I feel awful, okay. I really shouldn't have assumed. Not everyone's a shameless slut like me after all. Damn. Your first kiss. I'm really sorry, love. It should've been something special."
Charity opened her mouth to protest, but no words came forth. She wanted to tell Honey that she wanted her first kiss to be with her. She wanted to comfort Honey and tell her just how special the kiss was and how much it meant to her. But now there was no way she could tell Honey any of that. Not when she clearly didn't feel the same way Charity did.

Well, you know what I'm like. Not exactly the kind of girl you want to bring home to meet your mother, am I?
That was true... Charity shuddered at the thought of telling her mother that she was in love with a prostitute. Gwendolyn might be happy that she was in love, but there was sure to be a discussion about not falling in the with the first beautiful woman she met. Especially about not falling for somebody in Honey's line of work.

And romantic relationships... Well, they're just not a good idea. I know some of the other girls have tried it, and it just doesn't work. There's jealously and anger and tears and throwing things... It gets really messy. Trust me, you don't need that kind of drama in your life. You're a good kid. You deserve so much better. Someone that can give you everything without... You know... Work getting in the way."
"Yeah... I can see the kinds of problems that could cause..." Charity sighed. She sipped her drink lost in her own thoughts. Why didn't Honey understand that just having her around was enough? Charity didn't need or want everything to be happy. As long as Honey kept coming home to her after work, that was all Charity needed.

"Hey, why don't we finish our drinks and head somewhere a bit nicer? You know, somewhere the creeps won't bother us. I've already made enough coin with my songs tonight. The boss won't mind. We can play a few hands of cards or something. Have a nice friendly chat and get to know each other better. Put last night behind us."
Charity recoiled slightly at Honey's touch, but nodded. "That sounds wonderful! I definitely need something to help me forget my embarrassment!" she halfheartedly joked. Finishing her drink, Charity followed Honey out the door. Dejectedly, she locked away her feelings for the woman and decided she was okay with just being friends.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"Yeah... I can see the kinds of problems that could cause..."

"I'm glad you understand," Honey told Charity. On the one hand, she was pleased that she seemed to be taking things so well. On other, there seemed to be an underlying sadness to Charity's words that had Honey feeling extremely guilty. Honestly, she wasn't sure why she felt so guilty about this. Getting people to fall for her was all part of her job, after all. She'd tricked dozens of young men into falling head over heels for her just so that she could take advantage of them, let them buy her all kinds of expensive gifts and then let them down with some bullshit story about how she wished she could run away with them and devote her entire life to making them happy, but she just wasn't good enough for them and they deserved so much better and blah, blah, blah. I hope we can still be friends... So long as you can still afford my time, of course.

With Charity it was different. She felt awful that the girl had feelings for her because of the stupid flirtatious way she'd acted... Maybe because she actually, genuinely liked Charity and had absolutely no intention of hurting the girl. After all, Charity was one of the few people in her life that genuinely seemed to respect her. The fact that she was a whore didn't seem to make any kind of difference in Charity's eyes. And she was so much fun to be around! ... Honey really should've known better than to fuck this up. Friends like Charity were rare, and she was more than willing to put in the effort to make fix things if it just meant that she could keep seeing her.

"That sounds wonderful! I definitely need something to help me forget my embarrassment!"

"Oh baby girl, you've got nothing at all to be ashamed of," Honey tried to reassure her. "Believe me 100% when I say this is all on me. I have a history of pulling stupid crap like that, and I should be smart enough now to know better. I don't know... I guess maybe I've been in this line of work so long that nothing really means anything anymore. I forget that not everyone is going to be some cold, heartless sex zombie like me." Honey tried to joke about it to lighten the mood, but didn't stop to think that maybe she was making things worse by insinuating that she didn't feel anything for Charity at all, which certainly wasn't the case.

"Come on then," she said as she finished off her drink, linking arms with Charity. "I'll make every man in here jealous when I walk out of this dump with the most beautiful girl in the room." And off the two went, arm in arm... Though where to, she wasn't sure. "Where to now then, the Raven Club?" she suggested, considering it was such a nice place filled with friendly faces, and Eilerias was always so generous with the alcohol. "Or if you'd rather it was just us, we could head to that place where you're staying... What was it called again?"

• Cthuulove
"Oh baby girl, you've got nothing at all to be ashamed of," Honey tried to reassure her. "Believe me 100% when I say this is all on me. I have a history of pulling stupid crap like that, and I should be smart enough now to know better. I don't know... I guess maybe I've been in this line of work so long that nothing really means anything anymore. I forget that not everyone is going to be some cold, heartless sex zombie like me."
"Who said anything about me being ashamed or embarrassed?" Charity snipped defensively. She immediately regretted her tone and sighed before speaking again. "Its all right. Really. No need to beat yourself up over it. I know you weren't trying to hurt my feelings and its my fault for taking what happened last night the wrong way."

Charity wasn't sure if she was trying to make Honey feel better about the situation, or trying to convince herself that kissing Honey had meant nothing to her. Regardless, she could sense that Honey honestly didn't have any feelings for her at all, and was trying to let her down gently.

"Come on then," she said as she finished off her drink, linking arms with Charity. "I'll make every man in here jealous when I walk out of this dump with the most beautiful girl in the room."
A light blush spread across Charity's face accompanied by a small scowl. It made her happy to have an alluring woman like Honey call her beautiful. At the same time she was particularly irritated that Honey could still flirt with her so casually after seeing how she felt.

"Where to now then, the Raven Club?" she suggested, considering it was such a nice place filled with friendly faces, and Eilerias was always so generous with the alcohol. "Or if you'd rather it was just us, we could head to that place where you're staying... What was it called again?"
"Umm... Lets go to my room at the Brass Bee. I think I've had enough of crowded taverns for one night." That and she didn't want her friends seeing her with Honey after the events of the previous evening and getting the wrong idea. And now that she knew that Honey didn't feel the same way about her, Charity just wanted to go home and forget about last night.

Charity led Honey to the small inn where she lived and up to the room she shared with Urchin. Fortunately the boy was out so Charity had the place to herself. "You thirsty?" she asked, unlinking her arm from Honey's. "Urchin has a bottle of rum if you want some of that. I also have some amazing wine that I got from Angel around here somewhere..." She rummaged around in a large wooden crate and produced the two bottles, setting them on a small table. Grabbing two glasses, Charity sat down and motioned for Honey to do the same.

"So... do you play at the Siren's song often?" Charity asked, trying to make polite conversation and doing her best to forget her feelings for the woman sitting across from her.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"Who said anything about me being ashamed or embarrassed?"

Despite Charity's snippy tone, Honey gave a little giggle at her question. "You did," she pointed out. "You said you needed something to forget your embarrassment... Or something like that. Not that you have anything to be embarrassed about. You're a phenomenal kisser, especially considering you haven't had any practice. Any man would be lucky to have the honors... Or woman for that matter. Whichever you prefer. Not that I've had much experience with women, but after last night, I'd say women make the better kissers for sure. Men's stubble gets really scratchy after a day or two without shaving. It's like rubbing your face on sand paper. Not nice."

"Umm... Lets go to my room at the Brass Bee. I think I've had enough of crowded taverns for one night."

"Brass Bee. That was the place," Urchin had told her that he was staying there, but she'd never actually seen the place herself. "Not sure the boy will be back until tomorrow. Zilvra's got him keeping watch on one of her "guests" from what I understand... Nothing to worry about, I promise. Not a trouble making kind of "guest" just a little late on paying their debts kind of "guest". Baby sitting job, really. Worst Urchin has to worry about is the poor guy pissing himself in terror." Definitely for the best. Urchin had been none too happy about the events of last night. He'd confided his feelings for Charity to her, and now Honey had gone and broken his little heart all over a stupid game. To be fair, it probably did the boy good in the long run, to accept that Charity just didn't feel that way about him, but Honey could certainly have been a little more tactful.

"You thirsty?" she asked, unlinking her arm from Honey's. "Urchin has a bottle of rum if you want some of that. I also have some amazing wine that I got from Angel around here somewhere..."

"I would not say no to some wine," Honey told Charity as she plopped herself down beside her. She was walking on thin ice with Urchin as it was without rubbing salt in the wound by stealing the boy's rum supply.

"So... do you play at the Siren's song often?"

"Hmm..." Honey mumbled as Charity poured her a drink. "What's say we make a little game out of it?" she suggested playfully. "No bottle spinning this time. Call it a getting to know each other better game. It's called truth and lies. Basically, each player tells two stories about themselves. One is true and the other is a lie. The other player has to guess which story is the lie. If they get it right, the story teller has to drink. If they get it wrong, then they need to drink... Wonder which one of us is the best liar!" Honey said excitedly. She was generally very good at these games. Let's see if she could drink Charity under the table.

"My turn first!" she suggested. "Story 1: I play at the Siren's song every every Tuesday and Saturday evening. Story 2: I once saw a real life Mûmakil up close." ... Let's see just how sharp Charity was.

• Cthuulove
Despite Charity's snippy tone, Honey gave a little giggle at her question. "You did," she pointed out. "You said you needed something to forget your embarrassment... Or something like that. Not that you have anything to be embarrassed about. You're a phenomenal kisser, especially considering you haven't had any practice. Any man would be lucky to have the honors... Or woman for that matter. Whichever you prefer. Not that I've had much experience with women, but after last night, I'd say women make the better kissers for sure.
There she went again. To Charity it was beginning feel like Honey was rubbing the fact that she didn't share Charity's feelings in her face with all the flirting. Charity sighed to herself and told herself that Honey couldn't help but flirt with everyone she met.

"Not sure the boy will be back until tomorrow. Zilvra's got him keeping watch on one of her "guests" from what I understand... Nothing to worry about, I promise. Not a trouble making kind of "guest" just a little late on paying their debts kind of "guest". Baby sitting job, really. Worst Urchin has to worry about is the poor guy pissing himself in terror."
Uh oh.... That was going to be a problem. When Charity brought Honey home with her, she was banking on the fact that Urchin would return at some point. She had been hoping that Urchin returning home would give Honey the hint that it was time for her to go. Charity wasn't sure she could bring herself to ask Honey to leave.

In all honesty she had dreamed of this exact situation many times before. But in her dreams Honey was in love with her and they were there for something less... wholesome... than a friendly chat. Instead Charity's dream had come true in a sleepover-with-a-best-friend kind of way.

"Hmm..." Honey mumbled as Charity poured her a drink. "What's say we make a little game out of it?" she suggested playfully. "No bottle spinning this time. Call it a getting to know each other better game. It's called truth and lies. Basically, each player tells two stories about themselves. One is true and the other is a lie. The other player has to guess which story is the lie. If they get it right, the story teller has to drink. If they get it wrong, then they need to drink... Wonder which one of us is the best liar!" Honey said excitedly.
What was with this woman and making everything onto a drinking game? "Ooh! Fun!" Charity chirped doing her best to not appear like she was upset anymore. "But let's not over do it this time!" she giggled.

"My turn first!" she suggested. "Story 1: I play at the Siren's song every every Tuesday and Saturday evening. Story 2: I once saw a real life Mûmakil up close."
"Hmm... I will guess that you play every Tuesday and Saturday is the truth!" Charity took a small sip of her wine as she waited for Honeys response.

"Okay! Okay! My turn! One! I don't really like stealing things or... Two! I hate the taste of alcohol but I love how it makes me feel!"

• Cthuulove
"Hmm... I will guess that you play every Tuesday and Saturday is the truth!"

"Ha! I win!" Honey declared happily. Looked like Charity had to take the first drink. "I play there on Wednesday and Saturday evenings." And that's why she was so good at these games. She deliberately made the lies extremely believable so that people would automatically assume they were true. "And yes, I did actually see a real Mûmakil. My family used to travel a lot. My father tried to get me to ride one with him but I was so terrified that I cried my eyes out and squirmed until he gave up. For the best really. Knowing how clumsy I get, I probably would've fallen off and died." It was a very fond memory that she had, despite the fact that she was in tears at the time.

"Okay! Okay! My turn! One! I don't really like stealing things or... Two! I hate the taste of alcohol but I love how it makes me feel!"

"Oh, that's easy!" Honey declared automatically. "You absolutely love stealing things. I can tell. I'm guessing you get a real high from the feeling of getting away with it! And nothing beats the thrill of finding more in a pocket than you were expecting. I should know by now, considering how much our boy brags about it whenever he gets a good haul. I think he feels a little bad about the people he feels from, but he's been at it so long that he doesn't let that bother him anymore... Now you, Miss Charity, are even worse!" Honey made an educated guess based on the girl's personality. "You don't even feel bad for your marks. It's all a game to you. And if they lose the game, well, that's their own fault for not paying attention... So, I guess you don't like the taste of alcohol." Honey finished her guess before lowering her voice to a whisper as if sharing a secret. "But, to be honest, I don't think anyone does. I think all the wine and champagne snobs are just faking it."

Honey would either drink or not according to Charity's reply, but she was pretty certain of her answer.

"Okay, my turn..." Honey thought for awhile as she considered what sort of truth and lie to tell. This was supposed to be a game of getting to know each other better after all. Perhaps the statements should be personal ones. "Alright... 1. I've never been in love. 2. I've never been engaged." Now, this should be a relatively obvious sounding one. After all, how could she have gotten engaged if she wasn't in love?

"Ha! I win!" Honey declared happily. Looked like Charity had to take the first drink. "I play there on Wednesday and Saturday evenings."
"Aww!" Charity groaned. She downed what remained in her glass and refilled it. A subtle tingling sensation spread through her. The wine was much stronger than most and if she wasn't careful, she would wind up as wasted as the night before.

"And yes, I did actually see a real Mûmakil. My family used to travel a lot. My father tried to get me to ride one with him but I was so terrified that I cried my eyes out and squirmed until he gave up. For the best really. Knowing how clumsy I get, I probably would've fallen off and died."
"That's so cute! I bet you were an adorable child!" Charity was jealous. She had only seen pictures of Mûmakil in Gwen's books, but never in person. Charity made a mental note to ask Honey more about her past sometime.

Oh, that's easy!" Honey declared automatically. "You absolutely love stealing things. I can tell. I'm guessing you get a real high from the feeling of getting away with it! And nothing beats the thrill of finding more in a pocket than you were expecting.
Charity sat quietly doing her best to not give anything away. But Honey knew her too well.
Now you, Miss Charity, are even worse!" Honey made an educated guess based on the girl's personality. "You don't even feel bad for your marks. It's all a game to you. And if they lose the game, well, that's their own fault for not paying attention... So, I guess you don't like the taste of alcohol."
"Fuck!" Charity cursed with a grin. "No fair! You're too good at this!" she grumbled after taking a long drink. Granted it had been an easy question... Anybody who knew her knew that she had sticky fingers and couldn't resist stealing things.

"Alright... 1. I've never been in love. 2. I've never been engaged."
Charity pondered for a moment before answering. How could Honey been engaged if she had never been in love? But maybe it was a trick question. Arranged marriages were certainly a thing she had heard about.

"I'll guess that you have been in love but never engaged." Charity hoped she was right. At this rate she would end up drink the whole bottle. If she was right, who had Honey been in love with? Charity obviously wasn't her type so what was?

"Okay! My turn again! Hmm... Let's see... Oh I know! One! I have seven sisters! Or two! As a child I dreamed of being a pirate and sailing the seas and looting!" Charity hoped the answer wouldn't be so clear this time.

Last edited:
  • Bless
"That's so cute! I bet you were an adorable child!"

Honey giggled sweetly at that. "Well, I imagine my parents would beg to differ. From what I remember, I was a bit of a spoilt brat, to be honest. Very stubborn. Always ended up getting my own way." Truthfully though, her parents were a little biased and would probably both agree that she was a delight... That is, if she ever managed to find her parents again. That was the trouble when it came to travelling families. When you got separated, you had no where to look for them. No home to go back to. All you could do was wait and hope that eventually they showed up again... By now, Honey had been waiting for the past seven or eight years. Still, there was always hope.

"Fuck!" Charity cursed with a grin. "No fair! You're too good at this!"

"You made it too easy!" Honey objected. "You really expect anyone to take one look at that mischievous little face of yours and believe for a second that you don't love stealing? You were born for it, sweet pea. Absolutely born for it!"

"I'll guess that you have been in love but never engaged."

"Wrong again!" Honey replied with a wicked little grin. "I've actually never been in love before, but I somehow managed to get myself accidentally engaged," she admitted, looking slightly embarrassed. "It was a client see. Middle aged man, one of those long time bachelors. Really sweet guy but very in denial about the dynamics of our relationship. Think the poor guy was a little obsessed with me. Anyway, he invited me to a really nice place for dinner one night, and I'm obviously not going to turn down a free meal... Lo and behold, the guy's entire family was there! He'd actually told all of them that he was courting me, and failed to mention my... You know... Occupation. They all thought that we were seriously involved. So, I sat there all night, absolutely mortified. Could barely eat a thing, I was so humiliated. Then, just when I think things can't get any worse, this absolute love sick fool gets down on one knee with a ring and asks me to marry him! Before I can even react, his whole family are jumping up and down like an army of monkeys congratulating us as if I actually said yes! I was just in this shocked state of silence and never actually got to respond. So, there I am, white as a sheet, as his mother and sister start making wedding plans and asking what my favourite flowers are. And since I have no idea what to say, I just kind of... Awkwardly go along with it for the rest of the night! All the while, this poor guy has his arm around me talking about how this is the happiest day of his life. I think he was even crying with joy at one point. I felt horrible! I just waited around for hours until his whole family had left, and then when he starts talking about where we're going to live and how many children we're going to have, I kind of sheepishly speak up to point out that I never actually said yes... The rest of the night was... Let's just say easily one of the worst nights of my life. I'd never felt so guilty in my whole life! ... Oh, you want to know the best part though? I was such a bundle of nerves that night that I completely forgot about the ring and walked out of the restaurant still wearing it! Obviously I couldn't face him again after breaking the poor guy's heart like that, so I just sold it and kept the coin. Bloody thing was worth a fortune! Made me feel even more guilty, but sure as hell not enough to take it back." Granted, at the time, this had been the most mortifying experience of her life, but the whole while she spoke of it, she couldn't keep from laughing, despite how embarrassing the story was.

"No, never been in love though," she admitted, almost sadly. "When you work in my field, love never works out, and I just... I don't know, I've never really met a man I feel that way about. Probably because I'm too suspicious. This kind of work definitely leaves you jaded. You don't dream of knights in shining armour once you find out what the knights are really like when the armour comes off." Perhaps that's why she preferred women's company so much more. She'd been hurt by so many men that she just didn't trust them anymore.

"Okay! My turn again! Hmm... Let's see... Oh I know! One! I have seven sisters! Or two! As a child I dreamed of being a pirate and sailing the seas and looting!" Charity hoped the answer wouldn't be so clear this time.

Poor Charity, at this rate she was going to end up completely shit-faced while Honey stayed sober as a nun. Well, Urchin had certainly never mentioned any sisters that Charity might have, so. "Definitely the second one. I can totally imagine you as a pirate! Shivering timbers and swashing buckles all day. You'd be good at it! And you'd look irresistible in a pair of those knee-high pirate boots."

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"Wrong again!" Honey replied with a wicked little grin. "I've actually never been in love before, but I somehow managed to get myself accidentally engaged," she admitted, looking slightly embarrassed.
"God damn it!" Charity exclaimed, and threw herself back in her chair, nearly spilling her wine. She chugged the wine like she was competing in a drinking contest before slamming the glass down on the table.

Charity laughed loudly as her friend regaled her with the the story of how she had been accidentally engaged, and threw her arm around Honey's waist and leaned her head against the woman, giggling like an idiot.

"No, never been in love though," she admitted, almost sadly. "When you work in my field, love never works out, and I just... I don't know, I've never really met a man I feel that way about. Probably because I'm too suspicious. This kind of work definitely leaves you jaded. You don't dream of knights in shining armour once you find out what the knights are really like when the armour comes off."
"Yeah... And even if you did fall in love with somebody, it would likely be one-sided. I highly doubt the men that you meet are looking for anything more a quick fuck." Charity agreed sadly. "Men are more trouble than they're worth really... Once you find out what's underneath, its rarely good."

Charity's face returned to its usual bright cheerfulness. "They don't know what they're missing out on though. You're excellent company too! I've enjoyed every second we've spent together! And my pants have stayed on the entire time!" she added with a giggle.

"Definitely the second one. I can totally imagine you as a pirate! Shivering timbers and swashing buckles all day. You'd be good at it! And you'd look irresistible in a pair of those knee-high pirate boots."
"WRONG!" Charity said raising her free arm into the air. "Yes! Finally! Drink up babe!" She watched with glee as Honey drank her wine. "I do have seven sisters! Not sure if Urchin knows about 'em, but its true!"

"Do you really think I would look good in pirate boots? I'm sure I would feel cute wearing them. Loose blouse blowing in the wind, pirate hat and knee-high boots... Now that I think about it, I would make an adorable pirate!"
Charity paused her stream of words, red faced and out of breath.

"Anyway... Its your turn. Go on!" Charity untangled herself from Honey and sat up to refill their glasses. The room around her suddenly began to spin. "Woah... H-Hey... you go ahead and take your turn... I t-think... I-I think I need to lay down..." she said with a loud hiccup, stumbling her way over to her bed and flopping down on it. "Don't mind m-me. I'll just play f-from over here!" Charity called over to Honey with another loud hiccup.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"God damn it!"

Honey giggled immaturely as Charity sulked. Awh! How sweet! She was a sore loser! That made the game so much more fun! Now Honey could tease her and push her buttons to make her do the pouty face! Charity had the cutest pouty face!

"Men are more trouble than they're worth really... Once you find out what's underneath, its rarely good."

"Ah, you get some good ones!" Honey objected on the male gender's behalf. "Problem is, all of the good ones know to stay well away from trouble making women like me."

"They don't know what they're missing out on though. You're excellent company too! I've enjoyed every second we've spent together! And my pants have stayed on the entire time!"

"Awh! You little cutie!" Honey declared, throwing her arms around Charity. "You know, I've changed my mind, you're right! We're so much better than men. Let's go into the forest and build a big tree city filled only with gorgeous women where no men are allowed! We can eat grapes and wear flowers in our hair and swim naked in the lake, and if any men show up, we get to sacrifice them to our ten-titted Goddess! Think we can convince Eile to come? She'll have to leave Isak behind, but who cares? We're more fun than him anyway."

"WRONG!" Charity said raising her free arm into the air. "Yes! Finally! Drink up babe!" She watched with glee as Honey drank her wine. "I do have seven sisters! Not sure if Urchin knows about 'em, but its true!"

"Well bugger me, I never would've guessed that!" Honey declared, sounding genuinely surprised before finally draining her wine glass. "Tell me about them! What are they like? I'm going to guess you're the youngest?" Honey made that guess based on Charity's rather carefree nature. She didn't seem like the type to be weighed down with responsibility, so Honey doubted that she'd ever had any younger siblings to take care of.

"Do you really think I would look good in pirate boots? I'm sure I would feel cute wearing them. Loose blouse blowing in the wind, pirate hat and knee-high boots... Now that I think about it, I would make an adorable pirate!"

"You certainly would," Honey agreed easily. "Oh, I've changed my mind! No living in the forest. Let's make an all female pirate crew! We'll have our own little paradise island somewhere where we bury all our treasure. And you'll be the Pirate Queen, of course."

"Anyway... Its your turn. Go on!"

Honey giggled as Charity threw herself down on the bed, getting up from her chair and walking over to plop herself on the bed next to Charity, "You a bit dizzy, baby girl?" Honey asked sweetly, gently patting Charity on the head while she tried to think of some stories of her own. An easy one this time, before poor Charity passed out. "Okay, first story. I give the best head massages in the world. Or second... I once kicked the King of Vel Anir in the balls."

"Awh! You little cutie!" Honey declared, throwing her arms around Charity. "You know, I've changed my mind, you're right! We're so much better than men. Let's go into the forest and build a big tree city filled only with gorgeous women where no men are allowed! We can eat grapes and wear flowers in our hair and swim naked in the lake, and if any men show up, we get to sacrifice them to our ten-titted Goddess! Think we can convince Eile to come? She'll have to leave Isak behind, but who cares? We're more fun than him anyway."
"Yes!" Charity declared happily. "And don't forget making friends with all the forest creatures!" Though she wasn't sure about being naked in front of the other women. There was a good possibility that she would become envious of them after comparing... assets. Nope! No thank you! Charity decided she'd much rather stay fully clothed and would prefer others to stay that way too.

Charity laughed as Honey suggested they bring Eile along."Angel? Leave Isak behind? No way! I doubt that there's anything that would make her leave him behind for a colony of naked women! They're atatched at the hip! Sometimes I wonder if one would be able to function without the other around!"

"Well bugger me, I never would've guessed that!" Honey declared, sounding genuinely surprised before finally draining her wine glass. "Tell me about them! What are they like? I'm going to guess you're the youngest?"
"Yup! Its true! But I've only met two of them. One I grew up with and she trained me how to fight. The other one tried to kill me! I have such loving siblings. And I am the youngest. Well, I was until Daddy adopted Eile."

"You certainly would," Honey agreed easily. "Oh, I've changed my mind! No living in the forest. Let's make an all female pirate crew! We'll have our own little paradise island somewhere where we bury all our treasure. And you'll be the Pirate Queen, of course."
Charity gasped with excitement. "We would be the prettiest bunch of sea dogs those scurvy men ever laid eyes on! They wouldnt be able to help but hand over all their loot!" If there was one thing that got Charity excited, it was loot!

"You a bit dizzy, baby girl?" Honey asked sweetly, gently patting Charity on the head while she tried to think of some stories of her own. An easy one this time, before poor Charity passed out. "Okay, first story. I give the best head massages in the world. Or second... I once kicked the King of Vel Anir in the balls."
"No!" Charity pouted. "I feel just f-fine! NotlikeIjustdrankalmostawholebottleofwineoranything!" She snuggled up to Honey and rested her head on her, trying to hide her embarrassment for being drunk in front of her friend for the second night in a row. Throwing an arm over Honey, Charity pulled herself in closer until she was tightly pressed against the woman.

A sweet scent surrounded Charity as she lay against Honey. It was like flowers and candy mixed together but it wasn't overpowering. It was intoxicating yet comforting at the same time.

"I hope that its true that you give the best head massages! My head is killing me!" Charity groaned.

"Umm... My turn I guess..." Charity struggled to think coherent thoughts, let alone two more stories. "Ughhhh! Okay... One! Cats are my favorite animal. Or two! I am allergic to furry animals!" It was very basic pair of stories but she couldn't do much else in her state.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"Yes!" Charity declared happily. "And don't forget making friends with all the forest creatures!"

"Of course, that's the best part," Honey agreed cheerfully, quite happy crafting this lovely little fantasy world. "First thing we're going to do is get you a pet squirrel. We'll teach him to sit on your shoulder and steal shiny things for you. He shall be called Nutsy."

Angel? Leave Isak behind? No way! I doubt that there's anything that would make her leave him behind for a colony of naked women! They're atatched at the hip! Sometimes I wonder if one would be able to function without the other around!"

"You sure? Awh, that's a shame," Honey said, disappointed that their imaginary world wasn't going to plan. "If her baby turns out to be a girl, we could've made her our fairy princess and make her crowns out of ivy and flowers every day... That said, the baby might turn out to be a boy, and I don't much want to sacrifice a baby to our Goddess. Probably for the best."

"Yup! Its true! But I've only met two of them. One I grew up with and she trained me how to fight. The other one tried to kill me! I have such loving siblings. And I am the youngest. Well, I was until Daddy adopted Eile."

"Oh, I see, they're adopted sisters! Hell, I was thinking, seven girls, your mother must've been VERY busy. This makes much more sense. But I had no idea that Eile was your sister! How did I not know that? Oh, you are so lucky, I would love Eilerias as a sister! You two must have the best girls nights." On the rare occasions that Charity could pry Eilerias away from Isak, of course.

"I hope that its true that you give the best head massages! My head is killing me!"

"Damn right," Honey agreed, crossing her legs and patting them. "Come on, rest your head on my lap, I'll teach you," she suggested, gently lifting poor Charity's aching head onto her lap. "You've got to be really slow and gentle," Honey explained, performing all the actions as she listed them. "Start with rubbing the temples, that always helps to relieve headaches. Run your fingers through the client's hair and use your finger tips to draw tiny little circles. And don't forget the back of the neck. That's the best bit. If you stroke it really, really gently, it gets really ticklish," Honey told Charity, very softly stroking the back of Charity's neck to demonstrate.

"Ughhhh! Okay... One! Cats are my favorite animal. Or two! I am allergic to furry animals!"

"Hmm..." Honey muttered thoughtfully. "Well, I suppose either of those could be true. Though if you're allergic to fluffy animals, then that has to be the saddest thing I've ever heard in my life. To never be able to pet a puppy... No, that can't be true. You're a much too happy person. Surely you'd be in a state of constant depression if you couldn't stroke a puppy." Could there be any worse fate in life worse than to be forced to walk past a litter of puppies and not pet them? Surely no God would be that cruel!

"I can definitely see cats being your favourite animals," Honey decided. "I would've personally guessed fox, because they're sly and sneaky and love to steal things. But a cat also definitely suits you. They're independent, go where they please and do what they want. I remember mother saying once that a dog is the most loyal pet a man can have... And a man is the most loyal pet that a cat can have. I think that's pretty accurate. They treat us more or less like slaves who live only to pet them and feed them and open doors for them. But who can resist? They're so fluffy!"

Honey wasn't really certain of her answer, but she would drink or not drink depending on Charity's response, then get back to giving Charity her head massage, mostly focussing on stroking her hair and the back of her neck. That was definitely the best part.

Now for her turn... Hmm... Should she? Shouldn't she? She'd been contemplating the idea for awhile, but wasn't sure whether to go with it or not. She could end up in trouble if this went down the wrong way... Oh, what the hell? "Story 1: I have a deep, dark, unbelievable secret that only Urchin knows... Story 2: Urchin has a deep, dark, unbelievable secret that only I know." Of course, she had her own reasoning for presenting these two stories... She wanted to know if Charity knew the little secret!

• Cthuulove
"You sure? Awh, that's a shame," Honey said, disappointed that their imaginary world wasn't going to plan. "If her baby turns out to be a girl, we could've made her our fairy princess and make her crowns out of ivy and flowers every day... That said, the baby might turn out to be a boy, and I don't much want to sacrifice a baby to our Goddess. Probably for the best."
"Baby Lavelle the Fairy Princess! That sounds so cuuute! I bet we could get Eile to go along with that! Unless its a boy... But I would hate to sacrifice him..."

"Oh, I see, they're adopted sisters! Hell, I was thinking, seven girls, your mother must've been VERY busy. This makes much more sense. But I had no idea that Eile was your sister! How did I not know that? Oh, you are so lucky, I would love Eilerias as a sister! You two must have the best girls nights."
"Yeah all adopted! I don't think Gwen could handle that many daughters all at once! Elle can be a bit of a handful, and don't even get me started on all the trouble I cause her!"

"Start with rubbing the temples, that always helps to relieve headaches. Run your fingers through the client's hair and use your finger tips to draw tiny little circles. And don't forget the back of the neck. That's the best bit. If you stroke it really, really gently, it gets really ticklish," Honey told Charity, very softly stroking the back of Charity's neck to demonstrate.
"Mmm..." Charity sighed contentedly as Honey rubbed the back of her neck and ran her fingers through her hair. The pain in her head receded and she could think a bit more clearly.

"Story 1: I have a deep, dark, unbelievable secret that only Urchin knows... Story 2: Urchin has a deep, dark, unbelievable secret that only I know."
"Oh... I haven't a clue... Urchin tells me everything so I find it hard to believe that he's hiding something from me. I'll say that you have a secret that only Urchin knows." Whether she was right or wrong, Charity had nothing more to drink, so instead she cuddled up closer to Honey.

A strange tingling sensation slowly built up in Charity as Honey massaged her neck and played with her hair. It wasn't an entirely unfamiliar feeling. She had first felt it the night before when she had kissed Honey. But this time it was stronger and MUCH more urgent. Charity wanted to reach up and gently pull Honey down to her. And not just for a kiss this time. No! Not letting that happen again! she thought. The last thing she needed to do right now was to make another move on the woman who had no feelings for her.

"H-Hey... I think I feel b-better now... Thanks Hun!" Charity stammered, her face bright red. She quickly rolled over onto her back and looked up into Honey's beautiful face.

"Ok! My turn!" Charity's words came out slurred and she felt the tingling slowly melting away. "One! My first love was a boy from a rival family. Or two! My first love was my childhood best friend Emma!"

Last edited:
"Yeah all adopted! I don't think Gwen could handle that many daughters all at once! Elle can be a bit of a handful, and don't even get me started on all the trouble I cause her!"

Honey giggled at that, "I bet you do at that," she said as she fondly ruffled Charity's hair. "So what's your mother like? Do the two of you get along? She must be a really loving woman to adopt so many children." Of course, Honey didn't stop to think that there may be a more sinister motive behind these adoptions. She was picturing a sweet old lady knitting in a rocking chair, being driven to her wits end from constantly bailing Charity out of jail. "So, you're adopted to then?" she asked with a touch of sensitivity. "What about your birth parents? What happened to them?" Poor Charity. She must've been either orphaned or abandoned. Honey'd had absolutely no idea. She seemed so happy all the time.

"Oh... I haven't a clue... Urchin tells me everything so I find it hard to believe that he's hiding something from me. I'll say that you have a secret that only Urchin knows."

Oh dear! Looks like Urchin hadn't told her yet. "Wrong again, I'm afraid. Make sure you drink lots of water before you go to sleep or you're going to have a killer hangover," Honey advised as she took Charity's glass and went to fetch her more to drink. Looked like they were going to have to loot poor Urchin's rum stash after all.

Well that was a bad idea. Now Charity knew that Urchin had a secret and she probably wouldn't rest until she pried it out of him. Oh well, probably for the best. She was his best friend after all. If anyone deserved to know, it was her. "And no, before you ask, I'm not telling! Sorry love, but it's not my secret to tell. You'll just have to find out yourself." Hopefully continuing the massage would be a suitable retribution for keeping her in the dark.

"H-Hey... I think I feel b-better now... Thanks Hun!"

"Oh... Well I guess I really am that good if my massages cure headaches," Honey said, quite pleased with her handy work. "You want to try?" Honey asked, turning around so her back was facing Charity. "Everyone loves a good head massage. I bet Eile would appreciate them whenever the pregnancy gets too stressful."

"One! My first love was a boy from a rival family. Or two! My first love was my childhood best friend Emma!"

Ah, so Charity had a first love! But no first kiss, so it must've been a puppy love romance. How adorable. "Hmm..." Honey mumbled as she thought about it. Well, it was apparently that Charity clearly had a preference for girls. "Your childhood best friend Emma?" Charity asked hopefully... But if that was the case then why didn't things work out? Unrequited love, maybe? What a tragedy! After all, who wouldn't fall in love with such a little sweetheart like Charity?

Honey still had some wine left in her glass, so if she got it wrong, she'd be finishing it off. If not, Charity would have to dig deeper into Urchin's rum supply.

"Alright, what shall I do for this one?" she wondered aloud as she tried to think of good stories. Maybe another embarrassing story from work. Those were always fun! "Okay, story 1: I once broke up a marriage between a husband and wife when they found out that they were both having affairs with me behind each others backs. Story 2: I once accidentally got booked for the wrong kind of party and was interrupted mid-lap dance when a group of very disgruntled young men explained that they had actually requested a male dancer."

• Cthuulove
Honey giggled at that, "I bet you do at that," she said as she fondly ruffled Charity's hair. "So what's your mother like? Do the two of you get along? She must be a really loving woman to adopt so many children."
"She's incredible! The strongest and most beautiful woman I've ever met! We get along alright as we're honest with her about things. I remember when Eile and Isak tried to hide their relationship from her. It was a complete shitshow when she found out."

"Not sure how she is with my other sisters, but I know she loves Eile and I deeply!"

"So, you're adopted to then?" she asked with a touch of sensitivity. "What about your birth parents? What happened to them?"
"No idea... Apparently I was an orphan living on the streets when Daddy found me. He said he didn't know what happened to my real parents either when I asked him."

"Wrong again, I'm afraid. Make sure you drink lots of water before you go to sleep or you're going to have a killer hangover,"
"Gaaahhhh!" Charity grumbled as she took the glass offered to her and drank. Rum?! she thought as she winced at the strong taste. That was a bottle of the strongest stuff Urchin could find! Was Honey trying to get her even more drunk? Or was Charity just that bad at this game?

"Oh... Well I guess I really am that good if my massages cure headaches," Honey said, quite pleased with her handy work. "You want to try?" Honey asked, turning around so her back was facing Charity. "Everyone loves a good head massage. I bet Eile would appreciate them whenever the pregnancy gets too stressful."
Still spluttering from her drink, Charity merely nodded. She did her best to mimic what Honey had done to her, hoping she wasn't causing her pain.

"Hmm..." Honey mumbled as she thought about it. Well, it was apparently that Charity clearly had a preference for girls. "Your childhood best friend Emma?"
Charity glared at the back of Honey's head. "What the hell!? Am I really that bad at this?" She sighed and swung her legs over the said of the bed. "This game's the fuckin' worst!" Charity pouted as she got up and retrieved the bottle of rum.

She returned to the bed and sat back down next to Honey leaning against the headboard. Charity took a swig out of the bottle. "Yeah... My first love was Em. Super sweet girl. Very caring and loving. Not at all put off by my tomboyish personality like most of the other girls were."

"I think I was about ten years old when I first realized I liked her as more than a friend. But she was the daughter of a wealthy merchant, and by then her future had already been decided for her."

"A few years ago, she was forced to marry a man she barely knew. Haven't seen or heard from her since and never got the chance to find out if she felt the same way..." Charity's face clouded over as she became lost in thought.

"Okay, story 1: I once broke up a marriage between a husband and wife when they found out that they were both having affairs with me behind each others backs. Story 2: I once accidentally got booked for the wrong kind of party and was interrupted mid-lap dance when a group of very disgruntled young men explained that they had actually requested a male dancer."
Charity had only been partially listening as Honey spoke. "Oh... Umm... Story two I guess? Those are both good and its too hard to decide."

She waited for Honey's answer before taking her turn. "Umm... Uhhh..." Charity tried to think of something, anything, but couldn't. All she could think of right then was Emma. "Ok... I give up! You win!" She gave Honey a soft smile and they sat in silence for a bit. "Mind if we just talk for a while?" Charity asked, breaking the silence. "Trying to come up with stories is startin' to make my head hurt again..."

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"She's incredible! The strongest and most beautiful woman I've ever met! We get along alright as we're honest with her about things. I remember when Eile and Isak tried to hide their relationship from her. It was a complete shitshow when she found out."

"Awh, bless," Honey said happily. "She sounds amazing. Would love to meet her sometime... Though maybe that's not the best idea. I wouldn't want her to think I was corrupting her innocent little daughter." Honey teased, as if Charity were a virtuous saint herself.

"No idea... Apparently I was an orphan living on the streets when Daddy found me. He said he didn't know what happened to my real parents either when I asked him."

"So, you don't remember them at all?" Honey asked gently. "Not even a little? How old were you when your father found you?" She must've been really young to have no memory of her birth parents at all. But perhaps that was for the best. If she was found wondering alone in the streets at such a young age... Well, they couldn't have been particularly diligent.

As Charity started to massage Honey's head, Honey leaned back, resting her head on Charity's lap. "That's really nice. You're a natural. Remember to make really small circles with your fingers, or else you'll end up getting the hair all tangled." This was nice. She hadn't had a head massage in forever. After all, her job was about fulfilling the needs of others, so her own desires were pretty much entirely overlooked. It was so nice to have someone being attentive to her for once. Made her feel special.

"What the hell!? Am I really that bad at this?" She sighed and swung her legs over the said of the bed. "This game's the fuckin' worst!"

Honey couldn't help but laugh wickedly at Charity's sulky reaction. It was so cute! And while Charity might not be enjoying the game, Honey certainly was. There were sore losers and there were cocky winners, and Honey was most definitely a cocky winner. And she would go out of her way to let the losers know that she was enjoying her victory.

As Charity told the tragic story of her first love, Honey listened attentively, reacting with the appropriate sad face. "That's awful!" Honey declared when Charity explained the arranged marriage. "But do you still know where she lives? Do you have anyway to get hold of her? I say we break in there and rescue her! Her husband's probably boring as sin. I bet a visit from her best friend would be the most fun she's had in years! Let's kidnap her and take her out dancing with us!" Of course, this plan would probably not go nearly so well if they actually attempted it, but the idea was fun. That was the problem with Honey. Full of loads of fun ideas. None of them practical.

"Oh... Umm... Story two I guess? Those are both good and its too hard to decide."

"You got it!" Honey declared, finishing off the rest of the wine in her glass. "It was extremely embarrassing. I just sort of timidly put my clothes back on and tried to lighten the mood with humor... The men were not amused... I did not get paid. Still more fun than the night of the accidental engagement."

"Ok... I give up! You win!" She gave Honey a soft smile and they sat in silence for a bit. "Mind if we just talk for a while?" Charity asked, breaking the silence. "Trying to come up with stories is startin' to make my head hurt again..."

"That's okay, sweet pea," Honey reassured her. "Yeah, I think the game's run it's course for now. Let's just talk. What do you want to talk about, baby girl? You got anything on your mind?"

• Cthuulove
"Awh, bless," Honey said happily. "She sounds amazing. Would love to meet her sometime... Though maybe that's not the best idea. I wouldn't want her to think I was corrupting her innocent little daughter."
"Oh I'm sure she would love to meet you! And she already knows I'm corrupted... She had a hand in that you know! Taught me how to make illusions with magic so I could trick people!"

"So, you don't remember them at all?" Honey asked gently. "Not even a little? How old were you when your father found you?"
"Nope! No recollection of them whatsoever. I must've been five I think when Daddy found me. I vaguely remember the day but only in little tiny bits and pieces. All I really remember is that a strange, but kind man offered to take me home and take care of me. I was young and nobody had ever warned me about strangers, so I grabbed his hand, and got in the carriage with him. A pretty lady let me sit on her lap and she hugged me the whole way there. She made me feel nice and safe. I'm not sure why but I didn't feel at all afraid. Can't say for sure who the nice lady was... All the faces are kinda blurry in my memory."

"That's awful!" Honey declared when Charity explained the arranged marriage. "But do you still know where she lives? Do you have anyway to get hold of her? I say we break in there and rescue her! Her husband's probably boring as sin. I bet a visit from her best friend would be the most fun she's had in years! Let's kidnap her and take her out dancing with us!"
"All I know for sure is that that she was married into one of the merchant houses in Vel Anir. Doubt I could remember which one even if I tried. I would love to see her again and I think you'd really like her! But I don't think those rich idiots would appreciate us breaking down their doors one by one to look for her..."
"You got it!" Honey declared, finishing off the rest of the wine in her glass. "It was extremely embarrassing. I just sort of timidly put my clothes back on and tried to lighten the mood with humor... The men were not amused... I did not get paid. Still more fun than the night of the accidental engagement."
"Oh no! That is embarrassing! You poor thing! I hope your boss want too upset about them not paying you!"

"That's okay, sweet pea," Honey reassured her. "Yeah, I think the game's run it's course for now. Let's just talk. What do you want to talk about, baby girl? You got anything on your mind?"
Charity smiled and set the rum on the floor. "Nah. Nothin's on my mind. Just needed to do something that required less brainpower! And I don't think I could drink another drop!" She laughed, laying on her side and looking at Honey.

"I know! How about this babe? We've talked a lot about my family but you haven't told me about yours! What were your parents like? Do you have any siblings?"

Last edited:
"Oh I'm sure she would love to meet you! And she already knows I'm corrupted... She had a hand in that you know! Taught me how to make illusions with magic so I could trick people!"

"Yes, Urchin mentioned something about that. He was really excited too. Sounded to me like it was the most impressive thing he'd ever seen," Honey complimented her magic wielding friend. "Do you think maybe one day you could show me some of your illusion magic? I'd love to spend all day just watching drunk men go to pick a sovereign off the floor, only to realise it's not their, then stumble around wondering where the fuck it went." Honey certainly had a wicked streak in her, that was for sure.

"All I know for sure is that that she was married into one of the merchant houses in Vel Anir. Doubt I could remember which one even if I tried. I would love to see her again and I think you'd really like her! But I don't think those rich idiots would appreciate us breaking down their doors one by one to look for her..."

"Well, I suppose that's where your sneaky tricks would come into play!" Honey suggested. "You and Urchin could just spy from the rooftops until you caught sight of her... That said, Vel Anir is a hell of a long way, even by portal, so you'd probably have to run it by your parents first."

"Oh no! That is embarrassing! You poor thing! I hope your boss want too upset about them not paying you!"

"Oh, don't worry, she was more upset with the guy who'd gotten the request mixed up. Got him to find another dancer, and she even took my time and travel out of his wages, so it all worked out... Well, except for event organiser, but hell, he was the one that fucked up. Served him right."

"I know! How about this babe? We've talked a lot about my family but you haven't told me about yours! What were your parents like? Do you have any siblings?"

"Oh, my family was wonderful," Honey said in happy recollection. "Mother and father absolutely doted on me. Spoilt me rotten, they did. And no, no siblings, but lots of cousins and second cousins... Possibly some half siblings but I'm not quite sure. We were a travelling family see. Not a circus or anything, just a band of travelling entertainers. Bards and jugglers and acrobats. All kinds! It was an amazing childhood. We travelled all over Arethil, absolutely everywhere. Saw so many amazing places. Even got to see the city of Elbion in it's prime. You know, before the whole floaty thing. And Falwood forest was absolutely beautiful! Pretty sure I saw a few will-o-the-wisps there one night, but they kept disappearing before I could show anyone... Anyway, my family is amazing, but... We kind of got separated when one of our band pulled a scam in front of one of the guards. I searched for them everywhere, but... Well, I just ended up getting myself more and more lost. In the end I figured the best thing to do was just head for the busiest place in the busiest city and wait. I mean, they're travelling entertainers, after all. Surely they'll make it to Alliria eventually... And, I'm still waiting," she said with a smile and a shrug of the shoulders, trying to keep the sadness out of her voice. "Honestly, I don't have any better plan. They could be anywhere. But all roads lead to Alliria, right? So, maybe one day they will show up again... Who knows? A girl can always dream, right?"

• Cry
"Do you think maybe one day you could show me some of your illusion magic? I'd love to spend all day just watching drunk men go to pick a sovereign off the floor, only to realise it's not their, then stumble around wondering where the fuck it went."
Charity's eyes widened in surprise. She didn't think Honey had a mean bone in her body. This woman, who she had perceived as sweet and friendly, apparently had a devious streak in her.

"Honey!" Charity exclaimed, her tone matching her expression. "You little devil! I love it! But... Next time. Not tonight... I wouldn't be able to hold the illusion for long in this condition..."

"Well, I suppose that's where your sneaky tricks would come into play!" Honey suggested. "You and Urchin could just spy from the rooftops until you caught sight of her... That said, Vel Anir is a hell of a long way, even by portal, so you'd probably have to run it by your parents first."
"I suppose that would be one way to find her. But Vel Anir is a long trip and I would have to keep a close eye on Urchin while we were there. Can't risk losing him in a giant city like that." A frown appeared on Charity's lips. Even the very thought of losing Urchin greatly upset her. "Umm... Anyway... Urchin doesn't have any parents, and mine could care less if I went."

Charity felt tears welling up in her eyes as Honey talked about her family. She never would have guessed that such a seemingly happy and carefree woman like Honey had such a sad past. "Aww sweetie... I'm so sorry." Charity sat up and put her arms around Honey. "That's awful! I hope you get to see them again someday."

She could tell Honey was upset even if she was trying to hide it. Seeing her friend like that made Charity want to just hug Honey intil she felt better. But after the misunderstanding from earlier, she didnt want Honey to get the wrong idea. Charity reluctantly dropped her arms, and laid back down on the bed.

"So... Umm... How did you and Urchin meet?" Charity asked, hoping it would be a happier topic of discussion.

• Cthuulove
"You little devil! I love it! But... Next time. Not tonight... I wouldn't be able to hold the illusion for long in this condition..."

Honey giggles mischievously at their nefarious little plan. "I know, I'm absolutely wicked! But yes, probably best that we don't do anything to injure that poor little head of yours," she said, fondly stroking Charity's forehead. "I've gone and gotten you too drunk again. See, I'm a terrible influence. You really should be more careful who you trust, love. For all you know, this is all part of my evil plan to wait until you pass out and then take wanton advantage of you! But don't worry, I'll make sure you're fast asleep. You won't remember a thing." Honey teased her shamelessly.

"I suppose that would be one way to find her. But Vel Anir is a long trip and I would have to keep a close eye on Urchin while we were there. Can't risk losing him in a giant city like that."

"You really are protective of that boy, aren't you?" Honey asked with a smile. "That's good. He needs someone to look after him. Lost his mother far too soon and he's been taking care of himself ever since. Urchin does his best, but he always seems to end up in more trouble than he can handle. I do worry about him... That said, I suppose he's done a hell of a lot better than me. After all, I'm a grown woman now and I still can't seem to take care of myself. But Urchin, he knows exactly what he wants and what he doesn't want and he works hard so that he can live on his own terms. I admire that about you two. Me, I could never live like that. Never been much of a risk taker. I need that sense of security too much."

"Aww sweetie... I'm so sorry." Charity sat up and put her arms around Honey. "That's awful! I hope you get to see them again someday."

Awh, Charity was such a sweet heart! Wait, were those tears in her eyes? "Oh, baby, don't cry!" Honey begged as she pulled her in close. "It's okay sweet pea, I'm alright. I haven't given up yet. I'm sure I'll see them again one day. It's Alliria after all. The Trade Capital of the world. They'll turn up eventually... To be honest, as much as I can't wait to see them again, it's a reunion I kind of dread. I'm not exactly the sweet little girl they left behind anymore. I kind of doubt that this is the life my parents had dreamed for me... I only hope I'm not too much of a disappointment." There was a slight pause there as Honey realised what she was actually saying. It was very rare of her to share her cares and worries with anyone. She was supposed to be a smiling face all the time. Something about Charity and her loving and open nature just made Honey let her guard down. She should really be more careful, this was a side of herself that she wasn't supposed to show. "... Well, that got extremely morbid. Sorry love, not sure what came over me. Besides, I'm thinking way too much into it. I'm sure that once my family sees me, they'll just be so happy that I'm still alive that they won't even be able to think of anything else. It's not like I have to tell them everything." Her main worry was, what would she actually do if she found her family again? Of course, her desire would be to leave with them and travel the world once again... But would Zilvra let her go so easily? Honey doubted it. And she'd heard some disturbing stories about girls who had tried to leave without Zilvra's permission. One thing everyone seemed to agree on, no matter where you went, Zilvra always found you.

"So... Umm... How did you and Urchin meet?"

"Urchin? Oh, he found me right after I lost my family as a matter of fact. Back then I was living on the streets, cold and hungry, singing for a handful of coppers. Honestly, I doubt I'd have lasted another week like that if Urchin hadn't found me. I'd have been scooped up by the organ harvesters or vampires or just some low life who got a kick out of hurting little girls. But our friend Urchin heard me sing and just listened for awhile. Clapped after every song. Then as soon as I was finished, he walked right over, told me I sang good and I was really pretty and asked if I wanted a place to stay. To be honest, if he were a little older, I probably would've run a mile, but he was only about ten or eleven at the time and I thought he was adorable, so I just took his hand and he led me to Zilvra's. He's been my little buddy ever since. Reminds me of a puppy... A poorly trained puppy that wants to be friends with everyone he meets. But you though, that boy absolutely adores you! Been gushing about you since that day you met. Honestly, I think you're the best thing that happened to him."

• Cthuulove