Fate - First Reply The Right Book

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join

Isaac

The Dropout
Character Biography
Link
Entari

Isaac scooped up Teekle into his arms as the cat came wandering out of the alleyway. It seemed to purr as the dropout scratched it's throat. "It's in that one?"

He asked quietly, a throaty meow being called in answer.

"Good." Isaac mused as he glanced up towards the tall building that lay just ahead of them. Entari was known as the city of Archives, a place that had made it's name for the gathering of any and all information it could get it's hands on. There were a dozen libraries, thrice as many bookshops, and a famed archive that was renowned the world over.

Most of the books, parchments, and scrolls that could be found in Entari were complete and utter nonsense. The people of this city gathered everything they could find. That included the meaningless drivel of local newspapers and the musings of poets who thought themselves the next Tedgar Fallen Doe. Most mages, wizards, and scholars could spend entire lifetime combing through the libraries of Entari before ever finding even a hint of what they wanted.

There was value here to be sure, no one argued that, but finding it was often more trouble than it was actually worth.

At least for most people.

That was only because most people didn't have Teekle.

Isaac smiled slightly, scratching at the cats throat before he slowly shifted and let the creature crawl up his arm and come to a rest on his shoulder. Briefly he glanced around on the street, looking to see if anyone was watching him. When he found none he quickly moved forward, cutting through the alleyway and heading towards the archive Teekle had pointed him towards.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Darkensand
It had to be here, somewhere...

Darkensand had now been searching for one of his Tomes for a while, but just couldn't find it.

While he had successfully tracked it down to be somewhere in this Archive, there still remained a multitude of written Word to search through and so fsr, his search had proven to be unsuccessful.

Just as he wanted to pick up another stack of Books, he heard someone approaching.

It was a young man and a... Cat?

He wasn't certain what exactly it was, but it had the appearance of a cat, despite it's magic Aura clearly showing otherwise.

But he had no time to dwell upon it any further or try to recall what creature the cat could possibly be.

"May I ask what you seek, young one?"

He had read already dozen of stacks of books in search for his Tome, so whatever it was, unless it was his own Tome, Darkensand should be able to help the young man.

After all, the sooner he left the better, any disturbances would just interfere with his search.

So getting rid of the source of possible disturbances as fast as possible, would be ideal.

Isaac

• Popcorn
Reactions: Isaac
Isaac blinked as he came face to face with what was unmistakably a Lich.

A brief flickering second of hesitation hung within the air, a moment of thought. It seemed to pass by almost instantly, the silence of the archive being interrupted by a quiet meow that echoed from Teekle's lips. Isaac glanced down at the cat, and then slowly put him to the floor.

The animal seemed entirely undisturbed by the undead Wraith before them, and slowly began to pad around the back of Isaac and roamed into the stack of books and shelves. "A book."

It was a smarmy answer, but probably an unexpected one.

"Penned by Ser Arthur Delren." A famous mage and Baron that had lived near a thousand years ago. He had been a wise man, so they'd said, though Isaac wasn't really interested in his written word. "His personal memoir."

The dropout continued to explain.

• Sip
Reactions: Darkensand
"Ser Arthur Delren?"
While he couldn't recall any person of importance with that name, he did remember having seen a Book with said name on it.

"I think I saw a Book with his name on it.
Though may I ask, what one such as you, seeks to uncover in his personal memoir? Or is your companion the one looking for it?"

Darkensand could see the Book now clearly as well as it's title: 'Ser Arthur Delren; My great Adventures'

He handed the book towards the young man:
"Here, that may be what you are searching for, although I am not certain, that you or your companion can find, whatever memory you are searching for."

Isaac

• Popcorn
Reactions: Isaac
Isaac only smiled.

Teekle had not returned, but that wasn't of any concern. He only looked up at the Lich, surprisingly unfazed by the creatures skeletal appearance. His fingers snapped, and he took the book from the undead. "I'm sure I'll find exactly what I need."

He was confident in that at least.

"Interesting to find one of your sort here." Isaac mused. "Aren't you usually busy guarding your phylactery?"

It was a rather reductive joke, though not one meant as any sort of barb. A part of him was genuinely curious. He had not met many...any liches in his lifetime, but at Elbion they had been taught more than enough about the ancient sorcerers.

Those who wanted to live so badly they would give up their very soul.