Private Tales The Prince and the Fugitive

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"If only I carried the wisdom befitting of an elder."

Kalavan spent countless hours, so many that they must have all added up to years, sleeping in a dark and isolated cell. That night under the stars, he did not catch a single moment of sleep. At times, he would leave the tree and wander the forest. His centuries of imprisonment created a deeper respect and love for the Falwood. It was there that the fallen prince felt he belonged.

He returned as the sun rose before the young girl stirred from her sleep. He saw her peacefully sleeping and smiled to himself. For one that was so defensive, she sure had no problem sleeping so soundly on the grass.

The prince sat by the unlit campfire and watched the young elf.

• Yay
Reactions: Fraeya
There was an odd trilling sound that echoed through the small clearing as the morning light filtered more strongly through the trees, working to chase away more of the shadows. Fraeya snapped awake, sitting upright like she was stung. Sleepy eyes blinked around the area, heart hammering in her chest. Seeing Kalavan, she frowned, wondering if he'd been awake all night.

"You," she paused as the sound echoed through the clearing again. Within the blink of an eye, she was on her feet. Head snapped to Kalavan.

"Stay. Here."

And then she ran to the treeline.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Kalavan
"Good morn-"

"You," she paused as the sound echoed through the clearing again. Within the blink of an eye, she was on her feet. Head snapped to Kalavan.

"Stay. Here."

The Prince flashed a fake pout at the young elf. When she suddenly ran off, it startled him.

"Where are you going?" her frame receded into the treeline, "Fraeya!"

He clicked his tongue and leaned back on his hands. He figured she must have been very young by the spontaneity of her actions. Kalavan frowned. What had that sound been? It seemed to have been the reason she suddenly ran off.

After a few minutes, the Prince rose and began to walk in the direction that the young elf went.

• Yay
"Tee-quin Aeey--esssst Sssssspppt crah." If the prince followed Fraeya further into the treeline, he'd soon enough hear her and a strange language filtering through the trees. If he stepped further over the dried pine-straw, roots, and flourishing grasses, he'd see her back to the ground, arms around a creature with wings.

No, a dragon.

And at first glance, it would look as if the dragon was attacking her. But looks could be deceiving.

• Thoughtful
Strange words hissed through the brush. He pushed through branches and bushes to the source then suddenly stopped, stunned at first. Before doing anything, he continued to watch the scene in front of him. He observed this odd sight of this elven girl clutching the scaled, winged beast, hissing at it in a strange tongue that sounded like nonsense to the Prince.

The prince was unmoving, mouth open in disbelief at the sight.

"Fraeya? "

• Yay
Fraeya couldn't keep the relieved smile from her face, even as the rough tongue of the dragon sloshed across her cheek, leaving a trail of saliva in its wake. The dragon hopped off her torso and seemed to bark and growl at Kalavan. A cough of fire left its throat.

Fraeya quickly pulled herself to her feet and rested a hand on top of the dragon's head. More of the strange language would leave her lips. Lavender eyes turned to Kalavan.

"Oh, sorry. I forget sometimes others can't understand. Kalavan, this is Ember. Ember, this is Kalavan." Fraeya translated the latter part for the young dragon who let off another cough of fire fore good measure before calming back down.

• Popcorn
"Oh," he didn't quite know what to make of everything, "That was- um- this is fortunate for you."

He rubbed his chin and took cautious steps forward. Kalavan leaned down to look at the dragon closer.

"This is Ember?" he mumbled, "I am surprised."

A dragon was truly the last thing he expected. He had thought that the name Ember was indeed strange for a normal person, but this...

"What is this language you speak?"

• Love
Ember trotted over and hesitantly stretched his neck out, sniffing Kalavan's clothes and fingers. His dragon's tail swished as she circled the other elf. Fraeya rocked on her heels and looked at Kalavan. He was the only other one she'd ever told about Ember - besides those who knew she'd escaped with him from beneath the bowls of the colleges.

"Dragonspeak. It runs in my family, though skips several generations. I was the first one again since a thousand years." Fraeya looked down, slightly embarrassed.

"I think that's why they took me." Luminous purple eyes flickered up again, showing lighter hues of gray. "They had plans to train a dragon army, before I escaped."