Private Tales The Othersiders.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
"That's not funny, Daddy." Charity hissed. "Even if there was something that was strong enough to kill Mother, you were there with her. And nothing can stand up to you."
Well... He did just remind her to question everything...

He knew that this would be a tough obstacle to overcome... Regaining the trust of his family after lying about everything their whole lives.
He couldn't show them how genuine he was, he had mastered that facade and used it to his benefit since before most of them were born.
As far as they were concerned now, nothing they saw or thought they knew about him was real... The final blow from beyond the grave, damn that angel and his ilk!

"Why didn't you protect her Daddy?" Charity's voice was quiet and calm, the raging undercurrent of fury barely controlled.
"Because I held back like a gods damned coward!"
The accusation in her tone was almost more than he could bear.
"There is a power in existence that is greater than I, and because of them I allowed myself to tie my own hands in the web of lies that I wove to protect you all!"
His face was awash with emotions ranging from rage to anguish.
"I couldn't drop my guard around my enemy, he had me right where he wanted me. And while Gwendolyn was weakened without my power to aid her, Angelica tore out her heart, and mine with it."

• Cry
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne
"There is a power in existence that is greater than I, and because of them I allowed myself to tie my own hands in the web of lies that I wove to protect you all!"
"Stronger than you?" Charity asked incredulously. "But Daddy, you're the strongest man I know, and i've seen you take down some pretty powerful people. How can anyone get the best of you?" Was it possible that her hero, the man who never failed to save and defend her, wasn't the powerful warrior that she had always seen?

And while Gwendolyn was weakened without my power to aid her, Angelica tore out her heart, and mine with it."
"WHAT?!" Charity roared, her calm outward composure finally cracking. "That fucking bitch! How could she do this to us?! I'll kill her!" Charity screamed furiously. All the power inside Charity gathered, reaching levels she never could have dreamed of, before bursting out all at once, causing her hair and eyes to become a deep, demonic red. Turning, she punched a large stone statue that stood nearby with all her might, knocking a large chunk off its side. She pummeled the statue, screaming in anguish until there was nothing left but a mound of small stones.

Charity sank to her knees, her hands bloody, feeling nothing but a deep pain in her heart.
"Why Daddy?" she cried as she began sobbing. "Why did it have to be Mother?"

She was lost and felt completely empty inside. Her entire life had shattered over the course of a few hours without any way to stop it. Forced to face the fact that he own father has lied to her her entire life... Her sister killing her mother...

Charity wished it was all just a dream. She would give up all the loot in the world just to wake up in her own bed with a beautiful woman to snuggle with, and forget this nightmare. But this was all too real, and she knew it.

She looked up at Amadeus with tears streaming down her cheeks, eyes pleading for him to do something, anything to make the pain go away. "There must be a way to bring Mother back! There has to be! Maybe we can find something in the archives that'll tell us how to do it! We just need to..."

There was nothing that could be done now. Charity sat on the cold stone path hugging her knees, rocking back and forth as the pain and grief took over, bawling loudly and uncontrollably.

Last edited:
  • Cry
Reactions: Amadeus Greywood
"WHAT?!" Charity roared, her calm outward composure finally cracking. "That fucking bitch! How could she do this to us?! I'll kill her!" Charity screamed furiously. All the power inside Charity gathered, reaching levels she never could have dreamed of, before bursting out all at once, causing her hair and eyes to become a deep, demonic red. Turning, she punched a large stone statue that stood nearby with all her might, knocking a large chunk off its side. She pummeled the statue, screaming in anguish until there was nothing left but a mound of small stones.

Charity sank to her knees, her hands bloody, feeling nothing but a deep pain in her heart.
"Why Daddy?" she cried as she began sobbing. "Why did it have to be Mother?
He felt the change in her, deeply. Her indulgence in his power has brought her to new heights and it suffused with her, transforming her and ever so slightly imbuing her with a greater portion of his demonic nature, and he hadn't even revealed his true name to her yet.

He watched as she destroyed the stone statue with her bare hands, her body gifted with new supernatural strength. It was natural to her now, she needn't focus her power to achieve the same feat.
With that rage growing within her he knew that temptation was growing with it, in her grief she was becoming volatile and as promised... He knew exactly what sort of outlet she needed...

He placed a hand on her shoulder. Once again he stood as her father, Gilgamesh Briarthorne... But even in this familiar form he seemed to be just a little bit older.
"Angelica tore her heart out, Charity. She was far more cunning and powerful than even I gave her credit for, used my greatest enemy against me, then my greatest weakness... Then she used me to get rid of the one that held her leash, knowing that in my grief he would not stand a chance against my wrath..."
Now that he thought about it, Angelica had planned this all out pretty thoroughly, seemed she managed to learn something after all.

"Angelica is now out of our reach, but her influence is not. I've uncovered her information circle, she has an entire community feeding her information in the market district..."
He turned her to face him, placing his hands over her bloody knuckles.
"... You are overflowing with power, Charity. Listen well, because what you are feeling now I am about to increase tenfold."
He leaned in close to her ear and whispered in the voice of the demon from whom her power originated.
"My true name is Ahzidal, keep this name in your heart and become the instrument of our vengeance!"

He knew the sin that was impending... And he needed that strength now, his daughters were strong and getting stronger, and the more they sinned the stronger he became which in turn made them stronger yet again!

• Devil
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne
He leaned in close to her ear and whispered in the voice of the demon from whom her power originated.
"My true name is Ahzidal, keep this name in your heart and become the instrument of our vengeance!"
Charity embraced her father as he leaned in and clung to him tightly. She continued to cry softly, rivers of tears still streaming down her cheeks as he began to whisper in her ear. Not in the soothing voice of a father comforting a grieving daughter as she had expected. No, his voice was deeper, rougher and decidedly more... Evil sounding?

Long forgotten lessons came rushing back as Charity's subconscious recognized and automatically began translating the strange language of her father's words. "A-Ahzidal?"

At the sound of his true name, Charity felt a jolt like she had been struck by lightning, and something unlocked deep within her. It felt as if the well of power within her suddenly grew infinitely deeper. She cried out in shock and pain, her arms tightening around her father's neck. And after a moment, the strange feeling vanished, but the power remained coursing swiftly through her body.

Charity leaned back away from her father, arms still around his shoulders. Her eyes glowed an even brigher, more demonic red as she looked into her father's eyes. A new sense of loyalty, nearly as deep as her newfound power, sprouted in her heart.

"Help me- use me- to destroy Angelica and all who helped her kill Mother." Charity said softly, scrubbing at her eyes with her sleeve. "I am yours to command Daddy. Just tell me what you would have me do."

• Devil
Reactions: Amadeus Greywood