Private Tales The Othersiders.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Gwendolyn Vollmund

Information broker based at The Raven Club.
“They say she’s the “chosen one.” You buy that?”

“I don’t know what that even means darling.”

“Like she’s the one most powerful among the sisters. Destined to arise through the ranks and succeed Gilgamesh.”

“I heard it’s all just an excuse to have a favorite.”

“Yeah Jexa’s a killing machine. If anyone is actually the chosen one it’s her.”

“Or Mrs.Vollmund. Victoria said she once saw her enter a room full of mercenaries and when she left there was nothing but swords and helmets.” There was a muttered agreement. The information broker was rarely seen but when she was it was usually worth mentioning to the others.

“I heard this Charity girl just drinks and gambles. My sister saw her a few days ago with one of the sirens girls. Honey?”

“Yeah that’s the one.”

“What do you think Calypso?”

All heads turned to a gorgeous woman sitting in the back of the dressing room. Her golden brown skin accented with delicate jewelry. “She’s nothing. I think we’ve been following the wrong people for too long Sooner or later..”

“Yes?” The room fell silent. Faust entered the room slowly looking all of the girls up and down slowly. One could almost feel her sniffing the room for fear or guilt.

“N..nothing.” Calypso said her eyes finding the floor along with the rest of the room. “Good.” Faust said with a slight growl.

The woman was dressed in her usual innkeepers attire. Her form flickering for a moment as she made her power felt.

“My house and those under my employ will not speak of disloyalty. I will not tolerate those who would betray our sisterhood.” She growled once more before leaving her “inn.”

It was a colder night than most but it didn’t bother the demon hybrid. She was getting sick of this.

This “chosen one.” Talk was driving a divider right between her and her sisters one at a time.

Heticate and Faust were the eldest and the most devout. But that meant they were being leaned on by the other sisters to figure things out while in meetings and council sessions the two slowly forming sides simply sat across from eachother sharpening blades.

She walked the streets as most people gave her a wide berth and those that didn’t greeted her warmly. She was brief with these greetings. Normally the social butterfly some found it odd. But she was on a mission.

Faustian was going to end this before it got worse. Her eyes found the window to Charity’s room at the brass bee.

She was there.

Faust could smell her.

She slipped to the windows ledge and tapped lightly. A wickedly sharp claw extending from her finger and making a light “click, click.”

Against the glass.

• Wonder
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne
A baby-faced bespectacled young woman crashed through the door, startling Charity who was sitting at her table. "Sorry I'm late!" she puffed, out of breath, rushing over to Charity and handing her a stack of papers. She threw her arms around Charity and left a hasty kiss on her cheek. "The shipments comin' in over the next few days." she explained as she took a seat opposite Charity.

It was still a mystery to Charity why Kangi had decided to help her, but since her father worked in the port office, the information she gathered was invaluable. They chatted about business for a while, but the more time Charity spent with Kangi, the harder she found her to resist. As much as she resented her mother for always trying to set her up with somebody, Charity had to begrudgingly concede that Gwendolyn knew how to pick beautiful women.

Charity stood and leaned over the table, softly kissing Kangi before gently taking her by the hand. "C'mere... There's something else I want to discuss with you..." she said leading Kangi over to her bed with a mischievous smile playing on her lips. Charity flopped down on the bed and opened her arms to Kangi invitingly.

Awakening some time later to the sound of quiet knocking from outside, Charity found herself and her bedmate naked, and loosely entangled in each other's arms. She snuggled closer, doing her best to ignore the infernal rapping on her window.

She freed herself from the sleeping woman with a sigh and propped herself up on an elbow, studying the figure standing outside. It almost looked like... Faust...? A large grin spread across Charity's face as she wrapped herself in a blanket and approached the window and opened it.

"FAUST!" she said joyfully, leaning out the window to hug her sister, before remembering that she was naked and pulling back. "What's wrong?" Her voice becoming slightly worried.

It was far from uncommon for her sister to stop by, but she always just let herself in. For Faust to appear at this time of night and tap on her window instead of going inside, whatever she wanted to talk about must've been urgent.

Last edited:
"FAUST!" she said joyfully, leaning out the window to hug her sister, before remembering that she was naked and pulling back.
Faust barely had a chance to greet her sister as the window was flung open and she was brought into an embrace she still wasn’t always ready for. “Hey! Dont!....” she stopped as her cheeks went bright red to the tips of her pointy ears. “Umm..Charity darling..” She would say slowly. Realizing her hugging attacker was pressed quite tightly against her. Naked. She quickly realized and pulled back inside. Faust entered and sat on the windows ledge closing it behind her. She glanced about the room. Her eyes fell on Kangi. Naked as well and snoozing. She raised an eyebrow but said nothing.
"What's wrong?" Her voice becoming slightly worried.
“Huh? I um..” Faust was shaken from her thoughts glancing at Charity once again. In a moment she was on Charity. Pressing against her. Their lips locked as Faust forcefully kissed the shorter woman. A dominant glare in her eyes. She was pulling energy from Charity like an open faucet. The amount of energy in the room was intoxicating.

Faust’s demon instinct couldn’t help itself. But something suddenly shifted in her gut. Charity’s energy should have been getting easier and easier to drain. However, it was slowly becoming more difficult. The suddenly like a pump being switched from blow to suction.

Suddenly it began to drain back into Charity. The taller demon slowly growing weak in the legs, and slowly sinking to the woman’s level rather than pulling Charity up to hers. “Mmhm!” She let out a panicked eep before breaking the kiss. Everything shifted. Neither women had moved. While minutes had passed. In real time it had been barely seconds.

A bead of sweat rolled down the side of her forehead “You’ve...Gotten better..” She said with a small grin of begrudging approval as she wiped it away and pulling off her cloak.

“But cover yourself at least.” She said almost sounding like Gwen. But it seemed she noticed this and quickly added.

“I’m just hungry. This place is practically bursting with energy. It’s...It’s Like a vampire seeing blood. So if you don’t mind..” She said after a moment recomposing herself.

“There are some things you need to see and some people you need to meet. I won’t ever talk to you about it again. You can’t tell mother or father. And we may or may not hurt some people.” She said calmly waiting for Charity to respond. “Now get dressed kay?” She said pointing to Charity’s wardrobe.

• Cthuulove
Charity's breath caught sharply as Faust was suddenly upon her. Her breathing became heavier and she instinctively pulled the taller woman closer, the blanket dropping to the floor. Soft cries escaped from Charity's lips as she returned the feverish kisses, and desperately pressed herself against Faust longing for more than kisses. Charity could feel Faust feeding off the excess energy radiating from her, but she was too caught up in the moment to care.

Faust was always so aggressive and forceful. The total opposite of Charity's usual partners. Though Charity always found it a bit strange, she couldn't say that she didn't greatly enjoy it.

Charity released a muffled cry of surprise as she felt herself being lifted upwards to stand on her tip toes. Her energy was still being siphoned like a torrent of water, and an idea popped into her head. Two can play at this game!

Charity focused and began to reclaim the power that was being taken from her. Slowly at first, but gradually more and more in ever increasing volumes. The more power she drained, the weaker Faust became, until Charity's feet were firmly back on the floor and she could pull her sister down to her. With a squeak, Faust pulled away.

"D-Don't do that!" Charity huffed as the illusion broke and the room shifted back to normal. Her face was bright red with embarrassment. "I don't mind letting you feeding off my energy, but you know I hate it when you use your power on me! We both can get what we want without restoring to that! And I want the real Faust, not some illusion!" she pouted. Despite her protests, a happy smile was firmly planted on her lips.

Charity continued to grin as Faust complimented her. "It helps that I have a very good teacher!" she giggled. "I don't know why you decided to run an "inn" instead of becoming a teacher like Cate." But it's probably for the best... Charity mused, remembering that the majority of her lessons had ended with them in bed together.

Retrieving her blanket off the floor, Charity listened inquisitively as Faust explained her reason for visiting. "People I need to meet? Are they more sisters?! And why can't I tell Mother or Daddy?"

An uneasy feeling set in as Charity got dressed and searched for her coat. The idea that she was to do something important with her sister, but not tell anybody about it, specifically her parents, didn't sit right with her. But she had no reason to distrust Faust so she kept the feeling to herself.

With a quick glance over to Kangi, Charity returned to Faust. "Okay... I'm ready..." she said. "Where are we going?"

Last edited:
"I know.. but I didnt hear you complaining.." She smirked..

"And i dont have any problem with you having the real me...Like i said it was instinctual. I usually have it under better control than this..." She sighed as charity complimented her.

"Ive never been one for teaching...Heticate is more nurturing and far more patient than I ever could be even if I tried.." She said with a grim smirk.

"And you may have a great teacher, but you always seem to find a way to surprise me." Charity enjoyed Faust taking the lead and the demon liked that.

What irked her (and maybe even turned her on a little...) to no end.

It was becoming obvious that Charity was ALLOWING her control.

out of desire.

Not fear or respect...

Like letting a dog pull the rope for a bit before yanking it from their mouth. The woman would often let Faust have her fun, but never let her feel like she had bested her. the rope was always pulled from her mouth...

"First..we're going to visit...Elldering Manor. Just outside the city. The one with the apple orchard and the...cemetery.." She said with a small frown. She hated visiting her...

They left and soon found themselves in front of a set of fancy iron gates. The greywood family seal set into metal though few would understand it’s meaning and even fewer it’s significance. Faust moved to open them when they opened on their own. A woman dressed in the finery of a dutchess greeted them.

Dressed all in white her smooth porcelain skin and shining emerald green eyes surveyed them.

“Faustian. I assembled the sisters like you asked but I’m still not sure what to tell them about..oh..” her eyes fell on Charity like a spot light. Widening slightly with surprise.

“So this is the one..” She said almost to herself. Moving to Charity she stared into her eyes..

“So much power...” She breathed. A hand reaching out to brush her cheek. Her eyes were so pretty...

They just wanted to draw her in. Fausts magic made you like her, lust after her even. But this felt different.. She didnt lust after this woman. She felt powerless. Like it would be easier just to do whatever this woman said. She was so kind. She cared about her...

"Keep it in your pants Victoria." Faust said stepping between them and forcing the woman to take a step back. With eye contact broken the feeling would leave her like it was cut away with a knife. "Sorry..Shes.." "I know." Faust said with an unempathetic shrug.

"But get over it and have some self respect." She said placing her arm around charity protectively pulling her close. "Stay close to me alright?" She said with a squeeze enunciating the word "close." They entered the manor to find two guards leaning on the pillars on either side of the door.

"Faust." One said with a nod to the woman.

"Brecken." The demon innkeeper said with a mirrored nod of acknowledgement. "This is her huh?" She asked raising an eyebrow looking Charity up and down.

"Thought she would be taller." The guard commented dryly.

"She makes up for it in ways eyes dont see. Remember that." Faust said. While her tone and expression was casual her grip on charity tightened like a bear mother protecting her cub. She had been tense the entire night. The happy go lucky Faust was no where to be found tonight. Her wordless journey here.

Her serious expression when she wasnt faking a smile for charitys benefit, or for others, and thought no one was looking at her.

"Well carry on inside theyre waiting for you." She said with a shrug. Faust stopped as they came to a small lobby outside of an obviously large meeting chamber. large oak doors flanked with guards stood before them. She finally stopped walking. "Listen Charity." She released her and knelt to her level. Placing her hands on her shoulders.

"Your not ready for this. Mother wanted more time, but the sisters will not be kept waiting. They want to see the chosen one..I wish it wasnt like this.." Her hands were shaking.

"But if i had not rushed tonight..They would have forced you here..and mother would not have stood for that.." her eyes held such desperation. A look of stress she had been hiding from her by avoiding eye contact.

A woman that stared down 12 story monsters with out even a second thought was terrified of a simple meeting with fellow allies...

• Popcorn
Faust was right. No complaints would ever come from Charity when her sister took control. There was just something so exciting about giving herself over completely to Faust and allowing the woman do as she pleased with her. Charity loved being able to just lay back and enjoy the experience. It was a nice change of pace from her usual encounters. But in the back of her mind, Charity knew she could wrest back control at any time and turn the tables on her sister.

They soon arrived at a beautiful estate. An iron gate adorned with some sort of family crest which Charity felt like she vaguely remembered seeing at a very young age, though it's meaning was unknown to her.

A pale woman dressed in white met them at the gate and briefly spoke to Faust about a gathering before her eyes landed on Charity. She became almost entranced as she stared into the woman's eyes. Like she would do whatever was asked of her without question. "U-Um... Faust...?" Charity said nervously, unable to tear her gaze away for even a second.

She felt more safe and loved for with each moment that passed. Charity just wanted to embrace her and spend the rest of her life as a faithful servant. Luckily Faust stepped in and the woman quickly backed off. The safe, loving feeling vanished, and Charity wrapped her arms around Faust fearfully as her sister pulled her closer.

Upon entering the manor, they passed a couple guards, and after a brief exchange, were allowed through. They came upon a small lobby and a set of large wooden doors. Faust knelt down in front of her and began to explain the situation.

This was a trap. It had to be. A trap Faust was unwillingly bringing Charity into. Her instincts took over and she began hurriedly trying to come up with a plan to free herself from the situation. There was nowhere to run or hide. Only visible exit was back they way they came. Fight... No... That wouldn't work either. Might be able to take out the guards... But what if Victoria is still out there? She was powerless against such a mesmerizing woman. Charity was becoming increasingly agitated like a cornered animal as she realized there was no way out. The power inside her grew to unmanageable levels, desperate to be free.

Gwendolyn's calm soothing voice drifted through her mind, reminding her to keep calm. Charity began going through the breathing exercises her mother had taught her over the years, and a peaceful feeling washed over her. The power no longer felt like a wild animal trying to escape, and Charity gently drew it all back into herself.

"Not ready for what? What the fuck is going on Faust?" Charity asked quietly. "How do all these people know about me?"

"And what's with all this "chosen one" nonsense? I'm just another one of Daddy's daughters. There is nothing special about me. If I was really the chosen one, I would've had Victoria wrapped around my finger instead of the other way around."

Seeing Faust, her idol, the most powerful of the sisters that Charity knew, shaking in fear was more unsettling than Charity could put into words. "Are we going to be okay?" A worried frown formed on her lips and Charity took Faust's hands off her shoulders and held them in her own.

Last edited:
"Not ready for what? What the fuck is going on Faust?" Charity asked quietly. "How do all these people know about me?"
“It’s a meeting of the sisters. Well the most powerful sisters at least..” Faust said with a sigh. “And it was for told there would be one to rise above their ranks and proceed to..” Faust dropped off. The words failed her. Her sister was better at these things..

“Just you’ve met a lot of the prophecy’s criteria wether you knew it or not, and if you didn’t...Well that doesn’t really throw much doubt on the prophecy..” Faust said with a shrug.
"And what's with all this "chosen one" nonsense? I'm just another one of Daddy's daughters. There is nothing special about me. If I was really the chosen one, I would've had Victoria wrapped around my finger instead of the other way around."

“And if she tried it again you would back hand her mentally on instinct alone. With practice you could dominate a woman that took almost half a century to be what she is.” She said with certainty.

“You can beat me and I can easily over power Victoria. Wether you know it or not..your powerful.” She admitted. “And everyone can seem to understand that but you..” She said with a frustrated huff.
"Are we going to be okay?"

“Yes. On my word. Everything should go smoothly.. It isn’t that anything will happen..It’s that something could happen..I just hate these meetings..” She said recomposing herself realizing she was scaring Charity a bit.

It wasn’t the meeting per say..

That Faust was scared of. She could kill most of the sisters. Even if one managed to get her the sisters knows they stood to lose far Marie than Faust did in that transaction.

She had...Never disobeyed mother like this before and the action was worrying her to the point of physical sickness.

But it had to be done.

If not the sisters would have made Charity come. Gwen would not stand for it and civil war would be upon them.

The sisters and those loyal to them and those still loyal to the family. It would not be a pretty sore for either parties or those caught in between..

“It’s ok really.” She smiled like a rusty draw bridge. Her metal jaw clicking slightly as her steel teeth shone against her white in the moonlight.

• Popcorn
A meeting of sisters? Charity wondered. A prophecy about a powerful sister rising above the rest? Do my sisters believe that I am the one to surpass them and view me as a threat? Surely not... How could a woman like me be the one the prophecy was speaking of? There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of sisters. One of them must be stronger than me.

Angelica. It has to be her. I could beat Faust after a few fights, but I've been completely powerless against Angelica... There's no way in hell I'm this "chosen one"...

“You can beat me and I can easily over power Victoria. Wether you know it or not..your powerful.” She admitted. “And everyone can seem to understand that but you..” She said with a frustrated huff.
"But I'm really not that powerful..." Charity argued. "I still can't beat Mother and probably never will. And why should I care how powerful I am compared to the rest of my sisters?" she asked quietly.

"My only reason for getting stronger is so I can better serve Daddy and complete the tasks he gives me. That's all I really care about, and that's all my sisters should care about too. Who cares about which one of his daughters is the strongest?"

"I don't care about being the "chosen one" or some stupid prophecy. There are better things for me to worry about. But if my sisters want to see their "chosen one", I suppose I should go introduce myself..."

“Yes. On my word. Everything should go smoothly.. It isn’t that anything will happen..It’s that something could happen..I just hate these meetings..” She said recomposing herself realizing she was scaring Charity a bit.
She hated the way that Faust said that something might happen. If something did happen and if Charity really was a powerful as they believed she was, then there really shouldn't be any problem. Maybe the meeting would go smoothly and they wouldn't be tempted to test her strength.

Charity scrutinized Faustian's face for a moment. She desperately wanted to trust her older sister's words. Trust that everything really was going to be okay. But she couldn't. Not wholeheartedly at least. Seeing a powerful woman like Faust clearly so nervous about this meeting of sisters, Charity couldn't help but feel a deep sense of fear and dread in her heart.

A small, joyless smile forced itself onto Charity's lips, before quickly vanishing. She kept a tight grip on one of Faust's hands as she rose, and stuck to her sister's side like glue. They entered the meeting hall with Charity feeling very much like a lost child being led into a den of lions.

Last edited:
Faust simply held her as they entered. A large round table was in the center of an even more expansive room. Guards were everywhere.

They all wore the same crest that was on the gate. Some masked, others plain faced while they all looked at her neutrally. Eyeing Charity up and down.

At the table sat Heticate and five others. Heticate waved at them with a smile that withered like a rose in the sun as Faust’s gaze seemed to send shoot a nasty beam of anger and frustration.

They all seemed different in a way.

Their eyes all different colors.

One seemed the leader.

A woman dressed in the same white as Victoria.

Victoria herself standing next to her the same way Cleo often did with Gwen. She was whispering in her mistresses ear as they both glanced at Charity.

Faust shot them both a nasty glare that seemed to shake them enough to return their eyes to glancing elsewhere. The sisters all seemed to have qualities about them that made them stand out besides their eye color.

Even Heticate appeared differently. Feathers randomly throughout her hair, her finger nails curving like talons.

Her eyes two circles of yellow dotted with twin black pits. Her head sunk down a little deeper than it should have when Faust’s glare caught her eye.. The woman in white had ice blue eyes She had long white hair that seemed to shimmer like the night sky. She looked bored.

Almost asleep and she had twin glowing green snake eyes much like Victoria. She gave Charity a smile that was genuine enough. The twin set of flesh tending fangs they revealed however was almost nightmarish.

A forked tongue flicked from her mouth when she glanced away.

The next woman was clearly the youngest and had a set of deer ears with an impressive set of antlers branching from her messy, braided brown hair.

Sharp as a blade it had a spider web beaching between it. Her face was smudged with dirt and she wore the clothes of a ranger. She smiled and waved at Faust when she entered and was the only one not to receive a glare in return.

Her eyes glowed a warm orange like evening sunlight. Finally a clear set of twins was seated to the furthest side. Though they seemed almost exactly the same their styles were clearly different.

Ones eyes glowed a deep blue, the others a deep red. The red had a long luscious fox tail trailing behind her and a set of velvety ears peaking through her hair. Her twin glowing blue having a nasty looking set of claws and a frame that was slightly larger than the others. Despite their animalistic appearance they were all dressed formally besides the ranger deer who again, was dirty and undoubtedly muddy. “Why are you still wearing your disguise Faustian.” The woman in white said in lazy tone that still somehow sent chills down the spines of all listening and brought silence in its wake. “Yeah! Relax. We’re all sisters here..” The deer piped up only to shrink back.

“Silence Greta. Your the youngest. It would do you well to..” “don’t talk to her like she’s a child Dream you snooty little bitch!” Faustian spat back leaving the woman in white to fall silent and blush indignantly.

“She is a full century old now Dream, Faustian is-.” Heticate piped up only for Faust to turn her vigor on her more timid sister.

“I don’t need your input. I’ll have words with you after this.” She growled causing her sister to stare at the floor in shame. “Well how about instead of trading insults we should..”

“Get to the reason why we’re all here?” The twins piped red up finishing where blue left off.

“Yeah let’s get on with displaying the girl you almost started a war with mother to get here..” Faust grumbled.

“Well no need to hold her hand.” Dream said gesturing for Charity to come forward. Alone. To the center of the table. All eyes on her. Faustian glanced at the deer..Greta was her name. The nice one.

“Don’t look any of them in the eye for too long. And if you get nervous stare into Gretas eyes. Trust me, just remember not too long. You’ll know what I mean.” Faust whispered giving her hand a squeeze. “You’ll be fine. I won’t leave this room.” She whispered final reassurance before releasing her hand. And allowing her to move forward I totally the center of the circular table.

• Stressed
Charity's grip remained vice like on Faust's hand as they entered the large room. What is wrong with you?! she angrily chided herself. Under normal circumstances, Charity was brash. Defiant even. Acting as if unusual situations were nothing more than a minor inconvenience.

Yet here she was. Clinging to Faustian like a young girl afraid of getting separated from her mother. Her trademark casual bravado and aloofness were nowhere to be seen. These five women before her were her sisters, so what did she have to be nervous about? Charity had been safe when meeting Faustian and Heticate. After all, nothing bad had happened during those meetings. Unless she counted fighting Faust, in which case Charity had unintentionally insulted her.

But this was different from her previous meetings with sisters. They had wanted to meet her instead of the other way around. She had been excited to meet more sisters, but not like this. Charity moved even closer to Faust and hugged her arm. The amount of power floating around the room was incredible and she felt like she was on the verge of drowning in it. "F-Faust...?" Charity's voice quaked as she squeezed her sister's arm tighter. "Um... I wanna go home now... They've seen me, s-so let's get out of here okay?" Her pleas seemed to fall on deaf ears as she listened to Faust arguing with the sisters.

She looked around nervously, finally taking a moment to get a good look at the women seated around the table. They all had strange animal traits to them. Heticate kind of looked like a bird, with feathers randomly sticking out of her hair. Then there was the twins with one looking like a fox while the other was just... Large. Finally there was a sister with mud on her face and deer antlers named Greta, and another woman dressed in white with snake eyes and a forked tongue.

Then there was Victoria. She stood whispering into the ear of another sister dressed in white. Wait... was Victoria nothing more than a glorified secretary?! Charity's heart dropped, and she felt even more foolish for letting the woman get the better of her.

The snake woman motioned for Charity to come forward. Charity was still scared and very reluctant to leave the side of her protective older sister, but after a few reassurances and a suggestion to look at Greta, she released Faust and stepped forward.

She walked the few steps to stand at an empty spot at the table. All eyes were on her and Charity felt like a piece of meat in front of pack of wolves. But as she stood there quaking in her boots, she could feel a small bubble forming around herself, pushing away the combined might of her sister's power. It wasn't much, but Charity did feel momentary relief from the feeling of drowning.

"H-Here I am..." Charity spoke meekly as she looked into the eyes of the woman in white. The longer she stared, the more she felt like she was staring into the void, madness slowly trying to take over her.

Charity averted her eyes, and looked back at Faust pleadingly, desperate to just get out of the room and back to her room in the city where she could just forget that any of this had happened. Faust looked like she wanted to help, but was powerless to do anything about the current situation they found themselves in.

Turning back towards her sisters, Charity placed her hands on the table. "Look... I-I know about the prophecy and all that... But you have to believe me! I am not your chosen one! I can't be! There must be other sisters who show promise right?"

Charity felt like she was about to burst into tears out of pure nervousness. ...if you're feeling nervous look into Greta's eyes... Faust's voice echoed through her mind. Charity's eyes slowly drifted over to meet Greta's, and her fear and nervousness immediately evaporated.

There was true genuine love and kindness in those eyes. As if Greta knew what she was going through and understood how she felt. Charity sank into her sister's eyes, and there was something so familiar and safe about them. Like this wasn't the first time they had met and had this sort of exchange.

But the only sister named Greta that Charity knew about had passed away while she was still a young child. Surely this woman couldn't be the same Greta... right?

A tiny shred of Charity's bravery returned, and although she still was feeling extremely nervous, she pulled her gaze away from Greta to stare the snake like sister dead in the eyes.

"Right!" she said with a slight defiant edge returning to her voice though it was still quite shaky. "So you honestly think I'm the chosen one? What do I have to do to prove you wrong?" she continued, nervously shoving her hands into her pockets.

Faustian watched her go. (Common Charity..) She thought silently cheering her on.

"Look... I-I know about the prophecy and all that... But you have to believe me! I am not your chosen one! I can't be! There must be other sisters who show promise right?"
Dream was taken a back. “W-well yes but you..”
"Right!" she said with a slight defiant edge returning to her voice though it was still quite shaky. "So you honestly think I'm the chosen one? What do I have to do to prove you wrong?"
Faustians hands clenched into fists. This was not what she was hoping for in the slightest.

Dream smiled as Heticate and Greta opened their mouthes to object. “Silence. She wishes to prove she is not the chosen one. Allow her.” She clapped her hands and a glass of water was brought in by a servant. They placed it in front of her on the table and left. “It’s simple.” She said as she stared deeply into Charity’s eyes.

“Take the cup.” She said simply. Charity would lose herself in the woman’s gaze. But the task was so simple..It had to be a trap..but if she moved she would suddenly find herself back where she started after a few steps.

Like time was clicking off center..Like she was trapped in some kind of...

.”Loop?” The woman would say standing and walking away from the table. Everyone around them was froezen as well. “I am Dream. And much like the snake eating it’s tail I can trap you in your mind. With just a glance..” She said with a yawn waving her hand and bringing Charity to her knees. Frozen in time.

“It’s a form of possession and a bit cruel. I just come inside and lock the door behind me..in a way..” She said as the fangs in her maw accented her evil grin. Her fangs tore out Charity’s throat in a glimpse. The pain.. she tortured her. But off her fingers and feet. And suddenly it happened in reverse. And she was back on her knees in perfect health.

“So now I can kill you!” She said pulling Charity to her feat and punching her hard enough in the gut to impale her. “I can feel your heart!” She cawed.

Squeezing it pointedly. Drawing her hand out and allowing Charity to rewind once more.

“And I can kill you again..and again..and again..and again.” She said enunciating each word with a devastating blow that was felt and erased.

“Your right. Your nothing but a bug. Father should have known better. Sending you back in a few boxes might teach him to better choose people he decides to..” She halted. Staring into Charity’s eyes..She took a few steps and found she was...Back..Where she..Started... Her demon blood ran cold. “What are you..” She whispered..

She wishes to prove she is not the chosen one. Allow her.” She clapped her hands and a glass of water was brought in by a servant. They placed it in front of her on the table and left. “It’s simple.” She said as she stared deeply into Charity’s eyes.

“Take the cup.” She said simply.
This was another trap... But Charity had no choice. She had gotten herself in this situation and now had to follow through. Her hand shook as she reached out and took hold of the cup.

As soon as she touched the glass, the whole room froze and Dream approached her. "Nonononono!" Charity panicked, realizing she was way in over her head. "Faust! FAUST! Ya gotta help me!" She tried to run over to her sister, only to find herself back at the table after a couple steps. What the hell was going on?!

“I am Dream. And much like the snake eating it’s tail I can trap you in your mind. With just a glance..” She said with a yawn waving her hand and bringing Charity to her knees. Frozen in time.
Charity screamed in agony as Dream sent her to kneel on the floor and tore out her throat, before biting off each finger and foot. Then it all reversed as if it had never happened in the first place. What's going on? she repeated in her mind. This power seemed similar to Faust's but with a time element...

Her thoughts were interrupted as she was pulled to her feet, and a hand burst through her chest to grab her heart. Time reversed and the hand retreated, only to burst back into her chest again and again.

Charity still had no idea how Dream's power actually worked, but if it was really taking place within her mind then... She endured Dream's relentless attacks, doing her best to resist, and very slow began to infiltrate Dream's mind until she was the one in control.

“Your right. Your nothing but a bug. Father should have known better. Sending you back in a few boxes might teach him to better choose people he decides to..” She halted. Staring into Charity’s eyes..She took a few steps and found she was...Back..Where she..Started... Her demon blood ran cold. “What are you..” She whispered..
Dream's casual remarks about Gilgamesh caused a huge flare up from Charity. She glared at her sister with pure hatred for a moment before her face softened.

"I might be nothing but a bug, but you really shouldn't speak so ill of Daddy..." Charity's voice was sultry but retained a sharp angry edge, as she stepped towards Dream. She draped her arms over her sister's shoulders and pulled her close. "I'm just another one of Daddy's many daughters, there is really nothing special about me. But after all you have seen him do. After all he has done for us... You DARE to think that he has made a mistake?" Charity leaned in to kiss Dream, her hands sensually running down her arms and coming back up to rest on her shoulders.

Charity pulled away, still keeping a hold of Dream a shoulders. She could see the fear and confusion in Dreams eyes and a nasty grin formed on her lips. Another sudden surge of power caused Charity's hair to turn dark red and with a roar, she ripped Dream in half down the length of her body showering herself in blood. This action was reversed and repeated over and over until Dream was begging for mercy and Charity released her laughing madly.

The room returned to normal, with Dream sitting in her chair and Charity standing at the table, the glass of water intact in front of her. The only difference was Charity's hair gradually returning to blonde, and a nasty grin on her face... Which quickly disappeared as she realized she had bested Dream.

"Fucking godDAMNit!" she cursed loudly, slamming her fist in the table. Now they were sure to think she was this chosen one. "H-hey! Wait! I know I won..." Charity glanced around the table at her sisters. "B-but that doesn't mean I'm the chosen one right?" she stammered, turning to look at Faust.

“CHARITY DON’T-...What..” Her tense posture relaxing. Her exclamation halting to a smirk. She had won.

Of course she had.

The sisters were all murmuring amongst themselves. Except for Greta who simply beamed at Charity with encouragement as Dream fell back into Victoria’s arms. “H-how..” Was all she could muster.

It had taken her centuries to master and perfect that technique how had a mere mortal bested her in a single sitting...what was this..

She glanced at the murmuring sisters clearing her throat silencing them. Though she did flinch when Charity slammed her hands on the table.

“Well despite your..Misgivings..You passed the test..” She said straightening her dress and hair.

Faust was beside her in a second. “That’s right. So can we go now.” She hissed taking Charity by the arm and already turning for the door. “Just a moment Faustian. There is the matter of her induction into our circle.”

“Shove it.” Faustian said pulling Charity close. “You can’t protect her from her destiny. This is extremely childish even for you.” Dream said examine her finger nails. The twins simply sat silently while Greta played with the spider in her antlers before it crawled into her hair and she giggled like it tickled.

“I’m protecting you all from what she can do. Not the other way around. You of all people should keep your mouth shut. Considering she just sat you down.” Faust responded reddening slightly at the jab at her maturity.

• Sip
“Well despite your..Misgivings..You passed the test..” She said straightening her dress and hair.
Another grin graced Charity's face as her confidence came flooding back. Was that really it? She had expected so much more for a gathering of the strongest sisters. The way Faustian was acting, it seemed like she was about to experience the scariest thing in all of Aerithil.

But she had walked in and challenged what was presumably the strongest of her sisters that were present, and had won without too much effort. Charity crossed her arms as her grin grew larger. After all the nervousness, she finally felt like she was back in her element. The one in control and with all the power.

Charity's smile faltered slightly as Faust grabbed her arm. "What?! No! We can't leave yet. The meeting's just starting to get interesting!" she protested, attempting to pull away. Now that she had defeated one sister, Charity was raring to challenge the other four.

“Just a moment Faustian. There is the matter of her induction into our circle.”
Charity looked up at Faust as she was pulled closer, and listened as she argued with Dream. Induction into the circle? Did they want her to join the group of the strongest sisters? Charity knew now that she was indeed the strongest one there, and probably the chosen one though she still didn't want to admit it. But the thought of having to sit through meetings and make decisions just didn't appeal to her. Especially if it meant listening to Dream.

"No thanks." she said turning to look at Dream. "I have much better shit to do with my time than spend it in stupid meetings and arguing with my sisters!"

Of course her sisters didn't need to know that these "better things" were nothing more than drinking, gambling, stealing, and sleeping with beautiful women. That was all her personal business anyway. Nothing they needed to know about.

"C'mon!" Charity chirped, grabbing Faust's hand. "Let's get out of here!" And she began pulling her sister towards the door.

• Wonder
Reactions: Gwendolyn Vollmund
. "What?! No! We can't leave yet. The meeting's just starting to get interesting!"
“Charity. Stop. We need to go..” Faust protested
"No thanks." she said turning to look at Dream. "I have much better shit to do with my time than spend it in stupid meetings and arguing with my sisters!"
“That’s what I was..” Faust began resuming her pull.
"C'mon!" Charity chirped, grabbing Faust's hand. "Let's get out of here!" And she began pulling her sister towards the door.
Faust squeaked in surprise as she found herself being the one now pulled towards the door. She forgot how strong Charity could be. “This isn’t over!” Dream called after them.

“Are you sure?” Faust called back “we are walking away. I’m not thinking about you. Sure feels over to me!” She called back over her shoulder.

As they walked towards the exit in silence Faust slowed slightly. “Do you know why I was so frightened?” She asked.

“It wasn’t because I thought they could hurt you...I mean it’s always possibility...but your fat stronger than you give yourself credit..Maybe that’s a good thing..” She sighed. “Really, I was more worried about how mother would react if she found out the sisters had overstepped.” She paused.

Choosing her words. “They are all back stabbing, schemers the lot of them..But they’re the only family I know..The thought of what mother would do to them..” Faust shook slightly.

“But now that that is complete I had something else to show you at the..Cleo?” Faust had stopped to sniff the air. A moment later Cleo appeared in front of them. “Faustian I..oh..” She stopped her eyes wide ring at the sight of Charity. “Miss Charity? What are you doing here? I was told..” “it doesn’t matter..” Faust cut in nervously chuckling.

“What brings you here I thought mother was..” Cleos expression tightened at Faustians words. She simply pulled a black chain necklace.

So black was the metal that it almost seemed to pull at the light around it rather than reflect it. The glowing blue jewel that hung from it was what gave it its vibrancy and shape.

The ghostly blue light coming from it seeming to outline the chain in the demons hand as she gently placed it into Faustian’s.

“N..no..” She said looking from Cleo to Charity. “Heticate will be here in the morning.” Cleo said with a sad nod. “She seemed to think you would need the space..” Cleo took the respondent silence as a hint and took her leave.

Faustian stared at the necklace in her hand like she wanted to crush it. Her expression one of a contained explosion about to break loose. But she calmed looking at Charity. There were things to be taught.

Things she needed to see now more than ever.. But now Faustian had other business..and Heticate was..She didn’t even want to see her sister right now..She didn’t know what to do..

“Faustian?” The demon turned looking past Charity to..

“I don’t have time to play right now Greta. I know things are tense in there but I’m not mad at..”Faustian frustrated grumbling halted as the young woman approached. Her antlers and animalistic traits seeming to fade as she replaced her disguise.

“I felt it..” She said halting Faust’s protesting.

“Now go. Heticate told me what you were planning anyway. I’ll take her..” Greta said some what shyly. Fiddling with the buckle on a sword and scabbard she had strapped to her back next to a small quiver. She had sandy blonde hair and a splattering of freckles across her tan skin.

This girl lived in the woods.

And more than likely slept with wolves in caves. Not that there was any evidence at this point but..If it had been found to be factual the term “unsurprising.” Would be unsurprisingly apt.

“Um..I..Well..Sure.” Faust said finally relenting. “Charity..This is Greta..The ranger of the south. She keeps an eye on our trade routes all over. Keeps them open, clear, and protected.”

“Aw..Sis..All I do is clear some trails and scare away beavers..” Greta said humbly shuffling her feet uncomfortably. “Pleasure to meet you Charity.” Greta said seeming to go in for a hug before Faust held up a hand.

“Greta. What did we talk about before hugging.” Faustian said somewhat sternly causing Greta to freeze reflectively. “Oh..” she said coming to a realization she quickly ran her fingers through ther hair and gave her self a shake like a dog almost. Dirt and bugs flew off of her in a quick wave before she stood back up.

“We’ve had..Troubles..In the past.” Faust said with a slight shiver in remembrance. “Ok. Am I ok now..” Greta grumbled. Faust glanced at Charity as if to say (“it’s your risk to take buddy.” )

• Cthuulove
“Really, I was more worried about how mother would react if she found out the sisters had overstepped.” She paused.
"Overstepped...?" Charity looked at Faust quizzically. She knew her mother would be upset if she knew that the sisters were meeting in secret, and they had dragged her into it. But it couldn't be that bad... Right?

Charity shuddered as she thought back to times somebody had upset Gwen. It never ended well for the other person. So maybe its was a good thing Mother hadn't known about the meeting.

Cleo suddenly appeared before them and seemed to be shocked to see Charity there. "Hi Cleo!" Charity quipped brightly. "Have you heard anything from Mother or Daddy about their trip? I hope they're having fun!"

Her excitement over seeing Cleo quickly vanished as the demon produced an impossibly black necklace. As she laid eyes on it, a great sadness washed over her and she suddenly felt like she wanted to scream and cry. Charity wasn't sure why she was feeling that way, but Faust seemed to be deaing with the same troubles.

Cleo took her leave after a brief chat with Faust, and was soon replaced by Greta. Charity watched in amazement as her horns and other features faded away.

A small squeal of excitement escaped Charity as Greta completed her transformation. SHE'S SO CUTE! Charity thought to herself. Up until now, Charity had had only indecent thoughts about every sister she had met. But Greta... Greta was different. For the first time, a sister stood before her that she wasn't immediately lusting after. No, with Greta, Charity just wanted to hug and cuddle her. Her appearance was just so innocent and sweet, that Charity felt the sudden drive to protect her newfound sister with her life.

Charity's thoughts were interrupted by Faust scolding Greta. She stared at Greta cautiously, weighing the risks involved, before stepping forward and embracing her tightly. Taking hold of Greta's hand, she turned back to face Faust. "Are you going to be alright?" she asked, the worry clear in her voice.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Gwendolyn Vollmund
"Hi Cleo!" Charity quipped brightly. "Have you heard anything from Mother or Daddy about their trip? I hope they're having fun!"

Cleo looked like Charity had just cursed her and punched her in the jaw by hoe the demon crumbled at that question…Like she was scared.. of Charity. Faustian took the chance to hurry her away as Charity was confronted with Greta.

“It..It’s fine..One time one of my snake friends was hiding in my cloak for warmth and Dream killed it when it said hello while she was hugging me.” She said with a small sigh. “I’m a nature demon hybrid..I don’t notice certain things..” She said her cheeks only growing redder. “So it really is..”

She stared at Greta cautiously, weighing the risks involved, before stepping forward and embracing her tightly.
“Hm!” The deer would stiffen in surprise as Charity embraced her tightly. Greta was not one for a lot of social interaction, let alone physical.

She had been around long enough to not be awkward but it still took her by surprise. Charity smelled nice. Her nose saving the scent in her brain. She felt safe. It was strange…

Taking hold of Greta's hand, she turned back to face Faust. "Are you going to be alright?" she asked, the worry clear in her voice.

Greta looked almost weak in the knees as Charity broke off the embrace and took her hand. Her eyes glowed with admiration.

And something else..

Her warm glowing gold eyes…

Greta loved Charity so much..

It didn’t matter that they had just met.

Greta would die for her. The least she could do was protect her..Help her..Be with her forever. Her side would feel so empty now if Greta left. She had to-..Greta blinked and looked away.

In that moment Charity’s overwhelming obsession would fade to the level of excitement and love it had been before the stare. “Sorry about that. I can’t control my power as well as the others..” Her hand tightened around Charity’s.

“I wasn’t trying to mess with you I mean..” Faust almost made it away cleanly before Charity caught her with her final question. Greta’s hand shook slightly in Charity’s as she looked to Faust as well wordlessly asking the same question.

“I..I will be fine.” Faust said after a moment staring at the necklace. “Everything is going to be fine. Take care of Greta.” She said leaving the younger sister to nod slowly in acknowledgment.

“Thank you.” She muttered before taking off. "So..I suppose we can start with the garden?" Greta said still waiting for Charitys forgiveness and making conversation to fill the awkward silence.

What the hell was wrong with Cleo? Charity had just asked a simple question, and the demon acted like the girl had threatened to kill her. Which wasn't out of the realm of possibility. Charity had said some very nasty and hurtful things to Cleo over the years, and had at times used her as a verbal punching bag when upset. Things she had come to regret saying and doing to the poor demon.

As Charity held Greta's hand, she looked over to smile warmly at her new sister. An overwhelming obsession and love with Greta rushed through her. She would do anything for Greta. Help her... Do anything and everything she asked, just to keep Greta by her side forever.

The sudden obsession faded as Greta looked away with an apology. "Its okay sis, really!" Charity hugged Greta again. "I know you weren't trying to mess with me!" Though Greta was likely much older being a demon, Charity felt as if she was the older sibling as she watched over Greta.

At Greta's suggestion, they departed for the garden. The light from the full moon did little to illuminate the beds of black roses and other dark flowers. It had a serene, peaceful feeling to it, while at the same time, causing Charity to feel a bit uneasy. "So what did you want to show-"

Charity tensed as two people materialized before them. Cleo and a man who looked to be no older than his thirties, if that. Charity pushed Greta behind her and drew her dagger. "Who the fuck is he, Savoca?" she demanded, gesturing towards the stranger with her weapon.

Strangely, the man's energy was familiar and comforting, though Charity swore she had never seen the man before in her life. Familiar or not, she wasn't going to trust him just because Cleo had brought him.

Last edited:
  • Devil
Reactions: Amadeus Greywood
Amadeus stepped into new scenery, a place he hadn't set foot in for a very long time...
The Petal Sanctuary. Where his daughters would gather and meet in private to talk, share information, take counsel and sometimes orgy... He could generally tell whenever it was the latter.

But he bore news for one daughter in particular...
His eyes immediately landed on Charity, and she didn't know him even though she instinctually recognized him.
She'd only heard his name, and very few of the sisters that knew his name had ever seen him before.

She was hostile... He will need to convince her of his identity before he could tell her the news he came to tell her.
"Who the fuck is he, Savoca?"
He gave her a chilling look at first, freezing her body and demonstrating his command over her powers, slipping into his persona as Amadeus Greywood... But it only lasted for a moment, but a few seconds that felt like an eternity... He remembered that he no longer needed to hide or lie about who he was.

His gaze softened and released her.
"My name is Amadeus Greywood... The man you know as Gilgamesh Briarthorne, and father."
He approached her, the familiar limp obvious, but without the accompanying sounds of a squeaking leg brace.
He stopped in front of her and his other daughter, Greta.
"Greta, my dear. Will you please give us a moment? Cleo, Faustian and Heticate will appraise the sisters of the situation."

• Stressed
Charity glared at the man defiantly, grip tightening on her dagger, daring him to make a move. Who the hell did he think he was intruding on this meeting of sisters? The fact that he was with Cleo was beside the point. Charity just wanted the night to be over, and this was just going to make it take that much longer.

A smirk grew on Charity's lips as the two stared each other down. She had beaten the strongest of the sisters, surely this man couldn't even hold a candle to them. Maybe she could just-

An intense coldness ripped through Charity unexpectedly. She couldn't move. Couldn't breathe. It was as if she were turned to stone. The only sensation left was what felt like an icy blade being slowly driven through her heart. The oppressive, commanding power could only belong to one man. But he wasn't here.

His gaze softened and released her.
"My name is Amadeus Greywood... The man you know as Gilgamesh Briarthorne, and father."
Charity gasped involuntary as he released her. What had felt like minutes had only been mere seconds. She backed away from him as he approached, a mix of distrust and confusion clear in her eyes.

"A-Amadeus... Greywood? But Mother always told me that he was your boss. A man even more powerful and frightening than I could ever imagine..."

Charity cautiously sheathed her weapon and stepped forward to wrap her arms around his waist. A feeling of being protected and safe enveloped her and she pulled herself tightly against him.

"I... I'm sorry Daddy. I should've recognized you by your power." Charity looked up into the unfamiliar face. But there was no mistaking it. The man before her was the one she had grown to know as Gilgamesh Briarthorne.

Charity watched Cleo usher Greta away before turning her attention back to her father. "Was there something you wanted to speak to me about Daddy?"

Last edited:
“Yes master.” Cleo said calmly. She looked hurt at Charity’s aggressive behavior but seemed resigned to it.

“I would like to stay..” Greta said Her father giving her a hard look. She met it fiercely for a moment before a tear brimmed in her eye and she glanced away.

“Fine..I understand..” She said sounding like she meant none of it. It was not fine and she did not understand but she was relenting because Father bid it.

She allowed Cleo to pull her away as they too eventually left. Leaving Charity and Amadeus alone.

The wind blew rustling the petals of the trees as dark red petals began to fall like a light rain.

“I would like to stay..” Greta said, her father giving her a hard look. She met it fiercely for a moment before a tear brimmed in her eye and she glanced away.

“Fine..I understand..” She said sounding like she meant none of it. It was not fine and she did not understand but she was relenting because Father bid it.
Under normal circumstances, such defiance resulted in discipline. The daughters were becoming unruly... But Amadeus didn't have the heart to do it, especially with Greta... So he allowed her to walk away.

These were not normal circumstances.

"Was there something you wanted to speak to me about Daddy?"
He stared at her for a moment, his face a blank slate. In truth he was allowing a wave of emotion to pass over him before he continued.
"Yes, my daughter... Charity, walk with me please."

He turned to the garden path, expecting her to join him as he walked.
"... You know how I choose to present myself to you.
I make my daughters earn every secret they uncover and reward you accordingly... You have learned my name and thus became a Greywood.

But now I have shown you that Amadeus and Gilgamesh are one in the same and at no cost to you... And that is because things have changed.

... Permanently..."

He then remained silent for a long while he walked and tried to collect his thoughts.
The web of lies he'd built was in tatters now... Now none of his secrets were worth keeping from his family.

He let Charity respond if she had questions to what he's said so far, but he would not speak again until they stood at the edge of a clearwater pond.

Charity hugged her father's arm anxiously as they walked. What was so important that he had come to her in a different form and under a different name?

"... You know how I choose to present myself to you.l
I make my daughters earn every secret they uncover and reward you accordingly... You have learned my name and thus became a Greywood.
Secrets?! What was he talking about? Had Amadeus been hiding other things besides this form from her her while life? Gilgamesh had been one of the few people she felt like she could really trust. What other important information has she not been told?

This was all becoming too much for Charity. As they came to a still pond, she ran out in front of him and held out her arms wide. "W-Wait Daddy! What are you talking about? Secrets?! My whole life you've led me to believe that you were telling me the truth and not hiding anything!" Tears welled in her eyes as she stared at Amadeus with a hurt look. "And I don't want to be a Greywood! I shouldn't have to join some other group just for you to tell me the truth! I'm your daughter!"

"Just tell me what his "permanent change" is so I can go home and never see you agin!"

• Cthuloo
W-Wait Daddy! What are you talking about? Secrets?! My whole life you've led me to believe that you were telling me the truth and not hiding anything!" Tears welled in her eyes as she stared at Amadeus with a hurt look.
That wasn't accurate... One of his most popular phrases went along the lines of, "Believe the lies I'm telling you because you'll be better off for it."
She wasn't this ignorant.
"And I don't want to be a Greywood! I shouldn't have to join some other group just for you to tell me the truth! I'm your daughter!"
He couldn't tell if she was just being obstinate, or if she actually believed the lies that he openly told her. She was a good actor if she was actually as smart as he thought she was.
"Just tell me what his "permanent change" is so I can go home and never see you again!"
He took a deep breath before looking up and meeting her gaze.
"You know for a FACT that I have hidden things from you since the day we met... All the way from the very beginning when I took you off the streets. I taught you enough to question everything and you did, you learned and grew up under the watch of myself and... And Gwen."

He gripped the head of his cane, his knuckles turning white as he attempted to ground himself once again.
"But things are different now... I can tell you everything that I've wanted to tell you since the day I saw you... I couldn't tell you before because there were forces at work to kill all that I love should I break our contract... But for now that must wait, I have taken it upon myself to give you the news from Vel Anir..."

No more stalling...

"Gwendolyn Vollmund... Your mother, and the keeper of my heart..."
A knot rose up in his chest and up his throat, attempting to strangle him to keep him from saying it aloud... He could practically already see her agony...
A tear rolled down his cheek as he took a final shuddering breath and resolved himself to rip out her heart.
"She is dead, Charity."

"You know for a FACT that I have hidden things from you since the day we met... All the way from the very beginning when I took you off the streets. I taught you enough to question everything and you did, you learned and grew up under the watch of myself and... And Gwen."
"Question everything. Nothing is as it seems..." Gilgamesh' voice echoed in her mind.

"Trust no one, Charity dear. People are selfish and will use you for their own gain, and will throw you to the side when you no longer serve a purpose..." The gentle memory of Gwendolyn's voice caused a fleeting moment of happiness.

Charity had learned these two very important lessons from her parents from day one. But at that young age, she had never suspected she would have to one day apply those lessons to her own family.

"But.. Daddy... I..." Charity stammered. She desperately grasped at anything that could disprove him. The facade that she had built up over the years was crumbling to dust before her very eyes, and there was little she could do to stop it.

She had no choice. Charity knew she had been willfully ignoring the fact that Gilgamesh had lied to her her whole life. But actually hearing him say it, broke her heart. How could her father have lied to her face for all those years? Didn't he know she would keep all of his secrets?

Amadeus promised to tell her everything at a later time, but now she really didn't know whether or not to trust him. These thoughts were short lived, however as her continued to speak.

"Gwendolyn Vollmund... Your mother, and the keeper of my heart..."
"She is dead, Charity."
Charity stared wide-eyed at Amadeus in utter disbelief. Gwen... Her mother... Was dead? The woman who willingly raised a strange child as her own without a second thought. Her idol and role model...

The disbelievingly look on Charity's face gradually morphed into an angry glare. Gwendolyn was an extremely powerful woman, second only to Gilgamesh. There was no way she would fall to anybody or anything.

"That's not funny, Daddy." Charity hissed. "Even if there was something that was strong enough to kill Mother, you were there with her. And nothing can stand up to you."

As much as Charity tried to deny it, she knew deep in her heart that he father wouldn't make up something as world shaking as Gwendolyn's death. The genuine pain and grief in his voice was enough to convince her.

Charity could feel the power leaking from her. Feeding off her sadness and anger. The stone walkway under her feet started quietly, slowly cracking as she let the energy run free.

"Why didn't you protect her Daddy?" Charity's voice was quiet and calm, the raging undercurrent of fury barely controled.

Last edited:
  • Cry