Private Tales The Market of Wonders

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Her eyes lit up at his smile, one of her dancing its way across her lips. It was soon followed by a giggle as he mushed her names together. It had been a habit to give her name in such a human manner, after all she dealt with, laughed with, and shared ale with humans, among other beings, all her life.

The laughter was quickly silenced at the formality of his introduction. The bow, elegant and decidedly formal, was not lost upon her and it tugged a gentle smile from the corners of her lips. She couldn't help herself, slightly uncomfortable with the formality of the bow and craving the quasi easy air that had been there moments before, she reached forward and gave a slight tug of his white locks before dropping her hand into her lap.

"I must apologize. I've been around humans, orcs, and dwarves so much that it's become easiest to give my name in the same manner humans do. Please just call me Ashryn, or Ash as some of my friends tend to do." She gave a slight pause of hesitation before she continued on "I feel like I have to ask in order to be properly be useful to you, you mentioned there was one other, where is this other?"

• Yay
Reactions: Trevan Soithiel
"My apologies." Comes his quick well practiced reply after she corrects him on her name, but he does not seem put off by her correction, but is reticent as he sits back down, not reacting to how she has once again tugged on his hair. He stares at her for a long moment, gray eyes searching her green, then taking a moment to study her body. Her outfit was more colorful than he was used to seeing. But that didn't really say much.

He blinks and would snap his eyes back to her face. "Other..." He repeats, then tilts his chin up, looking down at her from over his nose. "You would be committing yourself entirely to my cause should I speak any further of the 'other'. I think it is best we do not speak of the other. I would not... commit you so deeply, without you having more understanding. You should be allowed to make your own decision, an educated decision."

"Have you ever heard of drow living among humans and elves and dwarves?"

• Yay
Reactions: Ashryn
For a moment, she was lost in his gaze as his eyes searched hers. The usual golden glimmer of curiosity was there, as it would always be, but there was something else, something gentle and genuine. She wanted to help him, for if he truly was trying to escape the need for evil to survive, then who was she to stand in the way of that. No, by her own moral code she was almost bound to help him. A smile tugged along her lips, a glimmer of playfulness darting within the green depth of her eyes, as she wondered briefly what it would take to just sit and play with his hair.

When his eyes left hers and wandered along her outfit she out right laughed, taking the moment to study his face, watching for the small tell-tell facial expressions that might give away the thoughts hidden so well within his mind.

"You make for some fair points and I can not argue with you, as curious as I might be." Furrowing her brow, she couldn't think of any situations where she'd heard of drow living among anyone but the drow. "I... I'm not sure that there are any drow living among anyone but the drow. If there are it most certainly hasn't been advertised. Though I imagine it to be possible. Perhaps not among elves or dwarves but you could probably settle with the humans. ...Through time."

She furrowed her brow deeply, this was turning out to be a rather delicate and intricate problem indeed and she still didn't know about this 'other'.

• Yay
So there it was, and the irony was not subtle. Humans. The race that accounted for most of the slaves and blood sacrifice. The one deemed the least worthy to inherit the world. They would be the conduit.

Trevan had looked upon Ashryn with confusion when she laughed, but now as the irony washed over him, Trevan began to laugh. A sudden release of stress, a first real hope for the future he desired bloomed in his heart of hearts.

"Humans!" He says, a pleased yet surprised tone. He leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees and he continues to grin widely at Ashryn.

"This city, the one below us. It seems to be mostly human. Do you think it could be a place for a Drow to build a business? To be an accepted member of it's society?"

• Yay
The smile that spread across her lips and seemed to settle there was a direct result of his laughter, for it was absolutely delightful. She giggled at his enthusiasm and at his questions. Watching his hair as he leaned forward, seemingly closer to her, she reached out and gently twirled a lock of his white hair between two slender fingers. Momentarily distracted by the feel of the strands between her fingers she gave another gentle tug before releasing his hair once more.

"I think... you should start smaller. Maybe a little farming community. One that doesn't have large events that could draw elves and find you and your.... other in danger. But, then again perhaps it would be better for you to settle here. I'm not sure anyone would ever think there would be a drow and a ...other living here." She was clearly curious about the other but something in the way he spoke moments ago had her hesitating to ask. Tipping her head to the side, she shoved fallen locks of hair from her eyes and blinked a few times. "What... exactly would your business be? I mean no offense here but a blade for hire would not do well for someone looking to escape from something. You could be.... a shepherd."

The image of him standing in a field of sheep, looking all dour with the adorable little sheep prancing around while baaing loudly was enough to dissolve the little ball of curiosity into a fit of giggles, almost tumbling from the rock.

• Yay
Trevan, likewise, would bark a laugh when she suggests a shepherd. Though for him, he pictured a herd of baby spider-mounts, with himself standing in the middle of a pile of molted exoskeletons. It was a displeasing thought.

He shakes his head and returns to simply smiling upon Ashryn. "It would likely be more of a ... merchant sort of thing." He says, fishing for her response to such an idea. "Though I would most like to visit a mage's school, if this place has one." He remarks off handed, eyes peering outside their little cave and noticing that the sun was nearly to the horizon. He squints at it's hateful glow then looks away once more.

When Ash had toyed with his hair again he would have halfheartedly batted her hand away and give her a look. "Stop that. You'll make me go bald."

• Yay
Green eyes grew large with wonderment at the suggestion of him being a merchant and as she right herself on the rock, she gave a slight bounce of excitement and a clap off her hands. "Oooooh. Such a wonderful idea! What kind of merchant? The kind that deals in the darkness and things that go bump in the night? If so... can I poke one?"

She grinned at him as she grabbed the smoothed leather strap of her knapsack, toying with it instead of the tempting white locks that framed his face. Tipping her head, her own white locks falling to frame her face, a few strands fluttering into her eye as she furrowed her brow in contemplation. She shrugged slender shoulders as she peered up at him.

"I'll be fully honest I was on my way Alliria when the bright colors and shiny objects caught my attention. I have the habit of...following my curiosity and there were just oh so many many shiny and colorful and neat looking things that I couldn't help myself and stopped to take a peek." Almost as soon as she began the short ramble did it end. Pursing rose lips together as a slight blush crept along the fair skin of her cheeks, slightly embarrassed at her rambling, she whispered, "I'm sorry. To the point, I'm not sure if there is a mage school here or not."

• Yay
He nodded. Trevan was not easily disappointed, and there yet remained hope for his own desires to be fulfilled.

"Very well." He says, and he considers his next question, offering her another chance to ask one, should she desire to. "Your turn, lady Ashryn." He tried another honorific, wondering if that would stick, part of him also using it as a means to figure her out a little bit more.

Trevan had absentmindedly rested his hand against the large tome that was at his left hip as he considered what a human mage college might provide him. Perhaps among scholars he would find an open minded community. He was finding himself more and more hopeful, the longer the amiable conversation continued with Ashryn.

• Yay
Peering up at him through long lashes and fallen strands of white locks, she frowned. "Ashryn or Ash... please?" Her eyes silently imploring him to stop with the titles and honorifics. "I'm far too whimsical in my treatment of life."

She smiled at her word choice as she tugged the knapsack into her lap and pulled at the strings lining the opening, tugging the bag open. She dug around in the bag for a moment, her eyes focused on its contests entirely. Pausing in her movements, she peered up at him once more.

"I've got to ask, again, about this other that you spoke of. I can not truly help you without knowing if I need to help another. There can be a stark difference between planning for one and planning for two. What does this other do? What will this other require? Do you have it tucked away in a pocket somewhere?"

She grinned with the last statement as she resumed rooting around in her bag. With a soft "Oooh" she pulled the leather wrapped canteen full of water from her knapsack and handed it to him.

"Here, all that sun and you've got to be thirsty. In my... curiousness and excitement I forgot I had it." Looking rather sheepish she smiled.

• Yay
Trevan regards her offered waterskin with skepticism. One does not simply drink from an offered waterskin without great levels of trust.

"I'm... fine..." He says, despite his thirst. He could manage several hours more before heading back to the river of fresh water he had passed before coming here. He does smile at her, a look of gratefulness crossing his visage.

"I understand now just how deep your curiosity runs. It seems to be a trait that gets you into trouble, and you know not what you ask of me or what you risk for yourself. But if you truly wish to know, you would need to commit yourself. It may require... time to earn some trust, and you may not have the freedom you so enjoy while that trust is built." He says, trying to better explain his cause for not expanding further on the subject.

• Yay
She understood his refusal of the water and took a large sip before placing it to the side, well within his reach should he wish it. Setting the knapsack back on the ground below the rock, she reach forward once more, flicking a strand of his white hair as she studied him. There were so many ways that all of this could go horribly wrong but she needed to know what or who this other was. More importantly, she felt the need to help him. Something within his gaze called to her in a gentle way and pulled her forward. She wanted to see this man, who claimed to do evil in the name of survival, be happy. After all, everyone deserved to at least be happy.

"Trust always takes time. It doesn't matter if it's to a simple business agreement or to place your life in the hands of another. The only thing that changes of the amount of time needed." She had cringed at the thought of losing any freedoms but still would ask. "What freedoms would I loose?" The inquiry was soft as she batted gently at another strand of his hair.

• Yay
"Would you kindly... stop... that..." Trevan says, fending off the attacks upon his hair. He leans further back now, attempting to get out of her reach.

"If you pursue this path, it would likely mean being my captive for a time. How long, I am not sure, but I would guarantee your safety."

He watches her, trying to see how she reacts to those words, trying to understand too why she would allow her curiosity to knowingly place her in such a position. He found himself rather hoping she would go forward with it, because it would mean having her as a useful tool for quite some time, and immediately his sours at the thought once more. It seems breaking such habits was going to take a considerable amount of time.

• Yay
She was clearly taken aback by his suggestion that she be his captive, her hand jerking back into her lap as she sat upright. She watched him watching her and for a moment, her eyes slanted as a slight hint of anger danced within the usually curious and whimsically filled green eyes.

"....What kind of captive?! I'll have no.... you'll not...." She paused for a moment as she shook her head and cleared the rampant thoughts from her mind, that for a moment seemed like they would overwhelm her. And just like that, a smile slid along her lips as she realized just how interesting this could be. She did genuinely want to help him and her curiosity truly had put her into far worse situations than this, it was a wonder she was still alive, a fact that was not lost on her at the moment.

"I suppose one of us has to make the leap and I don't see it being you." She teased him gently before her tone turned serious. "No... handsy, touchy-feely stuff. I'll not be that kind of captive." She eyed him, a soft blush creeping along her cheeks. She never sensed that he would do anything of such violent nature towards her but it never hurt o be clear. Taking a small breath she spoke softly once more. "You're right in saying this will take time to learn to trust. Both for you and for myself. "

"Ooooh. Ooh. I have one small, itty, bitty, little request if I'm to be your captive."

She looked up at him from under strands of white hair that had fallen within her eyes. Widening her green orbs slightly, she blinked slowly as a soft smile tugged the corners of lips. It was all a rather half-hearted attempt at looking cute.

• Yay
Trevan stands up, a sudden flourish from his cloak as he does so. Was she crazy? He looked as if he was going to try and argue against the idea, but instead got caught up in her gaze and her words. She was right about someone needing to make a leap, but he was completely taken aback by her willingness to put herself in that position for him.

This was new. This was something he had never thought to experience. A completely selfless act. Or was it? She did have an insatiable curiosity. His mind worked over the problem like a puzzle that still felt like it was missing a few pieces. What was he not seeing? Was it really as simple as she made it sound? Was the world really so easy on her that she could survive this long with that sort of mentality?

"Who... who are you really?" He finds himself asking, unable to take his eyes from her face.

Startled by his reaction, the standing and sudden flourish of his cloak, she moved from the rock and stood. Her body grew tense as she furrowed her brow and took a few cautious steps towards the entrance of the cave. This was it. The moment that her curiosity always lead to her scrambling to grab her bag and make a quick escape. She seriously doubted that she'd be able to actually take him should the need arise. She was confident in her skills but even she knew when best to run.

Hesitating at his question, she paused almost mid step towards the resting spot of her bag and met his gaze. She wasn't sure what answer he was seeking and knew that no words could give him the answer he wanted. "I've told you who I am. I'm Ashryn, or Ash but the answer you're looming for I can not give you with words. Time brings trust and with trust will come the realization that I truly do just live by my curiosities and the whimsical wishes that follow that curiosity. I've offered to help because if you're truly looking to escapes the need to do evil in order to survive that I'm... bound by my own morals and standards to help you. " She paused a moment, a softness flittering across her delicate features for the briefest of moments before it was replaced by the caution and tension his reaction had caused. "After all, I would be utterly at your mercy and the trust that you would hold to your word to allow no harm to come to me."

She stood there, hesitant to leave but no longer certain enough to sit once more.

• Yay
Trevan stares at her intensely, eyes searching for the deception and finding none. He slowly puts his hands up in a placating manner.

"I did not mean to frighten you, I am just... at a loss. I am finding it difficult to accept your existence in my mind." He states, his voice sounding regretful. He moves to step past her toward the exit of the cave, the sun now starting to fall below the horizon of the mountainside.

"You are wholly an enigma to me." He adds, gazing at the setting sun with a hand to partially shield his eyes. The sting of the light is near blinding but it reminded him of his reality. Who he was, and who he wanted to be. If she was willing to help, he needed it. Both he and his mistress needed it.

"If you are willing to commit to see this through, then I shall likewise commit to your safety. Perhaps a week of your life? I would not harm you, but I may have to bind you. I'd have to keep you from betraying me and... the other. Until safety is ensured for all parties." He turns and gazes at her again.

"It would put me in your debt, and I will pay it ten fold if I must."

• Yay
Watching his movements, she settled back on the rock from which she had been seated and tugged the knapsack closer. Tucking her legs beneath her small, lithe frame she some how seemed smaller in the waning light of the day, the shadows beginning to fill the small cave. The words that came from her parted lips were soft, the hint of uncertainty floating just below to surface of melodic word.

"I'm an enigma to many and often times to myself. I've learned long ago that sometimes it's better to float along the waves of life rather than fight against the current and be drawn under..." She met his gaze as she continued to speak. "I'll agree to this but I do have a request and it's non-negotiable."

She grinned now, the playful teasing and the curious light dancing brightly within her green eyes once more. She had mentioned moments ago and had thought best to let the request drop but now, she realized she'd need something to get her though the week. A reward if one would for preforming as a good captive should.

"Would you... let me play with your hair during this time of captivity?" The request was made with the softest of voice as she ducked her head, hiding behind her own white locks, as a blush began to spread its way along her cheeks. At first, the color was a light shade of pink, barely dancing along her delicate cheekbones and then the regret was almost immediate and the embarrassment, along with the blush, only deepened.

• Yay
She was completely out of her mind, and perhaps exactly what Trevan and his mistress needed. He took a moment to consider her outlandish request, and was forced to reconcile the fact that it was an easy enough price to give.

"I suppose you could... play... with my hair..." He says, unsure what exactly that meant, but he would shave it off completely if it was the key to establishing a first foothold in the world of the surface dwellers.

It was an odd price, but he found himself willing to give it, and even found himself smiling at the elf woman.

"I will not bind you now, but when we draw nearer to the other I will need to." He almost sounds... regretful, again, but he was also dead set on its necessity.

• Yay
Trevan's agreement to her request sent her bouncing gleefully upon the rock as she clapped excitedly, white locks dancing along her shoulders as the silken fabric of her slightly see-through top swished gently, moving to and fro to reveal little bits of skin. Green eyes peered up at him as she grinned.

"It wouldn't be the first, nor probably the last time, that I've been bound. Both willing and otherwise."

She gave a soft laugh before she raised a hand, covering her lips as her eyes grew wide. Once more, a slight blush crept along her cheeks as she realized how that may have sounded.

"Erm… so uh..."

Her eyes darted around frantically, the embarrassment becoming more apparent with each passing second as her soft voice trailed off. Settling upon her leather knapsack, she leaned down and scooped it up, grasping the straps tightly. Pulling the bag to her chest, she seemed to almost cradle it, the hardness of the magical orb pressing into her chest a comfort. Though nestled away in its little silken pouch she could feel the dangerously addictive pull of its magic and the promise of escape that was always provided.

Hesitantly, she stretched her arms out and offered him the bag making no mention of the little orb hidden within its depth. She preferred he'd not find the little addictive treasure therefore why bring attention to it. Best let him assume it's just the whimsical oddities and necessities of a strange little elf. A single brow perked briefly at the ever so slight hint of regret that tinged his words. It would seem, for whatever reason, that perhaps he didn't wish to bind her. Curious.

"It wouldn't look right for me to carry the bag and while you may not bind my hands now it will easier if we are moving less stuff between us as we get closer to the.... other." She had no other word for whom or what she was about the encounter. For all she knew she was willing walking to her death. After all, he was drow and she was an elf and both races could, and have, held grudges for centuries.

• Yay
Trevan watched in surprise as she celebrated the terms being accepted, and he furrowed his brow deeply. She. Is. Crazy.

He watched as she struggled to contained herself in the oddly loose and barely opaque clothing. He couldn't help but wonder how much of the way she dressed was intentional or due to simply being aloof.

Then came her admittance to being bound, both willing and unwilling, and his eyebrows shot upwards. Maybe all of this wasn't such a good idea. But then again, was this perhaps a gift from whatever god or goddess that might oppose the spider-goddess? He spent way too long staring at her, trying to figure out just what he was getting himself into.

"You... may be the most willing captive to walk the surface world..." He remarks, shaking his head but not willing to give up the boon that she was to him and to the mistress.

As she offered him the bag, and gave her explanation as to why he should take it, he shook his head. "No one else will see us. You carry it. I will bind you when I deem it necessary."

He would push the bag back toward her person, then with a wry smile said "Besides, next you'll be offering me your clothing and I have to draw the line here and now."

• Wonder
His reaction to her words sent the corners of her mouth twitching as she fought back a giggle. Then.... then he got stuck staring at her and she simply couldn't help herself. She reached a hand out and poked him squarely in the center of his chest as a soft giggle crept past her lips. Her finger paused for a brief moment, lingering as her eyes followed along the intricacy that was his armor. Such beautiful craftsmanship. Dropping her hand from his armor, she peered up at him.

"I'm only willing because you've made me so curious. I almost can't help myself. Plus, everyone deserves the chance to be happy. I'd like to see you get that. Oooooh and I'll admit. I really want to know who or what this other is." She paused for a moment, remembering an earlier comment she'd made. "You never told me if it was edible."

Smiling as she pulled the bag to her chest, cradling it briefly before slinging it over her shoulders. Peering up at him with dazzling green eyes that, for the briefest of moments grew wide with surprise as a flicker of teasing hunger flashed through her eyes. Dropping her voice to a soft whisper, she leaned forward and smirked,

"If I was going to offer you something it surely wouldn't be my clothes." With a soft laugh, she skipped past him and out of the cave. Pausing just outside the entrance she laughed softly and waited for him. From here he would lead and she would follow, placing her life in his hands.

• Yay
"Well, anything is edible if you try hard enough..." Trevan responds, voicing words he usually keeps to himself. He would stare at the finger until she removes it, then peer at her with a questioning look. What was that for?

Then as she trollops her way out of the cave, letting those last words linger in the air like they meant nothing, he snorted a laugh and followed after. She was devious in her own way. Not like a Drow. It was somehow more innocent yet equally troublesome to his mind. He'd have to be careful with her. He wasn't sure what it was he was protecting himself against, but he felt there was something there.

Stepping out of the cave and immediately starting off down a path away from the city and further down the rocky coast, he didn't bother to look at her as he asked "What would you offer one such as me, not-a-lady Ashlyn?"

• Yay
Falling into step beside him she tipped her head at his words, a slight frown creasing the soft features of her face. With a soft chuckle, she danced before him before prompting stopping and locking his path. With the faintest trace of a smirk, she bent at the waist, her right hand moving to her chest o keep her assets within the confines of her top. White locks fell forward, framing her face as green eyes looked up at him, a hint of confusion dancing within their depths.

"Why Sir Trevan what more would you have me offer you right this moment? I've offered you my willing captivity for an entire week knowing I could very well be walking into a trap that leads to my death with some unknown... other that I might be able to make it edible. One may never know what happens by the week's end."

With that, she stood and smiled, a hint of teasing now glimmering within her eyes as she fell back in step with him once more.

"If I may, where are we going? Can you at least give me an idea of what's about to happen? A little.... warning would be nice."

• Yay
Trevan would have to stop, even though he could easily walk off the trail and around her, the sun had set and his full vision was returning to him, and with it his grace and confidence. He stopped because his pride would not permit him to deviate from the course, simply because she was... why is she bending over like that??

"Ashryn." He says, attempting to answer her first question. "You were the one to suggest..." He trails off and realizes perhaps it was best to simply not push the matter further. Then he started walking again as she moved to the side once more. Her up-beat personality contrasting his rather moody one. His mind was still focused mostly on the future.

"You will see where we are going when we get there. Your questions will be met with answers soon enough."

• Yay
Reactions: Amaya Thanatos
She was going to push simply because she utterly delighted in the way he reacted towards her and because, in fairness, he had started it. "You were the one that suggested I offer you my clothing." Her tone teasing and light as she stepped closer to him, wrapping her fingers loosely within his cloak, her vision slowly being reduced. She gave it a light, playful tug before a slight pout crossed the features of her face. She wanted to know, and in a way felt as if she deserved to know the details but also knew that pushing could create further issues. So instead, she'd have find ways to tease him and entertain herself while she had the freedoms to do so.

• Yay