Private Tales The Market of Wonders

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
It had been a long arduous journey, as most adventures worth having should start. Or at least, that's how Trevan tried to justify it in his mind. It's been weeks since he last saw the dark caverns of his home, and he was confident he would never see them again. Not willingly, anyway. That was not a place he would wish upon his worst enemies. Okay, maybe his worst enemies, but no one else.

He crested one of the coastal hills, the rocky outcroppings providing ample respite from the low afternoon sun, allowing Trevan places to dart between in order to keep to the shadows as best he could. He had his cowl drawn up and over his head, low over his eyes to conceal them from the light. It wasn't that the light could do any real damage to him, but it was extremely uncomfortable and made it difficult to see. On more than one occasion, he had tripped over a rock or a root, something so unlike his usual elven grace.

Gazing down at the valley between him and the city proper, Trevan was surprised to see a rather large and festive looking gathering. In what looked to be like a hastily set up large town of tents, there was a myriad of colors and hundreds of flags. There were easily thousands of people walking in and out of the tents, or participating in some sort of event off to the side. Trevan could see what looked to be a large cleared field with horses and unusual seating. He had to squint against the brightness of the daylight, but he was certain that most of the patrons below would be human. Gazing up from the tent-town Trevan had to marvel at the site of the city itself, capping the hill like a crown, encircling the bay below with an odd sense of welcoming arms.

He decided that if he was to ever choose a place to try and get some information, this would be as good as any other.

Making sure that his cowl was situated to conceal most of his features, he began to walk down toward the tent-town and to see what he could discover about his new above-ground world.

• Yay
Reactions: Ashryn
Ashryn stood just outside the entrance to the colorful tent city, her gaze locked on the marvelous wonders that seemed to be glimmering and glittering within the sun's embrace. She was lost in the awe and marvel that was before her and was sure she would never make it to Alliria if she were to continue to stumble upon such glorious wonders. Bouncing from barefoot to barefoot, her white locks swayed with the antler-esque crown of twigs that rested upon her head, neatly tucking away her elven ears from sight. It's not that she was ashamed of her ears but rather found it best people underestimate her.

For a brief moment, a frown marred the lovely features and briefly sent a storm cloud of emotions flickering through her normally curious green eyes as she decided on what to do, where to go, and oh my gosh where was she going to start? She had several weeks before she was required to be in Alliria and she had allowed for ample time because she knew herself well. This was the exact sort of thing she could get lost in for days. ….Wait, no... weeks. MONTHS even. The moment truly was gone before it had even come and her glimmering curiosity-filled eyed returned to their normal hue. With a soft squeal, she clapped her hand in almost child-like wonderment as she realized she could lose herself in here and fill herself with the curiosities that this place was sure to hold.

Reaching up, she ran slender fingers along with the soft leather of her knapsack before rolling bare shoulders as she adjusted the weight of the bag to sit comfortably. Clad in a light silken top, that was just this side of see-through, that clung to the womanly curves of her body and exposed just enough skin to draw the eye but left the men, and on more than one occasion, women curious as to what lay beneath. Green in hue to accentuate the glimmering of her eyes with a matching skirt that covered the most sensitive of areas while leaving her legs bare and her free to move as she please. She took a step forward as she headed towards the first thing that caught her attention; the horses.

Moving through the entrance and into the crowd of people she was always easy to spot despite her short stature of only 5'5", her white hair acting as a beacon amongst the human crowds that surrounded her. Almost immediately within stepping into the crowds she paused and let out a childlike squeal as she caught glimpse of the most beautiful and shiny assortment of daggers. Clapping her hands once more in excitement she began to nudge her way to the table, not afraid to throw the occasional well-placed "accidental" elbow.

• Yay
Reactions: Trevan Soithiel
It was chaos. Pure. Utter. chaos. The hawkers hawking their wares, the constant hum of thousands of people talking all across the tent-town, and then there was also the smell. It was an odd mix of roasted beast, horse dung, and intermingled perfumes. Trevan had a difficult enough time as it was trying to navigate the horde with his cowl pulled so low, cloak wrapped around himself in his best efforts to keep himself mostly a mystery. Thankfully, many of the tent-town patrons sidestepped around him, despite his short 5'7" stature.

He really had no idea where he should go first, but supposed it was a good start that he managed to get this far in and no one stopped him. He turned on a heel when he noticed an opening to his left, and started to walk toward the large field that held the horses. He still wasn't sure what a 'joust' was, but he had heard several people talking about it. He was glad that he had learned the language of the humans, which seemed to be the common tongue among the surface dwellers here in Alliria's territory.

The late afternoon sun was just in front of him now and he had to hold up a hand to further protect his eyes as he wove his way toward the arena. It was actually becoming quite irritating to his skin, so he made to dart into a shaded spot, but accidentally would knock into what could only be described as a short white-haired ball of curiosity, and promptly he gets an elbow to his gut. Damn this cursed sun and it's evil ways!

"I deeply apologize." Trevan says, his voice a mixture of confidence and politeness, though his accent was clearly unique.

• Yay
She had expected the occasional apology or even a gruff curse or two but something about the voice, or maybe it was the accent, struck her. It literally pulled a squeak from between rose painted lips and forced her body to turn towards the sound. Her head tipped upwards, searching the crowd for the face attached to the voice, and found it. Well... sort of. She found the cowl hiding the face to the voice and her eyes immediately began to dance.

Her hand reached out as her lips parted and she began to speak, her voice soft and gentle and almost hard to hear above the roar of the crowds pushing around them. She reached towards the cowl with the full intent to pull the fabric from the face of whomever it hid. She needed to see what was attached to such a startling voice. Her curiosity demanded it even if her common sense told her to not touch.

"Oh... oh no. I... I think the apology might actually be mine. You see, I was trying to... well... I wanted a looksie over there at the shiny…"

Her voice trailed off as she fought the jostling of the crowd to get closer to him while still moving towards the cowl. She was fully committed now as she had already elbowed the man in the gut and that voice though.

• Yay
Trevan steps back, bumping into yet another patron, but he manages to sidestep and stay just out of her arms reach. He instinctively would reach a hand up and hold the cowl just under his chin, keeping her from being able to easily pull it off, should she successfully grab hold of it.

“Mistress, kindly leave me to my shadow.” He would say, again his voice a mix of confidence but polite. Whatever his accent, he seems fluent in the language, and almost poetic in the way he speaks. He does not withdraw from her however. Instead he sees this as a way to test the waters.

“I seek someone to speak with about…” He trails off, unsure exactly how he wanted to put this. He frowned at his own lack of planning ahead. He honestly was feeling so overwhelmed by the crowd it was difficult to maintain his thoughts while also trying to keep track of every individual to pass by, a habit of someone who is used to dangers at every corner.

“Someone to speak with.” He finally says, just leaving it quite vague.

• Yay
Mistress?! She had been in the process of reaching for his cowl yet again when he spoke and the word was enough to stop her dead. Furrowing her brow at the word she tipped her head to the side, white locks falling to frame her face as she gazed upwards at him. What was this talk of mistress? Who was he? ..What was he?! So many thoughts ran rampant through her head that it was almost comical to watch from an outside perspective. Her facial features changed with each thought. A furrow of her bow here. A grin tugging at the corner of her lips. Finally, she settled with a soft giggle that escaped her lips like a bubble that had been blown with the utmost of care. It was like a melody that had been spun within the depths of the forest for the kindest of creatures to calm and soothe them.

She dropped her hand to her side and smoothed her shirt in an attempt to hide that she was almost literally vibrating with the curiosity that was before her. She had gleefully wandered in knowing she would find something that would stand out, something shiny or sinister. But this... this person before her was an enigma wrapped in a delicious voice that seemed to pull her towards him. Then again, that was usually her curiosity speaking and once satisfied it dissipated like the winds from storms long ago.

There was something in that final statement that seemed so... sad almost. Perhaps that her own home sickness though.

"I can speak. ….Or rather we can speak. But no more of this mistress silly talk." She tipped her head to the other side as if trying to study his face though she couldn't see it. "Well... I suppose I should let you lead the way and pick the spot."

• Yay
He had not expected the reaction he was receiving. Trevan frowned beneath his cowl and wondered if perhaps he had made a mistake in choosing this one. Yet, when she spoke, she was willing to give him some of her time, and that was a victory. He regarded her through the veil of his cowl, then nodded.

"As you wish, Mis... Miss." He then quickly peers about. Pick a spot? A spot. Would that be so easy? He finds himself frowning once more as he dislikes the idea of having a conversation out in the open. "Do you know if this... place... has somewhere more private?" His voice is solid, confident still, yet perhaps his tone betrays his unease. He was far from his comfort zone, woefully unfamiliar and DAMN THAT SUNLIGHT WAS ANNOYING.

• Yay
Green eyes grew wide as she stared upwards at him in an almost amused panic. Wait, he was dumping it on her?! She didn't know where here was just that it was on the way to Alliria let alone where a private place to speak was. Her eyes darted between the cowl that covered his face and the area surrounding them, her fingers twitching with the need to pull the cowl from his face and satisfy her curiosity.

Finally, in a huff, she threw her arms up in the air and rather dramatically declared "Look, I'm not from here if you haven't noticed that." She gestured at her white hair, the antler crown of twigs, her dirty bare feet, and scantily clad body as a whole. "I'm not too sure where to go other than over there by horses or back out of this chaos and somewhere along the cliffs."

She paused a moment, her eyes glittering with the threat of another attempt at his cowl as her curiosity began to wash over like a wave. "I... could you... that is... would you...." Before she could give it another thought, her hand darted up and fingers twisted within the cloth of the cowl. She gave it a gentle, teasing yank before releasing the material and ducking beneath his arm and behind him. She giggled softly as she sashayed off towards where they had both entered, her path obviously towards the cliffs.

"I'd rather not smell horses and this.... stench if we're going to simply talk."

Last edited:
  • Yay
Trevan supposed she did stand out among this crowd, though he had not considered it until she started to point things out. White hair was actually a normal occurrence among his people, and sticks in one's hair might just be a thing these surface dwellers do. How was he to know? These were the sorts of questions he needed answers to.

As she suggests the horses, or the cliffs, he tilts his head and considers. It would probably have better shade at the cliffs....

He is surprised to find she has managed to get her fingers caught up with his cowl and he quickly squeezes his grip tighter. "Mis... Miss, please do not. I implore you." His accent is thick in his near panic, though he would never admit it as such. Does she have so little regard for the wishes of others? As she steps away, he takes that as an acceptance, and he starts to follow, mindful to avoid as many passerby as possible.

"Yes. Talk." He agrees. "The cliffs would be best, I think, yes?" And it does seem to be the direction she is heading. Good. Now he just had one more obstacle to overcome. One which completely depended on how the coming conversation went.

• Yay
As they began to walk further from the chaos that was the tent city she could been seen to almost visibly begin to relax. There was certainty a change to her, a lightness that came with being closer to nature. She twirled around to face him, her feet dancing along the softness of the dirt and grass beneath her feet. Her white locks swirled and swayed with each light movement of her feet and her crown tipped ever so slightly to the side, the points of her ears playing a game of peek-a-boo from beneath the locks of hair and crown of twigs.

"I've got to ask... it's.... well I'm sure you've surmised by now that it's making me rather curious." Her eyes grew slightly round with mischief and her fingers twitched once more. "Why are you wearing a cowl? It's the middle of summer and it's hot."

She paused in her movements, her lips turning upwards into a smile that was meant to throw most people off balance as her eyes grew ever so slightly wide. Her head tipped to the left as she seemed to almost look smaller and in some ways... cute. Her crown of twigs tipped ever so slightly further adding to the cute, yet disheveled look that had become her in attempt to draw off the cowl. Her eyes filled with wonder and a genuine kindness and concern for his safety.

"Surely you must be getting hot?" Why not take it off?"

• Yay
It had been a calculated risk to wear the cowl, but one Trevan had to take. The mere act of concealing oneself was sure to draw attention, but he continued to suspect being a drow was probably more like walking around with blood all over you and a sign on your back that says 'Yeah, I killed a bunch of children.'

Which was technically true, everyone is someone's child.

He watched as she spun and began to walk backwards, and that was his first hint. Then the tips of her ears. Trevan faltered, coming to a stop and reaching for something under his cloak.

Instead of answering her questions, he posed his own. "You're an elf...?" There is incredulity in his voice. "Of all the people for me to ask, I ask an elf."

Was he prepared to continue forward with his plan, now knowing that the individual was a wood-land elf, the ancient enemy of the drow?

He studied her, and the way in which she acted. He didn't feel threatened. Perhaps now was as good a time as any, away from the business of the tent-town. So he did as she requested, and reached up to remove his cowl, drawing it back off his head to reveal his dark ash-blue skin, the gray eyes, the elongated ears. The white hair. Revealing to her that he was a drow.

"Speak your thoughts, elf." He says, a guarded tone, uncertain what she will do. Should this go poorly, he could always kill her and try another town. Though he very much disliked that idea.

• Yay
You're an elf?! You're. An. Elf?! Ugh what was it with people and getting all...The thought died almost instantly within the confines of her beautiful mind as she was stunned silent and still. Not a feat many can lay claim to. The sight of a real living, breathing drow standing before her was a shock and she knew immediately the amount of danger he could pose and yet.... she was still curious. She had only heard about them through the stories of her scholarly parents or from the drunken tales of merchants.

Green eyes grew wide as a soft whisper of a statement flittered from her lips. "You're drow." The fascination she had was almost palpable and she couldn't stop herself. Her feet moved through the grass as her hand reached out towards. Her fingers stretching upwards towards the white strands of hair that framed his face. She gave a gentle tug to a few locks of his white hair as she leaned in towards him, studying his face.

"A real life drow."

Rocking back on her heels she dropped her hand and gave the smallest of giggles as her eyes danced with the utter delight of the situation.

"My thoughts? You... how.... why.... where? But... why?"

She stood there in utter disbelief at this man before her.

• Yay
By the goddess, this woman was a touchy-feely sort. He very nearly drew the short sword resting at his hip, the item he had reached for earlier, when she stepped so close to touch his hair, but he managed to discern her curiosity was not malicious before actually pulling the blade free. Still, he drew back, stepping back, uncomfortable with her proximity.

"Perhaps now you understand why I seek someone to speak with?" He asks, eyes having to squint in the sunlight. He uses a hand to shade them in a vain attempt at protecting his vision.

From beneath his now open cloak, Ashryn would see the elegance of his armor. The intricate design work, the masterful craftsmanship of the light weight but strong armor. She would also likely be able to deduce that he is in fact, quite hot in all of that gear. His hair which she so brazenly touched would also have had a tinge of sweat to it. Finally, she may notice the short sword at one hip, and a large leather bound tome held at the other hip. The tome had a leather strap that held it there, hanging from the opposite shoulder, up over his head.

"May we find shade, so that I could be more comfortable."
He then requests.

• Yay
Standing there a few moments longer she took in all that was this drow standing before her. From the armor, to the tome, to the sweat forming on his brow she studied him. Then, just as suddenly as she stopped moving she started again. Turning on her heel, she danced off in front of him, white locks streaming behind her as she giggled her way towards the cliffs and towards shade.

It wasn't a long walk, or rather dance, skip, and giggle to the cliffs and to the coolness that the shade and breeze from the waters below would provide. She skirted her away along the edge of cliffs until finding the one small walking path that wound into the depths of a small cave that would provide shade, cool air, and a place for them to speak freely and privately. She was rather curious about this man and what he was doing. She was even more curious as to why she was still alive.

She was no fool to think that the two daggers she had tucked away in the knapsack she kept slung over a slender shoulder would be nearly enough to save her little rear end. No, if he wanted to she would be dead and there wasn't much to be done about it. Still, she was curious and couldn't help but to settle upon a rock that jutted from the cave floor.

Settling on the ground, she grabbed a strap and began to fiddle, hoping against all hopes it would restrain her need to touch him. ….After all she needed to make sure he was really real. Just one more poke would do. Or maybe another tug of his hair.

"Sit and let's figure this one out. I'll admit you've managed to absolutely captivate me with curiosity.."

• Yay
He blinked, and off she went, dancing away like the fabled elf that she was. Trevan hesitated briefly, his mind trying to piece together all that he knew of the wood-land elves. Most of the history texts he studied painted them as masterful warriors, efficient and orderly. Stoic. Aloof. He raised an eyebrow. This woman was anything but aloof.

He trotted along behind her, thankful when the first stretches of shadow began to pass over him. Even more thankful to see that there was a cave. He slowed as she entered the cave, and he did a brief perimeter check. Stepping inside he also checked to see how deep the cave went. Not deep at all. Laughable, really, to call this a cave, but it was shade and the stones were cool and refreshing to the touch.

He had placed a hand on one of the large stones of the cave wall, perhaps sensing something about it that she would be unaware of.

At her giving him direction, he turned, and regarded her.

"I will stand, mis... Miss." He nearly called her mistress again, out of habit.

"Thank you." He then says, starting things out with a polite gesture, bowing to her. "I have been fearing this moment for quite some time, and was not sure how it would go. You've already answered at least one important question. Perhaps I could answer one for you, in turn?"

The quiet and cool of the cave was a welcome respite from the heat of the day that awaited them outside and Ashryn was oblivious to all. Actually, she was oblivious to most things outside this man and this cave. She was so absolutely captivated by this creature that was before, bowing and trying his best not to call her Mistress. ...Mistress. She snorted audibly as a smile tugged the corners of her mouth, causing her mouth to twitch as she fought the rising giggle. Drow's were such odd things with their matriarchy and the woman's need to dominate over the men. Silly women. Silly Drow. Men were meant to..... no no Ashryn don't get distracted now. She couldn't help the slight giggle that did finally manage to breach rose-tinted lips as the inner dialogue ended, her eyes following the bow he gave.

A slight furrow creased her brow as he spoke of fear and uncertainty. He was right to feel both. Had he found himself amongst the company of another elf things wouldn't be going near this smooth. She truly was an oddity among the elves and she, as well as the entirety of Fal'Adddas, knew this. It was no secret that she allowed herself to be carried through life on the whim of her curiosities, flitting, and floating through life much like it was her own personal playground. Because it was.

His last question pulled a soft gasp from her lips as she realized the most important question here wasn't about his situation or hers. No, at this moment all of those things were trivial. She stood in one fluid movement and moved towards him, fingers sliding through the fallen locks of her hair that threatened to slide into her eyes. Before he would have time to react she stood before him, hands dropped to her sides as she gazed up at him.

Her green eyes, filled with almost childlike wonderment, peered at up at him. Rose lips parted and the soft whisper of words that left them were filled with the same childlike wonderment that danced within her eyes.

"Why am I still alive?"

That was the important question here. They both knew, despite her training, that she could be dead if he wanted it. By all rights, she should be dead. Who was she to touch this Drow, an ancient enemy to the elf and live? She really needed to learn to curb her curiosities and the need to touch, to feel, to explore, and study anything that intrigued her curious mind.

She stood there, inches from his face and from him. It wouldn't take anything all to kill her and she had left herself vulnerable to him. She did mean to startle him but also.... she needed to him understand that she posed no real threat to him. At least not in a deadly way. No, she would just poke, prod, and question until he wanted to die to simply escape her insistent questions.

• Yay
Witnessing perhaps the strangest elf on the planet, it was all lost on Trevan. His only experience with elves of the surface was with captured or dead ones. They certainly didn't behave this way, but Trevan had no way of knowing that this isn't how they usually acted up on the surface. She was woefully unprepared for a drow. However, she was lucky that Trevan was the drow of all drows for her to come across in such a manner. There was perhaps one other that wouldn't outright kill her, or so that's how Trevan thought of his own kind.

"Is this customary to speak with someone so close in proximity?" He asks, gray eyes looking into her green. He relaxes a bit, but folds his arms across his chest for a barrier, perhaps unconsciously.

"To answer your question though... I've come seeking a new life, away from my own people. Me, and one other."

• Yay
Tossing her had back in soft laughter she took a few steps back before finally opting to settle upon the rock once more.

"No. This isn't how my kind usually acts. Actually, you've probably stumbled upon the oddity that is the elf. I'm entirely too short, my hair," She grabs a lock of white hair and twirls it around a finger before giving a light tug and releasing it "Is more like a Drow's yet I have the ears of a elf. Oh and my parents are both elves. Scholars to be exact. Let's not even touch my off kilter personality and need to satisfy my curiosity sometimes despite my own safety."

She gave a casual shrug of shoulders as if she had ran through this little spiel a thousand times over... and then one more.

"You say it's you and one more and yet.... I only see you. Where is your... other... person? Thing?" Furrowing her brow slightly, she flicked her gaze towards the entrance of the cave before back at him. "Is.... this.. person or thing invisible? Can I touch it?" She squealed as her eyes lit up and she gave a slight clap of the hands. "Is it food?! And what of a new life? What's wrong with your old one?"

She leaned forward and peered up at him, resting her elbows upon her knees and cradling her head within her hands. White locks fell to frame her face as tried her best to not overwhelm him with questions.

• Yay
Trevan grimaced at his own admission that he was not alone. He should not have mentioned it, for the mistress's safety. His frown remains for a time as she speaks, and he wonders how much of her words were true.

Trevan ops to pretend he hadn't said it and skips right into answering her last question.

"I don't know how much you know about my people. I suppose you know about as much of them as I do of you and yours. But I do not wish to live my life trapped in Zar'ahal any longer. I no longer wish to do the evil that is necessary to survive in such a place."

Trevan unfolds his arms again, now that she was a more reasonable distance from him. He eyes her with some measure of suspect, but doesn't voice any of those concerns. He would discern for himself. Just as she seemed to be doing regarding Trevan.

"My turn. What do you know about drow?"

• Yay
Reactions: Amaya Thanatos
For a moment, her facial features softened as he spoke of evil deeds for the sake of survival. In an instant, she knew that he had suffered a troubled past though he were not innocent either. It was a fair point he made and one she understood. No one should be forced to do evil simply to survive in life. For a moment, she seemed lost in thought, the memories of her childhood and the goodness that was the forest and its creatures flooded through her and she wondered how many demons tormented him and could they be quieted?

Shaking the thoughts from her head, she sat up straight and tucked long, slender legs beneath her lithe frame to sit Indian style.

"I know that the majority of Elves would consider you beneath them; subpar if you would. I know that women reign supreme. I know you're considered evil and that there's some long, grudge, or war, or something between our races. Oh, and I know you have long pointy ears and white hair like me. …Well, almost like me You're ears are rather longer and far more pointed than mine are."

As she spoke she raised her right hand and began to tick the knowledge off on her fingers as if those were the only facts they knew. That's because they were. She had stopped paying attention when her parents had been attempting to teach her about them. She never was one to simply assume someone or something was evil merely because she was told they were. No, she needed proof.
She paused for just a brief moment as a brilliant idea popped into her mind. A teasing smile slid over her lips as she reached a hand towards him.

"Can I touch them? Your ears I mean. I need to make sure they're real. You could be dressing up as a Drow and pretending. How do I know you're real? See... these are valid reasons. Just one little bitty touch?"

She was ignoring the fact he hadn't answered her question about the second person. It was fine... just more information to tuck away for later. She would eventually find out.

• Yay
There was only a slight furrow to Trevan's brow to indicate at all what he was thinking as he listened to her tick off her bits of knowledge, one by one. He tilts his head and ponders briefly how she came to have white hair and logged it away as perhaps a magical oddity. He knew enough about how magic can influence the world to think that a viable option.

"Can I touch them?" She asks, and he blinks in surprise. Her reasoning for her desire pours out of her and he frowns down upon her as she remained sat upon her rock perch.

"You do not believe your own eyes..." He asks then sighs. It wasn't a question really, it was a matter of preference. This was a world where eyes could not always be trusted. But actually touching his ears, was that necessary?

"Very well." He consents, eyes watching her warily. He would tense up at her approach, a hand hovering near his hilt, but also something else would occur that she may not realize was coming from Trevan.

Unless she was prepared or immune to such a thing, she would suddenly feel a sense of calm start to spread over her emotions. If she was already calm, it would perhaps deepen it.

It was something Trevan did out of habit, a soothing form of his empathy magic. For his own peace of mind and care for safety he allowed it to seep out and toward her.

• Wonder
For a brief second, her shock was almost palpable as she sat there blinking, a small gasp escaping between parted lips. She hadn't actually expected him to say. As a matter of fact, most threatened her within an inch of her life, some had actually tried to kill her for asking such a question. She wasn't going to waste the opportunity. Oh no, she was even more curious than before. Her initial reaction would have been to squeal, jump up, and dash over there but then it came.

It was like the softest of blankest during the coldest of winter nights. It slid along her mind, wrapping its warmth, comfort, and calm around the frantic thoughts that usually ran rampant through her mind, directing her this and way but never letting her fully settle. Once settled, the fuzzy warmth of calmness that settled over her mind left her with the fleeting thought, that this too was curious indeed. Green orbs became hidden for a brief moment as the blanket of calm settled, tense limbs slowly began to relax and for the first time in what seemed like never, she felt genuinely calm and it showed.

She stood, eyes opening once more and made her way slowly towards him, eyes darting to the hand hovering near the hilt of his sword. It could be a trap, she could fight though the sudden calmness that both startling and comforting, or should could embrace it for the brief moment it would take to find out. She reached him and it was there again, the glimmer of curiosity like a small golden orb dancing within the farthest reaches of her mind, struggling to break through the blanket of calmness that she continued to allow to wrap its self around her. She couldn't help it in the end and she pushed through and into his personal space until they were nearly toe to toe. And then she hesitated. She truly had not been prepared for him to say yes. It felt so intimate and wrong.

So instead, her hand reached for a lock of his white hair and she gave a gentle tug before turning and walking back to the rock, settling on the coolness of it and watching him, the curious but a glimmer within her green eyes.

"Thank you." Was said quietly, almost a whisper that was barely audible.

• Yay
He tensed as he stood so close, and it was uncomfortable for Trevan. She was the enemy. But as she touched his hair, then backed away, he relaxed and had a second thought. She's not my enemy.

Trevan peered at her with a new sense of wonder. Here stood the embodiment of what he had dreamed of, but dared not hope for too strongly. Acceptance in a world other than the one he grew up in.

Casually, Trevan also took a seat on a second rock, across from her. He felt his empathy magic wane and cut off and realized how strongly he had been using it with a grimace. He had not meant to manipulate her so strongly, but had only wanted to keep himself safe. He had to remember to keep track of that part of his magic. It was still so strange to him, but it was not safe to use it unwittingly.

"You are satisfied I am real?" He asks, voice soft and curious. "Would you tell me your name?" He follows up with a moment later.

• Yay
Drawing in a deep, yet shaky breath, as the warmth of calmness slipped from her mind she seemed to pout for the briefest of moments. She had enjoyed the calm, it was a well-needed respite from the chaos that is usually her mind. Oh well... there were more questions to ask, things to poke at, oh and why did he say yes? The thoughts flittered through her mind before she refocused on him, her gaze traveling along as if once more trying to figure him out.

"Ashryn Heira. It's a pleasure to meet you. Though...." She paused a moment, hesitating as she debated if she should ask now or perhaps wait longer. She didn't want to see him spring up and dart back away, on the complete defensive once more but the thought had been lingering, an itch unable to be scratched and it was going to slowly drive her mad. It was decided then, in what was the blink of an eye. The sentence trailed off and for a brief moment, she was silent, unwilling to ask the question just yet.

"To answer your question, I never truly thought you weren't real. I was more curious to see your reaction and shocked and absolutely delighted when you agreed to it! Ooooh, the wonder that was your answer. It was beautiful and confusing. Why did you agree to it Sir..."
Her words trailed off, the sweet melody carrying the hope that he would introduce himself but not feeling the need to push. He was talking and seemed to have found some sort of relaxation around her and that was a wonder in its self, especially for someone who claimed to come from such troubled background. Some things were best alone for the time. It had been her experience that occasionally, patience did truly pay off.

• Yay
His reaction? Trevan finds himself smiling at that, a small quirk of a smile that looks to fit comfortably on his face.

"I see..." He says, some more understanding settling over him. She was an odd one, but who was he to judge? The renegade drow with morals. He especially found it odd how she thought of it as beautiful and confusing. A strange combination.

"I will speak honestly with you, Ashrynheira. I desire this meeting to continue. I feel as if I am a foreigner in a hostile land. However, what I need is to figure out my place in this new world. That is where you are useful to me." He frowns at that admission. He did not like starting off on such footing, labeling her as a mere useful tool. He frowns deeply, then says "... should you wish to help me."

Shifting, unsure of himself, it was a feeling he did not enjoy. A feeling he rarely felt. He attempted to cover up his unease with formality.

"I am Trevan of house Baeoryth, formally of house Soithiel." He rises and gives her a decidedly formal bow, one usually reserved for honorable royalty.

• Yay