Private Tales The Little Wolf who was lost

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
She raised a brow. "A bit of a tall order for your first night here, eh?" She walked over to some logs that served as benches. They were worn smooth by the bottoms of countless bodies. " Tell me this plan of yours," she said beginning on the soup.

"I had planned a nice relaxing bath tonight, if I'm honest. A bit of a reward to unwind after a long day. Care to join me?" A lopsided smirk appeared on her face again, one sharp tooth visible.

• Yay
Reactions: Honi
"You attempt to steal coin from me and now a blush?" He scoffed, not willing to give her that though his cheeks did feel hot as well as his ears after hearing her suggestion. "Rewards are nice and I will take you up on that... But tall order or not, we have work to do first... Besides, long baths are most best after a victory."

Sage wisdom was given as he pulled a several small parchment from his pouch, the bundled papers folded over and some specked with blood. "I was not sure what this was when I took them truth be told... But the man I killed died gripping them... I had joined a caravan as I neared Alliria and showed these to the head merchant. He immediately offered me my weight in gold... Bad negotiating on his part because I know knew how important these papers are. I did manage to get him to tell me... These are trade routes and agreements.. Leases on land with in the Reach... All thought loss with in the last few moons... We present this to their owner and tell him to fund our free company, we can secure food and supplies and new housing... And not a single coin is spent from our pockets.... Then we can begin training... If I was able to come across this in the Reach, just one person, imagine what we can find together... Of course we can't simply hand it over to him.. We have to sneak into his estate." He seemed oddly excited by the notion of infiltrating someones home.

Arri gulped down the last bit of soup and stared at him unimpressed. She swiped the back of her hand across her mouth in a tactless way before answering. "So you want to black mail some landownito fund us? Don't be daft. You're going nowhere after that fight with our lovely half-giant friend. Wait a week and let your injuries heal. We're in no rush." She rubbed a hand along her ear which was now fully exposed. She had tossed off her headscarf moments after entering the main shaft of the quarry. It now lay coiled around her throat. "Now about that bath... I know a great place that offers medicinal healing baths just west of Brookport. Whaddya say?"

His head reared back upon hearing that he should wait a week and it was clear he was taken by surprise when she answered. growled next, clearly unhappy. "Two days... I won't feel as light headed... Then we see the merchant..." He negotiated.

"Now... Baths?" He tried to push the conversation along.

"Aye, but how long until you're good enough to maneuver without pain or opening a wound?" she quipped. "What's the rush anyhow?"

Fayarri nodded and ran another hand over an ear. "Let me ask some others, too." She strode over to a younger boy with a ragged red scarf around his neck. "Vanya, you want to come to the baths with our new combat instructor?" He turned, face lit up in an excited glow making Arri chuckle. He had a head full of brown curls and pleasant features. "Sure do!" "Make sure he doesn't slip and crack is head open," she giggled at his expense.

"Skaria, Lariat, you guys want in too?" Two girls of similar age turned towards her this time. Their blue and yellow eyes were mirrored in the other, the heterochromia striking. They were elves with blond hair that shone even in the uncertain light. They wore dirty light blue smocks and their feet were bound in rags and lacked shoes. "Sure, we'll come," the slightly older one said. If one had sharp eyesight they might notice that her hair was a shade darker.

The small group gathered and Arri led the way, bringing them to a medium-sized building with a simple wooden sign reading "BATHS" in crude writing. "Well, here we are," she told Honi. She pointed. "Guys to the left, girls to the right. See you in an hour!"

Well Honi misread that situation and laughed to himself, hoping it came off as him laughing at her teasing. She didn't give him much chance to voice his need to rush but he was just eager to get things in order. Besides, he knew he'd be able to move about by tomorrow. He took a nice beating, but he had worse. Still, he realized he shouldn't be to quick to brush off her suggestion. The image he wanted to present to the merchant was someone strong and imposing... Appearing bruised and wobbling would not work out for him. He still had much to learn.

Looking to Vanya he nodded to the enthused youth before taking him by the scruff of his neck. "Come on your scamp." He said as he moved to the left and into the mens bath.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Fayarri Nefarrat
She led the sisters into the baths. About forty minutes of soaking in the deliciously warm water she felt much better, more relaxed, and happier. The girls chatted about mundane things and enjoyed each other's company. After they were finished, they dried off and put their shifts back on. Since they had washed the clothes before and hung them out to dry, they were cleaner than before.

They waited for the guys in the common room together, trading stories and swapping juicy tidbits.

"I heard that Bianco was going behind Lorrie's back again. That girl has a nasty temper. Did you know that her brother..." Skaria whispered something that made Lariat blanche and Fayarri laugh.

Meanwhile, Honi enjoyed his own bath time, answering a very excited Vanya who asked question and question. In the end, the younger male walked away having learned that Honi had been hunting since the tender age of five and even hunted beside orcs. He learned of his skill with bows, knives, and other bladed weapons. Honi touched on his heritage as well, but not to much. In short, Vanya left with a better understand on who his knew instructor was and what would be expected of him.

Honi had little issue letting the younger male what he had been doing at his age and what he had been capable during that time. He also tolf Vanya that with hard work, he would be able to do all that and more.

Leaving the baths feeling relaxed and oddly rested, he would join the ladies after gather their belongings. Giving Arri a look that asked with out words, now what do we do?

The ladies quieted after the remainder of their party joined them in the room. "Alright, let's head back." She smiled and let the elf sisters take the lead with Vanya gazing wide-eyed at Honi as if he were a hero.

An enjoyable feeling took hold of her in that moment as if she wished it were like this more. A plan with good prospects, the potential of bringing in enough coin so that eveyone could have full stomachs...the idea was appealing to say the least. Next would be to get adequate housing for so many. Something that had been bothering her was the high child to adult ratio. Even if she counted 16 year olds as adults, there were still more children. They had been holding up but more recently things were getting more desperate so it was a good thing Honi showed up with a plan.

Still, it wasn't as though she depended solely on him. They, the Clanless Castaways, would collaborate with the warrior/fighter and bring about a better arrangement for them all. Arri was walking lost in thought.

Honi pulled away so that his pace match Arri and watched her for a moment as she slipped into a trance of thought. He allowed her a moment longer before speaking.

"Much on your mind I see." He exclaimed rather then asked. He wasn't saying it was easy to read her, just that he knew the look she adopted fairly well.

Arri enjoyed the easy silence between them for a few moments. "Yes...what can I say? Our situation is not good. When the Clanless began we were small and all muscle or pickpockets. But now, you see there are orphans, vulnerable women, and elders. This is the tax of kindness."

"A kindness that few have... But you... We.... We will grow from this... Your kindness found me... In a odd way." What he referred to was their need to get coin, thus attempting to rob him. "My ego is not big enough to believe I am to be the answer to all the problems the clanless face but I will surely help as much as possible... Soon, we will be in a position to afford better housing... Food... Medicine... But... I cannot stress this point any more... Everyone has to help.... Even the children. The kindness you offer must be earned..."

"I know I make promises and I intend to keep them.. But coin isn't going to fix all the issues we are to face.... We have to put ourselves in a position where we can sustain ourselves... Those who can't find must learn how to sew... Farm... Make medicine.. Tend to the wounded and sick... The clanless is a tree that we must nurse... The roots must run deep so that in time, we can enjoy the fruits of our labor." Honi said, falling quiet as he realized he was coming off as preachy at this point.

"Thank you.. For showing me to the baths... I was more pent up from my travels and the fight then I realized." He moved on to thank her. So far, he had just been talking about what he could and what he intended to do. He had yet to talk with Arri in a attempt to know her.

• Yay
Reactions: Fayarri Nefarrat