Private Tales The Legend's Heir

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Solgrin

Bandit Chief
The door was ripped open, practically torn from it's hinges.

A wash of fresh air pulled into the dank cell, Solgrin's nose crumbling as he finally found Serafina. A sigh of relief escaped his lungs, and his boots echoed as he stepped into the small but relatively empty space. There was a different look to him.

Something wild. Something angry. "Sera."

He called out to her, his voice soft, not matching his features.

"Are you alright?" It was a silly question, given the circumstances. He had seen the instruments out side, had taken note of the state of the other girls. They had been bruised, cut, but not necessarily broken.

Serafina hadn't been gone long, and he hoped her captors had not had time.

• Cry
Reactions: Serafina

Serafina

The Heir of Marcell
Character Biography
Link
Tiredness and pain were momentarily forgotten when it registered in her mind who exactly the voice belonged to. Hope soared and then quickly plummeted. Was it him? Or was it that... that thing. She shivered involuntarily at the memory of its real face, twisted and snarling, before it had taken on a human face once more. Slowly she pushed herself up into a sitting position and ran her eyes over him in a guarded manner. It was only when she saw Einar and Maria behind him in the doorway that she began to relax and then true relief flooded her.

There had only been one shifter.

"A few broken ribs," she answered in a groggy voice but offered a smile. The choker about her neck glinted in the light let in from the hallway. "Some cuts and bruises, but otherwise fine. Is he...?" she bit her bottom lip and swallowed. He had to be dead if Solgrin was here. Wobbly she got to her feet and put a hand out to steady herself as her vision swam.

"Please tell me you bought that key to get this off?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Solgrin

Solgrin

Bandit Chief
"He's dead." Solgrin said in simple answer, reaching out and grabbing both sides of the silvery collar. "They both are."

The magic which had been laid into his flesh was a curse, a mar upon the flesh and the soul. He knew that, he understood it now. In his youth he'd considered it a gift, but now it was different, now he knew what it truly was.

Yet now, now he embraced it. "No."

There was a loud snap, as the metal broke into two around her throat.

It seemed almost like a wash, a change within the air as soon as the collar broke away around her throat. Solgrin felt it through that subtle bond, though it was more of an echo than anything else. As it broke in two he leaned towards her.

"No more chains." He whispered softly, the gem offered up in his hand. "None."

Only choice.

Serafina

The Heir of Marcell
Character Biography
Link
"No don--!"

Sera's hands didn't come up in time to stop the bandit as he seized a hold of the collar and tugged it. She could only brace for the pain. Her eyes screwed shut and she sucked in a breath ready to cry out... but no pain came. Tentatively she opened one eye then the other and let her body relax with a relieved sigh. She had been so focused on what could have happened she hadn't really been paying attention to anything Solgrin had been saying in the meantime. Her eyes landed on the gem uncomprehending then raised to him in confusion.

"I don't... understand. What happened?" she took a hesitant step away from him and the offered gem. The finally complete gem. Without the collar to block her magic it swirled within her like a pool crying out for that gem. For the other half of it. She wet her lips and folded her hands neatly behind her back to keep herself from snatching it from him entirely.

• Popcorn

Solgrin

Bandit Chief
"I'm done." He said softly.

The decision had been made. Final. Finished.

It was as though a door had been closed behind him, a gate had been sealed shut. For Solgrin the decision was final. There was nothing else to be done, not for him. he had made a solemn promise to the others, to move forward, to do as he could.

"I've wrought my end." He told her quietly. "I know how I will die, and I cannot make up for the sins I have committed."

Solgrin chewed his lip for a second. "But there isn't a point. I've lost friends. My family. My King. Everything."

He took a breath.

"I'm done." He told her. "I can't do it anymore. So All I can do is give back what I can. To those that follow me. To those I stole."

Slowly he offered the gem. "So it starts here."

He knew in an instant she could obliterate him, destroy him with the magic. Yet so be it.

• Nervous

Serafina

The Heir of Marcell
Character Biography
Link
Sera's eyes were pulled back to that gem like a magnet that she couldn't pull apart as he spoke. Perhaps if it had not been in the room she would have had more sense and thought much along the same lines as Cevil had thought she would think. Most certainly she would have refused to take it out of fear that it was some kind of trick, but unlike Cevil when it was handed out to him, Sera couldn't resist the pull of that gem. Her hand moved slowly to take it though what she wanted to do was snatch it. In a weird way it felt like time was slowing down and dragging at her. Like it didn't want her to reunite the pieces.

Finally her fingers curled around the gem and the room exploded into light.

There was no heat, no pain, just a brilliant white light that forced a human to shield their eyes or suffer blindness. It might have lasted for minutes or it might have lasted for seconds, it was hard to tell to Serafina was time still clutched frantically at her. When it did finally fade however the gem was gone and all that was left was dust which she let go, panting.

Slowly, she stretched out her hands and lightning danced between her fingers. Wonder widened her eyes and then, eventually, she looked back over at him. The man who had beaten her, kidnapped her, broken her into a thousand pieces and remade her. She should have felt rage, she knew, but all she felt was pity.

"Do you still want to die?"

• Popcorn

Solgrin

Bandit Chief
"Yes." He said simply.

There was no doubt in his mind. Solgrin deserved it. Whatever pit was waiting for him in the afterlife, whatever eternal abyss that had been prepared for him. That was where he belonged, where he needed to be when all of this was done.

That had become clear to him long ago. "But not yet."

He said quietly.

His eyes were closed, though he could not recall when he had actually shut them. Instead he took in a deep breath, before slowly pulling them open.

"I have things to do yet." Though, if she were to burn him down to the bone now then so it would be. "Promises that went unsaid to fulfill."

Sol explained. "To Einar, to Maria, the others."

He would see them done.

• Thoughtful

Serafina

The Heir of Marcell
Character Biography
Link
Serafina watched him calmly as he shut his eyes lost in his own thoughts and passion. The man jumped from one extreme to the next. From the villain to the hero, though she was certain he would never attribute such a title to himself. But when he was gone these people would. Einar and Maria. The others. They would sit with their families gathered at their feet and tell them the stories of the man they had chosen to follow in their youth. When he opened his eyes and reiterated his pledge she only glanced away to look at the others for confirmation. Einar nodded but Maria still looked to be in shock at hearing her chief admit his desire for death.

Sera put her hands neatly behind her back.

"When you're done, then."

Then she would grant him his wish.

• Popcorn

Solgrin

Bandit Chief
"When i'm done."[/color[ Solgrin agreed.

He was ready to die.

He could have done it now. He could have accepted that abyss. Whether it was torture or something else that awaited him. Solgrin was prepared for an eternity of death and breaking. Whatever greeted him on the other side, he would embrace it.

Yet it was not time for that, not yet. "Let's get out of here."

The Bandit Chief said as he offered a hand to Serafina.

"This city is not ours." He told her quietly. "And there's much to do."

Near a hundred members of the Band. Near a hundred men and women whom would see their dreams and desires fullfilled. Some of them only wanted gold, others families, and still others echoes of the past they had left behind.

Solgrin would see to all of it.

• Popcorn

Serafina

The Heir of Marcell
Character Biography
Link
Sera hesitated only briefly before taking the hand given to her. There was an audible sigh of relief from Einar who flashed her a grin when she glanced over at him and shrugged his shoulder in a poor excuse of an apology. She smiled in return then went back to listening to what it was Solgrin said. She might have had the magic for herself now but she was still naïve to war, strategy and battle. With what swirled inside her in that intoxicating manner she felt as though she could have torn the whole city down if she wanted to but the stab of pain from her ribs reminded her that her body was very much human and could break.

Every few steps she gave an involutory noise of pain.

"If the girls are free why don't we just leave silently?"

She of course had no idea what it was Venrick had revealed about how deeply the whole enterprise went.