Private Tales The Legend's Heir

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
He smiled briefly, though didn't answer for a few seconds. Solgrin had accepted his death by one means or another. It would have been a lie to say he would look forward to dying with the weight of the curse still on him.

The Bandit Chief feared it.

He didn't know what would happen, what weight would crash on him in the afterlife. He could still remember the words said over him, the flashes of his future he saw when the curse first landed upon his soul, but he did not know if any of it was true.

"Yes." He said finally, as if snapped out of some sort of trance by her touch.

"We should." Solgrin agreed. "You'll have to awaken as a noble lady."

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Serafina
The expression Serafina made at his words was enough to convey her feelings towards that particular sentiment. Still, there was a hesitation before she dropped her hand from his face and then slowly slid her way off the rock. The Bandits might have known the pair had slept together, once as far as they knew, but there was no need to make it more obvious there was something deeper that bound them. A magical connection might be used against either of them.

"Goodnight," she murmured softly and tucked her hair behind her ear. With one last look over her shoulder she then picked her way back to her tent.

In the morning as the Bandits dismantled the camp, Sera, Violet and Nyx all clambered into their costumes. When they emerged there was more than a few whistles for the three beauties; Nyx wore a soft yellow that complimented her darker skin whilst Violet had chosen a light purple gown. It was Sera however in a deep blue dress that had most of the men double taking.

"This isn't going to work,"
Sera announced and promptly turned to try and wriggle her way back inside the tent. Attention was something servants learnt to avoid and she didn't like the fact she was getting it already. It was Nyx who stopped her and turned her back towards the wargs.

"Remember what I taught you, head up, ignore them. None of them exist to you."

• Smug
Reactions: Solgrin
Solgrin looked up from the saddle that he had been working on, glancing at the three girls and nodding approvingly at them.

"It will work." He called out over the din of the others. His voice carrying above the clamor. Some of the others looked as though they were about to say something, though they knew better than to speak up.

The village was just around the corner, or at least only a few hours off. "When we ride into town you'll each get horses, but for now, no riding the wargs."

They would be starting to craft a story, one that would follow them all the way to Tel Amos.

"Violet with Ein." He motioned to the northmen. "Sera with me."

Sol glanced at the last of the three women. "Nyx?"

She glowered at him for a moment, then pointed to one of the younger lads.

"Kal, shut the fuck up and help me up."

Solgrin smirked for a moment, but didn't dare say anything at all.

• Stressed
There was a flicker of disappointment on Einar's face but it quickly vanished and he valiantly helped Violet on to his steed. Nyx complained loudly and even smacked the poor lad when he tried to put his arms around her in order to take the reins. Sera was the only one who looked nervous. For the first time she shook as she went to Sol not out of fear of him, but out of fear of failing in their joint mission. She settled into his lap as though she had always belonged there despite the tremors that wracked her body.

"I feel sick," she whispered in confidence to the man who was her jailer and her ticket to freedom.

• Popcorn
Solgrin looked down at her as they started off on the last leg of their trek. "Don't."

He said it with such conviction that one could almost believe that it would actually work. It was often that way when he spoke, as if he believed that just by verbalizing something he could just make it happen. An authority that clung to some sort of mysticism.

It was hard to tell if he believed in that himself.

"There is no threat." Not yet anyway. "These people will believe you, you just have to try and play the part."

Push whatever nerves there were down as best as she could. "Focus on the task at hand, everything else can just drift away."

• Bless
The skirts of her dress were not designed for a warg, nor for sitting astride a horse but rather side saddle. As such she was reliant entirely on Sol keeping her in place. Even if she hadn't been though she would have leant into him and relaxed like she did now. His words were a soothing balm and she let herself draw strength from his convictions. As the wargs moved out, Serafina took a deep breath in through her nose and let it out slowly through her mouth.

"Okay," she nodded slowly. Her voice was shaky but there was a thread of courage. "I can do this," for the sake of the woman in her visions as well as the mission. Now that Sol had told her what it was they were fighting for there was more determination in her to do it.

For him.

• Popcorn
As he had promised, the village was not much to look at.

It was slightly larger than the town Violet and Serafina had grown up in. There was a small palisade wall, though no central keep. Instead the town seemed to be situated around a large market and three central manors.

Solgrin had visited here half a dozen times before, though never with any fanfare or note. Now it would be different. "Chin up."

He told her.

"Don't look down." It was something that he had always noticed about the nobility. "Whatch whats ahead."

Not what was around her. She was predator, everyone else; prey.

• Stressed
Everything he said was the opposite to what Serafina had been taught her entire life.

"Eyes down, Serafina. The help does not look at noble ladies," Lady Indigo scowled.

"Yes, ma'am," Sera bowed her head and looked down at her shoes. She didn't look up until her Ladyship sighed and stepped forward to cup her chin and guide her gaze upwards.

"I know you and Violet have a special bond, and that will be important in the future. But, Sera, you must remember which side of life you were born on and which she was born on."

She blinked away the memory as the wargs came to a stop inside the small town. People gave the beasts a wary look but there was no comment on them and a few nodded to the Bandit's. Her grip tightened on Sol for one brief moment and then she slid down from his lap. Chin up, don't look down, watch what's ahead.

"Einar, find my ladies and I suitable horses I won't be riding those beasts another mile! Kal, procure us lodgings and have a bath waiting for me when I get back. Solgrin and I have business to attend to," she raised her brow towards the Bandit chief and held her hand out expectantly.

• Popcorn
Well that was certainly an abrupt change.

Solgrin didn't mind if of course, it was what they needed. The others seemed stunned for a few seconds though, something that he had to hide a grin for. "Of course, my Lady."

The Bandit Chief said as he stepped over and offered her a quick hand so that she could get off of the Warg. It was a smooth liquid motion, lifting her just enough to not offer any form of indignity. He had done it a thousand times before, and though he didn't like it, the motion was almost natural.

"We'll find a residence." He told her, though leaned in. "For one night."

They would not stay longer than they needed to.

• Smug
The Bandits froze at Sera's words and then in a buzz of activity set to her orders. It leant her a precious piece of confidence and hope that she could in fact pull this off. Though when Sol took her waist and lifted her from the beasts back he would no doubt feel just how much she was shaking beneath the layers of silk. This was far beyond her comfort zone but at least she wasn't showing it. When he tugged her closer and whispered the true order, Sera swallowed and gave a subtle nod.

"Let's just get this over with," she murmured quietly so that only he could hear and then glanced around the town. Nobody seemed to be paying them any mind. "Where are we meeting your contact?" Violet and Nyx knew what it was she needed from the store more than she did and they would deal with some more suitable dresses whilst they met with the contact and learnt a bit more about their target.

• Popcorn
"That manor." Solgrin said as he pointed his finger up towards the largest of the three buildings that the town seemed to be built around.

Through his lifetime Sol had made many enemies, but he had also made a few friends. It helped him now and again, he was hoping that this was one of those times. Drawing himself up slightly he pulled Serafina along gently.

A knight guiding his lady.

"His name is Tellim Agrill." He explained. "He is a fear friend, once part of my army. One of the Lieutenants."

A man who had been brave on the battlefield, but had decided not to join the Band in the end.

• Stressed
Sera swallowed the rising nausea and gave another nod. Upon her face she painted a half coy smile as though she were enjoying some private conversation with her knight. She didn't dare rest of eyes on anything else even though she was curious of how life differed her to her own small town back home; nobility didn't care about the common people. Nyx had told her that even as Violet had frowned, though her friend hadn't protested out loud. It made her wonder just how privileged her life had been just because she had had her as a friend.

"You still think he will help us?" as far as she knew he was the only onw who knew of their real intentions in Tel Amos. "He doesn't have loyalties to your ... other old friends does he?"

• Popcorn
"He will." Solgrin would not have come here if he wasn't sure. Part of doing this sort of thing was making sure you could actually pull it off.

It had been intentional, all of it laid out and planned.

"I trust him." Tellim did not have the stomach for banditry, but that did not make him a traitor. "He is a friend."

Though he knew the others on the Council, Tellim had been his lieutenant. There was no question in his mind that the man would work with him. Particularly because Solgrin's own activities had helped him over the last few years.

Slowly they stepped onto the garden path in front of the manor, reaching the door quickly as he reached out and knocked.

• Stressed
Sera had time to take a deep breath before the door was whisked open in front of them by a tall gentlemen with a face that was all sharp edges. His dress denounced him for a servant but his bearing was as lofty as a nobleman. He used his height to peer down his large bony nose at her and his eyes narrowed. She was sure he could smell her commoner blood and was about to take a step back, apologise, and flee when his attention shifted to Solgrin.

"Sir," he spoke through his nose and drew out the word as if he somehow respected him but also laughed at him. He gave a short bow and then his eyes flickered back to Serafina after which he gave an indignant sniff. "And the Lady Marie I presume?" Before she could say anything he stepped aside. "Please, the Master is waiting in his Winter Garden for you both."

• Popcorn
Solgrin smiled for a moment, then stepped forward. "Wonderful."

He commented dryly.

Quickly they stepped into the manor. The inside was not as lavish or decorated as other places of this size usually were. There were some tapestries on the wall, some paintings and a few things hung here and there, but most of it was bare.

There was a beautiful simplicity to it, but simple it was. Solgrin stepped through it, following after the servant until they passed through another door.

Tellim stood in the garden, holding a flower.

"Spring has come, it is always a lovely time without the blood."​

He said as he turned to Solgrin and Serafina. "It's always the best time for campaigning."

Sol commented.

"Aye, but I don't miss it. Welcome old friend, and guest."​

Tellim said with a smile as he made a short bow.

• Nervous
From what Solgrin had told her this was the only man that knew their true purpose and identity. In a way it was a relief not to have to act the lady at least in here. Who knew how long she would be wearing this mask? She knew that Sol was impatient to get it done so she doubted it would be longer than a week but even a full day of acting made her weary. So she would enjoy the small reprieve.

"Sera," she said shyly with a small smile and gave a little curtsey; not as low as a servants but similar to what an equal might give. Tellim wasted no time in taking her hand and kissing the back. When he stood he tucked the flower in her hair and gently grasped her chin between his fingers.

"Of course it would be a beautiful prize that has driven my friend mad all these years, no?" he gazed at her a moment longer then looked to his friend. "Come, sit. Let us talk."

• Popcorn
"Friend is a bit forward." Solgrin joked, though Tellim only smiled in rebuke.

"Commander? Friend seems a bit more accurate in these times."​

Solgrin smiled. "Perhaps it does."

He motioned for the two of them to follow, moving towards a table that had been set earlier situated in the middle of the garden. Solgrin pulled out a seat for Serafina, Tellim waiting to sit himself until Sera had taken her place.

"Is everything ready?" Solgrin asked.

"It is, though i'll need the coin soon."​

"I have it with me." He assured his friend. "We don't intend to stay for long."

"That is just as well. The town would get...nervous, even with everyone dressed up in their most Knightly form."​

Solgrin nodded, offering a wry smile.

• Popcorn
Sera glanced up at Solgrin with a smile as he pulled the chair out for her and she delicately tucked a strand of hair behind her ear in an effort to ease the butterflies in her stomach. How he would treat her back in the world where she could run from him had been a nagging concern over the last few days. He was placing in her a great amount of trust that she wouldn't do that, far more than Sera had expected, and because of that there was a part of her that was terrified some part of this was a trap.

"Me too," she admitted with a breathy laugh, breaking the meaningful eye contact that was going on between the two men. Tellim turned his full charm on the young girl, taking her hand between his and giving her knuckles another kiss.

"You, moi cherie, have nothing to worry about. I cannot believe you are not a lady, you have me fooled already," he smiled and a subtle pink spread across her cheeks.

"You're very kind, but we - I - need your help to pull it off. Is there anything you can tell us about the current society in Tel Amos... friendships or rivalries... people I should know?"

• Popcorn
Solgrin watched for a moment, though did not say anything as Serafina asked her question.

"There are a few things, but the General mentioned this in his letters."

It was of course obvious whom he was referring to. It was as though Tellim couldn't quite separate the past from the present, at least when it came to Solgrin. He was friend, Commander, and mentor all in one. He whistled quietly, then motioned to the servant that appeared.

A bemused smile flickered over Solgrin's features.

"Here, I believe this will help."

The Servant presented Serafina with what appeared to be a journal, or something close to it. There were only a couple of dozen pages, but each was filled with detailed notes and annotations. There were even some sketched portraits. "You did always like to overprepare."

Solgrin commented.

"A quality I learned from you."

• Wonder
A soft, sudden intake of breath of excitement escaped Serafina as he handed over the journal. She took it carefully from him and then began to carefully leaf through the pages, tucking her hair behind her ear so it didn't obscure her vision as she read.

"This is brilliant... thank you," Sera murmured and briefly glanced up to offer him a smile before looking back down. As he had said the pages were filled with carefully written out information on the different nobles and figures of Tel Amos from politicians to courtiers to the key people within the houses and several socialites. Tellim didn't try to hide the curious way he watched the girl as she read though Sera didn't appear to notice.

"Can I see it?" he asked suddenly. "This... gem you have been searching for all these years? Does it truly work?" his eyes flickered between Sera and Sol curiously.

• Thoughtful
A weariness crossed his features, one that was well earned over the years.

The Gem was not a secret, not to those that had been within the Court of the King. Most people knew about it, or had heard of it. They thought it a legend of course, as had the Four Advisors. Those that were closer to Solgrin knew better.

Tellim was one of those.

Solgrin glanced towards Serafina for a few moments, almost as if seeking her consent.

A few moths ago he would not have cared to do so, would not have even offered, but he had made a promise. If that promise was what made things more secure, then he would keep to it. Particularly as they traveled into Tel Amos.

He needed her bound tightly, kept in place.

Unlike Serafina, Sol saw what could happen here, what might happen here. He was not fool enough to let his guard down even among old friends.

Yet one had to play the game, and he played it well.

• Stressed
Sera's gaze snapped up when the gem was mentioned. There was a touch of fear in her eyes when they met Sol's; she didn't want to be passed around like some kind of weapon for his friends to play with and use for a few moments of pleasure. She was largely confident that Sol wouldn't allow that to happen either - anyone else holding the gem had control over her powers and that wasn't something he would want to relinquish.

At least that is what she hoped.

Tellium seemed to sense the tense but silent conversation that passed between them for he cleared his throat and continued.

"I didn't mean to cause offence, I understand a great many people seek the power for themselves. Are you hungry instead, you must have had limited things up in the Mountains," he clapped his hands and the servants vanished to get what he wanted.

• Popcorn
"I think that would be best." Solgrin said plainly.

For a moment Tellim glanced between the two of them, his eyes clearly searching for something. Sol kept his features blank, a practiced thing that he had learned long ago within his time at Court. A skill Serafina would likely learn better soon.

After a moment the former Lieutenant rose.

"Then please, join me in a moment."​

He motioned back towards the house, but was clearly offering the two of them a moment. "We will."

Solgrin said with a curt incline of his head. Tellim lingered for a moment more, his curiosity almost getting the better of him, and then he departed.

• Stressed
A breath she didn't know she had been holding left her in a rush when they were alone. She couldn't bring herself to look at Solgrin nor say anything, instead she put her head in her hands and squeezed her eyes shut. Her body betrayed her by revealing her nerves with the way it shook like a leaf in a winters howling breeze. She had suspected other people knew about the gem of course but it was a different thing to be confronted with them and so far her experiences had not been good. Nasaar had not been cruel but he had sought to use her for his own ends and the man she currently belonged to had been cruel to get what he wanted, even if he was trying a different tactic now.

What would this one try?

The carrot or the stick?

• Devil
His hand extended and he gently touched her shoulder. "It's alright."

Solgrin knew that there was a careful balance that had to be kept. Serafina was constantly, or nearly, teetering on the edge. Ensuring that she did not fall was part of what he had to do know, a fact that he was more and more aware of since their...conversation.

He would handle this carefully.

"Tellim won't do anything." He assured her softly. "He wouldn't risk what he has here."

It was a quiet way of saying that Solgrin would see to it, that he would not allow another incident like Nasaar. Even with the Band split, it was enough to burn this place to the ground.

He looked back for a moment, then towards Serafina. "And we won't be staying here."

No, they had their own room elsewhere.

• Cry