Fable - Ask The Insidious Sun

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
In his tent he sulked, upset for what had transpired. Confused and torn between different ideologies, but ultimately his lust for power controlled him. He blamed no one but himself when Kor humiliated him in front of their peers. His pride was hurt, almost akin to a warrior having his honor stripped from him. He reflected long enough to understand he must correct his mistakes.

“Ademar,” the familiar voice of Kor got Ademar’s attention, “come, a word with you.”

Anxious and nervous for what his old mentor would say, the young lad stood up and followed the man until he was at his side.

“I do not enjoy having to discipline my greatest apprentice,” there it was again, the manipulation Ademar was familiar and surrendered to. It wasn’t the first time he’d meet a calm Kor after being punished. “I did what I must in order for you to understand and be better.”

“I understand.”

“Good, then I offer you the chance of redeeming yourself.”

“How?”

“Simple,” and a few seconds passed before returning to dialogue, “tell me what you know of this...Talus.”

He tried in keeping a poker face, his heart in panic when asked that question. He wasn’t stupid to understand why Kor would ask him that.

Murder
“I’ve been on missions with him when I was an Apprentice, we were both in the same class.” He did not go further to tell that Talus was someone he could trust when they were both apprentices.

“So you must know his powers or at least to some degree. I ask this because he could be a threat to us, a potential compromise.”

They were lies and he knew it...

“Answer me and you will have redeemed yourself, and you will receive commendations from me in my report to Lady Virak. Certainly she will reward you for your loyalty and service to the House.”

Power...recognition...but at the cost of betrayal; betrayal was a word he was disgusted with.

“His powers are...strange. He can do things that the flesh cannot without magic, but...it’s just hard to describe. I’ve seen it once or twice in different applications.”

A half truth. The skin could not phase it was true, but he made it vague enough for Kor.

“Interesting...he must’ve done an excellent job in concealing his magic. I will need assistance when the time is right.”

He could not deny what Kor would ask, or else he’d suffer. He knew he’d have him help him in this act.

“Yes...”

“That will come when this mission is near complete. We will do our best in not committing much resources into this, we’ll let the others do the work and be exhausted before we strike at them.”

It would be a massacre. Cold blood.

• Scared
Reactions: Zana