Private Tales The Gardens of Narmaka

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
A soft and shy smile spread across her face. He saw right through her and she exhaled slightly and shifted where she lay. How did someone explain what she was to someone like him? The first thing that goes through someone’s mind is, is it contagious? Am I infected? Will they kill me? All those thoughts had been something she feared, but maybe he was different.

“I am.” She paused and shifted slightly away from him. She gave him an out to leave if necessary, also if he would turn on her, she was ready to protect herself. Sitting up, she looked at him, deep into his eyes searching for something telling her that this was a bad idea.

Nothing stopped her, so she continued.

“My father, my grandparents and my ancestors are something that people consider monsters.” Shifting again she brushed aside long strands of her dark hair behind her ear. “I come from a family of monster hunters, who in the beginning gave up their humanity to fight the monsters with their own weapons.”

A shy smile and her voice quieted. “I don’t know when exactly it happened, but my family, my Order, clan whatever you want to call it. We’re werewolves.” She held up a hand hoping she could continue before being bombarded with questions. “Its not passed as if it was typical Lycanthropy. We’re bred to be this way. If I bite, scratch what have you – I can’t pass the change or the gift as my father calls it. The only way its passed is through child birth, so I received it from my father – my mother from my knowledge was Elven.”

Exhaling she felt tears welling up in her eyes, but she blinked them away. “I don’t remember her. My father raised me in the forest where they met, I only remember brief moments of her, but we had to leave and Father said that mother couldn’t come along. One day she was there and the next she was gone. I’m not allowed to ask about her, but I want to find her or at least find out what happened to her.” Realizing she was rambling and now off topic, she recoiled slightly. “I understand if that changes your mind about me. No one knows who or what I am, besides my father and our Order of Hunters. I’ve never told anyone this before…”

• Popcorn
Reactions: Gerra
The hand on her face went very still as she spoke. Thoughts raced through his mind at once, hot and furious as a lava flow, but when they slowed they cooled and became as still as his hand.

When he spoke, his words were soft and low.

"It does not change my mind. I understand why you did not tell me."

He rubbed a tear from her cheek with a thumb. He closed his eyes and exhaled for a long moment.

"Have you heard of Molthal? That is where I am from. My father is the Fire Giant Menalus, Ash King of the Blightlands. A tyrant. The things he did... the things he made me do..."

Gerra shook his head slightly where he lay on the bed. "Purposeless. Mindless savagery."

The half-giant looked into her eyes.

"Stay with me. Stay with me despite all of that. Despite our fathers legacies. We forge our own destiny. Together."

• Cheer
Reactions: Achates