Jorn of Clan Sunshield
Nordenfiir
Character Biography
Link
T H E - F I R S T - D E P A R T U R E

proxy.php

Tags: Liadrin |

Equipment: War-axe | Seax |

The sun shone bright on the Alirian Strait that day, It's reflection dancing across the calm waves like a sea of gold that broke into glitter against the darkened hull of the ship. Standing at the bow of this ship was the Nordenfiiri explorer Reda Sunshield, Who's bear pelt hat and furs blew in the wind like the vibrant red and gold sail behind her, And who's bearhead bared it's teeth much like the grim wooden figure she clung to with one tattooed arm.

She gently closed her vibrant blue eyes, Taking in the feeling of cool trade winds that played with her ginger braids and the sea spray that occasionally chipped away at the blackened warpaint across her eyes and brow. She was headed home, And she would tell many a tale of this magnificent land.

"Liadrin~" She calls, Stepping down from the bow and onto the deck where her men were stowing away oars, Ready to let the wind guide their sea-steed "It is a glorious day is it not? To have the wind in one's hair and the sea-scent all around. To share it all with one who gives life meaning" Reda could hardly believe it herself that she'd met someone of her fancy so far south, But Liadrin, Fairest of all and sharp of both blade and arcane, Had already won her heart before this first departure.

Though many challenges lay ahead the two, She would bring Liadrin home as her one and only Jarna. Good things awaited them both, Why else would the gods have brought them together?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Liadrin
The Ocean.

Honestly it scared her. The depths of this place was so wide, and to fall in would mean certain death. Probably a bad time to mention she didn't know how to swim. While Reda seemed at home on this hellish vessel, the young woman on the other hand was not.

Why couldn't they have walked? There were perfectly good horses back on shore.

On the surface, she seemed to only be slightly uncomfortable, her eyes looking to the floor, her hands gripping the railing; though to the keen eye her knuckles were turning white. She began to wonder if her magic could see her off the ship, but given her state, it was better if she held off.

Hearing the call of Reda, she tried to see more presentable, standing up and fidgeting as she tried to remain stoic looking. She didn't know how the woman managed it, to be so fine and lovely all the time. It seemed exhausting. "I suppose the day is fine, but I do not care for the stench of the air. It's salty, and course. I feel it chipping at my skin. Irritating." She mutters, crossing her arms, just as tightly gripping her elbows. "When will we be at your home? This...boat travel is frustrating." It was a white lie, but one she felt no guilt in saying. She'd rather not inform the woman of her fear, least it complicate their whole affair.

Reda Sunshield

• Love
Reactions: Reda Sunshield
"Mm~ Days from now, But only a few. And when we are there, I will build us a home further inland and away from the coastal air" She chirps, Placing one hand on Liadrin's cheek and the other taking the woman's hand in her own, Having already spotted the white hue to her knuckles "I don't believe even the salt could chip at skin such as yours. Try as it may, The marble visage will remain long after the sculptor has perished, And his empire crumbled."

"Yet you are no statue, And I see that you are troubled..."
She sighs, Pulling Liadrin into a brief embrace

"If you do not wish to speak of it than I understand. Though my ear is as ready as my tongue still, Should you see fit to tell."

"Come~"
She then took a seat and pats the one beside her, Putting the wooden lip of their longship between her sight and the ocean, As would Liadrin's should she join her

Liadrin

• Love
Reactions: Liadrin
Days? On this craft, so far from land? The news caused the maidens head to dip. Her lips curled downward, showing she was displeased at this news. She flicks at the touch to her face, the gentle caress of another was still an alien sensation, but she did not pull away. Though, her cheeks turned the faintest shade of red at the woman's comment. "I am not everlasting." She remarked, her pale eyes glancing to the woman, though her gaze was soft.

Her frown is tested however, as the embrace of the woman wraps around her, the blonde halting as she tried to process a proper response. Still, Reda wished to prey secrets from the woman, and the spell blade could not hide from her. Being led onto a bench, Liadra kept her arms gripped, the woman looking more uneasy by the moment. Sitting down, she took in a deep breath, her gaze falling onto Reda, as she prepared to divulge her secret. "I...do not like the ocean. It...frightens me." She sputtered, her gaze going back to the side of the ship, cautiously watching the water as if it might react to her words.

Reda Sunshield