Private Tales The Ending of The Beginning.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Yerin met the elf's eyes for a moment before looking away. She didn't need the elf's pity she told herself her brow furrowing as she climbed onto the top bunk. though a small part of her was hungry for that the comfort of understanding that was in the elf's eyes. She rolled over in bed curling up with her back to the room. She cradled her arms to her chest the memory of that pain haunting her skin.

------

Eleanor woke the next morning to the sound of running water. Elise was still seated in the armchair but now the bath was full, and the water ran from the tap to keep it hot.

It felt strange waking up among such finery after having lived so humbly for so long. She had grown up in a noble family so she had been no stranger to finery but this was extravagant even by those standards.

You have worked hard, you deserve this. She had to remind herself. She moved into the bathroom stopping up the drain and turning off the tap. She looked over various bottles of perfume that sat on a table, unstopping some of the bottle and wafting the aroma under her nose. She picked one that smelled of rose and lavender poring some into the bath and letting the steam of the hot water carry the sent up into the rest of the room.

She put the bottle down and moved to take off her nightgown, but paused with her hand on the tie at her waist. She felt Elise's eyes on her.

When she had been living with Luna she had never felt ashamed of her body. They had been comfortable and open with each other... but this was different somehow.

"I would appreciate it if you didn't stare," Eleanor muttered. vulnerability coming into her former dispassionate tone.

once Elise turned away Eleanor disrobed and climbed into the tub, sinking into the warm water, letting herself relax. She tipped her head back resting it on the edge of the tub and took a deep breath breathing in the floral perfume. This kind of gentle bliss felt almost unreal. This is your fate now, might as well enjoy it. If you don't learn to enjoy it you'll destroy yourself in your own grief and pain. So enjoy it when you can. Eleanor thought, her thoughts mingling with the whispers.

She ran her fingers through her hair and dipped her head under water coming up her white hair dripping and weighted with the water. She lead back again and relaxed but thoughts her spinning through her mind.

"Elise?" She finally spoke "You don't resent me do you? For killing Luna, for ascending to Void Forger even though I am so new?" She was asking, not ordering, and there was genuine emotion and vulnerability in her voice.

• Yay
Reactions: Elise Darkwater
“Oh Um of course mistress..” Elise said quickly looking away. A blush playing across her cheeks. She waited until Eleanor addresses her again allowing herself to look the other in the eye.

“Nah...Luna knew you’d be right for the job...and I trust her more than anything...and after seeing what you’ve done...” She paused contemplation heavy in her eyes. “Can’t help but agree with her. I care not for status..I just want this order to thrive and your it’s best bet...I...” She cut her self off but her mouth still formed the words before she could stop herself.

“..Don’t want to be alone anymore..”pushing past the moment it hung in the air she addressed the second part of her mistresses inquiry. “I resent you no more for killing Luna than you me for killing your..” She stopped again. So many uncomfortable pauses from a woman so often so confident. Vulnerability in her own words as well.

Seeing what she had looked like and what she looked like now..The beauty remained. She was pretty in a dark sort of way. But the age that hung in her eyes and the way she sat now. Unguarded. No facade of confidence. She sat like an orphan huddled against a cold breeze on a chilly night.

“So anyway...The answers n-no on both accounts..I..I need to do some patrols...She stood awkwardly and tripped. Elise was the most graceful person in the order. She had rarely so much as taken a tumble even when knocked off of her feet. Under that shell was a soft, shy, hurting person who had just shown too much of her hand. She felt Eleanor’s eyes hooking into hers.

Pulling apart her shell inch by inch. She had to escape..at least for now. Pulling herself up she dusted herself off. “I’ll be waiting outside the door when you have finished. We need to go to the barracks. Get the kids roused and fed..” She stammered as she quickly left the room in a fog of humiliation.

Eleanor listened to Elise's response, it was good to know that Elise trusted her as a leader.

Then the tone changed. “I resent you no more for killing Luna than you me for killing your..” Elise said.

She didn't need to say it. In that moment Eleanor's breath caught and her eyes went wide as the memories she had been burying started to bubble to the surface. She remembered watching as Elise ripped out her brothers throat and his drained corps fell to the ground beside her.

She had told herself she no longer resented Elise for what she had done. She had told herself she had put all of that behind her. And she knew that if she was to rebuild the order she could not cling to these memories.

Elise's vulnerability quickly overwhelmed her and Eleanor let her leave. She was relived. She need to be alone herself.

------

When Eleanor finally left the room she was dressed in a long sleeveless black velvet dress and purple cape, clasped at the neck with her old green broach. The dress clung to her figure, accentuating her femininity in a way that her old cloths had ignored. Her hair was slicked back with oils and perfumes hanging strait and loose down her back.

Here eyes were hardened all signs of vulnerability gone, replaced by her previous impassive demeanor.

"Are you ready, or do you need more time?" Eleanor asked, though her tone held no warmth, there was no malice in it either.

“I’m always ready mistress.” Elise said with a small nod readying to lead her mistress to the barracks. They wound through many halls until they came to an old oaken door.

“Here we are...Its..Not the best..” She said after a moment.

Before further into the room sounds of a scuffle we’re taking place.

“What’s the meaning of this!” Elise walked in. The fight quickly broke up. The dead eyed elf was sporting quite the bloody nose. And Yerin was winded with a quickly swelling cheek. “Well? Out with it!” Elise snapped.

Yerin Glanced at Eleanor then looked away locking her eyes on the floor and crossing her arms. Sarin hung back watching with wide eyed concern.

"I was just trying to be friendly but miss perfect here is too good for me," Yerin huffed.

The elf made a rude gesture at Yerin.

Eleanor sighed "If you want people to perceive you as friendly perhaps refrain from getting into fist fights with them."

Yerin flinched.

"I know you have all been through a lot but things will be a lot easier if you have others to lean on, and rely on... trust me, I know."

• Yay
Reactions: Syn Ba'al
Listen to your void forget young ones. There are enough things here that will try and kill you without you doing it for them.” Elise said swatting they elf’s rude gesture as the dark elf began to tend to her nose and Serin tended to her sisters cheek.

Elise paused.

She felt it.

Eleanor felt it too. “She is ready..” Came a lone whisper among the usual babble.

“I must go my mistress. These children’s leader awaits me. I shall return soon meet me if you wish. I may need Melaniphi as well. Find her at your leisure should you find your self willing and able my mistress.” Elise said respectively though her tone was tense.

She had missed Syn. Missed her desperately.. She took her leave as Eleanor allowed melting into the shadows.

She would appear where she had left Syn. A small door stood in front of her. She stopped in front of it. “My love..” She whispered “I’m

• Devil
When the void released her there was a gasp as air filled her lungs once more, she opened her eyes and there was only darkness. Panic began to take over till she remembered... She's blind.
It was strange, in her dreams she could see everything... Had she really been dreaming for so long, or was this a nightmare?

Milky white eyes gazed sightlessly around the room, the scars on her eyelids like an eye mask of a burglar. Syn felt the cold stone beneath her, the floor? No, she could sense a space, a stone table or alter. She was dressed in a simple ceremonial gown on an alter. Was she sacrificed? Where was she?
She cautiously put her feet over the edge till her toes felt the floor.
She knocked on the alter once with her knuckles, the sound bounced imperceptibly around the room and gave her a good sense of her surroundings. There was a door across from her.

What place was this? She detected echoes from great distances within this massive structure, they were underground, she could tell that much.

There was a sudden flurry of sounds and scents that assaulted her senses all at once, driving her underutilized senses into overload and putting her back into a panic. Someone hit somebody, loud words, surprised heartbeat, approaching steps. She began to hyperventilate and rushed to the door. Words, a presence, someone on the other side. She flung the door open, nearly tearing it from its hinges, she screamed as the sound burst upon her ears and she shot out of the room, bumping past someone before hitting the opposite wall of the hall, stone cracked where she hit it with her shoulder, her shoulder snapped as well but all that registered was a blast of euphoria from her shoulder.

Using the wall as a guide she ran, her bare feet slapping against the stone as she propelled herself down the hall far too fast, before her senses could detect another wall ahead of her she hit it head first at breakneck speed, her world exploded in euphoria and she fell to the floor, a gash leaked blood from the head wound but all Syn could do was shudder and gasp at the pleasure she felt, unable to stand which was probably for the best.

“Syn!” Elise was dumbfounded as the door was slammed open with massive force. The girl blew past her in a panicked flurry of speed and strength.

“Syn..” Elise said softer as she slowly approached the dreadweaver. “It’s me Syn..Elise..” She said gently. Slowly placing her hands on Syn’s own and guiding them to her lips. The smile there. And a drip of moisture. A shake in her composure.

“I won’t leave you again my love..I’m..Im so sorry..” Elise whispered. If allowed she would leave Syn’s hands where they remained and gently cupped the girls face in her right hand before pulling her into a deep embrace holding her for a moment. Allowing her to further calm. Her claws pricked the girls back slightly as Elise bit her neck affectionately. Knowing she enjoyed the pain she gave as she despences it lightly with a playful tone.

• Love
“Syn!”
She heard her name called, as her shoulder snapped back into place and the throbbing of euphoria faded from her skull she began to focus on the voice, the hands, the familiar feel of a smile, the salty scent of tears.
"Elise?"
Her hand explored her face, her skin, the shape of her nose, her eyebrows, her lips.
Her tone was quizzical and childlike, the fear forgotten.
"Elise!"
She hugged her as Elise pulled her close. It didn't matter where she was, if Elise was here and she wasn't worried then everything was fine.
She giggled at the attention she gave her and shivered with pleasure.

"What happened, where are we? Did we defeat the Paladins?"
She loosened her grip in the hug to touch her face again.
"Big sister... This feels like a dream, is this really real?"
She blinked her sightless eyes in confusion and childish curiosity.
"When did you leave me? I'm confused, what's going on?"

The whispers shifted. Something had changed, and Elise was insisting that she had to leave to attend to something. Eleanor was getting the vague sense that it had to do with Syn.

Elise was rambling. "Ok," Eleanor muttered and that was all Elise needed. She was gone and Eleanor was left alone with the new recruites.

A panic began to well up inside her, she was still new here herself and didn't know her way around. How was she suposed to keep up the facade of an all powerful leader when she was just as lost as they were. And what even was she supposed to do with them?

No- stop, You are the void forger. It doesn't matter what Elise intended to accomplish, nor does it matter what is customary for the order. I am here to reforge the order and my word is law.

She took a deep breath regaining her composure. To those standing by the only indication of her distress would have been a vacant unfocused look in here eyes.

She turned back to the girls. "Follow me," She instructed.

The great black book had said she was connected to all the whispers. She had already used them to communicate with some of her sisters. She should also be able to instruct them to guide her through the building. She thought her command and was rewarded with directions whispered in many voiced. A slight smile of satisfaction crept across her features but was quickly gone as she crossed the barracks and went through a door on the other side into a mess hall.

The room was large with several long wooden tables and benches filling the space. Four simple places settings were already prepared at one end of the table, trays laden with a simple yet solid breakfast, eggs, sausage, and toast.

The sight of the food reminded Elanor that she had not eaten yet today. In addition to her natural hunger she could feel the void was hungry too and it gnawed at her.

"Eat, and try to get along. Some one will return to begin your training so it would be in your best interest if you actual ate everything." She explained. With out really waiting for them to respond or react she returned through the barracks and out into the hall.

She let out a deep sigh. Alright, what now... Elise had said something about needing Melaniphi, but Eleanor did not believe that the girl was quite ready, she hadn't even been given a book yet. If it was the touch of a priestess that was needed Eleanor knew she would be able to handle whatever the issue was.

This time she didn't need to ask the whispers for directions. She was connected to the void and the void was connected to her sisters. It was almost as if her usual aura perception was extended beyond its usual range lingering around wherever the void resided. She followed these senses till she came to where she could sense Syn and Elise.

"Is everything alright? You ran off in quite a rush... oh. I see..." Eleanor said coming upon Elise holding Syn and gently biting her neck. "... Would you rather I leave you two alone..."

• Love
“After the battle I was injured. We were helped by some of the guards here.” Elise said continuing to hold her sister close. “You needed time to recover as well as I. Our master commanded it...” Her voice fell short. “I..I waited everyday at this door when I could..When I felt the shift I dare not think it true.” Elise whispered.

Elise jumped to attention as Eleanor entered. A blush glowing vibrantly against her pale complexion.

“Oh of course not Mistress. Syn..Um..The head dreadweaver and I were simply helping her reprocess her surroundings..” Elise said and it was true enough.

“Our master saw fit to keep her in stasis for a time..” A flash back to how Syn had been after their battle with the paladins.
“After our battle securing another artifact she...Needed time to recover..” Elise had been vague and seemed grateful Eleanor had come in. A distraction for Syn. Dodging those questions she asked earlier.

Those were answers for another time. She was giving a rigid bow to both Syn and Eleanor now that she was in the presence of two of the highest ranking meme era of their order. She refused to move until asked to stand by both and finally relaxing.

Elise was being awkward, but Syn was too happy to pay much attention to it.
She turned her face towards the sound of footsteps and heard a voice.
"Is everything alright? You ran off in quite a rush... oh. I see..." Eleanor said coming upon Elise holding Syn and gently biting her neck. "... Would you rather I leave you two alone..."
"Eleanor, is that you?"
Having been extricated from hugging Elise she jumped up and ran to Eleanor with a joyful squeal,
"Sister Eleanor!"
She leapt to hug her about the neck but miscalculated the distance, changing her landing from her shoulders to planting her face right in the middle of Eleanor's chest.
She was surprised that her face was suddenly pressed against a soft bosom, but she hugged her anyways.
Her voice muffled by her clothing.
"I miffed yu fo much!"

She pulled her face from her chest for a moment.
"So you're here too? What is this place? We're underground, is this a dungeon?"

• Yay
Reactions: Eleanor Griffin
Eleanor tensed at the unexpected hug but relaxed after she got over the surprise and put a gentle arm around Syn in reciprocation.

"We are in Blackrock keep," Eleanor explained. "It is finally time to beguine the rebuilding of the order. This is going to be our home now. It is very nice here, you are going to like it."

Eleanor then looked at Elise "I am sure both of you are hungry. Let eat... or whatever you two do to sustain yourself." Eleanor said.

• Cheer
“We will of course make sure your meal is taken care of before seeing to our own needs mistress.” Elise said with a quick bow. “If you and Syn would like to go to your quarters I will serve it there or where ever you prefer.” She said politely. Elise had to remind herself that while these where her closest sisters they were still leaders of her order. With enough power and authority to crush her under foot with little to no consequence, and yet she had to remind herself to be mindful of at times like these and was forcibly reminded in times like the pit. A chill ran up her spine remembering Eleanor. “Um..W-What dish would you prefer?” She asked again with a small nod to Eleanor coaxing a response.

“Stop taking those big bites!” The dark elf slapped dead eyes on the shoulder. The dark elf gave her a raised eyebrow of a glance but she refused to back down.

Taking the plate from her she would begin to cut her food. “Don’t give me that. If you start choking I’ll have to save you again and you’ll be even more embarrassed.” She snapped as dead eyes seemed to resort to a simple eye rolling pout.

They sat across from the twins the dark elf glancing at Serin with shy smiles of interest while dead eyes eyed Yerin like a dog wanting another round.

• Bless
"It is finally time to begin the rebuilding of the order. This is going to be our home now. It is very nice here, you are going to like it."
Syn looked about the hall, she couldn't see anything but she was being cute.
"You mean we live here? This place is huge! And there's others too, lots and lots of others. Are they our sisters too?"
Her blank eyes went wide and she let out a small gasp, "Is Luna here too!?! I missed you and Luna for so long, it's been forever! I think the last time we were all together was in Luna's cabin in the tundra."
She bounced on her feet, still hugging Eleanor but she adjusted so she wasn't smothering herself in her chest.

“We will of course make sure your meal is taken care of before seeing to our own needs mistress.”

“If you and Syn would like to go to your quarters I will serve it there or where ever you prefer.”
She perked up at the mention of food/sustenance, and everyone was immediately made aware of how starved she was by the low growl that came from her stomach. How long had she slept?
"Umm, Yeah, I'm super duper hungry!"
At the mention of quarters she brightened up even more, "Do I get a room next to Elise!? That would be awesome! Where is it? I can't wait to have my own room!"