Completed The City of Peace

"Oh, I have a knack for being where I need to be." Duncan said, still smiling.

Fel'Darrah, or at least one of it's ministers, had made a mistake. That needed to be exploited, and the faster it was the more there was to gain. Gilram would have to be informed, but that wouldn't be much of a problem. Not for him.

Digging into his pocket, the Dreadlord motioned to Ivan. "When you see him."

From his pocket he pulled out a coin.

He placed it against his lips, and Ivan would see a brief flash as Duncan seemed to whisper into the coin. The magics passed, and then he held the little sliver of metal out towards Ivan.

"Give him this." It would only work for Edric. "And tell him to enjoy the vacation while it lasts."

• Wonder
Reactions: Ivan Skender
He took the coin in his hand, weighing it on his palm as he glanced curiously at it.

- "Will do." - He responded, turning his gaze towards the rogue Dreadlord. - "I guess..." - He caught himself at that last bit. What was he even guessing?

Ivan had meant to say something along the lines of 'let's keep in touch' but again, he figured it wouldn't be that straightforward. He presumed that Gilram's exiles would have some infiltrators inside the Academy, and that it would be through them that they'd keep contact, but even then he wasn't sure.

"Huh, one thing at a time." - He thought to himself.

- "I'll be expecting your word." - He stated simply, before adding with a sly smile. - "And I'll still be interested in those private lessons with the Archon that you gave Edric." -

With that he walked away.

The rest of his mission went - against all odds - rather smoothly. The Fel'Darrahns had not taken long to understand who Edric was, and, most importantly, with whom he was, and so were quick to release him to the initiate's custody. From there they headed towards the Great Hall where Rickard Forbarr was already expecting them, passing on their way there by the library which - at this point - was crawling with guards.

Forbarr, while initially disappointed at not being able to capture Duncan, soon lightened up when he realised he would bring in a much better prize.

- "You'll be rewarded for this, Skender." - He said, very clearly pleased at both himself, and the initiate. - "Good job." -

A malicious grin then took over his face.

- "As for you," - He continued, turning to Edric with a perceptible shift in his voice. - "I'll see to it you hang for what you've done." - He spat at Edric's feet. Beside the Anirian, Edric would be able to recognize the very same Minister that had welcomed the rogues into Fel'Darrah. - "Traitorous scum." -

With that, the two of them were off and, within a fortnight, were back in Anirian lands. It would be during this time, without Lord Forbarr realising, that Ivan would pass Duncan's coin onto Edric, during one of his meals.​