Private Tales The Cherry Rose Reunion 2.0

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Eilerias

~
Cherry Rose Inc.
Character Biography
Link
Eilerias sat quietly by the fireplace back in her own home, across from the Raven Club. She moved back in after the death of the club's owner, her former fiancé. She was knitting a tiny pair of yellow socks as she rocked in her rocking chair. Picking up another tiny yellow sock to compare the pair, she sighed. "Not again..." Noticing one several inches larger than the other, she cut the sock away and tossed it into a small pile of mismatched socks, tiny clothes, and items Gwen had gifted her over the past few months.

Oh the gifts from Gwen...golden necklaces, jewels from all over Arethil, ugly artwork Eilerias didn't understand...all as some sort of apology? It felt more like a bribe. Expensive gifts to make her forgive and forget the fact that she killed her fiancé. Eilerias didn't want any of it. She hated gifts. They wouldn't bring her fiancé back. They wouldn't bring the father of her child back.

Now, she was eight, nearly nine months pregnant and she was in what some would describe as the 'nesting' mode. She was alone. Instead of visiting Charity or tending to her church, she now spent most of her time sitting beside her fire, knitting or attempting some sort of project to prepare for her child. She didn't mind being so cooped up. She didn't often go out in public anyway, fearing someone would recognize her as the beacon of purity she once preached to be.

Charity sent her a letter, and everyone else she assumed, inviting them to a gathering...and a baby shower of sorts... at the Raven Club. As if the first reunion wasn't an entire shitshow. Why now and why in the Raven Club? Eilerias hadn't even stepped foot in that building after Isak's death. She had been quick to give any shares of the business she held to Gilgamesh so she could distance herself from so much tragedy. She didn't want to be there. She didn't want to see any of them...especially Gwen.

She knew Gwen hated being forced to events like this. If she was lucky, Cleo would finally do Eilerias a favor and let Gwen avoid socializing for once. She doubted it. And knowing the nature of Charity's party, it would be yet another opportunity for empty apologies covered in gold leaf and sapphires. Another present in the garbage.

She looked out the window at the sunset and slowly pushed herself out of her chair. It was time. Humming quietly to herself, she made her way to her wardrobe and slipped on the only nice dress that she had left. It was a rich navy color that flattered her pale skin, but it was a bit too low cut and tight for her liking. It was one of the only dresses that she could still fit in. Somewhat.

"Hiya Charity," She greeted her quietly, making her way over to give the girl a hug. "I'm surprised to see you aren't late for once." She laughed, taking a seat at the table. She glanced around, growing a little nervous the more time she spent in the Raven Club. "I really wish you would have thrown this gathering at your place though. I know its farther away, but it just feels a little weird to be here."

Gwendolyn Vollmund
Charity Briarthorne
Amadeus Greywood
Honey
Urchin
(OOC: Title is not permanent, I've just run out of brain cells for the night.)

Last edited:
"Read 'em and weep boys!" Charity declared loudly, slapping her cards down onto the table. Groans erupted around the table as she pulled the large pile of coins towards her. "Yer cheatin' ain't cha girlie?" the man sitting next to Charity questioned angrily, grabbing her by the wrist. Suddenly a dark black mist appeared between them.

"Is there a problem, darling?" a soft motherly voice purred. A beautiful, dark haired elven woman stepped out of the mist, leaned over and draped her arms over Charity's shoulders. "Stella!" Charity exclaimed happily. Tipping her head back into Stella's shoulder, Charity kissed her on the cheek.

Charity didn't know what she would do without Stella. The woman was amazing. She was the first person Gwendolyn had put her in contact with after wanting to create a gang, and they had instantly hit it off. Stella was Charity's second in command, and took care of the books, kept track of jobs, and was a powerful fighter in her own right. She had even been a passionate lover on the occasional lonely night. Though she appeared to be in her late twenties, and was still quite young by elven standards, Stella was a couple decades older than the rest of the girls. This had led to her becoming the "mother" of the group, and she played the role proudly.

"No... Everything is fine. This gentleman was just confused, that's all." Charity said calmly, tilting her head to look at him and her normally blue eyes briefly became red. The man caught the dangerous edge to her voice and hastily released her arm. "Good! Now run along!" Charity said with a smirk. The man fearfully rose from the table, and the rest followed suit.

"While I have your attention dear, there is the small matter of a Mr..." Stella straightened and pulled a small notebook out of her shirt. "...Lundor. He has still failed to pay for protecting that shipment while he was away. Should I send Alyx to collect it?"

Charity sighed and threw her arm over the back of her chair. This was supposed to be a special day. She had arranged a baby shower of sorts for Eilerias, and the last thing she wanted to think about was business. "Mhm. She knows what to do. Once he's paid, we'll send a couple girls to "collect" his next shipment as compensation for making us wait so long. Anything else?" Stella shook her head as she wrote some notes in her book. "Have fun tonight!" she said with a smile before departing to relay her orders.

Charity tipped her chair back and put her feet on the table, sipping her drink. As darkness fell outside, Ogden appeared to chase off the remaining patrons. Some while later, she heard the bell above the door ring and was soon wrapped up in a hug. "Eile!" Charity cried joyfully and returned the hug. "Wow! That's a gorgeous dress! Anyway... How have you been? Was really starting to worry about you being cooped up in your tiny house all the time like that!"

"I'm surprised to see you aren't late for once." She laughed, taking a seat at the table. She glanced around, growing a little nervous the more time she spent in the Raven Club. "I really wish you would have thrown this gathering at your place though. I know its farther away, but it just feels a little weird to be here."
"What?! C'mon Elli! I wouldn't be late to a party for my favorite sister! That and I wanted to play cards and had some business to take care of so I've been here all afternoon." A small frown formed on her lips at Eilerias' nervousness. "I'm sorry Eile... I know you don't like being here. I guess I forgot that in the excitement of planning this..." She reach over and gently took her sister's hand. "But I really think tonight will be fun! Mother and Daddy are coming, and I invited Urchin and Honey too, though they weren't sure if they would be able to make it."

"Tonight's all about you and baby Eile!"
Charity said carefully poking the bump in Eile's belly. "So I'll make sure that you have fun and forget all about everything else okay?"

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Reactions: Eilerias
Another reunion at the Raven Club, after the last one Gilgamesh would have been hesitant to accept... Had he not been made the new owner of that establishment. Mercenaries from a company of higher repute and greater track record were on patrol around the club this time, real professionals which Gilgamesh is wont to spend the extra coin on. Quality was true value and worth every copper.
If Angelica decided to make an appearance she'd have her work cut out for her. Professionals always had a way of fighting magic, this world was full of magic after all.

Gilgamesh arrived by carriage. His familiar squeaking and tapping gait stepped down from the cabin and made its way to the door...
He stopped himself a moment with his hand on the latch... Never before had he been this involved in his family, they were a means to an end, but lately that was becoming less true... Charity was coming into her own, her power was growing and she was letting it, just as he instructed her.
Eilerias was with child, and that child will have a complicated heritage.

There were some new additions to the family as well, and he felt it was his fatherly duty to properly welcome them and contract them into his family...
He finally pushed the door open and squeaked his way inside.
"Seems we are still waiting on some people. Charity, Eilerias, it is good to see you both."

She sat across the desk from a client...

Client being the kindest, most professional term she could comprehend for the pain in her ass of a woman that sat across from her.

“Come again?”

Gwen said with a slightly raised eyebrow. The woman tensed. Her teeth showing slightly as her hands pulled into fists.

“I didn’t realize a woman of your ability would need someone to repeat themselves. But I guess age plays it’s part...” The woman Elise said with a toss of her brunette hair. Gwen remained neutral. Emotions were for children.

“But I said we won’t pay the new harbor protection tax. Gilgamesh is pushing and you know it. With Isak...Out of the way..” She said glancing away and examining her perfect ruby colored nails.

“His influence has been weakening. My smugglers don’t want to pay and they’re leaning on me. They think your soft.” She said with a devilish smirk.

“And frankly I’m inclined to agree.” Gwen simply glanced at Cleo. “What time is it dear?” She asked. “At this rate you will be late.” The Demond replied with a slight frown creasing her mask of a face. “Very well. Let’s wrap this up.” Gwen said with a nod. “What do you mean you old hag?” Elise spat glancing between them.

“We are far from done discussing this.” The table slid away as the chair followed suit moving against the wall. As the woman struggled to stand back up a foot came down crushing her right knee.

“How’s that for soft?” Gwen chuckled.

Twisting her foot into the crushed joint. “You’ll pay for this. My brother and sister...” “Came here before you did. They weren’t stupid enough to think they could talk this out.” Gwen finished for her.

“W-what..” Elise looked simply dumbfounded. “I’m sure they didn’t tell you. Didn’t want you to worry.” The slightest bit of sympathy seeped into the archive keepers eyes. The spit that splashed against her cheek however..banished this feeling to the pits of the forgotten. Grabbing her by her hair the broker would motion as a door seemed to shift into existence.

The archives were always at her command.. it opened to reveal the woman’s brother and sister. Or what was left of them. “Jen..Hale..” She would whisper in horrified disbelief. Gwen threw her inside. The closet small room revived her with open arms.

“Enjoy. I’m off to my own reunion.” She stopped hand resting on the door handle. “I’m almost jealous of you..” She said before pausing for a moment.

A single slender Pinter finger resting under her chin. “Well figuratively at least.” She said with a small nod.

“You’ll pay for this you crazy bi-“ She had began before the door slammed shut on her foe.

The door disappearing with a wave of her hand.

Never to be seen again.

“Well Cleo let’s be off.” She said with a toss of her silvery hair. As she walked through her doorway and a wave of her hand pulled the grime and blood from her person. Her clothes shifting into an elegant gown. She arrived at the Raven club somewhat tentatively.

Cleo went ahead of her and whispered information to Gilgamesh. Handing him a stack of messages. She drew back and bowed waiting for him to dismiss her before returning to Gwens side.

“Hello all...” She said in her normal almost sleepy tone. Taking in the room at large and allowing herself a rare smile.

"Wow! That's a gorgeous dress! Anyway... How have you been? Was really starting to worry about you being cooped up in your tiny house all the time like that!"

"You think so?" Her eyebrows raised, "It's the only thing I have left, but I don't want to be wasteful and buy more clothes I won't need in a month or so." She spun around, awkwardly attempting to show off the dress before sitting down. "I do regret giving my favorite dresses to that girl Urchin brought by. I suppose the priestess robes will be making a return."

"I've been keeping busy trying to make my own things for the baby. Socks, hats, little things, you know? It turns out that knitting is hard and I'm not coordinated enough for it. If you know someone who needs about a hundred mismatched socks, let me know."
She purposefully avoided any mention of how she actually had been.

Truthfully, the hardest part of losing her fiancé happened in Fal'Addas. She forgave Gwen for what happened; she was only defending herself. She, herself, felt guilty. She felt responsible for his death. She wondered what would have happened if she didn't follow him to his meeting with Gwen. If Gwen didn't pull her from the shadows. If she didn't freak out and throw her ring at him, saying she didn't want to see him again. Maybe things would have been different. Her guilt had her attempt to join Isak in whatever lies beyond this realm, but Gwen wouldn't let her.

She wasn't entirely sure if Gwen had gone through her things after arriving back in Alliria, but she had noticed since then that things were going missing in her house. Things that seemed a little too sharp or a little too dangerous.

"What?! C'mon Elli! I wouldn't be late to a party for my favorite sister! That and I wanted to play cards and had some business to take care of so I've been here all afternoon." A small frown formed on her lips at Eilerias' nervousness. "I'm sorry Eile... I know you don't like being here. I guess I forgot that in the excitement of planning this..." She reach over and gently took her sister's hand. "But I really think tonight will be fun! Mother and Daddy are coming, and I invited Urchin and Honey too, though they weren't sure if they would be able to make it."

"Oh of course that's why you're early! For the money," She winked. "I knew it wasn't to see me!"

She let Charity hold her hand, feeling a little at ease from her emotional state. "It's alright. It's just a bit hard sometimes. It will be okay though, I'm sure." She took a deep breath. "Oh! How is Honey? The vacation didn't scare her off? I'm surprised!" She mused. "How is work, by the way? Making more money than cheating at card games, I hope."

"Tonight's all about you and baby Eile!" Charity said carefully poking the bump in Eile's belly. "So I'll make sure that you have fun and forget all about everything else okay?"

Eilerias jumped at the poke. "You'd better be talking to me, the little guy has enough fun kicking me in my ribs all night." She rested her hands on the bump.

He finally pushed the door open and squeaked his way inside.
"Seems we are still waiting on some people. Charity, Eilerias, it is good to see you both."

A familiar squeak was heard from outside a few seconds before the door opened. A squeak that gave Eilerias goosebumps she couldn't explain and a fear that had no real basis. Sure Gilgamesh was strict, but she had never witnessed anything outwardly terrifying about the man. Only a general sense of anxiety accompanied his presence on the rare occasion they had crossed paths. She wouldn't let her overbearing emotions ruin a perfectly good party, though.

She twisted to watch as he entered the Raven Club, a sweet smile on her face. "Hello Mr. Briarthorne!" She waved, still finding it odd to call him father, though he legally was just that. "It's nice you could make it! Come, sit! How have you been?" She beckoned him over, against her better judgement.

“Hello all...” She said in her normal almost sleepy tone. Taking in the room at large and allowing herself a rare smile.

Gwen's voice cut through their small talk. She had decided to show. She whipped her head towards Cleo, giving a disapproving scowl, though the demon had no way of knowing Eilerias was irritated with Gwen or actively avoiding her and her constant barrage of gifts. "Hello." She made no attempt to hide her annoyance.

"I've been keeping busy trying to make my own things for the baby. Socks, hats, little things, you know? It turns out that knitting is hard and I'm not coordinated enough for it. If you know someone who needs about a hundred mismatched socks, let me know." She purposefully avoided any mention of how she actually had been.
"Good! It's relieving to know that you've been trying to keep busy instead of just staring out the window or something. But you know that's not was I was asking, Elli... You've been so gloomy since we came back from the trip. And you seem to be worse every time I see you!"

"How is work, by the way? Making more money than cheating at card games, I hope."
"Yeah! WAY more than I would make by cheating! Never realized how much people were willing to pay just at the suggestion that something might happening to them or their business. But the money coming in has been a bit less than normal... Daddy's been pushing a new harbor protection tax and everyone's really been resisting it. Now that he's given me some control over the docks, I know Daddy's expecting me to enforce those sorts of things. Its hard though... The girls and I have been working the docks for a few months now, but people still aren't taking us seriously. Even though they know we work for Gilgamesh Briarthorne, they-"

The bell on the door rang again, interrupting Charity. Her eyes opened wide with excitement and joy as if she hadn't seen her father in many years, though she had spent most of the previous afternoon training with him. Even so, Charity couldn't help but be overjoyed every time she saw him, like a dog welcoming home its master after a long day.

"DADDY!" Charity cried, excitedly waving. She stood and wrapped Gilgamesh up in a tight hug and kissed his cheek before pulling out a chair for him. "I'm so glad you could come! Was worried you would be busy with everything going on at the docks and just business in general!" The second Gilgamesh would take his seat, Charity would cling to him for dear life.

Cleo appeared followed shortly by Gwen. "Hello Mother!" Charity said happily, returning the smile. As happy as she was to see Gwendolyn, Charity now felt torn between her mother and father. She felt equally joyful to see both of her parents, yet at the same time, she wasn't used to seeing both of them in the same room so she was unsure how to handle it.

But looking around the table, Charity felt for the moment that she was actually part of a normal family. Smiling to herself she snuggled in closer to Gilgamesh.

"Hello Mr. Briarthorne!" She waved, still finding it odd to call him father, though he legally was just that. "It's nice you could make it! Come, sit! How have you been?"
"DADDY!" Charity cried, excitedly waving. She stood and wrapped Gilgamesh up in a tight hug and kissed his cheek before pulling out a chair for him. "I'm so glad you could come! Was worried you would be busy with everything going on at the docks and just business in general!" The second Gilgamesh would take his seat, Charity would cling to him for dear life.
Gilgamesh gave them each a nod of recognition, and then endured the affection Charity showered upon him. His knee squeaked and protested as he sat down in the chair they pulled out for him.

"The docks are an ongoing issue, but not one that requires my direct intervention at this time. It's run by corporations far older and powerful than ours, you should focus your efforts on the younger and smaller businesses that don't already have so much backing from the merchant counsel."
He regarded the daughter on his arm for a moment. She's changed so much and they've spent more time together recently, but she still clung to him like he might disappear, like a dream.
He hooked his cane on the back of his chair and leaned back, steepling his fingers together and crossing one leg over the other.

Cleo appeared on his other side, he listened to her message and accepted the pile of papers. But those papers merely disappeared inside his coat, he watched as Gwendolyn entered the room and suddenly occupied his full attention.
He knew that rare smile, he remembered when she used it more often.
"Gwendolyn... I am pleased that you chose to attend. Won't you sit with us?"

Last edited:
Gwen's voice cut through their small talk. She had decided to show. She whipped her head towards Cleo, giving a disapproving scowl, though the demon had no way of knowing Eilerias was irritated with Gwen or actively avoiding her and her constant barrage of gifts. "Hello." She made no attempt to hide her annoyance.

The smile died as quickly as it appeared. Like water on an open flame. Her eyes narrowed as a small bit of lightening snaked down her silvery blonde hair. Her eyes locked with Eilerias’s narrowing slightly but otherwise she remained neutral. She turned to the rest of the table.

Cleo appeared followed shortly by Gwen. "Hello Mother!" Charity said happily, returning the smile. As happy as she was to see Gwendolyn, Charity now felt torn between her mother and father.

She felt equally joyful to see both of her parents, yet at the same time, she wasn't used to seeing both of them in the same room so she was unsure how to handle it.
She braced for a hug that did not come to pass. She blinked taking in her daughter snuggled against her father. The neutral expression became a frown.

He knew that rare smile, he remembered when she used it more often.
"Gwendolyn... I am pleased that you chose to attend. Won't you sit with us?"

She sat as Gilgamesh bid, but the frown did not leave.

“It was on the way. The docks will remain open and profitable for the time being...But we will have to expand into more...aggressive negotiations..With the hydra heads that sprout from the stumps we created tonight.” Her eyes remained on the table.

“Eventually there will be enough heads competing for resources natural selection will take its place and the remaining weakened heads will be easily brought to heel. Eventually fear will wear away once more. Cut them down. The cycle continues.” Gwen laid out simply.

Not for Gilgamesh’s benefit.

He would have found the entire explanation simplified and a bit droll. It was for Charity’s benefit.. Gwen almost moved to pat her shoulder but resisted.

"Good! It's relieving to know that you've been trying to keep busy instead of just staring out the window or something. But you know that's not was I was asking, Elli... You've been so gloomy since we came back from the trip. And you seem to be worse every time I see you!"

"I'm fine. Just please would you leave that alone?" She snapped at Charity as she continued to press the issue. Charity was right, she was gloomy, but she didn't think she was getting worse. The details were fuzzy, but Charity and Gwen had been there when she tried to end her life. Realistically, how much worse could she have gotten from that night? She thought she was doing better. Still sad, but she could eat again and she had hobbies to keep her distracted from the whispers blaming her.

Instantly, she felt bad. Charity hadn't done anything to deserve any hostility from Eilerias. She knew she was avoiding her questions and called her out on it. "I'm..sorry..." She let out a long sigh. Charity was her closest friend and she found herself running from her, rather than confiding in her these days. "If you think I'm getting worse, I presume it was you that took all the knives from my home and not Gwen?" She raised an eyebrow.

The smile died as quickly as it appeared. Like water on an open flame. Her eyes narrowed as a small bit of lightening snaked down her silvery blonde hair. Her eyes locked with Eilerias’s narrowing slightly but otherwise she remained neutral. She turned to the rest of the table.

Locking eyes with Gwen, she noticed the subtle squint and lightning playing in her hair. Is she mad at me? What could she possibly be mad at me for? Eilerias wondered, oblivious to her own expression. She remained quiet as the three of them discussed business plans. Plans that Eilerias didn't understand, and was not included in. She didn't mind, what use was she anyway?

Her eyes remained locked on Gwen's face. Studying every detail as her smile settled into a frown. Her mood changes initially brought Eilerias a little bit of happiness. Seeing someone else suffer made her feel better in a morbid way. The happiness was not long lasting as guilt for enjoying someone else's suffering flooded her body. At least she didn't appear to be bearing more useless gifts for Eilerias.

Wrong. Of course she's bearing gifts. She wants your forgiveness...

She should have stayed home, knitting to happily avoid the shadowy whispers. Of course Gwen wasn't just passing by on her way to do something better without them. Eilerias should have known. She would wait until they finished talking about business before breaking her own silence, eyes still locked on Gwen. "Can I talk to you? Upstairs." If Gilgamesh was unaware of the tension between the two of them before, he would most certainly be aware now.

She gestured towards the staircase as if to say "after you" before pushing herself out of her own chair and leaning next to Charity. "Just a forewarning: I am going to yell. If I'm not back in five minutes, please stop me." She whispered in her ear before making her own way to the staircase, heading to a room. Previously a guest room, now turned into some sort of nursery by Lidia.

Last edited:
She sat down as he requested, but of course her little surge of power expressing her displeasure towards Eilerias didn't go unnoticed. Gilgamesh knew only what his spies could uncover. Apparently it was Gwendolyn who killed Isak which of course resulted in Eilerias's spiral down darker paths, a result which actually pleased him since the darkness within her made her stronger, if not more simple for him to control.

But a house divided against itself could not stand, this was a universal truth and even he couldn't work his deceptions around it.

"Can I talk to you? Upstairs.
Gilgamesh was not a fool, and Eilerias was as discreet as a minotaur lifting a purse.

No.

He would not allow it again.

Last reunion he allowed them to eat each other alive, to handle their own internal issues, it wasn't his business so long as they got the job done and worked together.
But things were different now. Charity had decided that she was his daughter and Eilerias has joined the family. He was no longer a puppeteer in the shadows pulling strings, he was a conductor directing their symphony... But it has been too long since they've had a real job, and luckily he knew just how to fix that, which he intended to do this evening.

As Eilerias stood to leave, her chair would suddenly squeal across the floor and check her in the back of her knees, forcing her back into her seat while the chair squealed back across the floor to where they were all gathered, baring Eilerias as its passenger.
A warning look at Gwendolyn was directed to keep her seated as well, though he simply let the intent of his will command her, instead of exerting any power over her.

He gently pet Charity's head as she snuggled against his arm, as if she were the cat seated on the lap of the evil mastermind. Gone was the grandfatherly persona of the first reunion.
"Are we still waiting for more to arrive? It is in bad taste to leave a celebration before it has even begun."
He directed his sharp gaze to both Eilerias and Gwendolyn.
"On this night, conversation is to be public and civil... And over the lips of full glasses and the heights of towering plates.
You both understand."

His last short sentence was a statement, not a question.

He clapped his hands twice.
From the kitchen came a full catering service led by Ogden, servers baring steaming pots and pans of food, platters of various spreads and trays arrayed with a wide and expensive variety of alcoholic or sugary drinks.
Tables were arranged together and the feast was put on display.
Musicians came out of the side rooms and set up their instruments. Soon a lighthearted melody was gently drifting through the air as Gilgamesh casually unhooked his cane from the chair and planted it on the floor in front of him.

He regarded his... Family... And with this setting around them he motioned to Eilerias.
"If you have something to say to Miss Vollmund, go right ahead, my daughter. Surely it is VERY important if it must be discussed here."

"If you think I'm getting worse, I presume it was you that took all the knives from my home and not Gwen?" She raised an eyebrow.
Charity stared at her sister for moment before releasing a smal sigh. "Yeah... It was." She spoke softly and looked away. "I was still really worried about you when I visited you after the vacation for the first time... So I took anything I thought you could use to hurt yourself." Charity looked back to Eilerias. "I suppose you do look like you're doing better... I will return them to you next time I visit... But you have to promise not to do anything stupid like that again!" The last sentence came out angrily and Charity hastily apologized.

"The docks are an ongoing issue, but not one that requires my direct intervention at this time. It's run by corporations far older and powerful than ours, you should focus your efforts on the younger and smaller businesses that don't already have so much backing from the merchant counsel."
"But Daddy... How do I know which ones have backing from the counsel and which ones don't?" Charity looked up at her father with a small frown. Apparently she still had much to learn from her father about how things were done.

Gwendolyn then sat with them and frowned. Charity's smile weakened and she wondered if she had done something wrong. A list of possibilities ran through her mind. Having only seen her mother a small handful of times since returning from the vacation, Charity couldn't think of anything that she had done that would make Gwen upset with her. Unless she was still upset that Charity had decided to continue her training with her father instead of with Gwen herself. She remembered the day she told her mother that she was undergoing training with Gilgamesh. To say Gwendolyn was upset and a touch angry would be an understatement.

Another though struck Charity. Was it possible that Gwen was jealous? Charity had taken most of the time that she would have spent visiting her mother and instead spent that time hanging off of Gilgamesh and training.

Charity loved Gwen deeply. She honestly and truly did. But she was, and always would be, a daddy's girl at heart. Now that Gilgamesh was giving her the attention she had been craving all her life, Charity wanted as much of his attention as she could get.

The docks will remain open and profitable for the time being...But we will have to expand into more...aggressive negotiations..With the hydra heads that sprout from the stumps we created tonight.”
Still lost in her thoughts, Charity only half listened as Gwen began to speak. The words "aggressive negotiations" caught her attention and brought her fully into the conversation. To Charity that sounded a lot like "go destroy things and steal their goods until they give in!" She sat up slightly and listened intently to her mother's words, though she was ultimately disappointed. "But that will take forever!" Charity whined. "Besides, even then nobody will take us seriously!" she added with a pout.

All Charity wanted to do was make her father proud and prove that she could be useful to him. She was sure working the docks was the chance to prove herself that she had been looking for, but she was starting to feel like she was failing miserably. Turned out proving her usefulness was way harder than she thought it would be. Charity hugged her father's arm tighter and glared out into empty space.

"Just a forewarning: I am going to yell. If I'm not back in five minutes, please stop me." She whispered in her ear before making her own way to the staircase,
Elerias' voice abruptly sounded in Charity's ear. "Hey! Wait!" Freeing one arm she reached for her sister's hand. "Think about-" A chair squeaked as Eilerias stood and began walking towards the stairs, bumping into her before bringing her back to the table.

Charity looked up at her father as he began to speak, a confused look on her face as she tried to process what had just happened. But as Gilgamesh stroked her hair, she dismissed her thoughts and continued cuddling against him.

"Waiting for more?" she echoed. "Oh yeah... Urchin and Honey said they might try to make it though I'm not sure if they will. Honey's working and I don't know how late she'll be. She's one of Zilvra's most requested girls, so she'll probably be pretty late. And knowing Urchin, he's likely found a new lady friend to talk to so gods only know how long he'll be."

Charity listened quietly as her father spoke to Gwen and Eilerias. After he had finished, a clap of his hands brought forth Ogden and a small army of caterers. Her eyes sparkled as she took in the sheer amount of food and drink that had been laid out for them.

Releasing Gilgamesh's arm, Charity rose and hurried to the feast, momentarily oblivious to what was going on with the rest of her family.

"Yeah... It was." She spoke softly and looked away. "I was still really worried about you when I visited you after the vacation for the first time... So I took anything I thought you could use to hurt yourself." Charity looked back to Eilerias. "I suppose you do look like you're doing better... I will return them to you next time I visit... But you have to promise not to do anything stupid like that again!" The last sentence came out angrily and Charity hastily apologized.

"Huh...I don't know why I didn't peg the thief as the type to steal all my silverware..."
She stifled a laugh. "Yes, I agree I am doing better," She lied, "So please visit me soon with all of the things you took. It has not been enjoyable to eat soup for every meal."

She nodded at Charity's apology, holding out a pinky for Charity to latch hers on to. "I promise."

As Eilerias stood to leave, her chair would suddenly squeal across the floor and check her in the back of her knees, forcing her back into her seat while the chair squealed back across the floor to where they were all gathered, baring Eilerias as its passenger.

"Oh!" Eilerias squeaked as the chair knocked her knees forward, sending her falling back onto it. Her hands moved over her stomach protectively as she slid back into place at the table. "Good gods." She muttered, giving Gilgamesh a look of shock. "Could you not have just asked me to come back? That hardly seems like a safe way to get anyone to comply let alone one who's carrying a child." Her voice was raised, more scared than disrespectful to the man.

"Are we still waiting for more to arrive? It is in bad taste to leave a celebration before it has even begun."
He directed his sharp gaze to both Eilerias and Gwendolyn.
"On this night, conversation is to be public and civil... And over the lips of full glasses and the heights of towering plates.
You both understand."

She squinted at Gilgamesh and nodded. I wasn't leaving the party, I just needed to talk to Gwen. She thought to herself, growing irritated by the entire concept of this party.

She looked down at her chipped nails as the caterers entered the room avoiding Ogden. She hadn't spoken to him since Isak's death, she'd barely spoken with Lidia. How do you greet the people who's master and best friend you indirectly killed? She couldn't, therefore her solution was to avoid them. She feared they would be hostile, though they seemed anything but.

He regarded his... Family... And with this setting around them he motioned to Eilerias.
"If you have something to say to Miss Vollmund, go right ahead, my daughter. Surely it is VERY important if it must be discussed here."

"I..." She looked up from her nails locking eyes with Gwendolyn. It was not a conversation she could have in front of her 'family'. In front of someone Gwen had a relationship with at one point or another. In front of Gwen's daughter. "No...it's fine. Just something private I needed to discuss with...Miss Vollmund. It can wait for some other time." She put on a fake smile for a few moments before turning her head to look away from them and over to where Charity was piling food onto a plate.

"But that will take forever!" Charity whined. "Besides, even then nobody will take us seriously!" she added with a pout.
Gwen gave her a simple sniff of dissatisfaction at her response. “Being taken seriously comes with being effective and ruthless. It is a by product not a goal to pursue. People do not know my name, and yet they fear me. Respect me. I do not ponder their thoughts or actions.” She said simply.
"I..." She looked up from her nails locking eyes with Gwendolyn. It was not a conversation she could have in front of her 'family'. In front of someone Gwen had a relationship with at one point or another. In front of Gwen's daughter. "No...it's fine. Just something private I needed to discuss with...Miss Vollmund. It can wait for some other time."
Gwens hands clench as her jaw slightly tightened. “Ha.” She let out a sharp, mirthless laugh.

“Something private?” She almost laughed again.

“Everyone knows. Why stand on such ceremony to save my reputation? Why do you care?” She asked raising an eye brow. “I killed him, and I would do it again. I can actually make choices that hurt me and others if it means I can save their ungrateful lives even if they hate me for it.” She spat.

“ I almost didn’t. There was a small moment he had me..” her eyes began to darken like gloomy grey clouds giving way to the angry black of a gale. “I couldn’t kill him..until he said one thing.” Gwen said. Her voice catching in her throat slightly.

”She’s next.” Her darkness was being riled up. It almost seemed to start to over flow from her mind but a small glance, her eyes met Gilgamesh’s and it fell back into check.

She reached out into the air as a package slowly formed in her hand. A far cry from the jewels, necklaces and dresses. A simple brown parcel with a small silk lined case tied with a simple red bow.

“So I..” She paused as her ears perked. Her pitch black eyes losing focus. Cleo swooped to her side at break neck speed before coming to a dead halt. “M-mam’m..it’s an emergency.” She said with a slight tremor.

“I’m a bit busy at the moment Cleo dear..” Gwen said with a slight twitch in her left eye. “Come back when it’s a catastrophe.” She said waving dismissively.

Cleo speeding off with a quick nod of acknowledgment. Gwen opened her mouth to speak when Cleo appeared by her side before she could even finish drawing the breath. Her hair slightly burnt in patches with a small bit still merely crackling.

“It’s a-.” She halted as Gwen raised a hand to stop her. Her eyes clearing as she simply sighed. “How deep is it digging..” She asked her demeanor changing as she punched into the clock in her brain.

“Last I saw it was two floors down. In the philosophy of politics in Vel Anir section.” The demon reported. “That won’t hold him long. It’s just a stand with a 200 year old single page document that says “Kill whoever’s above you.”.”

Gwen said with a snort. Standing as her dress shifted to her usual battle dress. Shadows curling around her arm and solidifying into a nasty looking 5” blade.

“And people say my parents had no sense of humor.” She said with a dry chuckle as she placed a hand on Gilgamesh’s shoulder in a goodbye.

“Duties calls. Your better with the young ones than I am. She needs your guidance more than mine.” She whispered in demonic. Low enough for it to barely be heard, but anything that was was not understood.

It was a small risk. But this admittance was something almost earth shattering to anyone that knew the woman. Giving his shoulder a final pat. Her eyes finding Charity as Cleo took her leave to continue to try and contain the situation.

“Bye dear!” She would say with a gentle wave. She didn’t wait for a parting hug.

She didn’t tense for it either.

Like her mind had already adjusted to the fact such things would likely no longer occur. “Mother needs to go put something back in its enclosure.” She would say flicking the wicked dagger into the door frame.

Tying her silvery blonde hair into a pony tail retrieving it as she took her leave slipping into the night. Her small parcel remained in the table.

"Oh!" Eilerias squeaked as the chair knocked her knees forward, sending her falling back onto it. Her hands moved over her stomach protectively as she slid back into place at the table. "Good gods." She muttered, giving Gilgamesh a look of shock. "Could you not have just asked me to come back? That hardly seems like a safe way to get anyone to comply let alone one who's carrying a child." Her voice was raised, more scared than disrespectful to the man.
His gaze was even. Such miscalculations we're for mortals and immortals who've grown tired of life, he knew how far he could push her physically... But mentally, he was less sure.
Her isolation of late made him question where her mind was, he was unsure of her thought processes, the clarity with which he could read her has dimmed which was slowly making her a liability.

Luckily her surface expressions are displayed emotions were easy enough to read. If he could continue to know her animal habits then he could guess at her deeper thoughts.
"I..." She looked up from her nails locking eyes with Gwendolyn. It was not a conversation she could have in front of her 'family'. In front of someone Gwen had a relationship with at one point or another. In front of Gwen's daughter. "No...it's fine. Just something private I needed to discuss with...Miss Vollmund. It can wait for some other time." She put on a fake smile for a few moments before turning her head to look away from them and over to where Charity was piling food onto a plate.
Gilgamesh was about to continue, he was about to dismiss the subject and continue with the evening but Gwen interjected.
“Ha.” She let out a sharp, mirthless laugh.

“Everyone knows. Why stand on such ceremony to save my reputation? Why do you care?” She asked raising an eye brow. “I killed him, and I would do it again. I can actually make choices that hurt me and others if it means I can save their ungrateful lives even if they hate me for it.” She spat.
Gilgamesh was in "information gathering" mode, his information on the events that led to Isak's death were still spotty, now was listening for extra tidbits and clues to hint at what actually happened.

He had made it clear that if this subject was to be private that it should wait, and Gwendolyn decided that everyone should be up to speed... She could still read him to some degree, so it seemed. The disaster of the first Reunion incident wasn't that it was attacked, but that this "team", this "branch of the family" was keeping secrets and having private conversations without appraising the rest of what was happening, the others had no idea how to react when issues came up between their comrades without any context. Confusion easily followed which quickly strained relationships...

... Perhaps ultimately led to Isak's death.

“ I almost didn’t. There was a small moment he had me..” her eyes began to darken like gloomy grey clouds giving way to the angry black of a gale. “I couldn’t kill him..until he said one thing.” Gwen said. Her voice catching in her throat slightly.

”She’s next.”

Hmmm... So Isak had... Lost it? He'd somehow snapped and intended to kill Gwendolyn and Eilerias? Who else was this "She" referring to? If he lost his mind as a result of Angelica's manipulation then "She" could also have been Charity... But perhaps something else was at work? Something that Isak and Eilerias had set in motion while they were galavanting around, keeping secrets from Briarthorne.

Suddenly Cleo and Gwen seemed to have an emergency at the archives, but not before she'd brought out a gift for Eilerias... And one for Gilgamesh...
she placed a hand on Gilgamesh’s shoulder in a goodbye.

“Duties calls. Your better with the young ones than I am. She needs your guidance more than mine.” She whispered in demonic. Low enough for it to barely be heard, but anything that was overheard was not understood.

It was a small risk. But this admittance was something almost earth shattering to anyone that knew the woman. Giving his shoulder a final pat. Her eyes finding Charity as Cleo took her leave to continue to try and contain the situation.
Gilgamesh watched her leave... This was the first time since the cliff that she willingly put their children in his hands... It was also the first time she'd willingly put a hand on him...

It was all Amadeus could do to remain stoic as the gravity of what just happened weighed on him. To his credit, his face didn't even give an involuntary twitch.
Before she could walk out the door his response in demonic would float to her thoughts as if on a breeze.
"A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Take that how she will.

He turned his attention back to his children... Once again it was only a few of them, but this was still a reunion.
"Charity, can you please bring me a glass of wine? I trust your choices tonight."
He then turned his attention to Eilerias.
"Think no more on it, for tonight it's time for family, and towards that goal I have a new job for the Briarthorne branch."

Her eyebrows furrowed as Gwen appeared to find her request amusing...no not amusing, pathetic perhaps. Did she really think Eilerias was upset about the circumstances which resulted in her fiancé's death? She explained it to her before, back in Fal'Addas. Eilerias understood. She was not happy, but she understood the reasons.

The delivery of the news, however, was something she still couldn't understand and it haunted her. Gwendolyn waited to tell her for over two weeks. She waited until they were in Fal'Addas. An intimate moment mixed with unicorn horn powder and romantic confessions. "You should teach Isak that!" Slipped out of a giggling Eilerias' mouth as she lay in their bed next to the elf.

She shared the news of his death immediately after. Eilerias thought she was joking by the way the drunken elf smiled at her, but there was something in her eyes. She wasn't joking. She waited to tell Eilerias. Even months later, she still couldn't figure out why.

"It is not about your reputation." She locked eyes with the elf. "I couldn't give two shits about how others view you. I have forgiven you for killing Isak. I told you that. You did what was necessary to protect yourself or whoever else was in danger. That's not what I'm upset about. If you cared about me at all you would stop wasting your money and let me grieve. I forgive you for defending yourself, but you took away the only person who had ever loved me and shoving your endless supply of useless expensive shit through my door is just irritating at this point. It won't bring him back."

She reached out into the air as a package slowly formed in her hand. A far cry from the jewels, necklaces and dresses. A simple brown parcel with a small silk lined case tied with a simple red bow.

She stared at the simple gift Gwen held out, making no attempt to grab it. It certainly was....different than all of the other gifts she had been given. Still, she didn't want anything. She had been explicit when she spoke with Charity. No one was to bring gifts. Especially not Gwen.

Tying her silvery blonde hair into a pony tail retrieving it as she took her leave slipping into the night. Her small parcel remained in the table.

She waited until after Gwen was gone to pull the parcel over to her. She shook it gently before tearing the corner of the brown paper. A book? She tore a bit more. The cover was plain, but obviously old and used. She pulled the rest of the paper off to read the title. It was a book Eilerias had been looking for. One she had torn apart sections of the archives for almost immediately after the first reunion. It was a book of old baby names.

Gwen remembered.

One of Gwen's bookmarks remained inside. Eilerias flipped it open and her eyes were drawn to a circled pair of names. Lucian and Lucinda. The male and female version of light. Her anger died down and her face softened as she shut the book and pushed it aside. A thoughtful gift for once. A gift Eilerias appreciated.

He then turned his attention to Eilerias.
"Think no more on it, for tonight it's time for family, and towards that goal I have a new job for the Briarthorne branch."

Eilerias nodded as Gilgamesh spoke. "A new job?" Her ears perked up. "What type of job do you have in mind this time? How long do we have to prepare? A few months?"

"Huh...I don't know why I didn't peg the thief as the type to steal all my silverware..." She stifled a laugh. "Yes, I agree I am doing better," She lied, "So please visit me soon with all of the things you took. It has not been enjoyable to eat soup for every meal."
"Ya probably just didn't expect me to steal from my own sister!" Charity laughed. "Alright, alright! Fine... You can have your stuff back!" she said, hooking her pinky into Eilerias'.

Charity knew Eile wasn't being honest with her. Her sister was a terrible liar, and Charity could see right through her. As she smiled and spoke happily to her sister, she was making a mental note to have one of the girls keeping an eye on Eilerias at all times. She knew it would likely cost her a month's worth of booze and drugs for whoever got assigned the job, but having the peace of mind would be worth it.

“Ha.” She let out a sharp, mirthless laugh.

The sound of her mother's voice drew Charity's attention away from the food. She listened on curiously occasionally nibbling at the food on her plate. Gwendolyn had killed Isak, that much she knew. But the reasoning behind it was unknown to her.

"She's next." Charity choked on her food in shock. Isak had to be talking about Eilerias... Right? It couldn't have been Gwendolyn that her was referring to. Isak would have to be a fool to believe he could defeat Gwen. And Charity knew that she and Isak had never exactly gotten along well, but she didn't think that it was to the point of him wanting to dispose of her. "I knew it! That fuckin' bastard..." Charity growled. If Charity had known that Isak had been planning to kill her sister, she would have killed him herself.

As the mood in the room settled, Cleo appeared with an urgent message. Charity watched as Gwen rose, put her hand on Gilgamesh's shoulder and whispered in his ear. She slowly raised her hand and waved as Gwen departed, a stunned look on her face.

Had her mother really touched Gilgamesh? That act alone was momentous enough without factoring in how close she had gotten to him. For as long as Charity had known Gwen, she had always stood a respectful, almost fearful, distance away from her father whenever he was around. Gilgamesh for this part appeared totally unphased which greatly confused Charity.

Was it possible that her parents were finally getting along? She didn't want to get too excited over what might be nothing but it was one of Charity's secret wishes was to have her parents back together. They both clearly still had feelings for each other, and Charity couldn't fathom why it was taking them so long to work things out.

"Charity, can you please bring me a glass of wine? I trust your choices tonight."
Charity blinked as Gilgamesh' s voice broke through her thoughts. "Huh...? Wine...? Oh... Of course Daddy!" She scrutinized the selection of wine, before randomly grabbing a bottle of dark red wine. With wine, glass, and food in hand Charity hurried back to the table. After filling Gilgamesh' s glass, she sat down and took a long draw of what remained in the bottle.

"What was that all about with Mother?" Charity asked, moving her chair closer to Gilgamesh. "It is unusual to see you and Mother getting along... Did something happened between you two?"

Faust was waiting at the archives entrance. Her expression plain like her fathers often was.

So much like Gwen in her wilder days. Devoted to her master yet staining for the independence to improve. Charity would learn well from her.

“So..It got out?” She asked as Gwen brushed past her with a nod.

“Chewed through the restraining chain I would guess..” The woman said as she entered her home. Smoke and fire imitating from the furthest reaches.

Much father back than any building could contain. Let alone one so small. At this comment her daughters eyebrows rose in surprise before furrowing.

“Wasn’t that chain...”

“yes.”

“And you said that..”

“yes. Yes I did.”

“Secrath mencage lef mechtof.” Faustian cursed in demonic. Her eyes beginning to glow as she unsheathed her large broadsword and followed her mother inside as the massive stone doors shut behind them.

“So who let it out.” Faustian asked as Gwen strode through the halls of her archives following the smoke. “It broke out by itself.” Gwen said with a shrug keeping her face neutral.

“You can’t really believe that.” The demon said with a raised eyebrow. “Ignoring that she’s making moves and playing with us won’t make it go away.”

“Angelica could not have done this. Whoever would have would have been able to enter my archives and my security is.-“

“She’s done it before. Almost killed you..” Faustian said cooly not looking at her mother’s reaction.

“She isn’t a threat. She’s just an annoyance.” The archive keeper muttered as a beast of unspeakable horror loomed in front of them. Like a multi head dragon procreated with a worm before dying.

“Right..tell that thing that. Maybe it will be easier to kill.” Her daughter said with a sigh giving her sword a flourish before charging.

Her mother close behind.

Last edited:
(Sorry for the delay. Work has left me with little time. January I should be more active!)

"What was that all about with Mother?" Charity asked, moving her chair closer to Gilgamesh. "It is unusual to see you and Mother getting along... Did something happened between you two?"
He accepted the wine and sampled it, assessing her choice before deciding he approved and took a sip from the glass.
"It was nothing, Charity. Sharpen your ears and brush up on your planar languages if you want to learn such secrets."
Nothing happened between them, yet. But he could sense that events were now in motion, things were changing, anything could happen now.

Eilerias nodded as Gilgamesh spoke. "A new job?" Her ears perked up. "What type of job do you have in mind this time? How long do we have to prepare? A few months?"
As he suspected, this is what Cherry Rose needed to get them back on track. Enough internal focus and critiquing, it was time for an adventure.
"I have whetted your appetite, then? Good, go eat something; Ogden has a special dwarven concoction that he assures me is non-alcoholic and otherwise appropriate for an expecting mother. Let Charity spin you on the dance floor a few times and when I am satisfied that you've both had enough laughter we will rejoin and talk business."
He upended the contents of his wine glass down his throat, took the bottle out of Charity's hands and poured himself a refill.

(No worries! Don't rush :D)

"I knew it! That fuckin' bastard..." Charity growled. If Charity had known that Isak had been planning to kill her sister, she would have killed him herself.

"Hm?" Her ear twitched and she looked over to Charity. The girl looked like she was fuming about what Gwen had said, so Eilerias had made sure to use a bit of magic to calm her down as she rejoined her and Gilgamesh at the table with her food and drinks.

One of the only positives about this child was that she now appeared to be an endless reserve of magic, no longer tiring herself out after using only a bit of her powers. Nothing she did would inhibit Charity's mind, though. That was left as a job for whatever alcohol she chose tonight. She just wanted to bring a bit of calmness.

She raised an eyebrow, looking between Charity and Gilgamesh. She had been isolating herself for the past three months. Had she missed new developments between the two? Surely Gwendolyn wasn't going to get back together with the man she revealed as the one who had stabbed her and tossed her off a cliff. Right? She was a smart woman. No smart woman would do that. She would have to interrogate her if she returned to the party.

"I have whetted your appetite, then? Good, go eat something; Ogden has a special dwarven concoction that he assures me is non-alcoholic and otherwise appropriate for an expecting mother. Let Charity spin you on the dance floor a few times and when I am satisfied that you've both had enough laughter we will rejoin and talk business."

Eilerias chuckled, using Charity to help her out of her chair. "I wouldn't trust a dwarf who claims something is non-alcoholic but I will get something to eat. His morning sickness remedy was nothing but alcohol." She made her way over to the food and began filling a plate, giving Charity more time to talk to him before she rejoined them.

"As far as dancing goes...I think you would be better off on a dance floor than me. " She sighed heavily, praying Charity would take the hint and not drag her over to dance. "If you don't mind me asking, Gilgamesh, why haven't you ever asked for me to fix your leg? I'm sure I can if you'd like."

"If you don't mind me asking, Gilgamesh, why haven't you ever asked for me to fix your leg? I'm sure I can if you'd like."
He looked up at her over the lip of his glass, he finished his sip and set it down.
"Put simply, I have never asked you to heal my leg because it simply cannot be done. I have asked many clerics to heal me in the past... Some injuries run too deeply, even miracles cannot undo what has been done."
He massaged his leg between the brace.
The origin of his injury, the one who wounded him so deeply that he could never recover... His brow furrowed at the memory.
He shook it off, "Perhaps some day. But that time is a good ways off."
He raised his glass once more and took another sip.

(Sorry... Forgot it was my turn o_O)

Charity gratefully accepted Eilerias' touch and felt herself calming as her sister's magic flowed into her. A small smile appeared on her face as she saw that Gilgamesh approved of her choice of wine.

"It was nothing, Charity. Sharpen your ears and brush up on your planar languages if you want to learn such secrets."
"But that wasn't nothing!" Charity insisted. "I have never seen Mother-" she trailed off with a sigh as her fathers tone told her there was going to be no more discussion on the topic, and took another drink from her bottle.

Planar languages? The only other language she knew was demonic. While Charity was mostly free to do as she wished growing up, learning demonic was one of the small handful of things that Gilgamesh had insisted that she do. But she never understood why. The only people she knew who regularly spoke it were Gwendolyn and Cleo, but she could communicate with them just fine in Common so what was the point? And what did that have to do with Gwendolyn touching her father?

Charity's perked up a Gilgamesh spoke of a new job. FINALLY! It felt like ages since the last one. "What are we after this time Daddy? Is it another powerful artifact? Are we going to a fortress with lots of guards? Are you and Mother coming with us? When are we leaving?! I wanna kick some ass already!" She became increasingly excited as she spoke until she was nearly shouting and waving the wine bottle around.

She stopped her rant as Gilgamesh pulled the bottle out of her hands, her expression swiftly changing from excitement to an annoyed pout. "Daaadddy..." she whined in a spoiled voice, reaching her hands out for the bottle. "C'mon! Give it back! I wasn't done with it!" The moment Gilgamesh set the bottle back down, she snatched it off the table and hugged it to her chest. Charity grumpily moved her chair away from her father and leaned herself against Eilerias' shoulder. At least Elli won't steal my drinks! she huffed silently.

Charity looked over to Gilgamesh impatiently, the excitement of a new job overcoming her again now that she had her drink back.

Last edited:
(No worries!)
"What are we after this time Daddy? Is it another powerful artifact? Are we going to a fortress with lots of guards? I wanna kick some ass already! Are you and Mother coming with us? When are we leaving?!"
It seems he underestimated exactly how bored his children had become with their lack of work. They were chomping at the bit with all of this small business stuff.
So, after a moment, he decided to relent.

"Very well, business first, then.
It took me a while, even with the help of Miss Vollmund, to locate the next piece of this puzzle. The next piece is a set of gauntlets that belongs with the same set as the sword you recovered. The gauntlets themselves will not be nearly as dangerous for you as the sword was, they will not kill you if you wear them. In fact, according to all accounts, they allow the wearers to use the sword in safety."

He selected a small sandwich off a passing platter of food and took a bite.
"The target is being kept under lock and key deep within the vault of a Templar stronghold. They are dedicated to guarding cursed, demonic or otherwise evil objects and artifacts from around Arethil. Bring Miss Vollmund, gather your allies and formulate your strategy for this heist, Miss Vollmund can provide you with details on the layout of the stronghold and the Templar patrol patterns.
You will have help, I've already hired a guild to stage a heist on another unrelated object in another part of the vault, that should provide you with some interference to work with."

He took a sip of his wine.
"Any questions?"

Eilerias wrapped one hand around Charity's arm as she leaned on her, the other grabbing one of the sandwiches passing by. She squeezed her arm before turning her full attention towards Gilgamesh. She felt a mixture of emotions at the prospect of a new job. Sure she was excited- life had become rather boring in the recent months, but that was to be expected. She couldn't do much at this point physically without completely exhausting herself. She was also feeling nervous. What if the first time was a fluke and they didn't make it out safely? What if she died and little Lucian grew up without parents like her?

She would listen while Gilgamesh explained the general plan to them. It definitely sounded more well thought out than the plan for the sword, which was relieving thankfully. She still didn't quite understand what his timeframe was for this heist so she would wait until he finished and asked the pair if they had any questions.

"I only have one question," She chimed in, "When do you plan on sending us out? Not anytime soon, right?" A hint of concern was in her voice as she spoke. "Obviously I can't go right now, right now. I would be useless. Not to mention I have to get back to Vel'Anir as soon as possible for a few weeks or so to stay with my mother. By then, the baby would hopefully be here and then who will watch him if Gwen, Charity, and I are all working? Certainly I can't force that on you or Cleo..."