Private Tales The Cat and The Criminal met on the steps of fire..

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Ferelith Scathach

The Blue Wolf
Character Biography
Link
Ferelith had been walking for days.. If she remembered where she had come from it was long lost in the breaks..

The parts of her mind that simply held only white. She knew her name..

She knew how to walk..hunt..fight..

But who had taught her or why she knew was always the point she would come up empty. She knew she could grow back parts of her self sometimes..
Instantly..sometimes..more slowly.. She had grown her leg back in less than ten seconds when a tree limb fell while she slept and broke it so badly it tor off when she woke and rolled out from under it.

But it took two weeks for a broken finger to heal before it simply snapped back into place on the 15th day.

She had started to build a camp. The sparse environment around her had mostly been tall grass and rocks.

Occasionally deer and fish had been available. The further away she got from the ocean however the more sparse and uniform her surroundings became.

Just grass and rocks with large surrounding plateaus. The nights were dark and cold. The days hot and muggy.

It had been slow going but it wasnt like she had anywhere to be...

Or maybe she did..

She didnt know. So she wandered in whatever direction foraging for the nights food lead her. The dangerous creatures here seemed to leave her alone or at least they hadnt found a good chance to pounce if they were looking for one, But she heard them rustling through the grass.

She had been in the middle of lining up her throwing knife. She had been tracking this doe for two days. finally she had stopped to eat... She winded up her arm. Felt the winds direction as she closed her eyes and steadied herself with a deep breath.

"In. Out. and throw." The words echoed in her mind. The voice kind and female but held an undertone of sternness. A teacher maybe? She didnt know. A yell both ended her concentration and startled her prey leaving it to flee at a break neck pace.

"Damnit!" The short, blonde cursed. Her eyes moving to the direction of the noise. It sounded like a girl was in trouble. Her stomach growled in protest. It had been a couple of days and her stomach was not agreeing with this new descesion to forgo something that ended in more food to help someone that may or may not have more food.

She set her jaw against the pangs and started in the direction. A taller rock than most began to manifest itself in the distance as she grew closer. A dark haired woman was surrounded by two massive dogs. Orcish war dogs. There was a massive orcish stronghold nearby. They must occasionally escape or lose their owners on hunting partys or battles. Her mind simply knew this. She didnt even need to see them.

The growls, the barks...

The stench...

She grew closer picking up speed. She could already see the dogs trying to jump to the top of the rock that was just big enough to keep the woman on the rock safe on two sides as the dogs would circle and attack randomly. It was just a matter of time before this person picked the wrong sides to be pulled down and be devoured. Ferelith did the only thing she knew to do. Her fist flew into the first dog before they even registered her presence. It did nothing but piss the creature off. They both locked eyes for a moment. The dog in shock at being struck.

Ferelith in shock that it was still standing before it pounced on her.

"Shit." She said turning to run before she thumped to the ground. The animal sinking its nasty teeth into her shoulder. She screamed in pain as it pulled her backwards by its grip on her neck jerking her about allowing its sharp teeth to only tear her flesh further. Her tattoo began to flicker a glowing blue as it released her to change its grip to a more fatal angle while the other was coming to grab her leg to pull her apart. She kicked at it and this time she sent the dog tumbling with a whine.

The one going for her neck found its mouth held open by her bare hands. Before suddenly releasing its maw allowing it to snap closed above her. drawing her knife and driving it into the top of the creatures head and used the knife like a handle to help smash her head into the massive dogs own. half crushing it to a bony pulp. She pushed the corpse off of her in time to see the second dog take its leave yipping as it receded into the grass.

Ferelith sat up slowly grabbing her shoulder which was still gushing a large amount of blood she was almost positive she did not have to lose.

"Oh gods.." She muttered as her vision started to darken. No no..Not the darkness..Not again.." She muttered her tone building in panic. A pitiful kind of panic of someone in a hopeless position.

"No no come on..Please.." She muttered her eyes beginning to lose focus. Her tattoo began to glow as her wound slowly closed.

"Oh thank the gods..ok ok..Your ok.." She muttered biting her lip at the clear pain she was enduring.

It wasnt fully healed but it had stopped bleeding..

It looked months old but still a very clear scar and signs that it was still serious. "Y-you ok ma'am?" She asked the girl that had been in trouble catching her breath. Her tone was tired and a bit rough but held a clam gentleness to it.

She still hadnt gotten a good look at the girl, but just going off the scream she must be young.

• Cheer
Reactions: Quinn Greensage
Quinn wandered the plains, the light wind a pleasant sound in his ears. There had been no matters to attend to at the court that day, so he decided it would be a wonderful day for a walk. Leaving his home just after dawn, he struck out without any set destination.

The midday sun was beating down on his shoulders by the time he stopped to rest. Quinn found a large rock jutting out of the ground and climbed to the top of it. He sat with his legs dangling off the front as he got lost in the scenery surrounding him.

Low growling shattered the peacefullness of the moment. A startled yelp escaped Quinn as he looked down to see two large orcish war dogs just out of reach, circling the stone he sat upon. He had been so caught up in the scenery and his own thoughts that he hadn't seen them approach.

Quinn scrambled to his feet. He hadn't expected to have to fight on this excursion and was totally unprepared. Yelling and waving his arms in attempt to scare them off, only had the effect of making them angry. There were only two ways off the rock, and neither one was a good option.

Suddenly, a third creature he also hadn't noticed appeared to punch one of the dogs. Quinn gasped in shock as he saw it was a human girl. He couldn't recall the last time he had seen a human female outside of the court. It had to have been decades at least.

He watched as she dispatched the first dog, sustaining a nasty bite on the shoulder, while the other ran off in fear. Quinn rushed off the rock and hurried over to the girl.

"Ma'am...?" Quinn asked in his gentle, lilting voice. He had been called many things over the centuries, but never ma'am. Did she think his yell had sounded womanly?!

"
I'm afraid you're mistaken Miss." He pushed the mop of dark hair out of the way to reveal his boyish face, and smiled at the young woman warmly. "Name's Quinn. And yes, I am fine thanks to you! Was just about to lie down to rest when those dogs attacked. I guess I wandered a bit too close to Grolko Da..."

"Anyway, the real question is if you're alright... Miss...?" He waited politely as she introduced herself. "Ah. Miss Ferelith." Quinn's grin widened as her knelt down next to her. He began carefully checking her over for other injuries as they talked.

"What's a woman like yourself doing all the way out in the middle of nowhere?" Truth be told, Ferelith seemed the type of woman who could take care of herself without too much trouble. Which only added to his confusion as she appeared almost... Lost.

Quinn rose, satisfied that she had sustained no other serious wounds. He had already gauged the woman's usefulness as he examined her, and a rough plan was slowly taking form in his mind. Something that would surely be mutually beneficial. Well something that would mostly be beneficial to the court, but Ferelith would be getting something out of it as well.

Retrieving a leather satchel from nearby, Quinn pulled out a enormous apple and held it out to Ferelith. "Are you hungry? I know it's not much, but I ate the rest as I was wandering." he admitted sheepishly.

"I can take you somewhere to rest for the night, if you'd like." he offered. A light magic laced the words, subtly encouraging Ferelith to accept the proposition. "There you can rest and have a decent meal. Maybe soak in a nice bath and relax while you're at it."

Quinn held out his hand once more. "It's not far. We could be there before sunset. What do you say?"

• Cheer
Reactions: Ferelith Scathach
"Ma'am...?" Quinn asked in his gentle, lilting voice. He had been called many things over the centuries, but never ma'am. Did she think his yell had sounded womanly?!
“Oh..” She noticed the change in his voice and stature. This guy was taller than her by a good bit. Even if he did still yip like a girl…
"I'm afraid you're mistaken Miss." He pushed the mop of dark hair out of the way to reveal his boyish face, and smiled at the young woman warmly.
“Oh sorry..” She smiled back a little nervously. Her blue eyes meeting his mismatched colors with a slight tilt of her head as she seemed to find them very curious.

His mop of black hair revealed a kind face with a kinder smile, and while cute, was definitely masculine. Though from a distance..Ferelirh chuckled to herself.
"Name's Quinn. And yes, I am fine thanks to you! Was just about to lie down to rest when those dogs attacked. I guess I wandered a bit too close to Grolko Da..."
Grolko Da. That was the name of The orcish fortress she had remembered seeing a couple of days ago then? This confirmed her suspicions that the wild dogs had indeed come from there.

“They took you by surprise? That would explain your girlish cry then..” She would say with a smirk.
"Anyway, the real question is if you're alright... Miss...?"
“Ferelith.” She answered somewhat cautiously. There were times when her name seemed to set people off. Like in a bar a few months back. They had chased her out. The fight had been brutal.

They had called her “the blue wolf.” Whatever the hell that meant.

Either way, as she answered she tensed. Ready for the slightest sign things were about to go south between the two.
"Ah. Miss Ferelith." Quinn's grin widened as her knelt down next to her. He began carefully checking her over for other injuries as they talked.
She relaxed releasing a breath she hadn’t known she had been holding. His reaction was all the encouragement she needed to drop her guard slightly.

Not comepletly but he was apparently a possible ally and not an immediate threat.
"What's a woman like yourself doing all the way out in the middle of nowhere?" Truth be told, Ferelith seemed the type of woman who could take care of herself without too much trouble. Which only added to his confusion as she appeared almost... Lost.
“A woman like me?” She raised an eyebrow. Not that it was an insult, She had been living it rough sense she first woke up..um..How long ago?..

That wasn’t really something she knew..

That couldn’t be good..

But at least she looked the part.

This guy looked like he had just stepped out of a carriage for a ball in the middle of this place. Clean and well kept compared to her at least.

“I could ask you the same question.You don’t seem like the wilderness type yourself..” She said with a slight smirk.
Retrieving a leather satchel from nearby, Quinn pulled out a enormous apple and held it out to Ferelith. "Are you hungry? I know it's not much, but I ate the rest as I was wandering." he admitted sheepishly.
“Besides what are yo-..” Her words tumbled into eachother they halted so quickly as the apple was produced.

Her eyes widened.

It was so big! And perfect.. She reached out to take it, but seemed hesitant. Something wasn’t right..
"I can take you somewhere to rest for the night, if you'd like." he offered. A light magic laced the words, subtly encouraging Ferelith to accept the proposition.
Rest..not on a muddy floor with bugs and animals crawling about? Her knees were getting weak just thinking about a floor mat on a barn floor.

Let alone an actual place to stay. Besides. She had saved him. If he had wanted to harm or kill her he could have done so way before now while her shoulder was peeling off..Right?

His words relaxed her a little. The tone seemed to calm her..She could take a little help..
"There you can rest and have a decent meal. Maybe soak in a nice bath and relax while you're at it."
That did it. On the word bath Ferelith was already taking the apple. Sinking her teeth into it and enjoying its flavor as the juice ran down her parched throat as she chewed. It was amazing.

If she hadn’t been starving she might have found it a little embarrassing but at this point pleasantries we’re placed on the back burner.

She was starving!
Quinn held out his hand once more. "It's not far. We could be there before sunset. What do you say?"
She took his hand. Wordlessly nodding through her rampant chewing.

At the end of the day it was better than where she was, and if things went south at some point she could handle herself. Probably.

Right?

His hand was soft as she gripped it. Well soft skin at any rate. His grip however was surprisingly firm.

Something about this guy filled Ferelith both with unease and some hope. Maybe her luck was finally turning around..

• Wonder
“I could ask you the same question.You don’t seem like the wilderness type yourself..” She said with a slight smirk.
"Me?" Quinn chuckled. "No you certainly are correct. I'm far from the wilderness type. Most of my days are spent in lavishly decorated rooms, holding meetings with important people. Sometimes I even get to ttavel to other parts of the world! Believe me, none of that is a much fun as it sounds... I detest pompous people with inflated egos." He sighed and looked off across the steppes. "Anyway, there were no meetings scheduled for today so I thought i would go for a walk."

Quinn grinned in a devilishly but still trying to remain friendly as Ferelith snatched the apple from his hand. An offering of food was one of the easiest and best ways to gain somebody's trust. Humans were relatively simple creatures, almost akin to dogs in the ways their trust could be earned.

He gently pulled her to her feet, and was surprised at how small and light she was. Quinn's breath caught as her got a good look at Ferelith's adorable face, and he stood there staring in awe for a moment. He had slept with his fair share of beautiful human girls, but none of them compared to Ferelith. She was well above and beyond any he had met before.

Though the urge to continue holding her hand was strong, Quinn released it with a light squeeze. He reminded himself that she was a gift for the queen. A tool to be used to uphold the illusion of the court whether she would know it or not. Ferelith was likely to be sent off to some far off part of the court where he wouldn't see her again. No use falling in love.

Besides, Ferelith was his ticket to more power and influence in the court. If he could show Queen Gwynevere that he had the ability to find and recruit useful people for her cause, that would hopefully show her that he could do things other than deliver messages to the other courts.

"Alright" Quinn said patting Ferelith gently on her uninjured shoulder. "The Court is due west from here."

He walked by her side in silence for a while, content to just enjoy the scenery and Ferelith's company. "So..." Quinn spoke finally breaking the silence. "Where are you from?" He looked over to smile at her again, unsure as to why he was bothering to try and get to know more about her. Quinn listened politely to her response, and would answer any questions that she might have.

• Thoughtful
"Me?" Quinn chuckled. "No you certainly are correct. I'm far from the wilderness type. Most of my days are spent in lavishly decorated rooms, holding meetings with important people. Sometimes I even get to ttavel to other parts of the world! Believe me, none of that is a much fun as it sounds... I detest pompous people with inflated egos."
“Said the man who spends his time in lavish rooms meeting with important people he judges more at fault than himself.” Said Ferelith with a snort.

Raising an eyebrow at his description of his life. Ferelith had never been one for courts and the like..What was she getting into..
"Anyway, there were no meetings scheduled for today so I thought i would go for a walk."
Well at least that much Ferelith could relate to. Nothing like a good walk to clear one’s head of stuffy business.
He gently pulled her to her feet, and was surprised at how small and light she was. Quinn's breath caught as her got a good look at Ferelith's adorable face, and he stood there staring in awe for a moment. He had slept with his fair share of beautiful human girls, but none of them compared to Ferelith. She was well above and beyond any he had met before.
“Here I’ll pose in another fashion. Send for the portrait painter. It’ll last longer.” She snipped sarcastically with a slight blush creeping into her cheeks as she snapped her fingers in his face annoyed.
Though the urge to continue holding her hand was strong, Quinn released it with a light squeeze.
“And dont get any ideas ok..” She said quickly pulling her hand away.
"Alright" Quinn said patting Ferelith gently on her uninjured shoulder. "The Court is due west from here."
“You must really hate having that arm working.” She said eyeing the hand patting her shoulder before it was quickly withdrawn. “Besides. West is this way.” She said turning him around to the right direction.
He walked by her side in silence for a while, content to just enjoy the scenery and Ferelith's company. "So..." Quinn spoke finally breaking the silence. "Where are you from?" He looked over to smile at her again, unsure as to why he was bothering to try and get to know more about her.
“The um..I’m from..” Ferelith said like she knew..She knew this..Her mind came up blank however..Here home was where she was from. But that had so many meaningless images related to it in her brain. A large group in a mountainous region. A small group in a large house in a forest…Where..

“I’m not sure..” She said finally relenting after a few moments of awkward silence as she struggled to answer this very simple question. Where was home..Why was she here and not there. “What about you? What is this court you mentioned?” Ferelith asked with a slight tilt of her head.
Quinn listened politely to her response, and would answer any questions that she might have.

• Smug
“Said the man who spends his time in lavish rooms meeting with important people he judges more at fault than himself.” Said Ferelith with a snort
Quinn stared at Ferelith, momentarily surprised. He hadn't expected such a retort from her. "I... Umm.. I'm really not like them. I'm just a lowly diplomat you see. No real power or influence of my own. My sole duty is to do my best to make sure the Court stays in good standing with the others. Myself, I prefer more of a simple life rather than one draped in finery."

“Here I’ll pose in another fashion. Send for the portrait painter. It’ll last longer.” She snipped sarcastically with a slight blush creeping into her cheeks as she snapped her fingers in his face annoyed.
He had gotten so lost in her beauty, that Quinn didn't realize her was openly staring at her. "My apologies..." he said after a few blinks.

Wait... Was Ferelith blushing?! Aw! She was so cute when- Pull it together Quinn! he chided himself. Remember your goal! She is nothing more than a means to an end!

Ferelith's a rough, snarky attitude was truly refreshing. After spending so much of his time in shallow, polite conversation, here was finally somebody who wasn't afraid, or maybe not smart enough not to, speak exactly what was on her mind. Quinn was really beginning to enjoy her company, and I was going to be a shame when they had to part ways.

“And dont get any ideas ok..” She said quickly pulling her hand away.
"Ideas? About what?" Quinn wondered aloud. Did she think he was trying to be intimate by taking her hand? Before he could ask, Ferelith had turned him to actually face west and had set off. "Oh... Right..." Quinn mumbled. "I-I knew that..."

“I’m not sure..” She said finally relenting after a few moments of awkward silence as she struggled to answer this very simple question. Where was home..Why was she here and not there.
Ah! So Ferelith was lost and confused as he had thought. Poor girl was probably wandering the world, trying to find out who she was, or what her purpose was. Quinn couldn't help but feel a little sort for her. Dealing with something like that must be so unpleasant. Maybe Gwyn can do something for her... he mused.

“What about you? What is this court you mentioned?” Ferelith asked with a slight tilt of her head.
"Oh me? I am from the Day Court. I'm a duannan, a... fairy of sorts if you will. Every Fae hails from one of the many Court's scatters across Arethil."

"Anyway, the Day Court is a wonderful, beautiful place. Perfect in every way, with no stone or plant out of place. And we are ruled over by the wise and powerful Queen Gwynevere."

"You know," Quinn said, starting to raise his hand towards her shoulder before thinking better of it. "The queen might be able to help you remember. There have been a few other lost humans who have found their way onto our lands, and she was able to restore their memories. Would you like me to set up a meeting with her for you? I'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble for her."

• Aww
"I... Umm.. I'm really not like them. I'm just a lowly diplomat you see. No real power or influence of my own. My sole duty is to do my best to make sure the Court stays in good standing with the others. Myself, I prefer more of a simple life rather than one draped in finery."
"Im Not like the others." Speech. Ferelith let out another snort. She had heard that one before..She assumed. Probably..
Before he could ask, Ferelith had turned him to actually face west and had set off. "Oh... Right..." Quinn mumbled. "I-I knew that..."
"I know." Ferelith said with a smirk. Patting him on the shoulder the same way he had her previously.
"Oh me? I am from the Day Court. I'm a duannan, a... fairy of sorts if you will. Every Fae hails from one of the many Court's scatters across Arethil."
Ferelith stopped for a moment. Looking him up and down. "You're telling me your a fairy?" She asked raising an eyebrow once more. Any action she found herself repeating far more frequently the more she was with this guy. "Huh..Explains a lot.." She said with a playful smirk.
"Anyway, the Day Court is a wonderful, beautiful place. Perfect in every way, with no stone or plant out of place. And we are ruled over by the wise and powerful Queen Gwynevere."
"Perfect?" She asked skeptically. She wasnt sure about much but one thing her brain knew wether she could recall the memories that brought it on or not was that no one, no place, no action was ever totally perfect. That was another red flag being slowly raised. But wise and powerful queen? That sounded promising..
"You know," Quinn said, starting to raise his hand towards her shoulder before thinking better of it. "The queen might be able to help you remember. There have been a few other lost humans who have found their way onto our lands, and she was able to restore their memories. Would you like me to set up a meeting with her for you? I'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble for her."
The Queen? Would meet with her. Ferelith had pictured a bit of a process to see the queen. The way Quinn was talking it sounded like he could just take her right to her. Ferelith almost suggested he simply take her straight there and skip the rest all together. But just as she almost spoke it aloud she looked down at her muck covered feet and the general wreck she had become. Mud, dirt or blood covered her body anywhere clothes did not.

Her hair had stick and leaves turning it into a nice blonde bush of sorts, and her clothes were now rags long scrubbed of any uniqueness but strips of cloth covering what they could. If you went to see the queen right now they would burn you as a witch.. She thought to herself..But this was fae..Not humans...Maybe they would celebrate her then? Which was worse?

"I..Um..Yeah..That would be a boon i wont soon forget..Shes helped others you say?" So there were others! maybe they knew something about Fereliths home. Maybe the Queen had helped them find thiers and she could help her find hers..

Finally..The names..the dreams...The images..They could all start to make sense again! She felt weak almost knowing help and safety were so close by. It was almost too much for her. She noticed the hand almost going for her shoulder before he pulled away. After all this good news Ferelith couldnt help but feel a bit like a bitch for how she acted...A little.. Fine... She sighed slightly with a smirk at the guys kind eyes. He was only trying to help anyway..

"O..Ow.." She squeaked. The squeak being a bit too realistic as she had actually tripped before deciding how to fake trip. She grabbed her shoulder to protect the still healing injury but found hersle nestled against Quinn as he helped hold her up. His arm over her shoulder and helping keep her up right.

"The healing can take a lot out of me in random bursts..My apologies.." She said with a small blush creeping into her cheeks that she would turn away to obscure for a moment until it passed. But when she moved to walk on her own she just fell back into him. Great. A cute gesture she was allowing had turned into actually help she needed.

Great.

"You seem to know the queen well for a lowly diplomat.." Ferelith did comment. It was something that had stood out to her.

How was a lowly diplomat able to promise such ease in gaining a queens audience for a mortal.

Ferelith wasnt a hundred precent on her folk lore (Or anything for that matter..) But she was almost positive they thought of humans as beneath them..

Why would they..Suddenly she didnt feel at all tense about it.

Quinn had it handled..

She would be fine..

She needed to relax..And she did. Not even noticing she was just putting more and more of her light weight on Quinn. Whos hand was touching her bare shoulder..

"If you really think she can help me?" She asked after a moment. "What would she want in return.." She asked slowly..

Not that it mattered.. Ferelith would give anything..

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"You're telling me your a fairy?" She asked raising an eyebrow once more. Any action she found herself repeating far more frequently the more she was with this guy. "Huh..Explains a lot.." She said with a playful smirk.
"Yes. That is what I'm telling you. Not all fae are tiny beings flitting around on glittering wings, throwing pixie dust everywhere you know. There are some like that of course, but not nearly to the extent that your human tales speak of."

"Perfect?" She asked skeptically. She wasnt sure about much but one thing her brain knew wether she could recall the memories that brought it on or not was that no one, no place, no action was ever totally perfect.
"Absolutely perfect." Quinn confirmed. "I know it sounds implausible, but everybody does their part to keep it that way."

Another bold faced lie. The citizens were nothing more than slaves, unknowingly bound to hold up the illusions of the higher ups. The truth of the matter was that the Court was nothing more than a crumbling, broken husk of it's former glory. But this fact was known only to the queen and a small handful of people.

Quinn was pulled from his thoughts as he saw Ferelith trip. He quickly reached out to wrap his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to assist in holding her up.

His heart fluttered as he felt her pressed against him. What is wrong with me?! he thought. She is nothing but a tool! A means to an end! But the more Quinn repeated that to himself, the less and less he believed it.

Sure, he had experienced similar feelings before with other women. But those feelings had been more lustful than anything. This was nothing like that. It was reaching the point of him being unable to look at her without becoming a touch shy. All Quinn knew right then was that he greatly enjoyed having her by his side and never wanted to be without her close by.

"You seem to know the queen well for a lowly diplomat.." Ferelith did comment. It was something that had stood out to her.
"That does seem strange, doesn't it? You see, I knew her well before she ascended the throne. Her and I have been very close friends since we were small children. It's thanks to her, and our friendship that I am where I am today. It's nothing of my own doing, and I will always be grateful to her for that."

"If you really think she can help me?" She asked after a moment. "What would she want in return.." She asked slowly..
"Well... That's hard to say. Everybody she has helped up til now, has been given a role to play dependent upon their skills. I'm sure she will want something in return, but I can help you get a role you've be happy with!"

As he finished speaking, the walls of the court appeared over the horizon. "Come on. We're almost there!" Quinn gently pulled Ferelith closer, telling himself that it was just to support her and nothing more.

They soon entered the city surrounding the court, and Quinn guided Ferelith through the darkening streets until they arrived a small house built against the Court walls. "Here we are!" he said, pushing open the door and leading Ferelith inside.

The interior was sparsely decorated, with a small kitchen and bathroom on one side, and a bed in the corner with a living area and fireplace taking up the remainder of the room.

"So..." Quinn started with a light blush on his cheeks. He couldn't remember the last time he had been graced with the presence of a woman in his own home. "Umm... Feel free to make yourself at home." He smiled at her before continuing, "Place your things wherever. There's plenty of room!" he joked lamely.

"I'll show you around the city tomorrow, but for now, would you like eat or bathe first?" Quinn hoped Ferelith didn't think he was trying to pull anything by talking her home with him, but what else was he supposed to do?

• Cthuulove
"Yes. That is what I'm telling you. Not all fae are tiny beings flitting around on glittering wings, throwing pixie dust everywhere you know. There are some like that of course, but not nearly to the extent that your human tales speak of."
"Hm.." Ferelith nodded slowly.. She guessed that made sense..She had known that..Hadnt she? A butterfly with glittery wings swept past her ear as she crushed it in her fist like she was catching an arrow. Instinct. Butterfly wings and an arrows fletching made the same whisper right next to your ear...

"Sorry.." She said glancing at Quinn leaning away from him slightly. "Hope it wasnt a relative of yours.." She said with a smirk.

"Ow..No Wait dont let me go!.." She said with a start as Quinn conveniently lost his grip for a moment only to catch her easily as she squeezed him out of shock and fear.

"That wasnt funny asshole.." She muttered, But her smile told of the laugh she was hiding.
"Absolutely perfect." Quinn confirmed. "I know it sounds implausible, but everybody does their part to keep it that way."
Her eyes narrowed again The slight squeeze she was giving him halted..

That was weird..

Places like that didnt exactly exist..there was no..

She held him close for a moment and the more he spoke the more she calmed. It was going to be fine..

She almost squeezed him before remembering he was just holding her upright.
"That does seem strange, doesn't it? You see, I knew her well before she ascended the throne. Her and I have been very close friends since we were small children. It's thanks to her, and our friendship that I am where I am today. It's nothing of my own doing, and I will always be grateful to her for that."
Ferelith understood that..Again she didnt know why..She just felt like she related to being in that postion.
"Well... That's hard to say. Everybody she has helped up til now, has been given a role to play dependent upon their skills. I'm sure she will want something in return, but I can help you get a role you've be happy with!"
"A role?" She asked as they walked. She kept this bit of information to herself to ask him about later. Right now she was in a strange place with a strange person that seemed to be helping her for the moment, best not to ruin it with conflict and asking too many questions for now..
As he finished speaking, the walls of the court appeared over the horizon. "Come on. We're almost there!" Quinn gently pulled Ferelith closer, telling himself that it was just to support her and nothing more.
Her questions died as she saw the city. The walls were fantastic..It was amazing..Her right eye flickered bright blue. For a moment she saw ruins.

A city gutted by time as ruthlessly as a dead animal. Walls stood crumbling. the building facades of their former glory..Nothing was the way it looked nothing was..

Wrong?

Her eye ceased its flickering and the city returned to its perfect glory..What had that been...Ferelith put the thought from her mind once more. Just another ghost image with no meaning..

Like the house she saw when she thought of home..

Or the woman she saw when she thought of family..

Just ghosts her mind had some how forgotten..

They soon entered the city surrounding the court, and Quinn guided Ferelith through the darkening streets until they arrived a small house built against the Court walls. "Here we are!" he said, pushing open the door and leading Ferelith inside.
Ferelith had noticed some glances of mockery and some of approval. She could not help but feel like these fae were looking at her a bit different than she had used to.

"oh.." Ferelith looked around the cozy place. Friends of the queen lived rough it seemed.

Lowly diplomat seemed like a fancy word for errand boy and this place looked it... She loved it.

The dread of feeling out of place in some fancy manor home melted away. This place felt like someone lived in it.
"So..." Quinn started with a light blush on his cheeks. He couldn't remember the last time he had been graced with the presence of a woman in his own home. "Umm... Feel free to make yourself at home." He smiled at her before continuing, "Place your things wherever. There's plenty of room!" he joked lamely.
Ferelith glanced at herslef. bare excpet for the clothes on her back and a long hunting knife strapped to a worn strip of leather with a large hook serving as the buckle. She looked like a pirate..

If pirating hadnt been good to them and they had turned feral for a couple of years.

In all honesty she had never been at sea in her life that she could recall, this hook was found on the shore of the ocean she had passed on her way further inland.

It worked.

She kept it.

It took her even longer to realize Quinn was joking. She gave him a good natured chuckle but nothing more as she simply sat down..before remembering how dirty she was and standing back up. "I..um..Sorry.." She said just as lamely.
"I'll show you around the city tomorrow, but for now, would you like eat or bathe first?" Quinn hoped Ferelith didn't think he was trying to pull anything by talking her home with him, but what else was he supposed to do?
"Um...bathe if thats alright..i cant smell myslef but judging by the dirt im sure you and half the city can.." She lamented.. It was common to mask ones scent in the wilds.

It made it easier to hunt and go about unbothered.... by the wildlife at any rate. "Wheres the washroom?" She asked glancing about.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
Quinn watched Ferelith nervously as she looked around. Had she expected a mansion? When he told her her worked for the queen, did she think he lived a life of luxury? Was it too dirty? Too messy? Maybe its was too small for her liking? Stop worrying about what she thinks you fool! Quinn interrupted his own worrying with a small shake of his head. Who cared what she thought? He certainly didn't!

Gwynevere had graciously offered him a private wing at the court, Quinn had politely delclined. There was something cozy and comforting about this small house, and he knew he would regret leaving it.

Quinn stifled a small laugh as Ferelith sat down before quickly popping back to her feet with an apology. "Don't worry about it! Everything's a bit dirty anyway." He looked her over. She was going to need some new clothes if she was going to see the queen but that was a problem for the morning.

"The washroom is right over here." Quinn led her over and opened the door. A simple wooden bath tub, a stool, and a washbowl on a small shelf under a mirror were all it contained. After filling it with heated water, Quinn left Ferelith to bathe.

In the mean time, he pulled a shirt out of his dresser and opened the washroom door just enough to lay it on the stool. Quinn hurriedly closed the door, lest she think he was spying on her.

Taking her clothes outside Quinn did his best to wash the mud and grime from them. He kept repeatedly dunking them in the warm water until the water that ran off was clear. He headed back inside to hang them up by the fireplace.

After lighting the fireplace, Quinn went to the kitchen. He rifled through the cupboards. What does a wild woman eat anyway? he wondered. Raw fish? Meat? Berries and insects? Twigs?

Finding a couple large potatoes, he set them on a flat stone in the fireplace to bake. He also located a loaf of bread and some cheese which he laid on the table. A bottle of wine completed the dinner. I'll have to ask Ferelith what kind of food she likes... he thought.

Quinn sat down at the table until Ferelith emerged from the washroom "Feel better now?" he asked with a smile.

Last edited:
Ferelith emerged sometime later feeling amazing! Ahh bathes were such a gift from the gods..

Her hair fell in damp golden tangles as she pulled the shirt closely around her. Pulling back her hair into a loose ponytail and all too aware of the breeze beneath her.

She grabbed her clothes from where they dried and enjoyed the fire for a moment before turning to warm her front. Her spiraling tattoos were revealed to cover her entire body.

The long sweeping strokes of faded blue flowing over her skin like a looping never ending chain.

A tapestry was completed on the back clearly added after the others as it covered the tattoos that ran along her body where it joined on her back.

The shirt obscuring what it was.

The short pulled tight revealed a bit more than she would have liked to Quinn. The shirt halting just at her butt. Leaving the thinnest line of bare cheek visible. If he was watching not that she noticed.

It was one of the few times in his life she was so enraptured by the fired warmth that he could get away with it with out her instincts tipping her off.

The fire felt sooo nice.

After warming from the chill the dampness of her skin left in her bones she finally departed to change. Ferelith emerged in her usual brown skin tight shorts and crop top.

Looking like normal clothes again opposed to the rags they had appeared to be previously.

She smelled lightly or roses and moss. There had been a small pouch she kept between her belt and her stomach tying the cord that synch the pouch closed to the outside before pulling it tight.

She had taken it with her when she had gone in. There was some liquid she poured in the bath. It smelled good and she knew she was doing what she was supposed to with it…but where she had gotten it was once again lost in the ether of her mind.

The rest of the pouch contained a necklace a few gold coins with chips and chinks on their gold coating revealing them to be forged.

Though even if they were real she doubted it would be enough to help her in any real way in this place.

She sat across from Quinn as he brought out the food and she frowned.

“Are you serious?” She asked glancing at the food. Pulling out her knife she would take both of their meals and place them in front of her. Poking the potatoes to check their readiness. Satisfied she cut both down the middle.

“Meat.” She would say snapping at him to hop to it.

While he busied himself grabbing the dried meat Ferelith had smelled earlier when she walked in.

The blonde cut the cheese in half and began shredding half of it leaving the other hunk alone.

She would then take the bread loaf and cut it into average slices before cutting those slices in half like an artist.

Laying the strips next to the fire she would then stuff the shredded cheese into the two cuts she had made in the potatoes and laid them next to the bread. “Don’t touch 2 minutes.” She would say pointing at her creations.

After Quinn returned with the dried meat strips Ferelith would select two handing the rest back to him.

Crushing a strip to meat crumbles with her grip alone in each hand stuffing that inside as well. the heat began to make the cheese melt and begin to bubble out of the slit in the potato as Ferelith checked the bread.

Satisfied both were cooked enough she stuck the toasted bread into the slit as well before finally bringing them to the table. “Potato dragon.” She said simply.

Pointing at the two potatoes that now resembled short stubby little dragons…to a degree.. at any rate. She would pull out a piece of the bread now covered with gooey cheese with a mix of the dried meat and inhaled it before diving in without another word.

She hadn’t been annoyed at the food.. it seemed she was annoyed that it seemed Quinn was making her cook.

who ate things that plain separate anyway? He must have been expecting her to cook. Stupid man..

As Quinn ate however he would notice that despite her snappy demeanor she was watching his reaction to her food. Was that nervousness in her eyes maybe…No must just be the light…

Last edited:
  • Ctuhlu senpai
Any thoughts Quinn had in his mind disappeared as a blonde goddess stepped out of his washroom. Was this really the same disheveled, mud caked woman he had met earlier? Ferelith was stunning, and he almost couldn't believe his eyes.

The pleasant of scent of roses and moss wafted over him as Ferelith passed by. The smell was intoxicating, and Quinn watched slackjawed as she approached the fire. The firelight danced around the exposed curves of her body and Quinn found himself mesmerized by the sight.

Something about Ferelith's scent and the sight of her in his shirt, short circuited Quinn's brain. All he could do was continue to stare as she stood in front of the fire. He was treated to a few fleeting glimpses at what lay hidden under the shirt, and was just barely able to avert his eyes before she turned around.

Ferelith soon changed back into her own clothes, and once again Quinn found himself staring. He hadn't really been able to tell how the clothes truly looked on her under the all the dirt, but now that she was clean...

"Aren't those clothes a little... revealing for a wilderness survivor?" Quinn asked blushing, and with a touch of confusion in his voice. "Don't you get cold at night with that much skin exposed? Or are you just attempting to seduce your prey?" he joked.

He watched nervously as Ferelith inspect the dinner he had prepared. Suddenly she grabbed his food and brought into her to her side of the the table, while demanding that he fetch some dried meat. Quinn stared at her for a short moment, a tad bit annoyed to be getting bossed around. But her tone left no room for questions and he jumped to his feet. "Y-yes ma'am!"

Quinn looked on fascinated, as Ferelith deftly crushed some meat in her hand before stuffing it into the potato along with the cheese. After sitting in the fire for another couple of minutes, it was ready.

"Wha-" Quinn stared at the so called potato dragon in front of him. Never in his life would he ever thought to combine it all into one meal. He wasn't sure if he was just dumb for not thinking of it, or if Ferelith had incredible culinary skills. Either way, Quinn hoped she didn't feel like he was trying to make her cook.

Quinn took a tentative nibble. An explosion of flavor filled his mouth, and he began devoring his meal like a starving animal. "This is delicious! Maybe even the best thing I have ever had the pleasure of tasting! Where did you learn to cook like this?!"

The passage of time was lost on Quinn as he chatted with Ferelith and ate. Before they knew it, an hour had passed, and a wave of tiredness washed over him.

"We should probably turn in for the night." Quinn reluctantly rose from the table and stretched. "We're going to have a busy day tomorrow!" He smiled at Ferelith and suddenly a new problem reared its head.

There were two of them and only one bed. As much as he would enjoy sleeping in the same bed as this beautiful woman, Quinn didn't want to push his luck. "You can take the bed. I'll..." He looked around the room uncertainly, "Sleep in a chair or something..."

Quinn ignored any protests Ferelith might have had, as he scrounged around for an extra blanket. He stripped down to his underwear, uncaring whether Ferelith watched or not. "Goodnight Ferelith!" he called over, settling into a chair by the fire.

It's just for a few nights, Quinn assured himself.

Last edited:
  • Cthuulove
"Aren't those clothes a little... revealing for a wilderness survivor?" Quinn asked blushing, and with a touch of confusion in his voice. "Don't you get cold at night with that much skin exposed? Or are you just attempting to seduce your prey?" he joked.
“Cold does not bother me. I would have made a tent from those dogs had you not come along.” She said plainly. Sleeping in carcasses was always a nice way to stay warm.

She had done so many times. Sometimes animals..Sometimes not. She let the statement hang as she worked.
But her tone left no room for questions and he jumped to his feet. "Y-yes ma'am!"
She nodded as he hopped to his task and staying focused on her own.
Quinn took a tentative nibble. An explosion of flavor filled his mouth, and he began devoring his meal like a starving animal. "This is delicious! Maybe even the best thing I have ever had the pleasure of tasting! Where did you learn to cook like this?!"
Her eyes narrowed. Not in an angry way like they had many times already..In a tired way..”I don’t know..” She muttered with a slight sigh..
The passage of time was lost on Quinn as he chatted with Ferelith and ate. Before they knew it, an hour had passed, and a wave of tiredness washed over him.

"We should probably turn in for the night." Quinn reluctantly rose from the table and stretched. "We're going to have a busy day tomorrow!" He smiled at Ferelith and suddenly a new problem reared its head.
“And that’s when I hit him! And a couple of his teeth came out..” She giggled leading to a snort as she took another chug of wine sliding the bottle back to Quinn.

“So then I..I says..To him..I say…”There’s your dice! Let’s play again!”” She laughed again. It was a nice sound.. “Oh..” she said with a slight frown realizing the merriment had winded down.
As much as he would enjoy sleeping in the same bed as this beautiful woman, Quinn didn't want to push his luck. "You can take the bed. I'll..." He looked around the room uncertainly, "Sleep in a chair or something..."
Ferelith slowly nodded. “R..Right..Thank you..” Her words still slightly slurred. Her cheeks flushed..

She went to the bed and flipped down for a moment not realizing Quinn had changed and moved to his temporary bed.

She closed her eyes for a moment and began to drift off to sleep until she woke suddenly. She was a bit cold…

• Wonder
“Cold does not bother me. I would have made a tent from those dogs had you not come along.” She said plainly. Sleeping in carcasses was always a nice way to stay warm.
Quinn supposed that the cold not bothering her made sense. If he was to spend most of his time in the wilderness, the cold would just start to feel normal. What he couldn't understand was making a tent from the dogs. Even if Ferelith was to skin them, there wouldn't be much room inside. It would make sense if it was a larger creature like a bear. And did she just lay down under the bloody pelt? Quinn quickly shook the gross thought from his head.

Her eyes narrowed. Not in an angry way like they had many times already..In a tired way..”I don’t know..” She muttered with a slight sigh..
There it was again. Had she completely lost her memory? Did she know anything more than her own name and how to speak? Quinn was becoming concerned for her though he wasn't really sure why.

“And that’s when I hit him! And a couple of his teeth came out..” She giggled leading to a snort as she took another chug of wine sliding the bottle back to Quinn.

“So then I..I says..To him..I say…”There’s your dice! Let’s play again!”” She laughed again. It was a nice sound.
Quinn laughed along with Ferelith as her story came to a close. Her laugh was such a pleasant sound, and Quinn felt like he could listen to it all day

Spending this time with Ferelith reminded him of his younger days with Gwynevere. They would somehow always find time in her busy life to talk, drink, and just enjoy each other's company after a long day.

He caught the wine bottle as it slid towards him and quickly downed what remained. Quinn normally only drank a bit with dinner, but between him and Ferelith, they had emptied an entire bottle. "H-Hey... Tell me more of your stories while we're out tomorrow okay?" he requested with a small hiccup.

After dinner, Quinn got undressed and settled into his chair. But he couldn't fall asleep. For some stupid reason, his thoughts seemed to be focused on Ferelith and the was nothing he could do to change it.

He wiggled around in the chair. The wood was solid and he couldn't find a position that was comfortable. The fact that he was sitting up didn't help matters either.

Finally he couldn't take it anymore. There was no way that sleep would ever find him sitting in a hard wooden chair. Quinn rose, wrapping the blanket around himself to ward off the cold, and put another log in the fire on his way over to the bed.

Quinn hesitated briefly, as Ferelith lay peacefully in the bed. "Umm... Mind if I join you?" He flipped up the side of the blanket and climbed in without waiting for an answer. Quinn made sure to leave a large space between himself and Ferelith. Having to listen to any complaints she might have was a fair price to pay for being comfortable.

"I'm sorry for joining you so suddenly." Quinn said quietly, rolling over to face away from Ferelith. "I promise won't try anything. That chair was just too uncomfortable..."

“Is…Is…ok…” Ferelith whispered. Her eyes half opening. Barely awake.. She curled up next to him filling the space he had left pulling him close.

Enjoying his warmth…

“I love you Hieke Eisen..” She whispered in his ear.

A tear running down her face as a memory of this feeling threatened to rip the fabric of her mind while her tired state left her almost oblivious.

Her right eye glowed behind her eyelids.

She tensed slightly..

The name..

What had she said..Was that a name..

Hike..

Was that it..

Was she walking..

She had been doing a lot of hiking..

Her thoughts quickly fell to scrambles again as she simply gave up on trying to remember. And drifted back into peaceful sleep.

“I will handle the rest..” A voice..A woman leaving..So much pain.

“You should not be.” A woman? Sat before her. She was a bit older than Ferelith but otherwise looked almost exactly like her. A scythe stood by her side.

Perfectly balanced leaning no direction like a soldier standing at attention. She was in a room devoid of anything but darkness. Simply her and this woman.

“Who are you..” Ferelith asked almost walking towards her but thinking better of it. Staying right where she was.

“I am death..I suppose.” The woman said seeming to notice her own body for the first time as well.

“Why do you look like an older me?” Ferelith continued. Her mind trying to both not question its surroundings and focus on what she needed to ask.

“I appear to people how they picture death. It seems you think of yourself as death. A bit narcissistic for anyone else..”

“What?”

“Narcissistic.”

“I don’t know what that means..” “egotistical.”

“…..”

“For the love of..” The woman sighed pinching the bridge of her nose with an annoyed sigh.

“When big man at tavern say he have biggest D and you find it to be not.” She said slowly like she was speaking to an infant. Ferelith nodded with a shrug as if to say.

“finally.” The insult being lost to her.

“..but as I was saying..you have special circumstances..” The woman said.

“So your the reason I can’t remember anything?” Ferelith asked as the woman chuckled.

“No..no I’m fairly certain you did this to yourself. You just don’t remember. I warned you. That if you went back you would be stuck like this.”

“How! When!?” Ferelith snapped having just about enough of this cryptic garbage.

“We have had this conversation before. And we will again and again..I don’t know how you break the cycle at this point..Maybe..”

“What! What is all of this! I don’t know who I am or where I’m from or what all of these echos in my head mean!” Ferelith yelled pointing a finger accusingly.

“Now tell me what the hell is going on!”

“Enough!” The woman said appearing in front of Ferelith an inch from her face.

All jovial banter and smugness was gone from her face. Her eyes sucked like a genuine skull was pressing out of her face as she leaned close to Ferelith who found herself to terrified to move.

“I don’t know what you are. Or what to do with you. You returned from a place no mortal should ever tread and return. Your soul and body are the right of the abyss and you will bear your punishments as the price for your unprecedented actions. Do you understand.” She screamed into the blondes face.

Leaving Ferelith at a loss for words as the anger and hatred in this things tone flooded over her in an instant…

“Your breath smells like shit. What do you eat?” Ferelith hissed after a moment. It was the reapers turn for stunned silence before she started to laugh.

“I am going to enjoy this..In all my years..in all my millennia..” She paused her laughter to catch her breath.

“Kyla used to say things like that..” Ferelith muttered before suddenly realizing she knew who Kyla was! Her sister! Heike..Her lover..Her everything.. Her home, her tribe..How..

“How do you remember things here?” The woman asked finally calming her self and placing a hand in Fereliths shoulder. The calming chill of the touch jarring Ferelith from her sudden flow of memories.

“Because here is no where so when you return..”

“I’ll forget this ever happened..” Ferelith finished for her after a moment. The woman nodded slowly.

“Is this all just a weird dream..” Ferelith said finally after a moment leaving the woman to smile again pulling away.

“It’s entirely possible.”

“Or a genuine spiritual experience with the genuine sprit of death..”

“Equally possible. Your head grows back child. Let’s not rule it out.” She said with another giggle.

But it seemed the scene around them was beginning to blur. The last thing Ferelith felt was a pat on her cheek before nothingness consumed her.

“We’ll talk again I’m sure..Feel free to stop by the next time you feel happy or mentally stable.” Echoed into her brain.

She awoke clutching someone. Pressing against them. Her face nestled into their neck.

Her clothes piled up with Quinn’s own.

Had they..She closed her eyes..They had..She had had worse..She closed her eyes again taking a deep breath and breathing in his scent. Enjoying the moment before she stood to leave.

Her bare body accented by the morning light creeping in through the window. Pulling on her clothes quietly. She knew the drill. A place to sleep..

A meal..

She had “paid” her tab. The last time she had stayed too long..

He hadn’t been happy. The lack of her “payment.” Usually set them off as well. But after Quinn..

He was so pretty and had been so nice..

He..

She hadn’t minded.

But regardless she knew it was time to go.

She finished getting dressed before heading for the door. But she stopped as she took one moment to look at Quinn cutely snoozing..Her heart thumped slightly.

Quinn awoke to the sound of gentle birdsong coming from outside. "Oh... Mornin' Ferelith..." he mumbled noticing her standing by the door.

Sitting up groggily, Quinn reached down to the floor for his pants and pulled them on. He paused as he reached for his shirt. It was as if he knew that his clothes lay on the floor, but couldn't remember how or why they had ended up there. Dismissing the thought, he pulled the shirt over his head.

"Heading out already?" Quinn continued with a yawn. "Ya know, nothing's open this early. Might as well stay and eat breakfast first. So... What do wild women typically eat in the morning? I could go and try to hunt down some exotic game if you'd like!" he joked.

Ferelith turned to face him, a peculiar look on her face, and suddenly a barrage of memories from the night before flooded into Quinn's mind. Attempting to sleep in a chair and giving up, crawling into bed with Ferelith...

Ferelith curling up next to him and holding him close, whispering "I love you" and something else he thought sounded like his name so very quietly into his ear that he could barely make out the words, heated passionate kisses... One thing leading to another...

Had he...? Of course he had. How else would his clothes have ended up in a messy pile on the floor? And after he had given her his word that he just wanted to be comfortable no less.

But one thing from the night stood out above all the rest in Quinn's mind. He had slept with his fair share of women, but the nights with them had been nothing like what had transpired the night before. There had been a clear lack of real passion, of true closeness with them like he had felt with Ferelith.

Quinn put his head in his hands. It was no wonder she was trying to sneak out. Ferelith probably just thought that he was using a nice guy act to sleep with her, but nothing could be further from the truth. Ever since he first laid eyes on her, something had been set alight in his heart. He raised his head to look her in the eye. This very well could've been just a one time thing for her, but for Quinn it was different.

"I would be understanding if you wanted to leave. Wanted to get on with whatever it was you were doing before we met... Especially after what happened last night..." Quinn spoke softly, a small tinge of sadness in his voice. "But I really wouldn't mind if you wanted to stick around for a while. We could get the queen to help you, maybe try to locate some of the people you use to know..." Quinn sighed realizing he had no idea how to say what he meant.

"L-Look... What I'm trying to say, really what I am asking of you, is to stay by my side. I..." He hesitated, cheeks turning pink and heart thumping wildly in his chest. "I-I love you Ferelith and would hate to see you go."

Last edited:
"I would be understanding if you wanted to leave. Wanted to get on with whatever it was you were doing before we met... Especially after what happened last night..." Quinn spoke softly, a small tinge of sadness in his voice.
Ferelith nodded slowly. “Go on then..” She said shortly pausing at the door. Her own heart fluttering for a moment before it stilled.
"But I really wouldn't mind if you wanted to stick around for a while. We could get the queen to help you, maybe try to locate some of the people you use to know..." Quinn sighed realizing he had no idea how to say what he meant.
“So you were serious..” Ferelith raised an eyebrow.

“You think the Queen really can help me?” She crossed her arms. Her eyes narrowing.

“There’s something else your hiding. I can smell it.” She pounced on him playfully, but no where near gently. Her nose an inch from his. “Out with it.” She whispered teasingly.
"L-Look... What I'm trying to say, really what I am asking of you, is to stay by my side. I..." He hesitated, cheeks turning pink and heart thumping wildly in his chest. "I-I love you Ferelith and would hate to see you go."
She was genuinely stunned. Her playful smile frozen on her lips as her eyes went wide. And she….burst out laughing. Rolling off of him and on to the floor with a thud clutching her sides.

“Oh gods…” She sighed looking at Quinn. Realization dawning on her face. “Oh gods..” She repeated in a much different tone. Her face growing concerned. “Listen..I like you and I won’t mind hanging around..But we just met…” She said with a playful smirk reforming.

“I don’t know about fae but humans take a bit to know how they feel. Don’t get me wrong..”She winked. “I’m quite amazing..But I’m not one you should fall in love with..” She said finally.

“Now let’s get some breakfast on the fire. Show me where things are and I’ll see what I can do.”

“So you were serious..” Ferelith raised an eyebrow.
"Hmm? Of course I was!" Quinn frowned as Ferelith questioned him. "You saved me, so its only fair that I try to do something for you in return. What kind of gentleman would I be of I didn't?"

“You think the Queen really can help me?” She crossed her arms. Her eyes narrowing.
"I know she can. She has helped multitudes of lost souls over the years. They all came to her with various problems, and no matter how strange or severe, Gwynevere always found a solution. Returning your memories, or at least partially, should be a piece of cake for her. All the queen will want in return is for you to work for the betterment of the court for a short length of time."

“There’s something else your hiding. I can smell it.” She pounced on him playfully, but no where near gently. Her nose an inch from his. “Out with it.” She whispered teasingly.
"Hey! Wait! What are you doing?!" Quinn cried as Ferelith roughly threw herself onto him. He could feel his cheeks burning as she leaned in close. She was WAY too close, and Quinn wondered if Ferelith could hear his heart trying to pound its way out of his chest. Ferelith's teasing whisper sent a shiver of delight down Quinn's spine, which only made matters worse, and he quickly turned his head to look away. How did we even do anything last night? he wondered. I can barely look at her without dying from shyness!

His confession went over terribly. Quinn words were first met with shock, then uncontrollable laughter. "I don't see what's so funny about that!" he huffed. He rolled over, facing his back to Ferelith. Quinn hadn't really expected it to go any better than it did, but did she REALLY have to laugh at him?

“I don’t know about fae but humans take a bit to know how they feel. Don’t get me wrong..”She winked. “I’m quite amazing..But I’m not one you should fall in love with..” She said finally.
Despite her words, Quinn knew with absolute certainty that the words he had spoken were true. Ferelith was an amazing woman. She was strong, beautiful, and a joy to be around. He wanted to spend every second of the rest of his life with her. This was the first time Quinn ever felt that way about a woman, and of it wasn't love that he was experiencing, then what was it?

Okay... so maybe he had jumped the gun by declaring his love so soon to a strange woman he barely knew. Who really knew what would happen? For all he knew, his feelings for her might just be a fleeting fancy from unexpected companionship.

Quinn pulled himself from his train of thought when Ferelith brought up breakfast. "There should be some more dried meat and cheese in the pantry, and probably some fruit and bread as well." He rolled onto his back and stretched with a yawn. "Make yourself whatever you want... Don't worry about me."

"Its much too early to be up. Besides, Gwyn doesn't meet with humans until the afternoon. Says she can't deal with them in the morning. Anyway... All we have to do before then is make sure we buy you a dress..." With that, Quinn was back asleep, his head buried under their pillows, and the blanket hapharzardly covering his lower half.

Last edited:
  • Smug
Reactions: Gwynevere
"Hmm? Of course I was!" Quinn frowned as Ferelith questioned him. "You saved me, so its only fair that I try to do something for you in return. What kind of gentleman would I be of I didn't?"
"The kind that ive meet before.." Ferelith said with a chuckle,
"I know she can. She has helped multitudes of lost souls over the years. They all came to her with various problems, and no matter how strange or severe, Gwynevere always found a solution. Returning your memories, or at least partially, should be a piece of cake for her. All the queen will want in return is for you to work for the betterment of the court for a short length of time."
Ferelith raised an eyebrow and kept her same suspicious look, but soon found it slipping into a playful smile finding it simply impossible not to believe the little rouge.

As untrusting as she was...
His confession went over terribly. Quinn words were first met with shock, then uncontrollable laughter. "I don't see what's so funny about that!" he huffed. He rolled over, facing his back to Ferelith. Quinn hadn't really expected it to go any better than it did, but did she REALLY have to laugh at him?
She did pause for a moment seeing his expression...Had she been cruel? She had just laughed because how cute he was being about the whole thing..

There was an innocence to him in a way that made Ferelith just giddy in a sense..
Quinn pulled himself from his train of thought when Ferelith brought up breakfast. "There should be some more dried meat and cheese in the pantry, and probably some fruit and bread as well." He rolled onto his back and stretched with a yawn. "Make yourself whatever you want... Don't worry about me."

"Its much too early to be up. Besides, Gwyn doesn't meet with humans until the afternoon. Says she can't deal with them in the morning. Anyway... All we have to do before then is make sure we buy you a dress..." With that, Quinn was back asleep, his head buried under their pillows, and the blanket hapharzardly covering his lower half.
At this Ferelith frowned. "Hmmm.." A coy smile slowly spreading across her face. "The sun is up. There are things too do. Too early is for children whining about chores.." She said pulling the blankets off of him.

"Now get up and help me find some eggs and vegetables. If we already have dried meat. " She paused at his inaction. "Ill make us omelets" She said coaxingly. running her hand up his back in a teasing manner.

"Then after we eat we can always have a treat before we go...dress..shopping..." She finished trailing off as if just realizing what he had said. Her hand halted crawling down his back further.

"A dress?" She repeated again. Her cheeks slowly turning crimson as she looked away. The coy smile evaporating to a pursed pout. "No." She said simply. Removing her hand and promptly crossing them.

"Hmmm.." A coy smile slowly spreading across her face. "The sun is up. There are things too do. Too early is for children whining about chores.." She said pulling the blankets off of him.
Quinn grumbled and attempted to pull the blankets back over himself. Ferelith's grip was strong, and after a few attempts Quinn gave up. "What? Are you my mother now?" he snipped, still facing away from her.

"Now get up and help me find some eggs and vegetables. If we already have dried meat. " She paused at his inaction. "Ill make us omelets" She said coaxingly. running her hand up his back in a teasing manner.

"Then after we eat we can always have a treat before we go...dress..shopping..." She finished trailing off as if just realizing what he had said. Her hand halted crawling down his back further.
"I'm not hungry!" he pouted, though his stomach did audibly growl at the mention of omelettes. "I'm an adult! I can make my-" Quinn initially stiffened as Ferelith's hand ran along his back, but quickly found himself pressing against her hand, much like a cat would.

"A treat?" Quinn asked, his grumpy demeanor having vanished after Ferelith's touch. "Isn't it a bit early for sweets and that sort of thing?"

"A dress?" She repeated again. Her cheeks slowly turning crimson as she looked away. The coy smile evaporating to a pursed pout. "No." She said simply. Removing her hand and promptly crossing them.
"Yeah, a dress." Quinn confirmed rolling over onto his back to smile up at Ferelith. "Gwynevere is very particular about appearances. Whether you like it or not, that is probably the biggest thing you can do to help yourself. If she sees that you took the time to get all dressed up to see her, she'll be more inclined to help you."

"I promise you it won't be that bad. You can even pick out the dress. You'll just need to wear it to meet the queen. As soon as that's over, we'll come right back here so you can change."

Quinn paused as he looked at Ferelith. "You're pretty cute when you pout." he remarked offhandedly before realizing what he had said. Quinn's own cheeks reddened and he quickly looked away.

"A-Anyway..." he stammered, "There should be eggs and vegetables in the pantry too." Quinn stood and stretched, his face still a touch red. "Can I help? I'd feel bad if you had to do it all yourself." And definitely not because he wanted to stay by her side.

Quinn grumbled and attempted to pull the blankets back over himself. Ferelith's grip was strong, and after a few attempts Quinn gave up. "What? Are you my mother now?" he snipped, still facing away from her.
Ferelith's eyes narrowed yet again annoyed. "If thats the case youd be quiet the mother fucker." She shot back with a smug grin slowly working into her annoyed expression. why was he so hard to stay angry at?
"I'm not hungry!" he pouted, though his stomach did audibly growl at the mention of omelettes. "I'm an adult! I can make my-" Quinn initially stiffened as Ferelith's hand ran along his back, but quickly found himself pressing against her hand, much like a cat would.

"A treat?" Quinn asked, his grumpy demeanor having vanished after Ferelith's touch. "Isn't it a bit early for sweets and that sort of thing?"
Ferelith rolled her eyes and pulled him out of bed and into her arms. Pressing her against him. "Yes. A treat.." She said looking down pointedly at his naked form pressed to her less than fully dressed body. This sultry smile.
"Yeah, a dress." Quinn confirmed rolling over onto his back to smile up at Ferelith. "Gwynevere is very particular about appearances. Whether you like it or not, that is probably the biggest thing you can do to help yourself. If she sees that you took the time to get all dressed up to see her, she'll be more inclined to help you."

"I promise you it won't be that bad. You can even pick out the dress. You'll just need to wear it to meet the queen. As soon as that's over, we'll come right back here so you can change."

Quinn paused as he looked at Ferelith. "You're pretty cute when you pout." he remarked offhandedly before realizing what he had said. Quinn's own cheeks reddened and he quickly looked away.

"A-Anyway..." he stammered, "There should be eggs and vegetables in the pantry too." Quinn stood and stretched, his face still a touch red. "Can I help? I'd feel bad if you had to do it all yourself." And definitely not because he wanted to stay by her side.
Her smile was replaced by a frown alomst as quickly as it came with that response. She hated dresses..

"Fine.." She releneted finally releasing him and fully dressing before walking into the kitchen. Waiting for quinn to dress as well before breakfast was attended to.

Thankfully they did have everything they needed. and soon the smell of cooking food was permeating the house.

She ate and listened to Quinn ocassionaly smiling at his jokes and antics until the meal was completed. as she put away the dishes she gestured for him to come help her. Handing him the clean dishes to dry. Once everything had been put away ferelith seemed antsy to get this dreadful dress buying and wearing over with.

"So..." She said gesturing to the door after they had sat and enjoyed being full for a bit while Quinn had finished getting ready. The sun was up and the city began to bustle as shops began to open and people began to go about their buisness.

Ferelith rolled her eyes and pulled him out of bed and into her arms. Pressing her against him. "Yes. A treat.." She said looking down pointedly at his naked form pressed to her less than fully dressed body. This sultry smile.
Quinn released a small cry of surprise as Ferelith pulled him to his feet, and found himself wrapped in her arms. He welcomed the warmth of her body pressed against him, and gingerly embraced her as well. It was a nice moment, and Quinn did everything he could to not ruin it.

Ferelith's explanation of the "treat" was lost on Quinn's still sleep fogged brain. Until he followed her very direct gaze. It took him another moment to realize that he was still completely naked, and Ferelith wasn't wearing much of anything either. His face turned as red as a tomato, and he tried to step away, but Ferelith's grip was tight. Luckily for Quinn, Ferelith asked about dresses and he was momentarily distracted.

"Fine.." She releneted finally releasing him and fully dressing before walking into the kitchen. Waiting for quinn to dress as well before breakfast was attended to.
Quinn gave Ferelith a light, little squeeze as they separated, and went to hurriedly get dressed. He eagerly followed Ferelith to the kitchen, determined to be of some help to her. They successfully prepared the meal, but not before Quinn cut and burned himself a few times.

He talked and laughed with Ferelith as they ate, a happy smile on his lips. Quinn was glad he had taken Ferelith in and asked her to stay. It had been ages since he had such good company. He still felt foolish for saying that he loved her, ut tried to keep that thought out of his head.

"So..." She said gesturing to the door after they had sat and enjoyed being full for a bit while Quinn had finished getting ready. The sun was up and the city began to bustle as shops began to open and people began to go about their buisness.
After they had eaten and taken care of the dishes, Ferelith seemed impatient to get the dress shopping and wearing over with. She wasn't the only one who wanted to get on with the shopping. Quinn was excited to see what a woman like Ferelith looked like in a dress. "Alright. I'll take you to the best seamstress in the city! I'm sure she can help you find something you like!" Quinn put on a pair of leather boots and a jacket, and when Ferelith was ready, they would set off.

"Morning Quinn!" an airy female voice called from across the narrow street as they stepped out of the house. Quinn turned and waved to a willowy woman who stood by as a young human girl picked flowers. "Good morning Elida!" he called back. The woman smiled back sweetly. "Off to meet the que-" She stopped as she spotted Ferelith.

Taking the girl by the hand, she approached them and looked at Ferelith. The girl stood quietly by her side, her hands in her dress pockets. "Oh! I'm sorry! I hadn't realized you had gotten yourself a human." Elida said, turning to speak to Quinn. "Was she a gift from the queen?" Quinn really didn't like her tone and the way Elida asked the question, but his polite habits took over. "No, No. I found her myself. Well... she found me. I got attacked by some wolves a ways outside the city and she fought them off."

The young girl inched closer to Ferelith as the two fae spoke and offered her a small smile.

Last edited:
After they had eaten and taken care of the dishes, Ferelith seemed impatient to get the dress shopping and wearing over with. She wasn't the only one who wanted to get on with the shopping. Quinn was excited to see what a woman like Ferelith looked like in a dress. "Alright. I'll take you to the best seamstress in the city! I'm sure she can help you find something you like!" Quinn put on a pair of leather boots and a jacket, and when Ferelith was ready, they would set off.
Ferelith didnt feel any better about dresses but stowed her complaints as Quinn tried to reassure her. Well at least if she was going to a seamstress to be fitted at least they would be the best..

So she waited by the door until Quinn was ready to go. They stepped into the street for barely a moment before an airy voice greeted them.
"Morning Quinn!" an airy female voice called from across the narrow street as they stepped out of the house. Quinn turned and waved to a willowy woman who stood by as a young human girl picked flowers. "Good morning Elida!" he called back. The woman smiled back sweetly. "Off to meet the que-" She stopped as she spotted Ferelith.
Ferelith blushed slightly and placed her hands behind her back in a sort of bashful manner waiting for Quinn to introduce her. She opened her mouth to speak but fell silent when she saw the human with her..Stopping for a moment..What was another human doing here..
Taking the girl by the hand, she approached them and looked at Ferelith. The girl stood quietly by her side, her hands in her dress pockets. "Oh! I'm sorry! I hadn't realized you had gotten yourself a human." Elida said, turning to speak to Quinn.
What..

Ferelith was taken aback as the woman looked her up and down like someone looking at a pet or an item and ignored her entirely speaking only to Quinn.
Was she a gift from the queen?" Quinn really didn't like her tone and the way Elida asked the question, but his polite habits took over. "No, No. I found her myself. Well... she found me. I got attacked by some wolves a ways outside the city and she fought them off."
A gift? "Yeah..He was stuck in a tough spot before i found him!" Ferelith interjected with a laugh as the woman looked at her with a disgust like she had just vomited and stripped naked to run around them in circles.

She recovered turning back to Quinn.

"So just a stray then? Clearly she hasnt been trained properly..I didnt mark you as a man willing to put in the work to train a stray.." She said sweetly.

ignoring Ferelith once more. Ferelith grit her teeth and began to open her mouth before a warning look from Quinn shut it.
The young girl inched closer to Ferelith as the two fae spoke and offered her a small smile.
Ferelith smiled back. "Hello.." She said somewhat cautiously after the woman had been so rude..

Quinn bit this tongue as Elida inspected Ferelith. He really should have expected this kind of reaction from people. Everybody knew each other's humans, and when a new one appeared, it was like somebody walking a puppy. Everyone had to stop and take a look.

"Yeah..He was stuck in a tough spot before i found him!" Ferelith interjected with a laugh as the woman looked at her with a disgust like she had just vomited and stripped naked to run around them in circles.
"Its true!" Quinn laughed, flashing Ferelith a smile. "I was out wandering, and got lost. Before I knew it, I was standing on rocky outcropping surrounded by wolves!"

"So just a stray then? Clearly she hasnt been trained properly..I didnt mark you as a man willing to put in the work to train a stray.." She said sweetly.
"She is not a stray." A slight hint of anger crept into Quinn's voice. "She doesn't need to be... Trained as you put it. I just haven't had a chance to tell her how things work around here."

"Her name is Ferelith. She is an excellent cook and great company. Think of her as my... Companion for the time being." Quinn really hoped Ferelith wouldn't take his words the wrong way, but it was necessary phrasing to make Elida understand.

"Companion?" Elida asked with a sly smirk on her face. "Oh Quinn! Dont tell me you've-" Quinn's cheeks reddened as he struggled to find a way to defend himself. "I knew it!" Elida giggled. "You just can't help yourself, can you?" How was he supposed to explain the whirlwind of events that has taken place since he met Ferelith? He couldn't, so he just shrugged lamely.

"L-Look, that's beside the point! Ferelith lost her memories, and I made a promise to her to get the Gwynevere's help to restore them. In return, she had agreed to be my companion and maid." Quinn internally winced at the word "maid". He knew ferelith would have some words for him when they were alone.

Ferelith smiled back. "Hello.." She said somewhat cautiously after the woman had been so rude..
The girl gasped gleefully, and her face lit up with joy. "My name is Mina!" she said in a quiet excited voice. "Or that is what Miss Elida calls me... Oh! What's your name?" Mina could sense Ferelith's kind heart and moved even closer. She pulled a hand from her pocket and cautiously took hold of Ferelith's. "I don't get to see many other girl's around..." she admitted sadly.

As Ferelith held the young girls hand, the world would suddenly shift around her. A street full of delict, run down buildings appeared around them, shimmering like a mirage. Then the world returned to normal just as quickly as it had changed.

"What's wrong?" Mina asked curiously, seeing the strange look on Fereliths face.

Last edited:
"Companion?" Elida asked with a sly smirk on her face. "Oh Quinn! Dont tell me you've-" Quinn's cheeks reddened as he struggled to find a way to defend himself. "I knew it!" Elida giggled. "You just can't help yourself, can you?" How was he supposed to explain the whirlwind of events that has taken place since he met Ferelith? He couldn't, so he just shrugged lamely.

"L-Look, that's beside the point! Ferelith lost her memories, and I made a promise to her to get the Gwynevere's help to restore them. In return, she had agreed to be my companion and maid." Quinn internally winced at the word "maid". He knew ferelith would have some words for him when they were alone.
Ferelith had mostly tuned them out after the womans rude response to her speaking to her..What was going on in theis place...She felt like a thing..And for some reason her mind did not like it...

She had been used as a tool her whole life..

She knew that was true.

Even if she couldnt remember how or why...But something about Quinns warning look told her it needed to wait until later..

Her attention easily occupied by the beautiful girl that had walked up to her.
"My name is Mina!" she said in a quiet excited voice. "Or that is what Miss Elida calls me... Oh! What's your name?" Mina could sense Ferelith's kind heart and moved even closer. She pulled a hand from her pocket and cautiously took hold of Ferelith's. "I don't get to see many other girl's around..." she admitted sadly.
"H..Hi..Im Ferelith.." She said mentally bracing for rudeness and being met with a kind smile. She flinched as the girl took her had but allowed it. It was ni-
As Ferelith held the young girls hand, the world would suddenly shift around her. A street full of delict, run down buildings appeared around them, shimmering like a mirage. Then the world returned to normal just as quickly as it had changed.

"What's wrong?" Mina asked curiously, seeing the strange look on Fereliths face.
Her right eye flickered blue as around her the scene shifted to the same destroyed crumbling city she had seen a flash of before it corrected itself...

"I..." Ferelith almost told her but kept it to herself.

"Nothing.." She said finally..

Ferelith didnt know what it meant..Just an echo?

Had she been here before some had rebuilt this place..It was so pristene..and her flash of vision was such a far cry from what surrounded her now..

It wouldnt do for everyone to think she was a delusional maniac..So she remained silent..

"Seems like a nice place..Why dont you see others often..This seems like a big place..Shouldnt there be....More people?" She asked.