Completed The Black Marks[Dreadlords]

Amos stood there, breathing heavily. "I can't believe that worked."

He said to himself more than to Ivan.

The theory had been entirely sound of course, no doubts about that, but he had expected something to go wrong. For the creature to perhaps be too powerful or for the device to fail at the last minute. His crystals too, could have failed, and yet everything had worked just right.

A smile touched his face, and only then did he nod to himself. His eyes finally flickering to Ivan as his attention turned towards his compatriot.

"Of course!" Amos declared quite happily, slowly beginning to hobble towards the Initiate. "I have many dozens, I suspect you will drain them rather quickly, but you can write to me in Vel Zaphris and I will send you new ones."

He could manufacture them almost at will now without much difficulty, Though only as long as he had the proper equipment of course. Amos, perhaps naively, saw no issue with giving them to Ivan. The boy had saved his life after all.

Taking the small cube from Ivan, he smiled, flicking the metal plates to ensure they stayed in place.

"I'd be a fool to deny it at this point." Amos said with a chuckle, looking down at the device and musing on Ivan's words.

"Perhaps." The young Scientist said as he motioned towards the forest. "Next time I will not be so timid."

Amos said with a smile, tossing the cube into the air and catching it. Hobbling alongside the Dreadlord Initiate as they began to make their way back to town. Their mission had been a success. The strange demon had been contained, Ivan had...done something with his own powers, and now they had the cure. What was there to complain about.

Jiya would be extremely pleased. It had been her suggestion that Amos would be of help here, and knowing just how the Houses could be this would be a boon for Luana.

The thought made Amos smile, and he glanced at Ivan. "Perhaps we should celebrate. One of your...elder compatriots recently taught me how."

They were words he would come to regret in the morning, but that was a story best kept to the aether.

• Devil
Reactions: Ivan Skender