Private Tales The Alchemist and the Courtesan

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Quoril

Alchemist, Copper Class Adventurer
Character Biography
Link
In central Alliria there's a tiny two story house jammed in between two much larger buildings that looks like it was constructed there as an afterthought. The outside is covered in ligh colored brick and has a a pale wooden door with a large window cut into the top half. Massive bay windows take up most of the space next to the door, allowing for natural lighting on the inside.

Inside this particular little building, a slightly darker wood covers the floor. Near the back stood a small counter on whuch sat a peculiar glass bottle with a small burner for heat. Every other inch of the room was covered with shelves full of many different sizes of glass jars. The jars were full of various different things. Some contained colorful, bubbling liquids, while others held what seemed to be plants and minerals. The days spent in this shop were generally relaxed and peaceful.

This was Abracapothecary, the alchemy shop run by an elf named Quoril. It was on one of these particularly slow days that the most beautiful human woman he had ever laid eyes on wandered into his tiny store.

Sol Minerva

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Sol Minerva
The day was lovely; the perfect kind to have no obligations so that one could spend it as they pleased. High over the rooftops of Alliria’s well-crafted buildings floated clouds of cotton that directed the beams of the sun in every direction. Birds sang for their lovers from lush trees in bloom as Sol walked the streets in search of a proper alchemist’s shop. A friend had suggested Abracapothecary as a necessary stop for ingredients. Apparently it was owned and operated by a kind elf called Quoril and offered an abundance of supplies that would be precisely what Sol reauired to create her remedies. She followed the directions that had been written down for her on a small piece of parchment and came to a modest little house made of weathered brick and jammed between two much more prominent buildings.

Sol slid the parchment into the pocket of her cloak and entered the shop. It was quiet and smelled of earth. As she was looking around, she spotted another person within the shop. “Excuse me?” she said as she came closer to him. “Are you the owner here?”

• Yay
Reactions: Quoril
Having a strangre enter his shop was a small shock for Quoril. All of his patrons were friends, doctors, local adventurers, or people he had gotten to know really well on his travels. The main way he had gained customers was by word of mouth. He had never seen the woman who stood before him, but maybe she was an acquaintance of somebody he knew.

As the mysterious woman approached, he noticed how pretty she was. Spending most of his life studying books and brewing potions had left the elf little time to socialize with women or too seek love. This caused him to be a little shy and to have some trouble speaking to people of the opposite gender unless he had known them for a long time.

"Excuse me? Are you the owner here?" the elf heard her ask as she walked up to him. "Y-yes I am," he replied somewhat nervously. As Quoril said this he made up his mind. If he could manage to talk to this beautiful woman without trouble, he should be able to talk to anybody. Gathering up his courage, and pushing his shyness away, he continued "How can I help you?"

Last edited:
The young man whom she had addressed was nervous by nature, she could tell.

“I’m in search of a new contact for supplies. Mine has moved from the city and I’m afraid most merchants have few options. I see that you are not one,” she said as she gestured to the cluttered shelves around her. “Currently I am in need of a particular potion; one above my skill level. If you have what I need, I’ll pay generously and likely return.”

Talking about potions made Quoril completely forget any nervousness he had because of the woman in front of him. "I have anything from health potions to potions that can help in finding treasure. If you're in the market for ingredients, I have most anything you're looking for; and if I don't have what you're after, I can go collect it within a couple of days. So, what is this particular potion you're looking for?"

The humble elf relaxed considerably when he spoke of his work. This indicated passion and comfort in his skill which, in turn, hopefully meant that he was an alchemist of quality. "I require a remedy for an illness within the chest. My client's life is in danger and time is short, however several of the main components of the elixir cannot be sourced locally. He is paying handsomely for this cure and a large share of it would, of course, go to you should you be able to find the ingredients and craft it. If not, I would be grateful should you point me in the right direction."

Quoril's interest was certainly piqued. A potion he had never made before and rare ingredients? Also the gold would surely be helpful for funding his next adventure. The shop was home to many incredibly rare ingredients, but the elf hoped that he was missing one and that this meant the start of a brand new adventure.

Realising he had been daydreaming, Quoril turned his attention back to the human. "If you have the recipe, and can tell what's needed ingredients wise, I'll see what I can do." He was beginning to grow very excited at the challenge laid before him.

There was a short pause in which the owner of the shop seemed to be lost in thought. Sol raised a brow but did not interrupt him.

“I brought it,” she said as she pulled another piece of parchment from the pocket of her cloak. This one was larger than the last and stained by unknown substances. It was folded several times over and she handed the thick little square to the male. “I have also researched and listed where the ingredients can be located. There, beneath the illustrations.”

Quoril jumped up from his chair and grabbed the parchment excitedly. He then proceeded to hurriedly walk around the room, reading the list quietly to himself and grabbing jars off the shelves. Returning, he placed the ingredients on the counter. "Alright. I have the crushed glimmermoth wings, vitalberry seeds, and the idoleaf."

"Rosemallow is the only one I don't have on hand," the elf said setting down the parchment, and pointing to the last ingredient on the list. Turning to the woman in front of him he contined. "According to your research, rosemallow is fairly common in the Bayou Garramarisma which isn't very far from here. If I can find a ship to take me there, I can be back within 3 days. Of course you're more than welcome to come along if you'd like."

Last edited:
Sol watched him as he immediately went about collecting the ingredients he already had in his possession that were listed. He informed her that only one was not within the shop and she smiled, pleased. She had expected more trouble locating what she needed.

“Excellent,” she replied. “And I cannot vouch for the accuracy of that research. My resources were limited. It may be there, it may not. However, I can accompany you in the search for it if you don’t know where it can surely be found. I also know where we can get a ship.”

• Yay
Reactions: Quoril
"Whether the rosemallow is there or not, I would certainly enjoy your company in the search. Let's go see the ship and speak to the captain right away!"

Quoril could barely contain his excitement. This was a brand new adventure and he couldn't wait to depart.

• Yay
Reactions: Sol Minerva