Open Chronicles Sweet Savage Seas

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Vulpesen

Ain't Dead Yet
Character Biography
Link
Sugar. Sugar made molasses. Molasses made rum. Through this logic, Vulpesen supposed that sailors should love sugar. But one loved a fine fur cloak in a frigid winter. That didn't mean he necessarily wanted to hug the bear or wolf that it came from. For sailors, sugar was valuable. It meant getting paid. But unless you were a lucky crew, or an officer, that pay was for the captain. For you, sugar was heavy, inedible(or at least, lacking nutrition), and worst of all, the perfect bait for pirates.

Vulpesen yawned as he leaned lazily against the edge of the ship, his eyes squinting out over the deep blue ocean ahead of him. He was one of those officers, paid not a wage agreed in advanced, but by the profits that he had been assigned to protect. The higher the reward, the higher the pay. of course, that came with risks, but he was never one to play it safe. Hence, why he now sailed with a rag tag crew under a greedy captain who had gathered anyone willing to sail, either as temporary help, or as a paying passenger. The trip from south Liadan to southern Epressa was a long one and not something the wise did alone. Better to sail with a group, even if it was a group of strangers.

[Why exactly am I here?]
the warlock queried into his mind, pinging his master as he stared outwards. [I thought it'd be pirates, but we've been fair weather for miles. Not a soul in sight.]

[Not all that prowl the seas are pirates and rogues,]
Varos purred in response, unseen and unheard to any but his bonded servant. [I felt a disturbance, I sent my warlock to investigate. I trust you will see it through.]

[Fantastic. Shouldn't the lord of secrets be itching to satisfy his own curiosity?]

[I cannot remember the last time I sailed. Hard enough I suffered through your sea sick memories, I'd rather not experience it myself.]