Fate - First Reply Royal, Flushed.

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join

Jocelyn

Delinquent Deceiver
Character Biography
Link
/Where The Griffin Sings/
proxy.php

Not the richest nor the poorest tavern in Vel Anir, but easily one of the most quiet in the city. A place where someone could hood and be unbothered by the mewlings of the riff raff or anyone with a request. A wonderful place for someone of a noble house to be hiding. As well as completely plastered.

"GORGRY! ANUFFA WHISKEY!"

"Miss I really think you've had eno-"

Jocelyn sloppily and thoughtlessly threw more coin at the bartender and beckoned for her drink asap. Gregory shook his head and turned his back to make Jocelyn her drink without another word. She smiled warmly and her head fell into her hand on the table. Thoughts of her needing to do things for her house at her fathers demand and it made her way too anxious for her next drink. She could care less if she drank herself into a coma this night.

• Sip
Reactions: Srash
Srash entered the tavern. He wore his Dreadlord garb and had his staff strapped to his back. The initial reaction of the patrons to his presence could be described as mild considering his place in Aniran society.

The Dreadlord’s gaze scanned the tavern. He held a piece of paper in his hand. When he saw Jocelyn with her head resting on the table, he paused and checked what was on the note.

After a moment, Srash stuffed the paper into a pocket and approached an empty seat next to Jocelyn.

Would this seat be free?” Srash asked Jocelyn with a slight smile.

• Wonder
Reactions: Jocelyn
Jocelyn turned her head drunkenly as the voice rang into her ears from behind. Her eyes lifted up as she recognized the garb on the man as a Dreadlords outfit. Oh, good. It was impossible to avoid her duties wherever she went. It reminded her that she hadn't seen Vittorio in a while whom she'd still like to see undressed. She smiled and let out a small wasted chuckle as she patted the seat down next to her.

"Nah at all. Or wait. *hic* Yeth it is." She cackled to herself for not understanding the question properly. "Surprised you know of this place, Dreadlord. Thought I'd found a place away from my woes." Her whiskey arrived and she wasted no time to down half of it in an instant, gagging roughly against the heaviness it brought.

"You know who I am?"

• Popcorn
Srash maintained his smile as he listened to Jocelyn’s slurring words. He took a seat as the bartender handed a whiskey to the woman.

When the bartender looked toward Srash, the Dreadlord simply pointed at Jocelyn’s drink and gestured, “One.” The bartender would get to work on serving Srash a whiskey.

I’ve heard of Lady Jocelyn,” Srash replied.

Then, the bartender placed a glass of whiskey before Srash. The Dreadlord brought the glass to his lips for just a second.

As he sat the glass back down, Srash added, “I’ve met some of your acquaintances, and they have nothing but positive things to say of you.

• Wonder
Jocelyn scoffed with a dizzy hold on her whiskey glass. "Now I know you're a liar, dreadlord." She seemed to be holding her liquor much better all of a sudden. "If you've met any of my acquaintances then you've likely been told that I'm a whore, a lush and a cheat. Not that they're wrong." She chuckled as she called for another drink. The bartender looked confused at her newfound sobriety but tried not too hard to think about it.

She spun her seat to look at her conversational partner. She set her chin in her hand and her elbow on her knee as she looked up towards him.

"So, what brings someone like you to a dive such as this?" The bartender looked offended.

• Sip
Huh,Srash muttered at Joclyn’s self-deprecation.

Still, Srash continued to smile. Once more, he brought his drink to his mouth. He sat with his elbows on the bar. His eyes did not wander around the bar to see if anyone watched the two. The other patrons within the tavern seemed more preoccupied with themselves.

As the glass parted his lips, Srash told Jocelyn, “My lord wishes to establish a friendly relation with you.

Every Dreadlord served a noble lord. That much was known throughout Vel Anir. It was no secret that Srash served Lord Luana. Though, his allegiance was only common knowledge to those that worked and dealt with Dreadlords enough to know the names of First Level Dreadlords.

And even then, House Luana already aligned themselves with House Sirl in the current power struggle within Vel Anir.

Though, Srash specifically said you instead of her family.

Jocelyn set her drink down and looked deep into Srash's eyes. She tapped her shoulder tattoo lightly and let a smirk stain across her face. Her hand tapping fingers against her cheek.

"Me, you say? Not my father? Not my mother?" She chided, a small chuckle escaping. "Seems to me there may have been a small communication error on one end. Why is it you would choose to seek a relationship with me, I wonder." Her grin becoming a full blown smile. This little Dreadlord was planning something, wasn't he? She could only wonder as to what it may be.

She took a swig of her drink and called the bartender for some water. A look of relief on the man's face.

"Before we continue this conversation I need your name, and of course which House you align with. And I implore you...

Don't lie to me."

• Cthuloo
Srash nodded in affirmation to Jocelyn’s first question. He placed his glass back on the counter as Jocelyn spoke and finally asked for water.

Then as soon as Jocelyn said lie,

Srash tapped the bar countertop once with his finger.

The noise within the tavern had always been loud. Chaotic. Many people focused on their own conversations.
“I saw this huge deer…” a man exaggerated.
“… of… course… I have that kind of money.” Someone desperately said.
Deadpan, a woman told a drunk man, “That’s funny.”
“Eym naught that drrunk!”
A man praised the tavern wench as the most beautiful woman in Vel Anir.

Then, a second tap from Srash’s finger.

His mouth opened to inform Jocelyn, “I’m Srash. I serve House Luana.

• Thoughtful
House Luana. Sirl had never issues with them that she could remember. Her father grew ever more senile though and who knew what the next order may be against the opposing houses. It'd probably be for the best that she began relations with others in a higher regard as the future was gray for Sirl now. She was going to be a much busier gal not far from now.

"Well, Srash, I am Jocelyn Sirl. As you apparently already know. Now, what is it that House Luana is looking for? And for what reason did your superiors decide I was the one to talk to?"

• Popcorn
Another finger tap.

A Great House patriarch grows senile. It is time for sharks to begin to swarm House Sirl. Talks of inheritance and succession. Talks of an arbitrary lord having an “unfortunate accident”. Talks of what to do with any remaining, unmarried children of Lord Sirl.

My lord values your skills.
In court espionage.
For your work,
In help ridding House Luana of its enemies.
You will be compensated, in gold or favors.

Nobility place high value on their favors. While the commonfolk may not care about their reputation, a noble’s place in society requires a solid public reputation that their word is golden.

And while these favors are not unlimited, they would guarantee at least some help by House Luana in Jocelyn achieving what she might desire. Help in getting married to a House Lord, heir, or even royalty. Protection from plots within and without her House. Help for her father. Whatever, so long as House Luana does not directly suffer for it…

Jocelyn herself placed a normal value on gold. Necessary, used for fun, and she was born with it in her pocket. That did not impress her. A Luana favor, though? That could be used greatly, and anything about this that led her into problems could possibly be erased by that same favor. What concerned her more than anything was what exactly this Dreadlord's lord of house knew about her.

It's of no surprise eyes had been on her, for more than one reason. Yet now it was coming back around to her. Let's see just what they knew.

"What is it that Luana plans to do with my skills? I want to know what plan I'd be diving headlong into."

• Devil
Srash pushed his glass away. He pulled a few pieces of coin out and a letter. Srash placed the coins on the countertop next to the drink he ordered.

“I don’t recommend discussing this further here,” Srash told Jocelyn as he slid the letter toward her.

Anything meant to be clandestine could be overheard, if any of the apparently drunk patrons were actually eavesdropping. Plus, the bartender still stood close by. Enough coin or threats could make him talk about anything he overhears.

The letter provided details on where to meet at a certain location the noon after the next.

Your choice to go,” Srash continued, “If you don’t, you can always write when in need of a favor.

Also in the letter would be a location to send mail – with instructions to address any letters to Nevar.