Private Tales Rivers of life... Veins of blood

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Gideon Varnay

Lord Gideon Doxus Maximus Varnay
Character Biography
Link
Waltzing music drifts around the stone chamber as people dressed in gaudy attire dance amid stone support structures, some defy gravity as they dance upon the pillars themselves, or waltz on the ceiling.

The room is a huge underground chamber, subtly illuminated by candlelight to accommodate the creatures who thrive in darkness, no window exists to allow the burning sun potential entry, even had the sun been up at this hour. Night has consumed the world once more and now its denizens celebrate the return of their ancient protector.
The guests were many and filled the shadows of this cavernous hall, trading conversation and gossip, playing politics and plotting devious machinations over glasses filled with the life-giving sustenance... Blood.

Thralls abounded here, dressed in simple cloth coverings to easily identify them and allow the guests easy access to the veins which held back their bounty.
They meandered about, serving other beverages along with themselves to indulge whatever desire the guests could want.
The host of this party stood on a balcony overlooking the affair, and he watched the goings-on with pride that he was chosen to accommodate this evening's bloodbath.
Naturally this even served many purposes, but first and foremost was the restoration of their master, Gideon Doxus Maximus Varnay.

A chamber was set aside, a steady stream of thralls entered the room where Gideon resided.
All of the thralls sent in were women of exceptional beauty, elves, humans, halflings and even an occasional vampire all flocking in the half-dazed state of thralls to the silent siren call of the master... And just as a stream poured in, a steady stream came out with equal regularity, of servants and thralls carrying the dead or unconscious from the room.

Within the room was scene of primal indulgence. A crush of bodies writhing together, climbing over one another to wait upon the needs of the master.
The master, who lounged upon a large velvet-cushioned couch, rested at the head of this scene of debauchery. The women flocked to him, placing themselves at hand to be used, exposing their necks or wrists or whatever body part he desired for him to slake his ravenous thirst.

Gideon had awoken almost a year ago, and he had scarcely stopped feeding that whole span except to sleep during the day... And yet his full strength was still so far out of reach.
If he had to regain his strength by hunting one victim at a time, it would have taken possibly hundreds of years to finally recoup what he lost. At least this way he was closer to reaching his goal within a shorter amount of time. He was not awoken from his sleep on a whim, the vampire race was suffering once more, a purge on a scale few could remember to compare all because a foolish vampire king decided to make open war with humans.
It would be Gideon's duty to stop this insurrectionist and smooth everything over, remove vampires from the public eye and return them to the shadows where they belonged... It was a shame that the foolish vampire had already been killed by the humans before he could do it himself, but what could one do?

Gideon set those thoughts aside for now... An elf of ethereal beauty approached the couch, the cloth covers barely clinging to her slim shoulders as she clambered beyond the throng to kneel at his side, moving her hair and tilting her head to expose her neck arteries to him.
He reached out and gently cupped her face, caressing her fair skin with his fingers and tracing the flow of blood pulsing in her veins.
He leaned down and kissed her deeply upon the lips, eliciting a low moan from the girl's throat. He nicked her lip with one of his fangs and he tasted the succulent tang of her elvish blood mixed with the passion of her kiss.

He brought himself to her throat and sank his fangs into the porcelain skin. He drank from her, and his venom dulled the pain, putting her into a euphoric state which lowered any will to fight, not that she could have fought anyways under the hypnotic command of her enthrallment.

She fell limply when he was finished and he reached out his hand, accepting a goblet of wine from the hand of another thrall, a human girl who he had been draining slowly, as evidenced by the many bites on her arms, throat and legs.
He lounged back and sipped from his cup, watching the thralls enjoy each other as they simultaneously raced one another to be the first to reach him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These parties always went like this, with little variation.
His glowing red eyes scanned the girls, and all they meant to him at this moment was another single step towards regaining his power. Next time, they shouldn't let him sleep for so long, it would have taken less time to recover if they had found him two-hundred years ago.
Well, who knows? maybe he'll get another surprise this evening like he did on his first Reawakening Ball! That time the host had tipped off some templar knights about the party... and true to form the templars showed up and provided the most excellent entertainment!

He sipped from his goblet again, the taste of wine had long ago mixed with blood and became diluted by the taste of blood in his mouth, a pleasant taste.
He took the wrist of the thrall attending him and licked up a trickle of blood escaping one of her wounds. By this time, she was beyond feeling pain and could only moan like an animal at his slightest touch, and yet impressively enough she managed to not drop his cup when he handed it back to her and maintained her ability to serve him.
A tough girl, though she was starting to move a little sluggishly... Perhaps he'll allow one of his guests to fill the role for a time...

Eleena Devonshire

Eleena took a deep breath as she pushed through the large doors of the underground chamber that held the most exclusive of parties. It was clear now that she looked around the room that she was in over her head.

When the vampire representative from the Undernation or some shit name had found her and issued a warning about her feeding, she had killed him. As was her mission. One less vampire in the world. Of course, Eleena was never one to let a dead vampire be left with his riches, she had gone through his bags. A correspondence that read of a vampire king and his need for thralls. A date, a time, and a place. There would be vampires gathered and waiting for her righteous justice. There would be a vampire king waiting to be seduced.

So, there she stood looking over the finely dressed vampires and the cloth covered thralls. She lifted her chin and set her shoulders back before she started to make her way into the throngs of people. Her dark hair was pulled up into an intricate style that highlighted the unblemished skin of her neck, back, and shoulders. The red dress she wore left little to the imagination with two slits that went all the way to her waist and only a little bit of fabric rose to create the top. She looked like an exotic dancer from afar. She looked like she was ready to play her game.

She made it a short distance before the smell of blood cause a low growl to escape her. Eleena drank to survive. She did not take more than she needed, and she never killed a human. Ever. It would make her just as bad as they were. She would make it through this and she would handle her business. She would kill as many vampires as possible.

Eleena’s tongue ran across her fangs as she watched a handsome vampire drink from a thrall. She needed to join them. Every bit of self-control she had was waning the further she moved into the room. Her hands had balled into fists as she walked further into the room. Closer to her prize.

Gideon Varnay

• Popcorn
Reactions: Gideon Varnay
Jacob paused for a minute as he took in the sigt before him...
Vampires flooding the hall, with shreaks of laughter and joyous screaming. Sparcly dressed thralls weaving through the crowds of blood suckers with glasses of wine and or blood on silver trays.

Jacob had been wondering the vast sea of forest for months on end. A care free sprited hybrid, with no master. He did what he wanted, when he wanted and how he wanted.
Feeding off of animals as he went through the forest, he spotted a vampire, finishing off a child. Just a stone throw away, the vampire had fed on and killed the childs parents. The scene looked gruesome; the vampire seamed to have had fun playing with his food.
Jacob didn't care much for anyone, and seldom wandered into the affairs of others, mostly keeping to himself. But he had one rule which he considered as ultimate and sacred. NEVER FEED ON CHILDREN.
He found those who do, as vile, and not deserving to live.. So naturally, Jacob made quick work of the vampire scum.
On his carcass, Jacob found an invitation to a secret vampire party holding somewhere in not too far from where he was. With the humans and vampires in a growing war, a party sounded good for a little relaxing amongst his own kind.

Dressed in his signature black leather pants, black shirt and black hoody, with his demon katana strapped to his back, Jacob made his way over to the party grounds.

Finally, Jacob moved from where he was standing, which was only a few feet from the entrance, into the main Hall itself after leaving his katana with one of the guards.
Pressing through the crowds, the sweet and enticing smell of blood flooded every crevasse in his nose.
Jacob room pride in the fact that he had ultimate self control when it came to confronting blood mear centimeters away from him. But even he felt the all so strong and familiar pang of temptation weighing on him, pushing him to feed.

As the hybrid streched his hand out to get a glass of wine from a passing thrall, he noticed a lady in a dress.... A very light and exposing dress, and she looked like lady on a mission.
Interesting... Jacob muttered to himself, as he walked and a snail's pace towards her direction.

Taking a sip of the aged goodness mixed with blood, he savored the taste and watched the sexy vampire lady with eyes that showed curiosity...

• Sip
Eyes followed first the one, then the other as they entered.

Naturally weapons were checked at the door, and this particular host was no slouch when it came to security. His own magicians on staff were prepared with detection and divination spells, as well as many other added measures to keep himself and his guests totally secure.
Weapons, mundane or magical, could not breach this sanctuary.

The eyes of many of the guests looked with interest on the newcomers.
Since these two did not frequent the social circles of Alliria they looked on them with foreign fascination, naturally there had been many strange vampires coming to Alliria since his awakening, it was an event felt by vampires across Arethil.
So, there was no open hostility towards them, just a form of cautious curiosity.

A few eyes though, noted Eleen with recognition. Her sire was an Allirian, and his mysterious destruction seventeen years ago did not go unnoticed... Some who knew him recognized her face, having noticed her attending him even if introductions were not made.
These individuals subtly kept their distance, not wishing to stake their long lives on tangling with one shrouded in so much mystery.
Jacob, on the other hand, was a complete unknown and thus was regarded without any preconceptions.

Regardless, they were both allowed to mingle and blend in with the crowd of unearthly beautiful people.

Occasionally they would be briefly chatted up, some curious vampire wishing to break the ice, ladies and gentlemen alike. Pushing drinks of both exotic spirits and blood, or sometimes both, into their hands as people whirl winded past them.
"Your dress is divine, darling. You simply must tell me who your seamstress is!
Cheers, my dear! Do not be a stranger!"

"If I may say, sir. I noticed your weapon upstairs, a fine blade if I say so myself. If you intend to stay in Alliria for long, we should spar at some point when you have the time."

"Oh, you delectable thing, you were turned at just the right time. Your skin is flawless, not a single mark to be noticed, I see immortality has been a blessing for you as well!"

A lady approached Jacob, a girl with porcelain skin and golden hair dressed in a deep red ballgown, "Sir. Might I interest you in a dance?"

-------------------------------------------------------------​

"Master, she is here..."

As Gideon slipped his fangs into the wrist of a human. A few of the eyes amongst the guests were members of the Undernation military. They knew about the killing leading up to the death of one of their own at the hands of a new vampire in Alliria. She fed where it wasn't allowed, where secret treaties had barred the way and protected the mortal denizens while accommodating the vampires as well... It seems she was a kin killer as well, because only dust remained of their comrade at the scene.

Since then, Gideon had her watched from the shadows.

Jacob was a different story. The vampire he killed was new to Alliria as well and not privy to their rules or the constitution of the Undernation.
If anything, he did them a service by disposing of that creature. While Gideon had no personal compunction about who he fed on, he knew that humans cared deeply for the young even if it isn't their own, and such an injustice to humans could bring unwanted attention on them as a whole.
The vampire Jacob killed was sloppy and belligerent, they couldn't suffer him in their community.

He withdrew from the girl's wrist, licking his lips to catch the stray droplets of blood.
"Do nothing for now."

Eleena knew the gazes were on her. She had murdered her sire in cold blood but it had been hush hush. No one knew how he had died. The rumor mill turned though. She had heard the whispers over the last seventeen years. The one that seemed to be at the top was that Eleena had killed him, but how had a young vampire killed someone significantly older than her? Half believed it was true, half believed it was bullshit. Eleena neither confirmed nor denied any of these rumors. Let people wonder.

She had grabbed a glass of wine mixed with blood and sipped it while smiling at those who were brave enough to approach her. She knew some of them, but she was polite to everyone. She had her sights set on someone with more power.

She moved further into the throngs of people and the wine was not enough to keep her at bay. She needed a human. She needed a thrall to sink her sharp canines into. It was easy to find one, of course. The simple cloth was there to announce their status to the vampires. Her red eyes searched the room and they fell on a young male human who looked like he had been gifted to the world from the gods themselves.

She approached him with a sinister smile and cupped his chin, turning his head to the side so she could inspect his neck. “Perfect,” she said as she sank her teeth into his soft skin. His warm blood spilled into her mouth and she moaned in pleasure at the same time the human did. She didn’t stop either. She kept drinking and drinking and drinking. She took every single drop from him and didn’t pull away until he was dead.

She looked down at the body with a weird mixture of horror and satisfaction.

She had never killed a human before.

Jacob walked very slowly behind the mysterious vampire lady, but was distracted by a gentleman bringing his attention to his sword.
"If I may say, sir. I noticed your weapon upstairs, a fine blade if I say so myself. If you intend to stay in Alliria for long, we should spar at some point when you have the time."
When ever Jacob drew his sword, it was to take a life. To simply spare would be out of the usual for him.
"I don't see why not... That's if I am still in AlliriaAlliria." Jacob replied to him with a polite smile.

Jacob turned away, with intent to continue on his previous path, but was again distracted, but this time by a rather eloquently dress woman.
She had porcelain skin, golden hair and her flawless deep red gown trailed a few lengths behind her.
"Sir. Might I interest you in a dance?"
Ok, maybe his little quest of observation could wait. He briefly glanced back to the mystery lady, who had now just fed on a killed a human thrall. The look on her face suggested she didn't do much human killing.

"Sure, I would love to dance." Jacob responded to the lady in red.
"And what might your name be?"
He placed his glass on a passing tray, and then took the maiden by the hand and they walked to the dance floor.
"And also, who is that lady who's just disposed of that human. It looks like everyone here knows her but for me, seeing as I am new in town."

Jacob could feel and see the eyes of many individuals on him. Looks like they are very keen on visitors... Jacob thought to himself.

• Bless
A thrall dead, a human added to her supposed "body count".
She was young. Supposedly she's lived for over two hundred years but she had the restraint of a fledgling... A curiosity, he was hardly one to judge in his current state.

One after another he would either drink one dry, or bring them right to the edge of death, only a hairsbreadth away.
And it was like trying to fill an ocean with a single cup.
Comparatively, he was vulnerable in this state, comparatively, one might stand a chance to even kill him...

He smiled to himself, wouldn't that be delightfully ironic... To be awoken from a centuries long sleep in order to save vampire kind, only to be slain before he could even begin.
This girl had mystery surrounding her, not enough to raise his suspicions, but enough to pique his curiosity.
"Invite her in, I will drink with her and see whether she will fall in line."

"Yes, master..."

----------------------------------------------
Servants came and carried away the dead thrall.
Another thrall approached, a young man with that same empty look of one blissfully bereft of freewill.
"Won't you drink from me as well, mistress? Compliments from the master, he invites you to drink with him."
He pointed out to her the private room streaming with thralls, then he turned his head and offered her his throat, holding his breath in excited anticipation.

"Sure, I would love to dance." Jacob responded to the lady in red.
"And what might your name be?"
"Jain Elyor. And yours, sir?"
He placed his glass on a passing tray, and then took the maiden by the hand and they walked to the dance floor.
"And also, who is that lady who's just disposed of that human. It looks like everyone here knows her but for me, seeing as I am new in town."
Jain glanced over at Eleena.
"I do not know her myself, she was before my time, I'm told. But about seventeen years ago her sire was destroyed and nobody knows how. It is rumored that she killed her sire, but that is very unlikely. He was an elder vampire and a powerful magic user, so I'm told."
She took his hands and placed them accordingly, she put her hands on him and then stepped into the rhythm of the haunting music.
"And what of you? What brings you to Alliria?"

Last edited:
Eleena felt her horror and revulsion at herself start to leave as the need for more blood came over her. No...the want. She had drank plenty to keep herself alive. Now she just wanted more. She had never had an issue controlling herself before but all this blood and the warm, willing bodies made her want to go crazy.

Her red eyes shifted to the young man who approached and she bit her lip as he spoke.

"Won't you drink from me as well, mistress? Compliments from the master, he invites you to drink with him."

The vampire looked over to where the man pointed and nodded. Yes, she would go to the master after she drank from the thrall. It was so nice of him to offer his throat to her. Eleena smiled and ran a finger down his exposed throat that was begging for her fangs. Begging. Her teeth were sinking into the soft flesh before there was another thought but this time he was still alive...barely.

She picked her way through the crowds and pushed through the thralls that were waiting to get into the private room. As soon as she entered the room, her eyes fell on him. The master. The vampire king. She felt like there was something she should do in his presence but she just smiled a small smile at the vampire instead.

"You asked for me?" She said softly as her eyes took in the room around her. It was a beautiful sight.

• Devil
The music was melancholic and dark, appealing to the darkness in each of these creatures present in the room. With slow steps, Jacob turned Jain around the room with poise and grace.
"Jain Elyor. And yours, sir?"
"Jain... That's a lovely name. You may call me Jacob." He replied with a warm smile as he looked into her red orbs.
"I do not know her myself, she was before my time, I'm told. But about seventeen years ago her sire was destroyed and nobody knows how. It is rumored that she killed her sire, but that is very unlikely. He was an elder vampire and a powerful magic user, so I'm told."
"A sire killer huh? Isn't that interesting." Jacob said.
"She looks young. I'd say under, 300? Judging by the way she's having difficulty controlling the thirst."
Looking at Jain with a smile, Jacob looked straight into her eyes.
Using his compulsion skills, he asked..
"Now then Jain, I'd like you to tell me what's going on here tonight. And don't leave out a single detail. And just maybe I'll tell you where am from." He finished that last part with a little smug smile as he spun her around.
Most vampires couldn't resist his mind control, and a young vampire such as Jain was no exception.

With the information he would get from Jain, that'll determine his next move of action.

• Thoughtful
"You asked for me?"
She walked in as he was drinking, draining the last drops of blood out of a vampire.
The dark haired woman turned to dust in his hands and scattered on the floor, leaving only her clothing behind.
He looked up, his burning red cores in a sea of darkness gazing on the scantly dressed and graceful form of Eleena.

He rose from his couch, swinging his bare feet to the bloodstained stone floor. A crimson robe fell from his Paperwhite shoulders and he presented himself before her in only black trousers and blood staining his chin, neck, chest and hands.
"Yes... Eleena..."
He looked her up and down apraisingly, a smile growing at the corners of his mouth.

"Come, sit with me... Drink, there is plenty here. I prefer to drink from women, virgins if I can get them, but perhaps you prefer men? That can be arranged as well."
He sat back down on the couch, his arms draped across the back, his red eyes watched her closely, playfully, invitingly... Seductively.

He read her surface thoughts, gleaning small bits of information from her brief musings and internal dialogue.
A skill he's developed over the centuries, the ability to detect thoughts has served him well and kept him alive.

A thrall crawled her way free of the hot writhing mass of sweaty bodies. She knelt before him and presented herself, "Please, master, feed on me... Let me nourish you."
He tilted her chin to the side and turned her around so her back was to him.
He caressed her chin and down her neck, tracing her carotid artery and feeling the pulse of blood beneath her delicate flesh.
The girl gasped at his touch and closed her eyes in anticipation, submitting herself to his mercy.
Gideon never took his eyes off of Eleena, daring her, inviting her, challenging her to approach and enter his realm of gluttony and indulgence...

He could guess, even without reading her mind. Two-hundred years is more than enough time to learn control... No, she's had a mission and goal, she's never had the chance to let go... He now gave her that chance, the opportunity to lose control without fear or judgement.

--------------------------------------------​

"A sire killer huh? Isn't that interesting." Jacob said.
"She looks young. I'd say under, 300? Judging by the way she's having difficulty controlling the thirst."
Jian shrugged as they waltzed, "I am hardly over fifty, and I have learned better control. She may have been asleep all this time, but even that is an imperfect theory."
She glanced over and saw Eleena enter the VIP room.
She seemed to relax a bit, as did many others.

She turned back to him with a slightly brighter smile.
"No matter. For now she is a welcome guest, as are you, my lord Jacob!"
She made eye contact with him, and immediately she was under his spell.
"Now then Jain, I'd like you to tell me what's going on here tonight. And don't leave out a single detail. And just maybe I'll tell you where am from."
Jain blinked surprise but remained under his control, "Why, did you not know? Surely you felt him when he awoke but a year ago. Nearly every vampire across all of Arethil felt his mind when he was awoken."
She spun under his arm before coming back to position, a little closer than before.
"Lord Gideon Doxus Maximus Varnay. Our elders came together a year ago, after discovering his existence, and combined their powers to awaken him. Once he's regained his powers he will put a stop to the purge that is sweeping our kind towards the brink of extinction. This party is a continuation of his awakening ball, where vampires can come and welcome him to this age and support him as he recovers from his centuries of slumber."

• Yay
Reactions: Jacob Ford
Eleena was taking in the sight of the master when he said her name and her red eyes found his. He knew who she was? Interesting. Did he know the rumors about her? Did he believe them? This could either be a great invite that would get her closer to him or his chance to murder her and stop her from murdering more vampires.

“I have no preference,” she replied as studied his face and those eyes of his that were calling to her. Eleena bit the inside of her bottom lip as she walked over to the couch and sat down slowly. She crossed her legs at the ankles like a proper lady and smiled at the man. She still had no idea what his name was beyond master.

The surface thoughts he would be able to read would be about how gorgeous he was, her worries for her safety, her worries for killing another human. Her control had been her pride. Enough to live, never killing anything but animals and vampires. The smell of blood calling to her. Begging her to drink it all.

The vampire slayer watched the woman crawl towards the couch with a mixture of amusement and disgust. How these humans begged for this was just sad. Her eyes trailed back up to him. He was just looking at her as he held the chin of the thrall. Daring her.

Eleena licked her lips before leaning forward and sinking her fangs in the right side of the girls next. This feeling was amazing. The most amazing in the world. All the wanted was more blood.

Jian shrugged as they waltzed, "I am hardly over fifty, and I have learned better control. She may have been asleep all this time, but even that is an imperfect theory."
She glanced over and saw Eleena enter the VIP room.
She seemed to relax a bit, as did many others.
Jacob stopped the dance and lead her off the dance floor, while listening.
"An imperfect theory indeed. She doesn't look like one who has been in slumber. More like a child whoes leash has been taken off." Jacob noticed her sudden relaxation.
This vampire lady intriged Jacob more and more.

"Why, did you not know? Surely you felt him when he awoke but a year ago. Nearly every vampire across all of Arethil felt his mind when he was awoken."
Jain's sudden reveal took a while to sink into Jacob's mind. A year ago, Jacob was just about at the end of a decade's nap. Jacob was present around the time when vampire-human conflicts were just at its infancy stage. He went took a short nap to avoid it all, not wanting to get involved. He thought it would die down in a few years, but it rather went worse.
He had just awakened 4 months ago. So the awakening of Gideon was 6 months before his. That'll explain why he didn't feel no change in the vampire community.
"So, it went so bad that the all mighty elders had to seek help from an individual huh? Hahahahaha I thought I had seen it all. This'll be a first, to see the elders swallowing pride, to ask for help." Jacob's laugh was light but could be heard by a few around him, which obviously garnered some eyes in his direction.

If an awakening could be felt even in the minds of other vampires, then this one is old...no... Ancient. And powerful. May be as powerful as me.... Jacob's inner thoughts pulsed through as he processed what to do next.
"Now this is the kind of excitement I have been looking for. Not much surprises me anymore." A wide smile that carried the look of mischief and satisfaction traveled across Jacob's face.

Looking back at Jain, into her eyes once more, ".. Now, tell me how I can get an audience with Lord Gideon. I must meet the man the elders threw their pride away for."

• Popcorn
As she slid her fangs into the girls neck he followed suit, taking the other side of her neck and drinking deeply. The girl gasped and her eyes rolled back in her head as ecstasy flooded her veins and her lifeblood was quickly bereft from her.
Within moments of their combined feeding she became faint and slumped in their grasp, Gideon held her and did not stop till her heart finally did.
He removed his fangs from her and she fell, a bloodless corpse with a smile on her face.

Gideon once again leaned back in the couch, resting his arms on the back. His eyes still never left Eleena, but they held a new appreciation in them.
"Gideon Varnay, that is my name. Welcome to the blood fest."
He motioned to the mass of struggling women, "They will obey your command, take whichever you desire and drink to your hearts content, this is a place of indulgence, you will find no shame here... Only pleasure."

Her thoughts were somewhat jumbled but more or less what he expected. She put up a front, giving in to her thirst, but she was making compromises... She was not a glutton like him, she was almost prudish except for her tendency to kill vampires.
She was compromising her values... And why? To get close to him, no doubt... How far will she go?

Servants carried the girl away, and it wasn't long before more were surging forward, begging to be fed on.
Gideon spoke conversationally at this point, in a business like manner. It was time to stop beating around the bush.
"The vampires you killed were members of the Undernation... You are aware of us, yes? Your sire may have informed you?
Anyways, we are a close-knit group, we keep the peace between vampires and mortals in Alliria. But we also provide protection to our members, and justice if we fail in that."

He made no threatening move, in fact he seemed completely calm as he accepted the wrist of a wood-elf girl and took small sips, savoring her elvish flavor as she settled in to lean against his lap as he fed on her.
"Keeping that in mind, I have a duty to those vampires you destroyed. They demand justice and I am inclined to give it to them... Unless..."
He leaned towards her, his expression revealing nothing but faint amusement, "Perhaps you would like to convince me that you are more valuable alive than a pile of ash."

It became apparent. He lost nothing by sharing his thralls with her... If she would not submit, he will be getting that blood back one way or another.

---------------------------------------------​

Jain followed him willingly enough, none of this information was a secret to another vampire and Jain saw no reason to hide.
As they left the dancefloor she lifted two glasses from a passing tray, handing him one and sipping the other.
".. Now, tell me how I can get an audience with Lord Gideon. I must meet the man the elders threw their pride away for."
She smiled warmly, "You already have an invitation to see Lord Gideon. Your actions against the rogue vampire hidden in the Reach has reached all of our ears, when he is ready he will send a thrall to invite you in..."

She looped her arm around his as she went on, "Indeed you are considered somewhat of a hero to our congregation. A vampire that doesn't follow the rules invites destruction down on all of us."

Eleena knew she had to get control herself. She was losing her mind. She had never drunk this much and she just wanted more. She regretted coming here. It was certainly not going in the direction she had planned it to. She had killed multiple humans and no vampires.

Her eyes snapped to Gideon when he gave her his name and the invitation to take her pick of the thralls. No, she was done. She had a mission. She had gotten off track. Red eyes watched the servants carry the dead body away and she frowned at it until they had disappeared from sight.

"The vampires you killed were members of the Undernation...

The hair stood up on the back of her neck. Gideon knew exactly who she was. Fuck.

"Keeping that in mind, I have a duty to those vampires you destroyed. They demand justice and I am inclined to give it to them... Unless...
Perhaps you would like to convince me that you are more valuable alive than a pile of ash."

Fuck, fuck, fuck.
It was hard for her to think of anything else. “I…” Eleena stopped speaking. She couldn’t think of anything to make herself useful to him. She had been here to seduce him, but he had so many willing parties that she doubted it would work.

Her options were limited. “I have been on my own since my sire’s tragic death seventeen years ago. I still struggle with his death. He was my everything for so long and I just…lose my head sometimes.”

Eleena placed a hand on Gideon’s thigh and looked as apologetic as she could manage. “I would beg for your forgiveness and promise to do whatever I can to make up for my…mistakes…” Every word tasted disgusting coming from her lips.

• Sip
Jacob accepted the glass of aged goodness and took a sip.
"You already have an invitation to see Lord Gideon. Your actions against the rogue vampire hidden in the Reach has reached all of our ears, when he is ready he will send a thrall to invite you in..."
"I'd say that's pleasant news. I shall wait then." If Jacob already had an audience with the vampire lord, then he need not hurry. He would love to continue chat with Jain until the the said thrall came.
"Indeed you are considered somewhat of a hero to our congregation. A vampire that doesn't follow the rules invites destruction down on all of us."
Jacob felt her cold arm loop his own rather warm arm.
"A hero? Nothing of the sort please. I didn't kill him as per requirement of whatever rules. I killed him because he preyed on a child, which is against my most absolute law.
" Please. I only did that to fulfill my own personal punishment. I despise vampires who feed on children. No.. Lothe them." Jacob spoke with a light frown on his face. The grip on the glass tightened just a bit for a short while.

He and Jain stood and talked more on his likes and dislike for vampires who feed on children. Jain was rather interesting to talk to. Calm and conposed, and only responded when needed. She spoke with meaning in her words and with tact.
Jacob found this impressive...

• Bless
“I have been on my own since my sire’s tragic death seventeen years ago. I still struggle with his death. He was my everything for so long and I just…lose my head sometimes.”
Being able to detect thoughts didn't mean he could detect intentions without some effort, and since he had no reason to disbelieve what she said he didn't feel the need exert more attention on her thoughts.
“I would beg for your forgiveness and promise to do whatever I can to make up for my…mistakes…”
Her hand was on his thigh, he took it and held it tenderly in his hand, his stare focusing on her eyes as he drew just a breadth closer.
"How gracious of you, mistress Eleena. Such a contrite heart, your sire must have been a fortunate man to have found one such as you."
He rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand, cold smooth skin across cold smooth skin.
He brought her hand to his lips and kissed it before taking a deep breath, detecting the scent of blood within her that she recently consumed.

Games... When a vampire has lived as long as he has, games and manipulations become the spice of life.
He played a game with her now, and the wager was her life against his.
A hand touched her shoulder and caressed up to her throat and then to her cheek, the bloodstained fingers teasing across her pure flesh.
"You are delicious, Eleena... I have heard your pleas, I feel almost persuaded to let you see what a century is like... But I think it is appropriate to have a second opinion, don't you?"

--------------------------------------------​

"A hero? Nothing of the sort please. I didn't kill him as per requirement of whatever rules. I killed him because he preyed on a child, which is against my most absolute law.
I only did that to fulfill my own personal punishment. I despise vampires who feed on children. No.. Lothe them."
Jain seemed slightly uncomfortable by his declaration, but she moved past it.
"Not a bad sentiment, my Lord. Although we here have a more pragmatic view on the subject. Many mortals value children very highly, especially the political manipulators. Since our laws have to be somewhat permissive in order to not be outright rejected, it is better to regulate than forbid. Some who prefer youthful blood must stay within set boundaries, children that will not be missed, urchins and orphans mostly. Some of the more philanthropic of our community will adopt and care for children, raising them in return for blood, although that situation is a rare one.
I tell you this in hopes that you won't indiscriminately punish those of us who remain within acceptable parameters."

She tactfully laughed it off and went on, discussing recent events both in the mortal and vampiric worlds.

Before much longer a thrall would approach Jacob, an elvish woman of red hair.
She bowed her head to him.
"The master invites you to drink with him in his chambers..."
She smiled up at him and offered her neck, "... he hopes that I might be able to whet your appetite."

Jain nodded to Jacob with a smile, "It was truly an honor and a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lord Jacob. I hope to see you again soon."
She gently placed a hand on his shoulder before stepping back.
"Feel honored, Lord Varnay has a particular taste for elven blood, and he is sharing that with you. I know your meeting will go well for you."

Some who prefer youthful blood must stay within set boundaries, children that will not be missed, urchins and orphans mostly. Some of the more philanthropic of our community will adopt and care for children, raising them in return for blood, althoug
Though Jacob still didn't approve of the idea of even the thought of feeding in the young, Jain made a strong point. To completely forbid the feeding on children would birth resistance from certain vampire groups.
However, plans on maintaining his resolve.

"The master invites you to drink with him in his chambers..."
She smiled up at him and offered her neck, "... he hopes that I might be able to whet your appetite."
His conversation with Jain was interrupted by a beautiful elvish woman. Her dressing indicated she was one of the many of the hundreds of thralls present at this party here.
"Finally!... It's about time. I have been waiting for his rather slow ass to be ready to invite me in."
Jacob was known to be cheeky and daring. Throwing a comment like that, at a party like this, was basically a call for death. But then, Jacob didn't fear death. In fact, he searched for it for a long time but could never really get it.
She smiled up at him and offered her neck, "... he hopes that I might be able to whet
The thrall presented herself to Jacob.
" Well I dare say that in my long years of living, I have yet to taste the blood of an elf. This would be a delight." As his words left his lips, he walked closer to the thrall and slid his tongue across her neck, earning a low and pleading moan from her lips.

He pulled her to himself by her waist, and planted a warm kiss on her bare neck. He could practically pick up the aroma of her blood coursing through her jugular. In one quick movement, he latched on to her neck, and sucked the life blood out of her.
Her breath slowed, as did her heart. But Jacob stopped before she breathed her last. "Now that was indeed a delight." He said, with a look of lust for more.
"I'll save you for later my dear." He said with a sadistic smile. The
"But first..." He paused, then in a flash, he whized through the crowd using vamp speed into Gideon's chambers with the thrall still trapped in his embrace. "... Let me see who sent me such a delicious snack."

Jacob lifted his eyes away from the elf thrall and his gaze landed on the guest of honor...Lord Gideon Doxus Maximus Varnay, in all his vampiric splendor, was reclined at a couch and surrounded by hundreds of thralls practically begging to be fed on.
He let go of the thrall. "Don't go anywhere, I'll be right back."
He then took a few steps forward to greet Gideon.

"Greetings. My name, is Ford... Jacob Ford. It's an honor to present at this here great event." He did a slight bow with his head.
"I have been dieing all evening to see the one who the elders threw their pride away for. And I just say, I am not completely disappointed."
His eyes fell on Eleena. "Ahh, if it is the young vampire with thirst control issues." A light smirk plastered across his face. "Nice to meet you young one." He finished...

• Bless
Gideon took her hand in his and move slightly closer to her. He never broke eye contact and this mesmerizing eyes of his were drawing her in. Eleena just looked with feigned shyness at his compliment of her and then the kiss on her knuckles. She was good but she was not this good. Gideon had spent many many years perfecting it.

Oh, this would be a fun triumph indeed. It would be so glorious when she finally killed him.

She smiled at Gideon as his fingers caressed her throat ever so gently and his words made her smile falter. A second opinion was needed? And who would give it? She felt nervous and scared, but she did not move away from him.

Before Eleena could ask any further questions of the vampire, a new male entered the room. Not a thrall and he smelled weird…off. She was curious how all these vampire males ended up so handsome. It certainly made her job slightly more appealing.

Jacob Ford seemed very full of himself and to address Gideon in such a casual way. She was already studying the newcomer when his dark eyes fell on her. A sneer formed on her lips as he spoke down to her. He knew nothing of her and he is made this his first impression.

Perhaps he would move up on her kill list by a lot.

• Devil
"Greetings. My name, is Ford... Jacob Ford. It's an honor to present at this here great event." He did a slight bow with his head.
"I have been dieing all evening to see the one who the elders threw their pride away for. And I just say, I am not completely disappointed."
Only when Jacob entered did he break eye-contact with Eleena.
Gideon nodded to the creature that blinked into his chamber, he caught on to the scent as quickly as Eleena did and recognized it almost immediately... Seemed the Undernation truly has become more liberal and "open-minded" when it comes to impure bloodlines.

He had his own biases, but he was also too old to really care about his lineage, he was more interested in his accomplishments.
His eyes fell on Eleena. "Ahh, if it is the young vampire with thirst control issues." A light smirk plastered across his face. "Nice to meet you young one." He finished...
Gideon could practically feel the tension between them, something which amused him greatly as he watched Eleena make a face of disgust at him.

Gideon remained seated as he greeted his newest guest.
"Welcome and well met, Sir Jacob, to this auspicious occasion.
I will first begin by congratulating you for your swift and selfless action against the rogue vampire, the actions of his kind cannot go unchecked and you have done all vampire-kind a great service by disposing of him."

He regarded the creature named Jacob standing before him.
Just by looking at him he could tell that this creature was old, much older than many of the vampires at this party. And for vampires, age meant power... He wondered what it meant for half-blood creatures such as Jacob.

"Later I will grant you a reward for your service, anything you request if it is within my power to grant. But for now, perhaps you can aid me in another matter?"
He dropped an arm loosely around Eleena's shoulders, indicating her involvement in this discussion as well as passively trapping her to his side.
"On this matter, our mistress Eleena here is facing some fairly damning charges. The murder of two kinsmen, one a member of the congregation enjoying the freedoms allowed to him, the other an enforcer who sought to amend her behavior. As one who holds himself to a higher moral standard, what would you deem an appropriate punishment for one such as her?"

Now the test had begun. Since these two newcomers made themselves known all they've done is kill vampires.
Gideon will now see if this creature's sense of justice extended to vampires as well, or only pity towards humans. Based on how he judged Eleena, a vampire who had detested at least two vampires enough to kill them, and possibly a third, Gideon will be able to tell how he should handle both of them.

• Wonder
Reactions: Jacob Ford
The room was mostly quiet, but for the thralls all around expressing their need to be fed on, through mummures and moans.

Gideon remained seated as he greeted his newest guest.
"Welcome and well met, Sir Jacob, to this auspicious occasion.
I will first begin by congratulating you for your swift and selfless action against the rogue vampire, the actions of his kind cannot go unchecked and you have done all vampire-kind a great service by disposing of him."
Gideon remaining in his seat, finally spoke. His voice carried an aura of power, even in his weakened state.
Gideon, like Jain before him, once again made mention of Jacob's apparent heroics, which he didn't really see what was so great about it.
"Thank you for welcoming me. But I really don't see what was the heroics in killing a scoundrel. I didn't dispatch him for the sake of vampires. I did that to avenge the child killed. Many see me as whimsical and treacherous and a human sympathizer. But I simply sympathize with the weak innocents treated unfairly."
Jacob was firm and calm in his speech, almost like he has be giving such speeches multiple times

"Plus, I have a soft spot for children." He added with a playful grin.

"On this matter, our mistress Eleena here is facing some fairly damning charges. The murder of two kinsmen, one a member of the congregation enjoying the freedoms allowed to him, the other an enforcer who sought to amend her behavior. As one who holds himself to a higher moral standard, what would you deem an appropriate punishment for one such as her?"
Gideon placed his hand on Eleena's shoulders, bringing Jacob's attention to her once again. Wow!! Control freak here... Jacob thought to himself.
"Sir Varnay, I usually don't bother myself with the squabbles of others, especially when it comes to vampire squabbles. They tire my brain." Jacob replied, as he took a few steps and took a seat on one of the sofas.
"However, my advice in this case would be get to the root of all this madness. No vampire, no matter how vile, will kill another of his or her kind without reason... So we should find out the reason for the killings before judgment be passed."

Jacob looked to Eleena... "What ever the reason, you'll know what to do with her next. That is my advice."
With that, Jacob reached for the arm of the elvin thrall from before, and bit on it, drawing from it, the luscious liquid. He tilted his head back and savored the taste to the fullest.
"I just say, elvish blood is rather divine... "

Gideon remaining in his seat, finally spoke. His voice carried an aura of power, even in his weakened state.
Gideon, like Jain before him, once again made mention of Jacob's apparent heroics, which he didn't really see what was so great about it.
"Thank you for welcoming me. But I really don't see what was the heroics in killing a scoundrel. I didn't dispatch him for the sake of vampires. I did that to avenge the child killed. Many see me as whimsical and treacherous and a human sympathizer. But I simply sympathize with the weak innocents treated unfairly."
Jacob was firm and calm in his speech, almost like he has be giving such speeches multiple times

Eleena rolled her eyes at Jacob's explanation of his heroics. This is why the world would be better without vampires. He cared about children but the other humans were far game. It was disgusting and so was she now. She had been made to kill her kind not become like them.

He dropped an arm loosely around Eleena's shoulders, indicating her involvement in this discussion as well as passively trapping her to his side.

Gideon placed his hand on Eleena's shoulders, bringing Jacob's attention to her once again. Wow!! Control freak here... Jacob thought to himself.
"Sir Varnay, I usually don't bother myself with the squabbles of others, especially when it comes to vampire squabbles. They tire my brain." Jacob replied, as he took a few steps and took a seat on one of the sofas.
"However, my advice in this case would be get to the root of all this madness. No vampire, no matter how vile, will kill another of his or her kind without reason... So we should find out the reason for the killings before judgment be passed."

Jacob looked to Eleena... "What ever the reason, you'll know what to do with her next. That is my advice."

Gideon's arm draped around her shoulder and she stiffened slightly. It was only a second before she relaxed into him. They may have been discussing if she was going to cease to exist or not but she needed to show that she was not afraid of them. She wasn't, of course, but there was a little worry. Everything Gideon said was true and she would accept her fate.

Eleena was suprised by Jacob's answer. The way he had marched in there, she was sure he would demand that her head be detached from her body.

Eleena finally spoke up once Jacob had finished speaking and bit into the elf's arm. "Perhaps I just missed my sire and they reminded me of him. I was overcome by grief..."

Last edited:
"Thank you for welcoming me. But I really don't see what the heroics was in killing a scoundrel. I didn't dispatch him for the sake of vampires. I did that to avenge the child killed. Many see me as whimsical and treacherous and a human sympathizer. But I simply sympathize with the weak innocents treated unfairly."

That wasn't a glowing report on him. Killing a vampire entirely for the sake of human children to the disregard of vampiric society... While it ultimately worked towards the good of the vampire society as a whole, it didn't lend itself to placing any trust in him.
While old, Gideon reassessed his original estimation of this beings age. In vampiric terms, he still had some very mortal and human sympathies that are generally lost as one grew older and could see beyond the racial divide and see the nature of living beings as a whole.

However, Gideon continued to smile welcomingly.
"Nonsense! You severely underestimate the importance of what you've done for us, I urge you not to make light of it since none of us here do at all."
For now... The story is that he did it philanthropically for the sake of vampires, and it will need to remain as such because many in the Undernation will be put ill at ease to learn that a creature as powerful as him has no ties or sympathies to the society at all.
If or until he redeems himself, or leaves Alliria, that will have to be the story for his sake... If Gideon wished to avoid executing him here and now.

"However, my advice in this case would be get to the root of all this madness. No vampire, no matter how vile, will kill another of his or her kind without reason... So, we should find out the reason for the killings before judgment be passed."

Jacob looked to Eleena... "Whatever the reason, you'll know what to do with her next. That is my advice."
Sage advice, which brought him no closer to finding a conclusion as to how to handle Jacob. This half-breed, whatever he called himself, was as much a wildcard as Eleena, if not more so because of his age and power.

That aside for now.

With that, Jacob reached for the arm of the elven thrall from before, and bit on it, drawing from it, the luscious liquid. He tilted his head back and savored the taste to the fullest.
"I just say, elvish blood is rather divine... "
He smiled, "I am glad you like it; I am rather fond of it myself. There is something exotic about the blood of those with longer lives, or who hold the power of immortality in their flesh. I rather enjoy that flavor."

He turned his attention back to Eleena, caressing her cheek with the back of his bloodstained hand.
"Now, mistress Eleena, our sir Jacob has suggested we dissect your reasonings behind your killings. What have you to say in your defense?"
"Perhaps I just missed my sire and they reminded me of him. I was overcome by grief..."
Gideon smirked, "Such a heart wrenching story, my dear. Pray tell, if your sire were so dear and beloved enough to be missed by you, why would you destroy such reminders of him?"
This alone caused him to suspect that she had indeed killed her sire. If these recent additions to her body count reminded her of him, and she lashed out and destroyed them... Perhaps her sire was not so beloved after all...

The questions were moot. He knew what to do with Eleena, his decision was already made. And in truth, he was more curious to learn more about her and for her to learn more about him than he was in finding justice for the two vampires she destroyed. He knew his decision would be respected by the Undernation regardless... There may come a time to kill her, but certainly not before he's had his fun.

Jacob licked the elf's arm clean, using his venom to heal the bite wound nicely before he responded to Gideon once more.
"Nonsense! You severely underestimate the importance of what you've done for us, I urge you not to make light of it since none of us here do at all."
"Well I do understand what it means to the vampire nation. Killings like that would darken the evil eyes already placed on us a nation especially at a critical time as this." Jacob paused for a moment, shifting in his seat to get more comfortable.
"... Which brings me to this question." He continued. "What do are your plans with regards to the humans attacking. I must say, I admire their bravery. Taking on forces as old and dark as us."
Jacob always found humans fascinating. Apart from them being food, they were always an intriguing breed to him. So he spent plenty of time studying them, but still, he had never really come to a satisfying result.

He smiled, "I am glad you like it; I am rather fond of it myself. There is something exotic about the blood of those with longer lives, or who hold the power of immortality in their flesh. I rather enjoy that flavor."
"Tell me about it!" Jacob said with a smile of satisfaction. "You'll probably hate me for this, but at a certain time in my exaggerated long life, I was fixated on vampire blood. It just had this appeal to me. I was known for about 2 or 3 centuries as the vampire who hunted other vampires. But of course to be more accurate, am not exactly a vampire."
After Jacob said this, he threw a careful glance towards Gideon. Since he stepped in, he could practically feel Gideon studying him. His every move, his every word or action.
Jacob had also been studying the regal individual secretly.. So far, he'd noticed that Gideon had already underestimated him.
Now that's a mistake that could cost your life my dear friend... Jacob thought.

Now although all these thoughts raced through Jacob's mind, he kept a polite and calm demeanor. He didn't want to come off as threatening. Although Gideon in his current state was no match for Jacob, Gideon still had a lot of sorcerers and plenty other vampires under his command. Allowing a conflict to ensue now wouldn't be wise. That would be costly for both parties.

Two powerful individuals like us should rather stick together...

The men were speaking and, honestly, she zoned out. Jacob seemed to play more games than she did while Gideon was straight forward. She could appreciate that in a leader...even if she did plan to kill him.

"You'll probably hate me for this, but at a certain time in my exaggerated long life, I was fixated on vampire blood. It just had this appeal to me. I was known for about 2 or 3 centuries as the vampire who hunted other vampires. But of course to be more accurate, am not exactly a vampire."

A dark brow rose at Jacob's little story. How interesting and yet...she was the one on trial. It seemed wholly unfair now. She was clearly not the only vampire who killed vampires.

Gideon smirked, "Such a heart wrenching story, my dear. Pray tell, if your sire were so dear and beloved enough to be missed by you, why would you destroy such reminders of him?"

"I said perhaps..." Eleena smiled slyly at Gideon. She could still feel the caress of his hand against her cheek.

She wanted to get to know him and learn how he gotten so powerful before she dispatched him. If she could grow her strength, she could rid the world of vampires even quicker.

Last edited: