Private Tales Right Place, Right Time

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Tharu still couldn't help but let his eyes wander her a bit when she stood. It was difficult to realize how striking she was when she was at her normal size, so when the full picture unfurled in front of him once more, he felt his voice catch in the back of his throat again before he pushed himself to continue, smiling sheepishly.

"We ascribe to the freedom of life, Zaria. We wouldn't dare confine you even if you wished for it." Not that any would desire such a fate. Tharu tilted his head, looking towards the mouth of the tent. "It isn't terribly late. We could make it if you wished to expedite our travel, though if you'd rather wait until you return to your normal size for convenience's sake I do understand."

It wouldn't be long before Nairth sent a messenger to discern what had become of Tharu. This impromptu rescue and subsequent partnership had definitely delayed his return, though it was certainly worth it to help Zaria. Taking another long sip of tea, The Prince sighed, setting the empty cup aside and pointing an ear to the door.

All was quiet. They hadn't been followed by anything else, and it seemed peace had returned to the wilds, for now.

"I think he'll like you, though he may have a funny way of expressing it."

• Dab
Reactions: Zaria
We ascribe to the freedom of life, Zaria. We wouldnt dare confine you even if you wished for it.

Dark brows lifted on her smooth skin. "Do some come to you or your father wishing for confinement?" It was a strange thing to say. But she'd also been locked up for quite some time so she was sure she missed what might be considered now social norms.

Color her curious.

Head shook at his proposal. "I'm a little worn out from the fight. Would it be possible to rest for a little bit before heading out on our journey?" She paused, looking around the tent but didn't see another place to sit except his bedroll. Her cheeks warmed a second time.

Then more curiosity.

"I am honored to think your father might like me." A court King no less. "Funny way of expressing it?" With nowhere else to sit, she slowly sunk back down on his bedroll and scooched over, offering the other side to the prince by patting her hand over its surface.

"Do some come to you or your father wishing for confinement?"

There were... several ways to answer that question, and Tharu had experienced too much in the last few days to even begin to delve into that topic. Instead, he opted to shrug, a non-committal laugh coming to him as he turned to replace the cups they'd used for tea back onto the small drawer they'd been before. "We do get plenty who seek asylum from otherwise hostile places, but I suppose we don't force them to stay. That would be rather counter-intuitive towards out mantra, wouldn't it?"

"As for my Father..."
He returned, smiling thankfully at her gesture with a bit of heat rising to his own face as eh took his place beside her again. "He can come off as cold, unaffected, and sometimes needlessly flirtatious, but I find he usually has the best intentions for people. Just don't let him intimidate you, and you'll get along with him fine."

He was far more at ease with the Pixie now that they'd gotten some of that awkwardness out of their system, but there was undoubtedly still an odd tension in the air, one that wasn't helped as she'd offer a spot sharing the bedroll. Now though, he shook his head a bit.

"Rest as long as you like. I wouldn't want to cramp the bedroll, and certainly I don't wish to bring you any more stress. I will be perfectly fine meditating until you're ready to leave."

A nap would have been somewhat nice, but he'd also slept on grass before. It was pleasant enough when one could attune themselves to it properly. He did have to ponder, though, how long the physical changes in Zaira were to last?

He rose to his feet and lowered to sit on the woven carpet floor of the magical tent with his legs crossed, sighing as he attempted to relax his muscles further after their close shave. "I should stay vigilant for our friend anyways. Who knows if he'll pay us another visit?"

"Well, if you insist," she smiled up at him as he stood and found a spot on the floor. She couldn't promise that she couldn't be intimidated by the Spring King but she found herself more curious to meet him than any other emotion. Besides, even though they'd spent a short time together, she found she trusted Tharu.

And if she trusted the son perhaps she could trust the father.

"Wake me if there's trouble," she said, all but commanding the prince. Arms stretched above her head and tucking her wings in tightly, she lay back on her side. Brown-eyes watched the form of the prince for sometime before they closed and she drifted off to a deep sleep.