Private Tales Remembering What Might Have Been

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
There was a huff of amusement when Ilona looked into the mind of Ánië. She was a beautiful, devious creature and she would see Sil'Dalin suffer instead of outright killing me.

"Well," she started and kissed Ánië's neck again. "Wait until I find another second before you send him off to die," Ilona returned to the silence as she continued to hold the love she thought was lost forever.

"Of course," Ilona answered the question of going home. "Mine or yours?"

Ánië Táralóm

"Of course, but choose quickly... his task is one which requires haste," she replied, her words followed by an amusing thought regarding brevity. She gave a quiet laugh, and then lifted a hand to reach at Ilona's neck with an affectionate touch.

"Wherever suits you, my love," she said, as it truly did not matter where they went. All that mattered is that they went there together.

"I already have a short list of replacements, my dear," Ilona chuckled softly as they walked.

Ilona had decided to take Ánië to her place since she was not sure what sort of state Ánië's was in after being empty for so long. Ilona's was rather sparse in comparison to other swords but it was the way she liked it. She had never been one to have many things and it rolled over into her new life as well. Her home was simply decorated with the basics of furniture. She also had a few bookshelves with a large collection of books as well as notebooks and writing utensils. She closed the door behind them before pulling the High Councillor into an embrace.

"Ánië, marry me. Be my mate. Be mine forever."

It was something that Ilona had wanted to say for a very long time and now that their relationship was public knowledge, she could. It was crazy how some things changed while others never did.

Ánië Táralóm

There was a time when there were only a few whose dwellings were within the Temple, but after the Eventide and even in these days of Arkhivom, much of the city still lay in ruin. When arrangements were made over a century ago, as councillor it was obvious Ánië would reside here, and she had made sure that Ilona's dwelling would be near. And all the while they traversed through the grandeur of their most sacred place, she never imagined that now, of all times, Ilona would do what she had just done: wrapped her in that warmest embrace, uttered those most beautiful words.

She was shocked, and for a moment, felt a little strange. She felt a trembling in her hands, and a heaviness in her stomach. Her heart fluttered oddly, and her face flushed. It was as though someone else were within her, feeling... joy.

And then she snapped back, and her composure was her own again, and the reality of the situation was again her focus. And even now, under the cold of this dark spell, she felt her own joy.

She pulled away only to look into her lover's eyes, pouring a particular intensity into her gaze. One of her arms wrapped around Ilona's waist and almost violently pulled her in, and with the wave of her other hand she prompted her garments to loosen themselves, as if begging to be thrown aside. As Ánië leaned in to share with her a longing kiss she breathed, "I have always been yours."

• Popcorn
Reactions: Ilona Xy'Mari
Ilona had long ago argued with Ánië about keeping their relationship a secret and it had remained that was for three hundred long years. There was only one person that Ilona wanted to love - even with her extracurricular activities while Ánië was lost. She would be lying if she said she wasn't a little worried about what her love would say.

There was no vocal answer as Ánië as the woman pulled her closer with more force than she thought possible sometimes. Ánië was good at hiding her true strength and she especially liked to bring it out in the privacy of one of their homes.

A moment later, Ilona's clothing started to loosen and she knew that Ánië was going to destroy the poor garments. Ilona found that she didn't give a single fuck. Ánië could do whatever she wanted to her.

"I have always been yours."

Ilona pulled her back into another passionate kiss and felt a dark happiness that she was going to marry this woman.

"But now the world will know, my beautiful Ánië," she kissed her again with a smile on her lips.

Ánië Táralóm

"The whole world," she replied as their lips came together once again.

And as they began to get lost in each other, Ánië was quick to continue the task she'd started, and began to pull at her lover's clothes, tossing them aside...

Despite the power she once again felt in her veins, in her bones, she could not deny the ordeal that her body had undergone these last few months. She was exhausted, especially... after that. So as much as she wished she could lay here in her lover's arms, simply enjoying her warmth, she knew she was not long until she drifted into the sleep state. But, after months of being deprived, she did not wish to return alone. Laying on her side, she looked Ilona in the eyes, running a gentle hand across her perspired cheek, then a finger down her jaw.

"Ilona," she breathed her name, "come with me..."

And then that same hand same hand ran softly across her neck and reached behind. She placed three fingertips over a series of vertebrae on the back of Ilona's neck, and looked deeply into her eyes.

The mental tugging started gently first...

"Join me," she quietly declared.

And then it became more of an embrace - an invitation, to join Ánië within her subconscious construct, the gateway into her mind, and from there, the gateway into the dream state.

Ilona never got tired of going with Ánië into her little dream world. This was the first time she had done it in a while though and the stark contrast to how it used to be caught Ilona off-guard. It wasn't bad, it was just different. Ilona actually preferred this one to the bright happiness of the other. This darkness was more their speed.

"Have I mentioned that I have missed you?" Ilona said as she stepped behind Ilona and pulled her against her chest. The Swords hands rested on her lover's stomach.

"I have also missed coming here with you and doing all the naughty things we do in the real world," she kissed Ánië's neck. "I missed everything about you, my love."

Ánië Táralóm

As their minds began to join, together they slid down into sleep. And into their joined dreams did they wake. First there was only blackness, and then light, and images began to take shape. The perception of one's body became apparent, and soon they found themselves standing in a strange, round chamber. It appeared as though it were made of stones laced with trees grown up into them, and above it all wound together in a ever moving swirl of still shapes. Four great archways were to their flanks, and one grand archway before them.

As they entered in through this grander archway, they entire environment once again shifted and changed. Blackness was beneath them, and before them, and all around was the ambiance of sorrow. The once sweet melody of the Shoraes' song had turned to wailing grief, and despair embraced their minds. The collective was as it ever was - united. Only now in the place of light and joy, was shadow and hate. And to Ánië, as she was now, it was comfort.

She felt her lover's arms wrap around her as they stood there in the midst of swirling blackness, beholding the image of an evil place.

She leaned back into her, nuzzled her cheek into Ilona's and said, "and though for so long I did not know, I missed you too."

There were whispers in the dark that fluttered to and fro - names, places, times. There was a stirring in the collective, one prompted from very far away.

"I sense our lord Arkhivom... he perceives a threat to us... those who would come to undo all he has done."

Ánië rested her hands on Ilona's, "we cannot let that happen."

Ilona felt it...heard it...but she didn't want to pay attention to it right now. She had finally gotten her Ánië back and she didn't want to do work yet. They had just gotten back. They needed time together.

There was a long sigh before Ilona kissed Ánië's head and nodded. "No," she said in a tone of resignation, "we cannot but do we have to see to it now?"

Ilona was keenly aware that she was sounding like a child who wasn't getting her way. She wouldn't apologize either.

Ánië Táralóm

Ánië slowly slipped away from Ilona's embrace before turning to face her. She brought her hands up to Ilona's cheeks, touching so gently as to be almost hovering just over her skin. A smile slowly stretched across her features, and her nose crinkled. Then, she began to giggle, saying, "don't be silly my love, our toys will come to us!"

Ánië would be lying if she said she had any desire to pay any heed to dangers in these moments. The realization of how long it had been, and how free they now were, all began to sink in. So, as she leaned into her lover, there was not a care for the dangers that were nigh. There wasn't a thought of that which needed to be done. There were only her arms wrapping tightly around her waist. Their lips pressed against one another's. Their thoughts, their memories, their feelings.

There was only they two, in this place, together.

"You are the most beautiful creature in the world, my love," Ilona murmured against Ánië's lips.

The two of them lost track of time in the nightmarish dreamscape as they both made up for their time apart. They lay in each other's arms on the black floor and just enjoyed the roiling screams and cries. It was home, it was right, it was perfect.

"Do you want to have a big ceremony or something small with just us?" Ilona asked softly as she placed a kiss on her mate's head. "I will do whatever you want as long as we are bound together forever..."

Ánië Táralóm

"I want the largest of ceremonies, something that will be remembered like our traditions of old. We will take the whole Temple for all those that will attend, and they will watch as we are made one in front of all of them. I do hope our lord Arkhivom leads the celebrations himself..."

To her, it was the most wonderful and jubilant of events that it required no less than the utmost attention. All would know that she, highest of the Order's Councilors, had chosen her life-mate. There would be nothing hidden, and there would be not ever an ounce of shame for that which she'd felt so forced to hide for so long, since she'd been so young.

"... we will rule this place together with them."

"Of course you do," Ilona chuckled.

Ánië was definitely the more public of the two of them and she had wanted to share their relationship from the start. It was Ilona who wanted the secret kept and Ánië had respected that for many years. A huge ceremony is what Ánië wanted and a huge ceremony is what Ánië would get.

"Hmmmm...I think between the two of us, we can persuade our Lord Arkhivom to bind us. We are two of his more loyal and powerful followers."

Ilona closed her eyes and listened to the sounds around them.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" She asked with her eyes still closed. She was growing tired even in this place.

Ánië Táralóm

"Oh, you will see..."

Well before necessary, Anie departed from the dream state and rose from their bed. In moments she had gone, all long before Ilona was content to return to the waking world. And out through the Temple's grand corridors she strolled, enjoying the familiarity of home so much as to run her hands along the wall for a time as she went. She was aimless, not at all wishing to carry out her plans for her first, true triumphant day back in her place over all her people - yet she was guided. Her steps, though without a thought, were led a particular way. Silence guided her spirit knowing her mind would not listen, and soon she found herself in a great chamber.

And there she was in the presence of the Shorai - grasped by Arkhivom's will, casting its dark light.

She stood in the entryway, which was one of several large archways. But large as these passages were, they were dwarfed by the size of this great crystal, and she could not help but take a moment to truly marvel at it. They as a people still only knew so much about it despite all they were capable of because of it.

She stepped closer.

It brought their people together like none had ever heard of it seemed, and it empowered them in ways they could hardly explain to others. But now all she could think about... was herself...

So?

Drawing ever closer.

Why shouldn't I think... about myself?

Her approach became almost trancelike, her hand reaching up as though pulled by a string from above, her hand slower to straighten up to an upright palm.

And her hand was placed upon the Shorai.

Ilona had awoken and rolled over to feel the empty space in her bed. Ánië was not there. She immediately felt terror grip her heart as she thought about losing her love again and it just got worse as she searched for the woman.

She was not there.

She was gone.

The First Sword through on a cloak and tore from her home to look for Ánië. It was not long before she found her, thankfully. The High Councillor looked like she was in a trance as she reached toward the Shorai.

For some reason, Ilona had the feeling that she had to stop Ánië but was too late. Her hand was on the great crystal and Ilona could only walk closer to her.

"Ánië, what are you doing, my love?"

Ánië Táralóm