Private Tales Redefining the Past

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Character Biography
Link
Months had past since that fateful day, Cee was more than begin to show her pregnancy with the growing bump, Griggy couldn't help sneaking up behind his love, kissing her on cheek as his hands come around to feel the her bump, feel their future child move and kick in her belly. it had been a long time since he felt this happy, felt this kind of bliss so of course the past rise it's head to remind him of it.

Griggy didn't like Cee smuggling operation, it was noble cause to free those women but it was dangerous risk she was taking but he knew it made her happy, gave her some purpose outside of her art, so he let her continue it. but her recent arrival, a young Duanann similar age to him maybe younger with read hair like his. he had only see her from a distance but he felt he knew her.

Today cee was discussing things with her in the guest room she had been staying, Griogair stood outside the door his hand ready to knock, he was nervous yet he didn't exactly know though subconsciously he knew who was on other side of that door, his cousin Maeve, he just didn't want to believe it, to get his hopes up on something that might just be a mistake but finally he knocked on the door and opened the door.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Ashling Delaney
Ceilidh looked over at the door as Griogair opened the door and stepped inside. She smiled at her love and then back at Maeve. They had been discussing the few rules that Cee had for her new arrivals. There weren't many but she was not going to have them caught by the wrong person and sent back to Night Court or dead.

"Griogair, I would like you to meet..."

"Griggy..."

Ceilidh looked between the two and frowned. How did they know each other? Her mind automatically went to former lovers and she felt a strange twinge of jealousy.

• Popcorn
Griogair frozen on hearing his nickname come from an too familiar voice, it was Maeve alright, it was undeniable now, she almost looked the same as the day he last saw her, only her was now cut shorter.

Maeve wasted no time standing from her seat she ran at Griogair and hugged him tightly as she could with him doing the same, he closed his eyes as a tear began to fall from one of them. his throat was tight it felt difficult to swallow to talk. "I... I thought you were dead, when I saw the burning house I... I suspected worst, i should have looked for you."

Griogair's mind was a mess of thoughts and feelings, regret and relief swirled side by side, battling each other for dominance. he was trying to keep some semblance of control, trying to control his shuddering breathing. he opened to look at seeing the frown on her face.

"I'm sorry. Cee. this my cousin, Maeve."

• Popcorn
They did know each other. That did not ease up the feeling of jealousy though. They were hugging. They knew each other from before his family was killed.

Griogair finally spoke to her and she let out a breath of relief that she didn't realize she had been holding.

"Your cousin! How incredible!" Ceilidh said, looking genuinely happy now. "It is nice to meet my baby's second cousin," she touched her growing stomach with another smile. "Griogair is my partner. You are a guest here even more so now. Please make yourself at home and do not worry about any kind of time limit on your stay here!" She continued on.

• Popcorn
All Griogair could do was smile at this moment and Cee as she called him her partner but a thought passively wriggled in the back of his head, If maeve was alive so to could others

Maeve looked up at him and gently elbowed him in the ribs “you’ve done well for yourself” she whispered to him before turning back to ceilidh. He smiled shyly in response. “Thank you for kindness and hospitality, Ceilidh, I never expected to be free or see my cousin one day, yet thanks to you I have done both.” She came up to Cee clasping her hands in hers “I am in your debt.

The thought in Griogair had quickly grown in his mind as he had zoned out of what front as that single thought, that single possibility consumed him.

• Popcorn
Ceilidh did not do her job for the inadvertent favors she received but it was definitely a perk. A fae never forgot who owned them a debt. She smiled and gave a single nod to Maeve.

"This may be a strange question and I may be speaking out of turn but are you the only survivor of Griogair's family? Until just now, he thought everyone was gone..."

Her voice trailed off as she reached a hand to Griogair and pulled him to her side. She knew that was the question on his mind. He was not difficult to read at all.

• Popcorn
Griogair was jerked from his thoughts and into the real world as he was pulled to Ceilidh's side, his hand intertwining with hers as he gave her a soft smile. "yes, do you know of anyone else that survived, anyone else we could possibly rescue?"

Her hands let go of Ceilidh's as she gripped her own fidgeting with them as she looked downwards to her lap "I have a lot of bad memories" Grogair approached Maeve holding her hands "I do too, but if you do this for me, for us, I won't bring it up further." he gave her a sweet smile as she looked up to him.

"I didn't see much they blindfold and gagged us as soon as they could but I was with your mother and my mine when they took us, they... they split us after we arrived in night court territory, I haven't seen them since. I... I... I wish I could be more help but that's all I know" she looked down again in shame that she couldn't help be of more, as tears fell down her face.

Griogair hugged her "it's okay, that's more than enough," he spoke comforting her "we'll have one of the servants show you to a room, there you get settled in"

"thank you to the both of you" she wiped the tear from her eyes with her sleeve.

Ceilidh smiled and reassured Maeve that everything would be okay now.

Once she and Griogair had left the room, she found a servant and let her know to get a new room made up for Maeve in the main guest room. She then looked at Griogair and touched his cheek gently.

"Are you alright, my love?" She asked with a small smile. She was happy to know that he had family that survived but she was worried that he would now become dangerously obsessed with finding more information. She couldn't lose him because he went snooping where he was not allowed.

He smiled as he felt Cee's gentle touch across his cheek, he would take her hand in a firm but gentle grasp as he lent into her hand as the smile slowly disappeared from his face.

"I know I should be happy to see Maeve again, to know that that my mother and aunt may be still live but I all a feel is... guilt. that I should have tried looking for them, that should've done something else instead of standing still and waiting."

"I understand but you cannot feel guilt over that Griogair. It is too dangerous to go snooping around in Night Court. You have a child on the way, my love."

Ceilidh hoped that he would see reason. She needed him, their child needed him. She took his hand and continued to walk down the hall again.

"What would you like to do today?" She asked. The High Lady could only hope that she could get his mind off whatever plans had started to circulate in there.

He sighed "I know," He knew he needed to be there for her, for their child but he didn't know how long he could have that unanswered question gnaw at his soul or understand what would be left of him if it didn't stop.

he walked beside her with his hand intertwined with her own. he didn't know how to answer her question he didn't know what he wanted to do, he had no desire to do anything, he just felt numb, empty, everything had seemed to have lost its lustre and life. "I..I don't know" he spoke his tone melancholic, his glowing tattoos were dim.

Last edited:
Ceilidh eventually sighed as she stopped walking. She pulled him to face her and smiled sadly.

"If you have to go to the Night Court then you have my blessing but I cannot go with you..."

She would not risk herself, her business, her fae smuggling, or her child for him to chance his past. She could not.

He would offer no resistance when she pulled him, he would turn to face her, looking down into her eyes as she spoke, one she had spoken he would bring his hands to her waist and pull her closer, the only gap between them was Ceilidh's growing bump.

He rested his forehead against hers, his eyes closed. "I wouldn't want you to come, this is my responsibility, not yours, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if you or our child got hurt if you were with me." his voice was low and quiet ho would give her brief kiss "and thank you, I will see you again, nothing will stop me from that, I promise."

Last edited:
Ceilidh clung to Griogair a little longer than she normally would. She could not lose him too but life was cruel so she had no idea what would happen. She just knew that it was not safe for him to do this. Not safe at all.

"When will you leave?"

Her voice was soft as she asked the question and kissed him back sadly.

"not for a few days, i don't want to say goodbye just yet," he hugged her tight against his chest so she could hear his heartbeat. "i want those days to be special for both us, I love you with all my heart, I hope you know this"

He hugged her tighter for a brief second then let her go, "So what do wish to do, these days are yours until I leave. we can do anything and everything you wish, you just need to ask." He wanted these last days to be fond memories for the both of them, as they will be what pull him through whatever he may go through.

Ceilidh clung to him and his hug. She was happy to hear that they had a few days still. Of course, she wanted to be positive but the Night Court was a terrible place.

"What do you want to do?" She asked Griogair. "You are the one leaving Winter for a bit..."

See? She was being positive!

Griogair took a second to think of something, something they both could enjoy, and then an Idea struck him like a lightning bolt, a picnic, Ceilidh was hungry most of the time thanks to their growing child and it was approaching lunch with lovely weather to boot as well.

"How about a picnic, just the two of us" he hoped she would love the idea.

"A picnic sounds amazing, Griogair," Ceilidh said as she leaned up to kiss him gently.

He definitely knew she had an eating problem right now. The problem was that she wanted to eat everything...all the time.

"By the lake where you first kissed me?" She asked and finally pulled away from her love.

Griogair gladly accepted the kiss, his hands coming to her waist to pull her close as he could which was slowly getting further and further away thanks to her bump. He was truly blessed, he had a beautiful woman, a child on the way and hopefully, some of his family would get to meet them.

"I did more than kiss you there," he flashed a cheeky smirk, "But yes I was thinking there too, I'll go tell the kitchen of the plans, I'll meet you there." He gave her forehead a gentle kiss before he left for the kitchen.

The picnic was great, it had little sandwiches, dried and fresh fruit, Charcuterie Board and some small pastries for Ceilidh's sweet tooth. It was nice with just the two of them in the sun, it made him forget for a little while he would be leaving soon. It was going to be remembering moments like this that would get him through his uncertain adventure.

Those few days passed quickly, as he prepared for his trip into dangerous territory, the plan was he was going to meet her Ceilidh's contact first and proceed from there but the closer he came to leaving, the more he wanted to stay. He was in their bedroom going over his pack, checking he had everything, this was the third time he had done so because it was lasting he had to before he had to leave and he was looking for an excuse to delay it even for just a few minutes.

Their last days together were perfect. Ceilidh wished she would have know they would be the last but it was a hindsight she had not gained yet. What would she have done differently? She would never let him leave.

"I am going to miss you, my love," Ceilidh said with a smile as she slowly pushed herself off their bed and walked over to Griogair.

"Do you have everything?"