Private Tales Reckoning

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Em wiped the frothy moustache from her upper lip and frowned at him. "What good's a bow going to do me on a ship of pirates armed with knives and swords?" she asked incredulously. "Sure you're a pirate?.." her head tilted and she gave a light smirk.

She threaded her way back through the crowd, and it didn't take long to reach Amara's ship, crewmen moving up and down the gangplank carrying crates and barrels. Emilie rolled her shoulder as she walked, as was becoming a habit every time it ached a little too much. Amara sat at the top of the gangplank, reading a list as she oversaw everything being taken off, and brought on to the ship.

"Well... Good luck." she glanced to Mako, letting him do the 'talking' so to speak.

• Stressed
Reactions: Mako
Ships are very big. He counted with a quirk smirk and a flick of his fingers, shaking his head before the two of them pushed themselves up and they headed back into the crowd.

As they made their way to Amara Mako began to play what he would say over in his head.

Amara had been like a big sister to him. She'd half helped teach him to 'speak' with his fingers, and had spent just as much time around Radic as he had. The only reason she wasn't a Reckoner herself was because she'd denied it, simply seeing it as too much of a chore.

When they approached the ship Mako frowned, Amara catching sight of them before he could even 'say' a single thing.

"That was quick! Already take care of your business?"

She called, Mako slowly shaking his head. mNo....need your help.

"Aw...fuck. What now?"

The Captain called out, a hand rubbing at her face before she even had a moment to read Mako's answer. He let her wallow in a bit of misery before answering, rubbing at his face as if he regretted even asking.

Need help disguising ourselves. New clothes. Make-up. Maybe some dyes. Amara looked at him as she read her fingers.

"Oh...no. No no no. You can't be that stupid. You can't be this fucking stupid."

• Nervous
Reactions: Emilie
Em winced slightly at Amara's response and her arms folded across her stomach, chewing on her lip until she decided to speak up.

"We know its a lot to ask.. But you can't possibly understand what its like. Asha and her crew are hunting reckoners, they killed my father and they're looking for us too. Its either we get to them or they get to us." her head shook. "We don't have any other choice, Amara."

• Nervous
The Captain looked at Mako, then glanced at Emilie, then glanced back at Mako.

"This is your fault. You fucking idiot. You got her into this situation and now-now..."

A swear passed over the woman's lips.

Amara had always been rather...expressive. Mako couldn't remember a single moment in his life where she had held back her thoughts. More than once that had lead to violence, and often at her own expense. She was a woman that spoke her mind.

Perhaps why she had made it so far.

"FINE!"

She declared.

"Fine. I'll help you. I have the makeup, but you'll need clothes, and maybe change your hair. Can't believe I'm doing this."

Mako offered a small smile. Thank you.

If he could have spoken, his voice would have been meek.

“Yes.. It is his fault.” She said as she glanced to Mako. “But had he not carved this curse into my shoulder, I’d be dead.” She huffed sharply. “I’ll probably wind up that way anyway, I know it’s stupid. But If there was any other way we’d do it..”

Em smiled as the Captain agreed to help and she reached to squeeze at her arm in thanks. She was given new, more revealing clothes, to which she bit back any sort of retort given the look that Amara fixed her with. A henna ink stained her hair brown and it hung in waves down around her shoulders, and her mark was covered well enough to cause Emilie surprise as she looked down at the ink now covering her skin.

She had her pick of weapons and made sure to tuck a few extra blades here and there as well as the two long daggers she now wore at her hips. Amara smirked as she placed a hat on her head and nodded in approval.

"How do I look?"

1646157993137.png

• Wonder
"Like a proper Pirate."

Amara declared with a wide smile as she looked Emilie up and down. There was no small amount of pride in her voice, and the smile on her face drew into a wide grin. She had always been one of the few women on Radic's ship.

It would have been nice to have another.

"I'd be damned pleased to have you on my crew."

The Captain told Emilie, shaking her head and taking in a deep breath.

"Come on, lets go see what the Moron had done."

Amara said with a shake of her head as she turned and headed towards the door. As she and Emilie stepped onto the deck they would find Mako. He wore a vest with no shirt, his dark hair had been slicked back, and tattoos covered his chest and stretched onto his back. His eyes had changed color too, that odd yellow hue now a dark brown.

Wow. He signed. A pirates life for thee, eh?

Mako said with that familiar smile.

Emilie laughed. It was a rare thing lately, but the thought of her as a pirate was too amusing not to. "Well. If I survive Asha, maybe I'll join you." she said with a shrug as she straightened her hat with a smirk.

Her brows rose at the sight of Mako and her eyes rolled as she made her own 'sign' back at him.

"And you look like a sleezeball.. Works out." she shrugged.

• Cthulhoo rage
Amara let out a chuckle, but Mako only rolled his eyes.

One minute she was saying she'd be dead without him and the next she called him a sleaze. Women they were more of a mystery than the damned world tree. A loud sigh escaped him as he simply turned on his heel and headed towards the gangplank.

Half-way there he spun on his heel. Let's get going.

He told her.

Or do you have more jokes you want to tell? It was hard to translate Sarcasm over the signs, but his expression did a good job of it.