Roleplay OOC Ready. Set. Rumble!

Az'Marith

The Scribe
Character Biography
Link
Now hear this!
Rumble in Ragash!

As it is with each of Arethil's four seasons, for those of the Empire the time has come once again for the quarterly Festival of the Divan!

As is tradition, the populace of the Empire will forgo their usual activities and dedicate themselves to the festival which lasts for a week. This is a time of joyful noise and merry fellowship, with music and light and magic! And as is also tradition, this season has come with its own flare to the festival.

A tournament!
The tournament will include a number of divisions, starting with the likes such as but not be limited to:

• Chariot Races
  • Foot Races
  • Gymnastics
  • Feats of Strength
  • Feats of Magic

In the final days of the festival the competitions will transition to a far more martial sort, such as one on one combat and jousting.

Come and participate, or come and just spectate, or perhaps even try your coin at who might be declared victor?

Champions from far and wide are invited to test their skills against the Empire's most decorated athletes!

Join us for the Festival of the Divan in the Imperial jewel of Ragash, and prove your might to the world!

Last edited:
Mechanics
So, for the upcoming tournament, I thought it might be fun to add in some mechanics in order to alleviate some strain and keep things flowing along.

Now this is all just some preliminary thinking, so if anyone would like to share any ideas please feel free! But starting off, I was thinking that if we want to follow through on some things like feats of strength, chariot races and what have you, we could set out a particular mechanic. For example:

Let's say 3 sets per characters to roll max score. We'll say 1d20.

Let's roll for Ashuanar.

[1d20] Roll: [6] Result: 6
[1d20] Roll: [5] Result: 5
[1d20] Roll: [11] Result: 11

Ashuanar rolled 22!

So in the feat of strength Ashuanar scored 22.

Let's roll for Safiya.

[1d20] Roll: [2] Result: 2
[1d20] Roll: [1] Result: 1
[1d20] Roll: [9] Result: 9

Safiya rolled 12!

Well it looks like Safiya didn't do so well in the Feat of Strength. We'll use the same mechanic in a race and see how she does.

Or maybe she'll do better in the melee!

For any one on one combat, I thought in order to keep things moving along and keep people from getting caught up in prolonged fight sequences, we'd put some similar mechanics in place. This one we'll do a little differently, and leave it somewhat up to the writers how they'd like to go about it.

Going with the same idea, we'll do three rounds per character. But instead of rounding up for a max score, we'll score each round individually. Think of it like rock paper scissors, 1 is rock, 2 is paper, 3 is scissors.

Let's roll for Ashuanar:

[1d3] Roll: [1] Result: 1 - Rock
[1d3] Roll: [3] Result: 3 - Scissors

Let's roll for Safiya:

First round Safiya rolled a tie each time! In this case we'll leave it up to the writers if you both want to roll again or just the second roller. For this instance I'll simply roll Safiya's again.

For the sake of writing, these instances can be written out as a back and forth between your characters where no one lands a blow, if you both intend to roll again of course.

[1d3] Roll: [3] Result: 3 - Scissors
[1d3] Roll: [2] Result: 2 - Paper

We all know how rock paper scissors works. Ashuanar lands two wins and a tie against Safiya, defeating her. He will now move on to the next round of the tournament, which will be organized pending player involvement.

Let me know what you think!

• Yay
Reactions: Masika
Prizes!
STANDBY

There will be In Character prizes for the various competitions in the tournament! While these are still in the works, some of them will include V.I.P involvement in a special Imperial Divan affair, items of great magic and power, wealth, and even status! Stay tuned for more information!

• Yay
Reactions: Masika
IC
Sparsely at first, but soon growing in number, flyers found their way near and far from the appointed place. They were posted on shop windows, lantern-posts, even on the backs of private carriages:

The Festival of the Divan
If you are reading this, you are invited to the city of Ragash in Amol-Kalit for the Festival of the Holy Divan. While this festival is always open to peaceful travelers, this celebration in particular will feature not one, but two most spectacular events.

The Imperial Games
And
The World's Tournament

Both champions from kingdoms far and wide and stand-alone warriors are invited the take part in these incredible tests of skill!