Completed Pyrokenesis

Did being a decent human qualify as Knightly? If that's all it took, then perhaps there would be far more Knights running around. ... or far fewer, as the case may be. But as for him being a big shot Dreadlord ...

"I see..." he nodded solemnly to her suggestion, "I have not the chance to see this with my own eyes, but I will certainly make the time to do so when my schedule is no longer dictated by the Academy. In the meantime, I will write out to my eldest sister, Jiya, and implore her to do so on my behalf. She is the Lady of our Great House now," an all generosities and projects would need her approving regardless.

As for family? This earned Thraah a wary glance, one that stated without words that it was not something he spoke of lightly. Even Nobles could experience family troubles, and while his own was perhaps quite different from hers, it was no less impactful to his life. The grief that came upon him in the moment of thinking about it hit him like a landslide and he suddenly realized just how incredibly tired he really was.

And he had to make the trek back to the Academy dorms without crutches.

"I would gladly speak to you of my family, but perhaps at another time? I do not mean to cut our discussion short, but admittedly I have grown quite tired and had not intended to be out here so long."

• Cry
Reactions: Thraah
Thraah was stunned. She genuinely didn't expect him to ACT on it. Least of all so seriously.
"Oh, uh you don't I mean..." Let him help. He offered. She stoked the warmth from her core again and let it radiate out to cover them both. It was a simple gratitude.
"Thank you, again. You're too kind. Like really." He was, nobody was that good were they? Thraah wasn't, but... couldn't she?

Oh no, family is a sore spot.
She closed the distance as he spoke and in a move she hoped wasn't too forward she reached out and took his hand.
"It's okay, I eh... I get it. Another time. Um, Listen I'm kinda done here..." Thraah had by no means finished cleaning the chapel for use. "... and I got nothing back there..." Another lie, Thraah had left her sword and scabbard there but she could come back and get it later, or in the morning. "... sooo I'll walk you back? We don't have to talk, it can be a nice silent walk, two people walking. It's cold and I know my dad always complains about his joints in the cold so you shouldn't let your legs get cold."
Her face was wide and honest. The last part was honest at least. She had noticed his pensive look back at the Academy way and even though she didn't fear for his safety it was a lonely walk.

Maseno Luana

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Pern
"Sure, if that is what you wish, that would be most welcome," Maz could hardly turn her away for such a kind offer. And the warmth of her presence was indeed a soothing one, "but it does not need to be in silence if you have more to say."

Not that he was opposed to silence. There was great peace to be found in it and he could walk in quiet contentedness with her back to the Academy, but Thraah didn't strike him as someone who valued silence in her life. She was so exuberant and expressive, and he rather liked that about her.

With a sober smile he turned to begin his way back up the hill, now bereft of his crutches and the weight that went with them - physical and otherwise.

"Perhaps you might tell me more about why you like this church?" amber eyes turned to her curiously as they walked, "I was told you favor the ruin and spend time there often."

• Yay
"Yeah,"
Thraah beamed at Maseno. The kind of look one gets when they get exactly what they wanted.
"Well, it's no secret that this place was passed over for the one they build just off the Academy grounds. After all its bigger and grander, new republic, new chapel Yada Yada Yada. But I figure, why not use it right? I mean if nobody else wants it I reckon I could turn... it..."
Was she going to tell him?
She paused just a moment to glance up at him. His eyes met hers and she decided she was definitely going to tell him.
"I'm starting a Club, kinda. It's if people want to. Kinda, for folk that don't have many... friends."
Wow now that she said it she felt really dumb. It sounded kinda childish to her out loud. Felt better in her head.
"Aheh, or something like that!"
Welp, Maseno told her to talk so here it was.

Maseno Luana

• Bless
Reactions: Maseno Luana
He supposed she had a point. The building still stood and it was still quaint and welcoming as it always had been. There was no reason to discard it simply because it had been replaced by another.

"A club?" he inquired. For Initiates who didn't have many friends. Maseno's gaze lit up brightly at that, as if the notion had stoked his own internal embers, "That is a wonderful idea," he smiled warmly, feeling a newfound respect for Thraah settle into his mind, "so many of us struggle with kinship - from how we were raised. A year is not enough time to unlearn the fear and hatred the Academy has ingrained within us. I consider myself lucky that I have been able to stay in contact with my family, it has granted me an opportunity to learn a different way..."

"What made you decide to do this?"

• Wonder
"Oh,"
In truth Thraah had not considered all of that. Her eye was lesser sighted somewhat. She knew only that in her classes she oft sat alone and so did others deemed too wild or dark to approach in friendship and that she felt a wrongness in this. Wanted to change it. Like the heroes of the rebellion changed things. Only, smaller scale and much faster.
"Yeah, that's it I guess. Aheh."
As for what gave her the idea... she hadn't given it much thought but there was a reason now she was asked. She replied but didn't look at Maseno again.
"I, wrote home, recently and I really miss them. My family I mean. After the dance I decided to do something about it. I don't expect it will ever be the same but maybe it could be something. Yaknow?"
She didn't want to tell him the details, how she spent the night in raging tears alone in the dark because she had gone there alone and left the same way. That wasn't the right honesty for now.
When you grow up sharing a space then your own room can feel isolating sometimes.

Maseno Luana

• Bless
Sympathy was commonly met with ire in the Academy, but Maseno shared the expression openly with her, even if she wasn't looking at him. He understood the isolation their home engendered. It was lesser now, but only minutely so. Many students still lived in the past and he knew it would take many, many years to undo the damages done. Some may never overcome and he felt all the more saddened for it.

"I do hope your club is a success then," Maz replied quietly, a hopeful smile overtaking his expression as he looked on to the Academy expanse before them swallowing them up as they strode through the arches of the outer stone wall, "you deserve friendship. We all do. If there is anything I can do to help you in this endeavor, please let me know."

• Aww
When you faked a smile you felt it. It's an effort to make the simple motion of facial spasms that pulled at the lips and buffed the cheeks.
But when it was real, you could feel it too. Thraah could feel Maseno's smile even though she wasn't looking. Could hear it in his voice. His kindness to her was appreciated but felt undeserved.
*Why is he like this? Why is he so, giving? Noble's don't give. He doesn't act much like a noble.*
"Thanks, heh. I'm sure it'll be fine."
*Unless it's not.*
"And you don't have to do anything. If it's not meant to be then it's not meant to be. I am inviting loners after all aheh."
As they came closer to the Academy Thraah gave an extra kick of heat and inched closer.
"How's your leg? Is it cold? I can get hotter, I mean, warmer, I mean, ahem. How's your leg?"
She was grateful that the long shadow of the Academy would help hide her flush of embarassment.

Maseno Luana

• Wonder
He supposed she had a point. Getting loners together was certainly an uphill battle, but he hoped she'd find some success.

"My leg?" Maseno's brows raised over a quirk of a smile at her word fumble, "It is sore, but feeling much better now. Having your warmth and company as a distraction certainly helps." As they reached a side entrance to a larger hall, Maseno paused his stride to look over at his fiery companion, "I must be on my way now, but I am glad we had this chance to speak, Thraah. I look forward to more conversations in the future - I should like to know how your club turns out."

• Aww
That was kinda sad to hear but Thraah understood.
It would be selfish of her to hoard him all to herself, even if she did kinda want to.
"Yeah, it's cool. I'll get you when you're meditating sometime. I mean, I'll join you, for a meditation, soon."
This feeling was awkward, it was like she was waiting for permission to leave so she started to turn but stopped herself.
Was, Maseno waiting for something? Nah, he was good, great, even. Great looking, great dancer, great kindness...
When Thraah realised she was staring into his eyes again and that she was probably hoping for too much right now she made some effort of will and took a short step back to allow him to get away backing up against the outer wall. The stone was cool against her back but she still kicked off a soft warmth for a few feet around herself.
"Thanks again. I'm glad you found me."
Her smile was small, one sided and slightly insecure about itself.

• Cthuulove
The warmth of his smile was visible and might have even matched that of the warmth diffused by her own figure, "Likewise. Sleep well, Thraah."

With a measured and fluid movement, now unencumbered by his crutches, Maseno pulled his hands to lightly clasp at his back as he turned and quietly strode off through an archway to the left.

What a pleasant evening it had been, and most unexpected on many fronts indeed.