Fable - Ask Public Enemies

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first
"I'd much rather be leaving now, actually. At the very least, I'd like to stay in one of these carriages until you've finished up your business here."
Tzuriel gave her an understanding expression and was thoughtful for a moment.
He wasn't insensitive to her request and understood her need to leave as quickly as possible... But he had to consider the consequences, how such an action might look to the villagers.

After thinking about it he gave her an answer.
"I understand that you want to leave, I really do. But right now the villagers believe that I'm an expert on your condition, and those who choose to use their brains will be watching me for ques on how they should respond. Therefore, if I act like your abilities are really not a big deal to "city folk', if I show them a lack of urgency then they will believe that your condition really isn't such a big deal after all."
He shrugged, "That's the hope anyways. Those that try to do you harm at this point are simply too unintelligent to be fooled."

He looked over to the two adventurers, then back to the girl.
"I suppose you can stay in a wagon until we leave, though I think it would be safer if you were visible and out in the open... You saw how the mob was about to lynch me too when I stood up to them? Someone nearly convinced everyone that I was bewitched by you. If they get the chance to get you alone or out of sight of witnesses, they can make up whatever story they want and your word won't outweigh theirs. But if everyone can see you in the open doing no harm, then nobody could convince them otherwise."

He smiled when she introduced herself.
"Sapphire... Such a rare and beautiful name, just like the stone. I am honored to help."

• Yay
Reactions: Sapphire
Tzuriel wanted to put on a sort of play for the villagers, it seemed. The merchant argued that an abrupt departure would draw suspicion from the mob. Instead, he reckoned that it was best she remained in the eye of the public. As long as they knew where she was, and what she was doing, then they'd have no reason to fear. A sound argument, though Sapphire wasn't sure how it differed much from skipping town and leaving these backwards fools to continue wallowing in this decrepit little town.

"Fine, I'll play along for now. But if one of these fools tries anything funny then I'm breaking their arms and we're leaving". Hurting an innocent was one thing, but if anyone made a move to hurt her she had no problem showing them what she could do.

Tzuriel seemed to like her name, and Sapphire had to hold herself back from rolling her eyes in response. She supposed she did owe the man something, so she wasn't going to lash out at him for a simple compliment. Still, she replied:
"'Saph' is fine".

• Bless
Reactions: Tzuriel Alanthis
"Fine, I'll play along for now. But if one of these fools tries anything funny then I'm breaking their arms and we're leaving".
Tzuriel raised his hands defensively with a light chuckle, "It was merely a suggestion, do whatever makes you feel safest! We'll be leaving this village peacefully before you know it."

"'Saph' is fine".
"Very well, miss Saph. Welcome to the caravan of the Alanthis Trading Company!"

He nodded to the two adventurers, "She doesn't know how to control her abilities yet, so try not to lay a finger on her if it can be helped."
This drew some puzzled looks from them because he seemed so familiar with her abilities.
"... You mean, she's like the way you were a few years ago?"
Tzuriel shook his head, "No, but until she's found a way to control her abilities it's best that you not touch her. She can fill you in if she feels so inclined."
He winked at Sapphire and then moved away to observe the impromptu market they'd set up and to speak with the elder again.

The two adventurers shrugged and turned to Sapphire.
"Miss 'Sapphire', correct?"

• Yay
Reactions: Sapphire