Private Tales Pressure Vol.I

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Kenpachi Essa

Swordsmans Legacy
Character Biography
Link
Somewhere in Amol Kalit...

" I wish I could tell you that everything in your growing life is going to be fine. Its not. You will be judged, rejected and shunned for what you are and if you cant come to terms with what or who you are then you will only know pain."

My fathers words rang true in my mind. Hard hands working the bone, grinding, raking and tanning the hides of various desert animals. Elderly camels now weeks dead served the family and tribe in death as it did in life. Only this time with a different form and purpose. Even so I could feel it. Subtle glances and the invisible hands clutching me by all sides. Whispers lifting to the heavens above as if spat by priests themselves, condescending tones, pompous body language. There was only so much a man could take. Pressure.

I've told myself before that I dont care.

I dont care.

I dont care.

But still a part, somewhere in me did. Dropping my tools to the ground and gently removing the mask that hid my face I turned around. Jaw stern, Amber eyes connected with many others as they went about their activities. Ignored in confrontation and discussed about when the back was turned. A sharp inhale through the nose was all I needed to contain my buried rage. All I saw were ghasts walking to and fro. That is what everyone would be if I had my way. " Kenpachi! Finish tanning that hide. Your mother needs it." Just like that, another morbid thought divided apart. Like a hand cutting smoke. " Yes father." I responded quickly and smiled. It was all an act. For whatever reason I felt I had to smile. To conform to whatever standards or way of life the Abtati had.

" Father, I- I have a question. You often teach me how to ..conduct myself as if I were a Abtati, but-." I paused suddenly. My fatehrs head tilted down to the ground. An expression of deep thought? Emotion? Even with just the eyes It was truly hard to describe. Alas he responded. " Son, You are." He stated gripping my shoulder.

Even thought I couldn't see his face I could tell he was smiling. Imagining it was enough to bring the same to my face as well. I understood his saying.

" Now stop procrastinating!" He snapped.

• Yay
Reactions: Ukrit Nahr