Private Tales Potion seller

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Liadrin was confused at the woman’s reaction to her words, until the hood was pulled back. To which, her eyes rose in astonishment, as to Lilette it might have seemed as if Liadrin had teleported over to her, the Kavosh eyeing her nearly defined ears with a degree of what must have been curiosity. “You know something of my plight, but dearest sister, if you were to look me in the eyes, would you not find me queer?” She asked, genuinely, as she batted her dull purple eyes to the woman. “If you require my protection however, then I will grant it to you, in addition for the services rendered. If this is agreeable?”

Liadrin felt that sting of obedience at the back of her mind, knowing too well the desire she held to protect someone.

Lilette Blackbriar

• Devil
Reactions: Lilette Blackbriar
Lilette smiled at both her curiosity and naivety. Her own eyes, which shone in a silvery hue that seemed just a little too bright for such a dark room, stared right back at Liadrin.

"Relatively speaking? No... not in the way thouest believe"

Honestly it was hard to hold back her amusement at the irony that someone believed themselves stranger than a creature as herself. Still, she was beginning to develop a certain liking to Liadrin. Perhaps they would be kindred spirits, or at least folk with enough commonality that might come to an understanding. Either way, it was a dynamic she had interest in exploring.

Among other things.

"While I am unsure that I require protection per se, It would be a lie to say that I wouldn't enjoy the company. Most days I keep to myself, but not often by choice I'm afraid. Mine own projects have made connection rather... difficult, you see"

Liadrin

• Devil
Reactions: Liadrin
Liadrin found herself stricken by Lilette’s gaze, fixated on the silvery glint that shone within the pupils. It reminded Liadrin of coin, a commodity she had chanced for several of her early years, before realizing the foolishness of it all.

“I see.” Was the only words she could stir from the woman’s retort.

Her hands clasped together, she nodded slowly as Lilette spoke of her other projects, of works unknown to Liadrin. “Mayhaps, you would wish to study my abilities, and…aid us both in our endeavors then, would this assail you, fair maiden?“ She inquired, her hand motioning to her swords, which Lilette might have noticed were cracked and…seemed in a bit of disrepair.

Lilette Blackbriar

"It... would not. I welcome it, actually" She would smile, turning away after throwing a curious glance over her swords.

Lilette removed a book from one of the many shelves about her room, this one seeming much larger and worn than her notebook, though it was kept clean by shear use alone. Opening the book to show Liadrin upon her return, it was filled with similar, though much more colorful illustrations that seemed to borrow from the same celestialist moon and star motif as her own work.

According to the recreation of fighting men and women, and the detailed notes of how they fought, it was likely a paladin's manuscript, or the works of a warrior monk.

"I learned from men such as these long before any doctor. And so I should forewarn thee that I travel often, and sometimes I must use this this training in the acquisition of knowledge.

I've a mission after all, and cannot abandon it so easily"

Liadrin

• Devil
At least her new companion seemed to desire her company. Liadrin could take comfort in that at least. She followed Lilette's gaze over to her weapons, then watched the woman produce a book. These ones were a tad different than what Liadrin was used to, images, examples, rather than significant words of power or symbols of casting. A manual of some sort, though what this manual was, she knew not. Well, aside from the fact that Lilette had drawn upon this knowledge, and seemed able to use it. Least she didn't have another damsel to try and protect. "It is good for one to know the basis of defense, but there is only so much one can learn from the lessons of steel." She spoke, reached out with her right hand, as she allowed her tongue the faintest of motion, conjuring an azure flame on her finger tips.

"The power I offer, will compliment that, I hope." She winced, trying to keep the flames in check, feeling their desire to burst forth and begin a cycle of destruction, but for now she could hold it. She must hold it. And indeed she held it for several seconds, before it slipped. Immediately, she let the magic die in her palm, right as the fire began to creep and threatened to spill out of her palm.

Phantom pain made her shake her hand, trying to banish the sensations, and she deeply hoped that Lilette would believe it all part of her show.

In spite of it all, she still wasn't in control.

Lilette Blackbriar

• Yay
"It is good for one to know the basis of defense, but there is only so much one can learn from the lessons of steel."

Lilette's arms fell limply at her sides as Liadrin began to sprout a flame that grew quickly from her palm. She feigned another smile of course, but bitterly so as she stared into the flames, burning just as hot.

"Yes... yes of course, steel and will alone will always be just behind the arcane, after all"

She turned away to return the book, stopping to collect her thoughts for but a moment, leaning against the bookshelf for support.

"I fear that I am no mage, Miss Liadrin. Traveling with one of your talents will be... useful"

Looking over the collection of books, half being the subject of steel, the others being of monsters and magic- perhaps too much for a woman who could not cast spells- she was reminded of the personal importance of her mission. So many sleepless nights of research, and she had only just begun to scratch the surface.

She vowed to find the answer, even if it killed her.

"Well then," Lilette turned, beckoning for Liadrin to follow "let us find thee a room, shall yes?"

• Devil
Liadrin remained unaware of the animosity the brewed from within her new found ally.

"I only wish to be useful, for the right reasons, of course." Her eyes followed with Lilette, trying to recall the last time her eyes had laid sight on books, ones to read for simple enjoyment, not for the means of war. It was a hallow memory, of cold nights in the basement, clinging to the remnants of smoldering candles to starve off the nights chill.

Then Lilette motioned for her to follow, and being the nice lass she was, she nodded in agreement and went with. "Of course, I just hope I don't prove problematic."

Lilette Blackbriar

• Yay
"There shan't be issue here, so long as thou'rt considerate of a few ground rules" Lilette was already confident that she could argue convince her sisters to allow Liadrin's stay, already aware of at least one empty room.

She led her out a side door that went up some stairs into the church itself, past rather plain looking windows that- in stark contrast to the converted store room downstairs- had no curtains, allowing daylight aplenty which seemed to strain Lilette's sensitive eyes as she passed them by.

A few of the windows however were made from stained glass, depicting various deities of the Celestialist pantheon.

"Obviously rule one in our house is that you will not disrespect the pantheon. Honestly, just don't praising the dark ones or vandalizing the premise and I'm sure you'll get along fine enough" She stifled a chuckle.

"Rule two, If thou should dine with my sisters, you'll be asked to wait until after prayer before eating, and to save your leftovers. It will either become our next meal or that of the poor. If thou'rt unoccupied, it may be requested of thee to help in the kitchen, as we take our turns in pairs"

"As for myself," Lilette gave her a glance, more like an older sibling establishing the rules of their own room for the first time, or even an employer addressing a new hireling, being a rather private person and most certainly assertive of the fact.

"I've only two such rules to bear in mind; That being thou shalt knock afore entering my quarters,"
Then she stopped abruptly in front of a closed door, turning to face Liadrin.

"Thou shalt Not. Enter. After dark. And I shalt not answer. The nature of my project requires the utmost focus, and leaves me quite tired.
Otherwise, I am happy to assist thee or discuss the particulars during daylight hours, perhaps even indulge thee in idle chatter so long as the moons are still low"

Liadrin

• Devil
Rules were not something Liadrin was accustomed to. Not that she disliked rules, but rather, where she typically lived there were no such things. Regardless, she followed behind Lilette, seeming almost like a lost puppy as she went. "I'm not the religious sort." She remarked, hearing both rules being explained to her, it offered very little she might have found troubling, though she supposed she could keep her weapons stored within Lilette's shop for the time being. There seemed little sense in trying to take the tools with her elsewhere.

Lilette's rules seemed the same and rather straight forward, nothing that could prove troubling to the woman, and so she merely nodded slowly at the mention of possible late night discussions. "If you wish to privy me to much, then yes, I can partake in discussions with you, but I will keep some secrets to myself. I'm....my past is best kept under wraps, for both our sake fair maiden. You may think low of me now, but perhaps even more so when you know the whole of what I am." She explained, hands clasped together as they walked, her gaze averted down.

It was always best that no one knew what she was, she found.

Lilette Blackbriar

• Devil
"Oh? an adorable thing, thou'rt" Lilette laughed quietly to herself "I should doubt thine story would harm me. I've seen many terrible and strange things since fleeing yonder Falwood, and become accustomed to much"

Her smile threated to become a grin again, The vampire being quite entertained by the game of comparison and secrets that they played.

"I value another's privacy much as mine own, and shan't pry beyond that of your care. But perhaps, in time, thou wilt find me an unjudgmental sort?"

She opened the door for Liadrin , revealing a simple room that was comparatively empty. A neatly made but simple bed was tucked into the corner with a chest at it's foot, arranged beside a simple night stand and a wardrobe placed opposite from an arched window with curtains of a noticeably lighter cloth than Lilette's.

"I'll inform the girls to skip this one when cleaning, if thou would prefer. I'm sure they're quite used to respecting such privacy after this past year or more of mine stay"

• Devil